• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Inappropriate Content Removed
Ruined Highway: "I have no idea what he's talking about. This is a bange-"
Theme of Zero: "OK I dunno why they almost immediately abandoned the main melody but it's not that ba-"
Chill Penguin: "AAAAAH MY EARS!!! How did anyone think that synth at the beginning sounded good?"
Launch Octopus: "Look at how they massacred my bass...and the rest of it. Why is it all synths?"
Armoured Armadillo: "OK this is getting stupid. This is like the epitome of why I dislike Mega Man's transition to synth instead of hard rock/metal"
Yeah, but then you get to Storm Eagle and it's like "This was all worth it."

The whole series has a masterclass of music (hell they did damn symphony of it recently) and Smash doesn't scratch the surface of it.
Eh...they've got Rooftop Run and Live & Learn...I'm good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But enough of the negativity, here are my favorite tracks from each DLC character:
  • Piranha Plant: Wait you didn't come with music.
  • Joker: Aria of the Soul.
  • Hero: I-erm, hmm...
  • Banjo & Kazooie: Uuuuuuuh...Gun to my head, Gobi's Valley.
  • Terry: Psycho Soldier Theme (Overseas Version).
  • Byleth: The Edge of Dawn (Seasons of Warfare).
  • Min Min: Um...ARMS Grand Prix Final Battle? It's sooo hard to decide.
  • Steve: Halland/Dalarna
  • Sephiroth: I think Advent: One Winged Angel
  • Pyra/Mythra: I think I'm gonna have to give it to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Medley since I'm not as big a fan of things like You Will Recall Our Names, the area themes are amazing, and they didn't butcher any of them.
  • Kazuya: Kazuya Mishima, Devil Kazuya
Off the top of my head, Jin Kazama Theme, 11th Street, I like the Banjo Kazooie Main theme remix, especially the trap drum. Advent One Winged Angel, [REDACTED] for Min-Min. XC2 Medley is cool too.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The other problem with WarioWare remixes is that because of the style of game it is, a lot of the musical bits are very short and strung together between jingles and microgames to create a seamless flow. It works really well in action, and Smash could likely emulate the same thing, but for a game like Smash it works much better if you use long tracks like character themes (which they have with Mike's Song, Ashley's Song, Mona's Pizza, etc) or mixes of the most iconic tracks like the medley from Brawl.

There are some tracks from Get It Together I'd like to see next game (since tomorrow's character is not likely a WarioWare member), but Wario's problem is that it doesn't remix anything from Wario LAND styled games, not necessarily WarioWARE.

Paraster

Smash Lord
My very first post was...
Quote is by far my number one choice for a newcomer. Not only because I love Cave Story and think Quote's arsenal could make a really good moveset, but also because I feel Quote would hold some great symbolic value.

Nintendo seems to be easing into indie representation for Smash with Commander Video appearing as a trophy in Smash 4, while Shantae appears in Ultimate as a spirit and Shovel Knight is in as an assist trophy. I am convinced that the idea of adding an indie fighter has at least crossed Nintendo's mind, and if they do so, who better than the main character of a game with significant history on Nintendo platforms that is also a significant early landmark for indie games?

I did some work at coming up with a moveset for Quote and some other things that would accompany him. Most of this I came up with on my own, though I did use Mega Man's moveset as a baseline when I began (this became much less prominent as I went, especially as I eventually decided to incorporate every weapon Quote can get, though you'll likely see a few remnants of this), and this article inspired some of the cosmetic elements. (Note that I opted not to include the leveling system as an element of Quote's moveset for the sake of simplicity.)

Attacks
(All weapons, unless otherwise stated, are at Lv. 3--with the exception of the Blade, which is at Lv. 2 when used as a melee weapon.)
Neutral attack - Quote shoots the Polar Star, similarly to Mega Man's equivalent attack.
Forward tilt - Quote shoots the Polar Star, similarly to Mega Man's equivalent attack.
Up tilt - Quote shoots the Polar Star upward.
Down tilt - Quote swings the Polar Star to hit opponents with it.
Dash attack - Quote releases the Whimsical Star, which is launched forward before flying back to Quote, as he darts forward.
Forward smash - Quote shoots the Missile Launcher forward. Its level increases with charge time.
Up smash - Quote throws the Blade upward. Its level increases with charge time.
Down smash - Quote shoots the Fireball forward, then backward in quick succession. The Fireball's level increases with charge time.
Neutral aerial - Quote shoots the Polar Star, similarly to Mega Man's equivalent attack.
Forward aerial - Quote shoots the Machine Gun forward.
Back aerial - Quote shoots the Machine Gun backward.
Up aerial - Quote shoots the Machine Gun upward.
Down aerial - Quote shoots the Machine Gun downward. He is pushed upward slightly during the attack.
Grab - Quote uses the Tow Rope as a tether.
Pummel - Quote shoots with the Polar Star at point-blank range.
Forward throw - Quote shoots the opponent at point-blank range with the Machine Gun, launching them forward.
Back throw - Quote throws the opponent backwards and follows up with a Machine Gun volley.
Up throw - Quote throws the opponent upward a short distance before shooting them with the Machine Gun.
Down throw - Quote smacks the opponent downward, then assaults them with the Machine Gun.
Floor attack (front) - Quote, as he gets up, swings his elbow forward.
Floor attack (back) - Quote, as he gets up, swings his elbow backward.
Floor attack (trip) - Quote swings his elbow as he gets up.
Edge attack - Quote jumps up and kicks forward.
Neutral special - Nemesis: Quote fires a shot from the Nemesis. It starts in its Lv.3 version, with the level decreasing as Quote takes damage, increasing its power.
Side special - Snake: Quote fires a shot from the Snake which can travel through solid objects.
Up special - Booster v2.0: Quote jets quickly through the air in any cardinal direction.
Down special - Bubbline: Quote creates bubbles that hover around him and act as shields. The longer you hold the attack, the more bubbles are created. When you stop holding the attack, the bubbles are launched forward as projectiles.
Final Smash - Spur: Quote takes out the Spur and launches a fully-charged blast forward.

Cosmetic elements
Side taunt - Quote threateningly swings the Blade forward; the ghost of King can be seen hovering close by.
Up taunt - Quote dons the Mimiga Mask, then takes it off. Alternatively, it could remain on him, and if he performs the taunt again, he takes it off.
Down taunt - Quote looks toward the background as a question mark appears above his head.
Victory pose 1 - Quote spins the Polar Star in his hands like a gunslinger before pointing it at the screen as his name pops up.
Victory pose 2 - Curly is present, and enthusiastically congratulates Quote (if Curly is playable as an alt model, the roles are swapped when she wins).
Victory pose 2 - Quote shoots an energy capsule hovering above him; crystals rain upon him.
Victory music - A remix of either Cave Story's "Victory" theme or its "Item Get" theme.
Color 1 - Default (red/white)
Color 2 - Easy Mode (yellow/white)
Color 3 - Hard Mode (blue/peach)
Color 4 - King-based (purple/white)
Color 5 - Curly Brace-based (red or pink/yellow) (or Curly as alt model; below colors would go to her)
Color 6 - Misery-based (green/blue)
Color 7 - Balrog-based (gray/brown)
Color 8 - Team 9-based (black/blue)
Boxing Ring title: "Soldier from the Surface" (if Curly is an alt. model, she would be "Mimiga Ally")
Series emblem: A sillhouette of the island
Misc. element - When damaged, Quote has a chance to spill out energy crystals (these are entirely cosmetic, however).

Stage ideas
Core - A series of platforms in the flooded Core room, likely with the walls, ceiling, and/or floor removed to facilitate blast zones. The Core could serve as a stage hazard/boss.
Outer Wall - Platforms shooting off from the exterior of the island, with the left blast zone covered by the wall (this would not likely be compatible with competitive play).
...is it fair to call myself the biggest Cave Story fan on this site by now?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The biggest victim of underwhelming music inclusion to me is Sonic.

The whole series has a masterclass of music (hell they did damn symphony of it recently) and Smash doesn't scratch the surface of it.

And honestly... the Donkey Kong series didn't do that much better; the only reason Sonic has it worse is the sheer multitude of games makes the latter's music absences all the more glaring.
im still pissed they shortened live and learn

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

And honestly... the Donkey Kong series didn't do that much better; the only reason Sonic has it worse is the sheer multitude of games makes the latter's music absences all the more glaring.
I'm so glad they at least snuck Studiopolis in there

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Alright, one more time. Proceed to the final Mr. Sakurai Presents video with controlled expectations. I know it is impossible at this point, but at least have a solid ground to stand on in case.
View attachment 333117
Glad to see people choosing to get hype instead.

I will ALWAYS be hype for Smash reveals because at the end of the day, it's new content for a game I like to play with my friends. It doesn't get much better than that.

**** AVOIDING DISSAPOINTMENT! I'D RATHER BE HYPE AND CONTROL MY OWN FATE THAN FOREVER BE BAH HUMBUG IN THE HOPES THAT SOMETHING PROVES ME WRONG! YOU CONTROL YOUR OWN EMOTIONS, YOU CONTROL YOUR OWN FATE!

CP11 LEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!

EDIT: Forgot children play here for a moment.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Both Sonic and Persona had this, but at the very least we got the essentials with both.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know from my point of view, i still view Smash 4 and Smash ultimate as one big game, the last piece of Smash 4 content dropped in 2016, 2018 was when Ultimate started so it's practically been a constant stream of Smash for so long.

So thinking that the long road is almost over is ****ing wild. When Smash 4 was revealed and we got Megaman, i thought it couldn't get any better for third parties, Megaman was one of my childhood icons, and now that were reaching the end of Ultimate we've ended up with most franchises i'm a fan of being in the game in some form or another, barring some i got into in the past couple years.
Crazy to think that it ends tomorrow.

Emotional ending music is go.
emotional ending music you say?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So final predictions:

3rd party

1. Yuri Lowell/Alphen
2. Pyramid Head believe it or not(if Imagination gone wild means anything)
3. Phoenix Wright

1st party

1. Porky Minch and that's it.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Remember when Alpharad and Max Dood randomly said they "knew" who the final character was?
Just for giggles, I went to Max's last stream to see what he said.

He's hoping for... and listen to this.. a new pass.
So like the final character tomorrow is like the first character of the next pass. Ik, it's weird.
But he's NOT predicting this. Get the difference lol

He starts talking about this around 8.5 minutes into his last Twitch stream.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Remember when Alpharad and Max Dood randomly said they "knew" who the final character was?

So like the final character tomorrow is like the first character of the next pass. Ik, it's weird.

you uh

got a link?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Even Max can't escape the denial.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I'm only standing by the idea that this character is a 3rd party as I said before. I don't really think Sakurai would be asking a more general audience to look forward to the announcement if it were someone like Waluigi, or anyone from a recent game.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

But isn't this the final Sakurai Presents for Ultimate? Unless of course they decide to do a pass 3 and reveal all of the characters right off the bat like other Fighting Games.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But isn't this the final Sakurai Presents for Ultimate? Unless of course they decide to do a pass 3 and reveal all of the characters right off the bat like other Fighting Games.
hmm

you have a point

didn't like SFV do a pass where they revealed everyone in one go?

not that im counting on it of course

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Not likely, but possible they can do stand alone DLC down the road, a bit like Smash 4 ... just less bells and whistles compared to FP stuff. Although admittedly this is probably the end of it all.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not likely, but possible they can do stainable DLC down the road, a bit like Smash 4 ... just less bells and whistles compared to FP stuff.
…stainable?

oh, stand-alone. Yeah currently our only individual DLC is Piranha plant

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I have a hard time believing that after 11 full blown "Hey, here's how this character works" videos, they'd just stop doing them for a theoretical 3rd pass.

Even when the character is already known the Sakurai presents are there to go over their movesets and whatnot, just revealing a handful of new characters and leaving it at that would go against everything.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

I honestly can't see that happening. The Switch is already in the latter half of its life cycle. Unless Nintendo is okay porting Ultimate to their next system, I can't imagine them going for a third season, especially when this Pass has already run way past its course due to time.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I have a hard time believing that after 11 full blown "Hey, here's how this character works" videos, they'd just stop doing them for a theoretical 3rd pass.

Even when the character is already known the Sakurai presents are there to go over their movesets and whatnot, just revealing a handful of new characters and leaving it at that would go against everything.
What if they’re echoes?

SKX31

Smash Master
Video Footage of the Final Smash Brothers Ultimate Presentation (colorized, October 5th, 2021)
Alright, one more time. Proceed to the final Mr. Sakurai Presents video with controlled expectations. I know it is impossible at this point, but at least have a solid ground to stand on in case.
WHOO

View attachment 333120

SMASH BROS FINAL CHARACTER, LET'S ****ING GOOOOOOOOO
Party time!

:roll:

I go'chu.

This truly is the end of an era.
If anything, Ultimate will continue to be played on a large scale for years to come and will most likely influence where Smash 6 goes (whether mechanics that improve on things or new mechanics alltogether, or new characters etc.).

Tomorrow is when Ultimate ends, yes. But it's also when its post-CP 11 legacy begins.

you uh

got a link?
Even Max can't escape the denial.
Here.

It's his hope. He does mention that since it's most likely the End a lot of people are going to be angry regardless of who it is. That's pretty much why he hopes there'd be more - but he accepts that it's most likely the End. He sees FP3 as a way to continue supporting the game and at least keep the hope alive.

"I'm more in it for the spectatle of the situation."

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

I guess they could go with how they did Joker and get someone else to do it. So it wouldn't techincally count as "Sakurai Presents".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom