• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

VENA SERA 33

Smash Rookie

What the heck is going on? If Chief isn't in Smash then why would they tease us like this?? I...don't know what to think anymore.
Bingo. I wouldn't jump on the deconfirm train just yet. That could help Chiefs chances or be irrelevant. The big thing is that the 343 member would know by responding to a seemingly deconfirming tweet, it leaves the door open depending on how you interpret it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Alright, to be annoyingly literal, the posts don't actually say it's not Chief. Technically, he replied with "not happening" to the character from the last game he played. Which may not be Halo. So... I mean... if he's trolling, he didn't actually lie.

Having said that, this should be the takeaway:
But for the sake of our sanity, let's assume Chief is out of the running.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
My most wants for The Final DLC Character are Sol Badguy or Any Guilty Gear Character,Any Darkstalkers Character,Any Disgaea Character, Phoenix Wright , Arle Nadja(Puyo Puyo) ,Klonona,and Any WarioWare Character
Even if i didn't get the character i wanted tomorrow Im still glad we got Terry Bogard and Banjo&Kazooie in Super Smash Bros Ultimate

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
The thing that’s weird to me is that if it’s really Chief, either these devs are a teeny bit impatient and they’re too eager to tell us it’s Chief (which could piss of Sora Ltd and Sakurai and Nintendo) or it’s not Chief and the devs are playing with us because they want to watch the word burn

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
omg guys was Vergeben right all along!??!??!
It would be the ultimate irony if he wound up being right somehow. However, do consider this gem he shared days ago:
I haven't heard anything at all about who the final character is since I cut ties with my source. I just wanted to tell people that right now in case anyone wanted an update or anything.
Don't expect him to leak the character quickly before the announcement.

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
So anyway, if I might make at least one more hypothesis before I get some rest for the big reveal. Sakurai did seem to mention that he had a lot of fun with the recording session for the final Sakurai presents, and IIRC he mentions that when he gets to talk about a game or game franchise he's really passionate about. Combined with the tweets about this final character maybe being under the radar, at least by Japan's standards, I have a feeling Sakurai may have helped pitch this pick to Nintendo himself. Whether it's for a game/series that's lower profile just by Japan's standards or across all regions is a toss up, but either way it looks like everyone who tunes in tomorrow morning is going to get acquainted with a series in a way only Sakurai can.

Definitely looking forward to it.

Welp here it is for everyone to re juggle their MW memory.

The Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II MW Character List

Octoling

Elma

Sora

Doomguy

Crash

Cinderace

Sgt Cortez

Master Chief

Chozo Dude

Neku

Frisk

Rayman

Dr. Eggman

Battletoads

Decidueye

Nahobino

Waluigi

Isaac

Phoenix Wright

Fulgore

Ezio

Tracer

Kratos

Gordon Freeman

King Boo

Scorpion

Reimu

Bill Rizer

Lu Bu

Off The Hook

Saber

Estelle Bright

Zero

Mega Man X

Ryu Hayabusa

Bandana Waddle Dee

Sol Badguy

Chun-Li

Impa

Jill Valentine

Leon Kennedy

Pauline

Arle

Mona

Monokuma

Who asked for who? You know who ya are. If any of these characters make it my hat's off to you!

Some of these characters may even fit the last minute speculation discussed here today. And so with that I ask one final time if there are any characters not listed here please feel free to let me know and I will add them. You all have my gratitude for lifting this old man's spirits these last few months as Ultimate draws to a close. Thank you one and all.
Hey, I made a commitment to Asuka as my pick and I'm going to stand by her one way or another. It ain't over 'till the tagline drops.

So uh

Chief's VA chipped in.
Though...
I wasn't even gunning for Chief and that still hurt my soul. F to all the Chieftans out there, my condolences.

I wonder what the final Pic of the Day before the big reveal is going to be...

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice

What the heck is going on? If Chief isn't in Smash then why would they tease us like this?? I...don't know what to think anymore.
Why are people reading this as "it's not Tuesday yet?" Where are we getting "yet" from?

One of them says "maybe one day" and the other says "it's not Tuesday." It sounds like he's literally saying Chief isn't happening tomorrow-- they're in agreement.

VENA SERA 33

Smash Rookie
I saw, I’m just not comprehending. I wanted clarification is all.
First 343 member tweeted seemingly deconfirming statement saying "Maybe One Day" in response to Chief in Smash. Second 343 member comments saying "It is not Tuesday John" keeping the door open depending on how you interpret that last tweet. Either he is saying "it isn't happening" or "we are not at the reveal yet".

Last edited:

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice
Halos community manager said Chief ain’t coming. Now some other Halo employee is saying he might be. Overall, they do a little trolling.
How are yet and John synonyms?

Yeah it's safe to say the Chief won't be finishing this fight.
So, what’s the verdict then? I mean if an NDA is evolved they can’t really say either way, it is strange to tweet something out like that the day before the presentation though…

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Sometimes I wish community people stayed quiet about these. Even Sakurai, because the two different tweets he made today have sent people into pandemonium with super wild expectations less than 24 hours away. It's insane how much things have escalated this close to the end, it's tiresome.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Why are people reading this as "it's not Tuesday yet?" Where are we getting "yet" from?

One of them says "maybe one day" and the other says "it's not Tuesday." It sounds like he's literally saying Chief isn't happening tomorrow-- they're in agreement.
Guess it boils down to pragmatics, whether you see it as "it's not Tuesday {yet}." or "{Master Chief in Smash}; it's not Tuesday".

And that's why he nailed the tweet, haha.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I wish community people stayed quiet about these. Even Sakurai, because the two different tweets he made today have sent people into pandemonium with super wild expectations less than 24 hours away. It's insane how much things have escalated this close to the end, it's tiresome.
Just ignore it. Its only gonna last another 11 hours and then its over for the foreseeable future. Let people freak out and everything will calm down.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
What was the second Sakurai tweet today? I only saw the first one.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
So, what’s the verdict then? I mean if an NDA is evolved they can’t really say either way, it is strange to tweet something out like that the day before the presentation though…
Your at the same place everyone else is now. We don’t really know what it is.

Tweeting that the day before is strange, but something similar happened with Grant Kirkhope and Banjo IIRC

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Just thought of the most chaotic ending. Sakurai just tweets out the mii costumes one at a time every 10 minutes before the presentation
Only one word for such a move like that;
75081989-0E14-46A2-8D9F-E90C1DFD3CDE.jpeg

I’ll do my best to kill as much time as possible tonight.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
What was the second Sakurai tweet today? I only saw the first one.
Basically he tweeted out a final reminder for the presentation, one in Japanese and one in English. However only the Japanese tweet contains an extra bit from him saying that people may not know the character, which has people hard speculating that it's not a Japanese character or someone lesser-known overall.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I’m off to bed. One final sleep before the end of Smash Ultimate. It’s been so much fun following this game from its announcement all the way to the very end. I’m not as active as some of you other guys, but I’ve really enjoyed my time on this board.

I can’t wait to finally play Ultimate with its complete roster. I love this game so much & I’m going to continue loving it for years to come.

Let’s hope this game ends with a bang, something that excites as many people as possible. Goodnight everybody & good luck!

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord

And so it begins! The end of our times draws closer. In the far future, people will talk about a game that made the impossible possible. An unrepeatable event that will mark the franchise forever. A time of big slaughter but also great rejoice. As this chapter ends, its time to reminiscence, time to be happy, time to be sad, time to make the last minute predictions. And to enjoy this last chance together before the reveal. I would like to thank you all for allowing me to be part of this cycle of smash speculation. I am really happy to have been able to share all these glorious moments together. So, here is a little cheers for the good and the bad, the ugly and the pretty, the cool and the annoying and to everyone who blessed me with an interaction and/or like. I have been really lucky to have met all of you!

And so, the finally countdown begins. After, this is all over, I will check how it all ended up on. I wish you luck and hope that your MW gets in. Then, I will move to speculate to NASB and see where it takes me. Wish me luck! Oh! And I would like to add Master Chief, Crash Bandicoot and Phoenix Wright to my list of guesses. The rest remains the same. And sorry if I dont interact much currently. I want to avoid spoilers so I am not currently reading anything.

kylexv

Smash Master
Pic of the Day:

Well, this is the last Pic of the Day we're getting before the final character reveal. Pics of the Day were fun to see back in Smash 4, so I'm glad Sakurai decided to do this again during Ultimate's DLC period. Also, this is likely the last pic I'll be posting if Sakurai continues to post pics afters tonight.

And with that, I'll see you all on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom