• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Kazuya in all honesty, is so far, the ultimate irony of all characters. Like, every single DLC barring Min Min and Hero definitely had some irony attached to them, but Kazuya just caught everyone off guard. Most people thought there would be no Tekken characters because of the Heihachi Mii and Min Min, fast fowards to E3 2021, we get the Mishima least people were expecting.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have to say that in the history of Smash, there is no character I have less feeling on than Kazuya. I am completely numb on the character. Tekken makes sense to be included, Kazuya makes sense as a character from the series they'd include, and I have no dislike for the character whatsoever. That said, I have no interest in him at all either. His reveal came and went and passed over me like a void wherein you would normally put emotion.

Even the characters that I dislike... well it's still something.

I did finally pick him up when I went to grab the Sakuna spirits just because I thought that I may as well (funny that those were my priority when there was a new character I hadn't played) and have personally used him once, to get his spirit in classic.

If you really dig Kazuya, that's great. They certainly went above and beyond with his implementation. And Tekken is as good as any series to put in there. And Kazuya's visual design is neat. He's not a character I'd pass on buying. But truly, and more than any other character:

I do like that there's Tekken music in Smash now though.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I may not be a big Tekken guy but oh man if Kazuya ain't one of the most fun fighters in the entire game to play as. Every little hit is so satisfying and there's so many options! Definitely some of the most love put into a moveset ever.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Kazuya was one of those that grew on me once I got my hands on him. He's a blast to play, even if I can't use him to his fullest potential lol. Oh, and Mishima Dojo is an S tier stage.

I also missed Pyrthra day, so I'll just quickly say like they also grew on me, but to a much greater extent, to the point they're at least in my top 5 in terms of mains. They're just so fun.

Anywho, super excited to see who'll be the lucky character tomorrow

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So I dismissed any Tekken character because of that Heihachi costume, Boy was I glad to be wrong. The reveal trailer I knew immediately it was tekken, there are only so many Shirtless dudes who bridal carry characters off of a volcano, But man am I glad this series got a character. I love how Kazuya plays I love the Stage and I love the music.

So all in all Kazuya gets a 0/10 because they didn't add High School Love

Harada Appears in the background of this one Idolm@ster card

Idolmaster Rep Confirmed.
Imagine if the last fighter is literal anime.

The flames generated by rabid Smash fans would make Hell look tame.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Or with the pattern of final DLC characters: Alphen.

JRPG character
Promotional/newest character

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
It's weird, I grew up with Tekken and loved the games but for some reason I was pretty indifferent to Kazuya's inclusion. I think the reason is I personally liked the idea of most of the other potential Namco Bandai reps more than anyone in Tekken. Lloyd, Yuri, Chosen Undead, a Soulcalibur character, Klonoa (I wish), Kos-mos, The Prince, a .hack character etc. So it's not that I don't like Kazuya and Tekken, it's just I would've found the other Namco options more exciting which kinda dampened my reaction to him. He is fun to play as, the stage is okay, but the real winner of the pack is definitely the music. Such a large quantity of bops.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's Kazuya day?

Kazuya is certainly a character that is in the video game Super Smash Brothers. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch. He sure is.

I really don't have much to say about him because I'd lost most interest in Smash when he was revealed, so like N3ON N3ON I don't really have any emotions towards him. Neat that Sakurai finally got the Tekken moveset to work though I guess.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Alphen would do good.
He comes from an unrepped franchise, that just got their biggest release to date yet, and is beloved even by people who don't like Tales of games/JRPG

If it's him, he'll be fine, except in the smash community.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Alphen would do good.
He comes from an unrepped franchise, that just got their biggest release to date yet, and is beloved even by people who don't like Tales of games/JRPG

If it's him, he'll be fine, except in the smash community.
Even then I think resentment would fade over time like it did with Bayonetta. Core Smash fans probably won't like him sure, but it's not like they'll have much space to complain now that all the speculation communities are disappearing.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Even then I think resentment would fade over time like it did with Bayonetta. Core Smash fans probably won't like him sure, but it's not like they'll have much space to complain now that all the speculation communities are disappearing.
Eeeeeh.
Bayonetta's hate is still sorta strong, because she had multiple bad stuff.
Broken at release.
The whole horrible and disgusting EVO final, making smash the joke of fighting games (even more than usual)
The "She won the ballot" with the big asterix Over realizable characters
And she was released alongside Corrin.

If Alphen gets in, he wouldn't have that heavy of a baggage beside "IT'S NOT MY CHARACTER!" and "MUH ANIME SWORDMEN"

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Also his design has some purple or some shade of purple in it(I think) with his eye color.

I think the final character's background will be purple or some shade of it. It's the other color used more than once in 4 for DLC characters along with green. and the other 5 Volume 2 characters used the same color type as volume 1 with purple being unaccounted for with Volume 2.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Kazuya's probably the first character since Marth and Roy in Melee where I didn't 100% recognize the character being included.

I could tell the character was from Tekken before his splashscreen appeared and even went "Oh wow it's a tekken character!" or something along those lines after Ganondorf was dropped, But yeah I didn't know what specifically his name was.

Overall he was a whatever inclusion to me. I get why he was included and think he's fine and all, but not something I personally gave a crap about as I never got into Tekken.

Warumian

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2475-1882-3507
Kazuya is the most fun I had with the DLC so far, his inputs and combos are rewarding to learn and satisfying to use, also his stage is great too. I didn't have enough connection to Tekken besides playing some games on a PS1 emulator at school so my reaction to him was "eh, is cool", but I enjoyed the character a lot.

Shroob

Sup?
Harada continuing the ****posting.

Imagine

I-****ing-magine if all this build up and teasing on their end leads up to the dreaded Pokemon

The internet would melt even worse than it already would have.

Sakurai and Harada are poking the bees nest, hard.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I wonder if theres some sort of surprise going on here.

This feels like more than just a character. Not two characters mind you but... something.
Character and stage? Music? Miis?

Any combinations of these could be surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom