• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Looks like people are over analyzing Sakurai's tweets and setting expectations with no real reasons again, it never changes haha. But I hope that all of you get someone that you really enjoy, and I hope it's a character that has good reception and is remembered as one of the greats! :)

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Hey, quick question, sorry if I'm derailing the train; why did people want Magnus in the Wii U/3DS days? From what I played of Uprising, he didn't even have all that big an impact on the game.
I think that it was mostly because of the pre-launch trailers for Uprising. He was featured pretty heavily (probably a bit more than Palu) and just looked dope.

Then we actually got to play the game and realized he was only in like two chapters lol
I've come back, and I'm ready to watch the world burn. :reverse:
Yoooo! Always cool to see the Smash 4 speculation homies.

God I’m so amped for tomorrow. I already know that I’ll be tossing and turning tonight in bed out of sheer excitement. The presentation is at 9 AM where I am, which is pretty early for me, but I bet my body will wake me up way earlier out of anticipation. This is just surreal. See you guys on the other side. Whoever the final character is, I’m excited for the inevitable discourse it will lead to.

Smash is awesome, this is awesome, god I can’t wait.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So for people who want Sora, what exactly are you looking for in terms of appearance? KH1, 2 or 3 Sora? Mixture of two for 4 swaps each? A spin-off costume?

I played but never finished KH1 and haven't played the rest so that's the one I'm used to, with his giant-ass shoes.
I think realistically if he got in they would use his KH3 look, it's not as iconic and it's definitely not as memorable but its the most recent one.

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
any
Kh1 version: give me stuff from chain of memories too I actually really like the card mechanics and it was their first nintendo game.
kh2 version: Give my drive forms if not powers then alts.
kh3: .......
:squirtle:
you fear it but i want story continuity from where we last left off.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
So for people who want Sora, what exactly are you looking for in terms of appearance? KH1, 2 or 3 Sora? Mixture of two for 4 swaps each? A spin-off costume?

I played but never finished KH1 and haven't played the rest so that's the one I'm used to, with his giant-ass shoes.
I'd expect his KH3 design with maybe a KH2 alt.
While KH1 is my favorite game in the series, I don't see his design from that game getting in.
KH2 or KH3 Sora would better fit the voice he would probably have if he got in Smash.
I know that previously it hasn't stopped Square from putting older Sora's voice on younger Sora (points to Re:Chain of Memories), but still.

NinJeds

Smash Rookie
Welp, The end is nigh. May as well give some last thoughts on both this site and Smash.

For this board, I never really posted here much, mostly just lurked. Unpopular opinion but this site might be the most… “Tolerable” place for Smash speculation on the Internet, though that’s not saying much.

There was obviously some rough patches, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy seeing you people bicker at least a little bit.

As for Smash, Ultimate is a fantastic game in my eyes. It’s given me memories of legendary reactions from me and my friends, introduced me to one of my favorite franchises in Castlevania, and gave me some of my favorite characters in this series.

I’m looking forward to the presentation tomorrow. Hoping Frisk or any other Indie character pulls through, though it’s not a big of a deal if it doesn’t happen considering it’s just a video game at the end of the day.

Despite all of this, I’m pretty ready for the end.
I don’t wanna go through any more speculation so I’m probably never coming back here.

It was a fun ride… kinda.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I’m curious; Say your MW gets revealed tomorrow, what is a song track you hope makes it on their music list?
There's a lot of songs I'd want for Reimu and Adol, with my personal favorites being Necrofantasia and The Strongest Foe respectively. Still, it'd be a disservice to not give a list, so here's a couple medleys that I discovered while I was new to the respective series.

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice

I’d want his default look to be his KH3 Look.

Red - Valor Form

Blue - Wisdom Form

Yellow - Master Form

Purple/Dark Colors- Based off Riku in KH3

Pink - Based off Kairi

White - Based off Roxas

Multicolor - Limit Form (his KH1 Appearance)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There are definitely things that would bum me out but nothing that I can really think of that would hype me up either. Sakurai has generally done a great job of selling me on why he (or technically Nintendo) selected a character and why they are interesting. Byleth I feel is the only one for Ultimate he failed on for me personally; and I'm about as big of a FE fan as they come.

3rd Party from new company > 3rd Party from new series > 1st Party from new series > Wild Card like WFT or Piranha Plant > 1st/3rd Party from existing series > 1st/3rd Party from existing series I don't care much about

After the game released Palutena took most of the support.
Probably the only shot in the dark character I got right in the long term. 2011, man have I gotten old. Pre-launch Uprising was a lot of fun. :4palutena:

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I think the only weird pick I called for Ultimate's cycle was Min Min before they announced ARMS was getting a rep.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Datamining the game confirmed the characters Nekoo mentioned but the following all have announcer calls
Garfield
Shredder
Jimmy Neutron
Plankton
Mr. Krabs
Squidward
Vlad Plasmius
Tommy Pickles
Zuko
Rocco
Jimmy and Zuko were my most wanteds for this game, this pleases me.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Then I see no reason to have them in a "fighter's pass" and more of a "Here's a handful of clones that took way less time then a normal character."
Other than that's what they've always done with previous games? Ran out of dev time for unique characters, then thrown in a bunch of clones at the end?

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Caught up with the thread. Can't say I'm enthusiastic at all about Master Chief since I have zero connection with whatever game he is from.

A character either really hypes me up, or I am as indifferent towards them as a stick on the side of the road.

I've got Joker, so can't be too bummed. Good for those who want him (if he actually gets in that is)

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I’m curious; Say your MW gets revealed tomorrow, what is a song track you hope makes it on their music list?
This song right here. This embodies pretty much the core reason I adore this fanservice-fest; sure, that may be your thing, but when the game hits you with this complete, utter abomination, you know for a fact that the rabbit hole is far, far deeper than it looks at first, and the blend of sheer terror and majesty in this one single song encapsulates that feeling perfectly.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
OH YEAH

I never really talked about it here, but last night I actually had a dream about the presentation. It starts with a Piranha Plant alt or something, and then I skipped around to later - I dunno, maybe I hopped on late - And lo and behold, the final fighter is Toad. Fairly standard stuff, used Mario powerups.

Also everyone was pissed. Angry about how it's the worst possible way to end the pass, and how Smash physically cannot end on a good character, and all that. Yeah...

I do not like the implications here, Sam I Am. I do not like them at all.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
With 9 hours to go, it's time for me to do my goodbye message. Planned to do it tomorrow, you know, after the reveal? But then I realized I don't know what'll happen to this thread and stuff so might as well.

Don't know what to say, it's been amazing. 4 freaking years of checking daily to read or partake in discussion about whether fictional characters get to punch Meta Knight. It's been unreal, it's been silly, it's been heated and heartfelt and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Y'all are crazy. Some straight up crazy but most are the cool kind of crazy. I'm glad that speculation's reaching it's natural conclusion because 4 years is a long time but looking back, what a trip. And looking forward? There will always be a next Smash, and I'll be honored to do this all over again.

There, I said my piece, mods can close this thread now because we all know it's gonna be Jump Rope Bunny

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I've only been here more than a year but I've met so many cool people and finally had a place to get all of my Smash themed thoughts out of my head. Ultimate ending soon is bittersweet but honestly, I'm glad it's over but I would do it again. I'm not gonna leave, I like to chat with you all and those creation threads won't run themselves.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Well, if we're saying our goodbyes...

It's been a wild ride. From my entry into hardcore gaming and speculation with Mario and Mega Man dying at the claws of Ridley, to the non-stop speculation I did after joining SmashBoards just before Min Min, it's been a lot. Over the course of my stay at SB, I've honestly matured a lot, and made a lot of friends I may not have that same passion I had when I first joined, but I've been introduced to a lot of new series and new people, and that's a win in my book. Here's to one last fighter; One last show.

AdolCar.png

And one last Adol Car. I need something to represent my mark here :4pacman:

But yeah. I'll pop into the general thread from time to time, at least, so it won't be the end end for SB for me. But it's definitely an end of an era.

Cheers to Super Smash Bros., everyone.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
It's time for me to go as well.
Don't know if I'll be back, maybe after the character is revealed, maybe later. Have a good night everyone and may the best win.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
OH YEAH

I never really talked about it here, but last night I actually had a dream about the presentation. It starts with a Piranha Plant alt or something, and then I skipped around to later - I dunno, maybe I hopped on late - And lo and behold, the final fighter is Toad. Fairly standard stuff, used Mario powerups.

Also everyone was pissed. Angry about how it's the worst possible way to end the pass, and how Smash physically cannot end on a good character, and all that. Yeah...

I do not like the implications here, Sam I Am. I do not like them at all.
holy ****ing ****, I recently had the exact same dream

his whole moveset was mario powerups & everything

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom