• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I don't know if I ever run into any of y'all IRL but dang I can't deny I talked to and engaged with some great people on this board.
Some of whom are my age, in college/school, others older who've enjoyed more generations of games through their lifetime, and some of whom probably have jobs, families, etc.

Stay good, y'all.
Hope we can continue talking after this is all over.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Man, I feel really glad this isn't the actual last POTD before the end, because if so, I'd be going nuts claiming how this is a hint for Porky like how the three fingers pose was for the final character.
Thinking now about how the Spirit team almost certainly stuck Porky in the Absolutely Safe Capsule as protection from Galeem's assault as a funny joke, but used the wrong sprite by mistake which triggered hundreds of fans to draw up Sakurai having some master plan for Porky as DLC three years after the game's reveal and launch.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Thinking now about how the Spirit team almost certainly stuck Porky in the Absolutely Safe Capsule as protection from Galeem's assault as a funny joke, but used the wrong sprite by mistake which triggered hundreds of fans to draw up Sakurai having some master plan for Porky as DLC three years after the game's reveal and launch.
It's what I think as well, but the idea of Porky being the final character would be one hell of an irony, and I can't help but believe the last character will bring quite the irony into a lot of fans.

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
I'm imagining the absolute anarchy that will unfold if, somehow, Goku or Geno are announced tomorrow.
A thing I thought would be funny is if after the last character is released the last batch of new spirits for Ultimate were Goku and others from Dragon ball Fighterz. Sakurai chooses not to comment on this and the fanbase is left to simmer with this situation in mind until Smash 6.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Do you guy's think on Tuesday Sakurai will announce his retirement?
He could.
Or he could announce he's done with the series and will return to the gaming scene in a few years to work on something else, too.

Who knows.

And it's midnight.. 1 more day.. and it's time to review Kazuya! Who wants to go first?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm not really a Tekken guy but Kazuya is extremely fun to use and i like his stage.

...That's it that's the review.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Kazuya was unexpected and pretty cool. Never played Tekken so I don't have much else to say other than seeing him toss the fighters off a cliff was hysterical

His playstyle doesn't exactly click with me though. He's one of the more complicated characters on the roster.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Honestly I hope to see Mii Costume Wave 11 first before the character, would add more suspense on to who the character is.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
He did? Thats great to hear! I love to see him work on reviving series like Star Fox like he did with Kid Icarus
I'd just like to see him work on something other than Smash for a change. Dude deserves a break after moving straight into Ultimate after Sm4sh concluded. That's almost a decade long development period

Dukefire

Smash Master
End the suffering early before the big reveal. Dicey, but a way to end the suspense of the unknown without adding anymore salt.

kylexv

Smash Master
Day 11: Kazuya Mishima :ultkazuya:

E3 was about to roll into town again, and everyone and their mother expected a Smash reveal to happen there, myself included. Because of how many pairs of eyes E3 attracts, most people expected some sort of big reveal, but what we got wasn’t really that. Instead, we finally got our second Bandai Namco rep: Kazuya Mishima from Tekken

To me, Kazuya was the definition of an average reveal: I had no strong feelings one way or the other toward him and his inclusion. Although I was happy for Tekken fans, this character just didn’t do anything for me. I haven’t played a Tekken game, and his moveset is a little too complicated for my tastes (more so than Ryu and Terry, who I can actually play somewhat decently with). Overall, very average inclusion with a pretty funny reveal trailer, but I will admit he’s fun to watch in tournaments.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
I'd just like to see him work on something other than Smash for a change. Dude deserves a break after moving straight into Ultimate after Sm4sh concluded. That's almost a decade long development period
I agree. I would love to see what he could do with other games.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Kazuya's great fun to play with but with how unique is attacks and physics are, you'd have to be pretty dedicated. It's not exactly an easy transition going to him. Despite that, even if you know bare-minimum the required moves he's still pretty damn good and fun to use. Great character.

But really, I don't play him anymore so the only thing that I'm interested in is his BANGER MUSIC TRACKS.
HIT IT

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Kazuya Mishima Devil Kazuya is one of the best remixes in the game and Idc what anyone says

That song IMO beautifully captures the essence of the Mishima family and its struggles, the gruesome task of defeating a family member of yours, and embracing the devil within you..

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Kazuya has never really been a Tekken character I've cared for but I am happy to see Tekken content in Smash. Mishima Dojo is a lovely looking stage with an excellent track selection. Kazuya can be a lot of fun to play but his double jump feels really weird to me.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Been doing alright, mostly working, but I'm so ready for Tuesday. I've been wanting to do the WoL Nuzlocke for like two years now, I've just been holding out until all the characters are released. Also Nick. The game I didn't know I needed until it was announced but no dora so 0/10
WoL Nuzlocke
Tougon why'd you have to bring that up and tempt me. I'm already doing a KH2 Level 1 Gold Crown 1 and a Generations Nuzlocke run of every mainline Pokémon Game (counting separate versions of one game as the same game–I'm currently redoing Yellow and Gold after I forgot to do them before continuing Black 2, which I just started) I do not need another shiny new run to distract me.
So essentially I decided to do a hardcore nuzlocke run of every mainline Pokémon game in the series, but the winning team of each game (regardless of if they lived past the end or not) would have their species line banned for subsequent games. It's made for some pretty unique teams and I'm having a good time with it. Here's the most recent run summary:

Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 5.42.17 PM.png

Those 54 Pokémon that are banned? Can't be used in the next 12 games I have to play going forward. It's already led to some kind of tight scenarios, especially with Kanto (which I have another 3 runs through gosh I love Kanto and playing through it 7 times so much).

Last edited:

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice
When Kazuya was revealed my reaction a true neutral. I was kind of just like “Huh, cool. Was wondering when Tekken would show up.” I was hyped nor disappointed.

Playing as Kazuya, I am decent with him, but he is by no means a main of mine. Normally I’m pretty decent with character’s who use raw power.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So I dismissed any Tekken character because of that Heihachi costume, Boy was I glad to be wrong. The reveal trailer I knew immediately it was tekken, there are only so many Shirtless dudes who bridal carry characters off of a volcano, But man am I glad this series got a character. I love how Kazuya plays I love the Stage and I love the music.

So all in all Kazuya gets a 0/10 because they didn't add High School Love

There was a problem fetching the tweet

A smash fan right now is seeing this as a hint and is construing what it means.
Harada Appears in the background of this one Idolm@ster card

Idolmaster Rep Confirmed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom