• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynamicSmasher

Smash Cadet
I'm curious as to why Sakurai left out the part about not wanting/expecting the character for the translated version of his tweets.

This feels extremely intentional given the Western fans SHOULD be the ones to get any warnings, as seen by Nintendo always reminding Western fans that presentations only have one character in them.
Maybe they decided to let the Western fans get hyped this one time, as a treat. Maybe Sakurai just didn't feel like writing out more in a language that isn't his mother tongue. Or maybe it's someone from a game that's more obscure in Japan, as people have said.

D

Deleted member

Maybe they decided to let the Western fans get hyped this one time, as a treat. Maybe Sakurai just didn't feel like writing out more in a language that isn't his mother tongue. Or maybe it's someone from a game that's more obscure in Japan, as people have said.
Perhaps.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
First would make no sense unless it's someone who would actually be exciting for Western fans because it's clear Sakurai and Nintendo knows the fanbase. Why make them overexcited for something that might not be? I don't see them repeating a Byleth situation.

Second has never stopped him from fully translating tweets here and there, so why leave what I think is the most crucial part of the tweet?

I think it's Option 3.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
What do you guys have against people who want Sora?
I personally don't have anything because I think Sora could be hype.

I just don't think Fighter 11 is him if Sakurai warned the Japanese about the character not being who they want/expect because, well, everyone loves Sora.

If it was Sora, Sakurai wouldn't need to make this kind of warning to specifically the Japanese......or at all, really.

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice
I personally don't have anything because I think Sora could be hype.

I just don't think Fighter 11 is him if Sakurai warned the Japanese about the character not being who they want/expect because, well, everyone loves Sora.

If it was Sora, Sakurai wouldn't need to make this kind of warning to specifically the Japanese......or at all, really.
I don’t think it’s him anymore either, which is heartbreaking. I had so much hope going into it. After the tweets though, I’m guessing it’s Master Chief or Doom Guy.

It just seems like a lot of people really have disdain for Sora and the people that want him.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don’t think it’s him anymore either, which is heartbreaking. I had so much hope going into it. After the tweets though, I’m guessing it’s Master Chief or Doom Guy.

It just seems like a lot of people really have disdain for Sora and the people that want him.
The more popular a character is, the more haters they'll have.

It's just how the Internet works. Nothing unusual here.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
GTA is big in Japan…
Still possible.

How about some PlayStation titles? R&C, GoW, Sackboy, HZD, etc.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Years*

Sora's been trending for every direct of Smash Ultimate.
But he's been trending for the 10 past day NON STOP which is absolutely crazy and banana.

And which mean we are all going down a future disappointment
Damn. That's kinda impressive actually.

The meltdown that inevitably happens when it's not him is not gonna be pretty though...

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
If they are adding a western character whose game has no presence in japan, the first thing I think is either Rayman or Doomslayer.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Not related at all to the discussion at hand, but I salute you for having the best DP on this website.

Kudos to you.

At this point, I’m just ready for Ultimate to be over with.
I'm actually wondering how long they will continue to support the game after the final character is released?

Balance patches, spirit events, etc.

A year? Less? More?

Arcane Jill

Smash Apprentice
1 day to go. Wonder if it will be a more obscure character given Sakurai's tweet. Could also be a pick more known in the west given the wording. Either way, I am going to miss the speculation once tomorrow comes.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
If only I was still in undergrad, I could watch this in class... Or just skip class entirely, lol
Working from home, I conveniently have a 'meeting' in my calendar between 15:00-16:00 tomorrow. 😉

Years*

Sora's been trending for every direct of Smash Ultimate.
But he's been trending for the 10 past day NON STOP which is absolutely crazy and banana.
Its actually insane how often KH stuff trends, KH fans are like the Kpop stans of gaming lol

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Nothing really, but I'm rather sick of the leaks that involve him and I think the fact he trends on Twitter daily is a prime example of Smash Twitter setting itself up for disappointment
I think he'd be a cool addition tho
This is how I feel about Crash, Phoenix Wright, Waluigi, Chief, Sora, and Doomguy aka "The Overhyped Six." All I've been hearing since the DLC has been announced all these names, whether by people on Twitter, Reddit, this thread, or every "leak" regurgitating these names over and over and it's only made me bitter towards these characters, which sucks because I love Halo Reach, Kingdom Hearts and Ace Attorney.

Once tomorrow happens, Whether it's one of these names or someone else (hopefully 2B but if not, I hope she gets a Mii), I will just be happy that the train has finally stopped at its station and we can get off.

*Edit: Special Mention of Rayman, who continues to baffle me as to how he is popular anywhere. He's so dull. I take the piss on Crash and Waluigi but at least they have character. What does Rayman have?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom