• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
They said the same about Brawl 13 years ago and their last character was Olimar. :239:
Thats why I specifically said I didnt mean it had to be hype, its just more of a definitive end than most of the other endings people keep bringing up. I do remember checking the Brawl dojo and being let down by Olimar since Sonic was the peak for me.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
-Next character won't be from the 2010's (Tournament theory which has been correct so far)
-Next character won't have a fire special move (same as above plus this tournament was delayed by 18 months just to include Pyra)
Nahobino fits these perfectly considering that Doi said he is supposed to be a water god and he also said that SMT V was supposed to be a 2020 game.

Figurine theory is completely wrong though. Sakurai did not say that all of the fighters in the pass have figurines.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Thats why I specifically said I didnt mean it had to be hype, its just more of a definitive end than most of the other endings people keep bringing up. I do remember checking the Brawl dojo and being let down by Olimar since Sonic was the peak for me.
Let down by Olimar? That’s funny, he was my most wanted during Brawl speculation and made my whole experience.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Speaking of the Fighting Alloy Team, it's a little strange that we've never had a fighting team that had a clone of every member on it. We've got Fighting Wire Frames, which is just Zelda and Captain Falcon, Fighting Alloy Team, which is just Mario, Zelda, Captain Falcon, and Kirby, and Fighting Mii Team, which is just Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, and Mii Gunner.

I miss when the Smash 4 background where the character select screen would change colors
Does it not in this game? Or is that just when custom balance is turned on?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm gonna be honest with you bro. I haven't picked up Smash for maybe a month, I may just be genuinely forgetting it. But the thought of it made me miss it because it was a really good aesthetic. Up there with MvC2 if you ask me.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I remember when Olimar dropped I was just happy to get a new character revealed after like two and a half months of filler content to offset the delay.

Though I also liked Olimar. Brawl just had good characters top to bottom.

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of the Fighting Alloy Team, it's a little strange that we've never had a fighting team that had a clone of every member on it. We've got Fighting Wire Frames, which is just Zelda and Captain Falcon, Fighting Alloy Team, which is just Mario, Zelda, Captain Falcon, and Kirby, and Fighting Mii Team, which is just Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, and Mii Gunner.

Pretty sure the Fighting Polygon Team from 64 mirrors the original 12.

Siggy88

Smash Apprentice
You know what I'm gonna miss?

All those video/articles proclaming that they know who the character is for each pass with no explanation.
Like those obvious clickbait titles like "NEXT SMASH CHARACTER LEAKED?!?", "NEXT CHARACTER IS...", and "MAJOR SMASH LEAK!!!". Caps locks extremely necessary.

Just type "final smash character" on youtube search right now, and just bask on the shamelessness. Some of them are only weeks apart by the same user, they just cycle like the same four characters on the thumbnail (Waluigi, Crash, Sora, and Doomguy. Dante and Lloyd were included until they got Mii'ed).

Someday, whenever I have a lot of free time, I want to make playlists for every pre-release fighter "leak" so that I can and just listen how off they mark they were.
It's probably going to destroy my recommendations page, though.

Shroob

Sup?
It's also missing the dope ass animations from 64 and the voice lines that came out of your Wiimote from Brawl.
With how long it takes to load alt colors, I'd be horrified to see the CSS have to pre-load like 200+ models.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That could only mean one thing…possible leaks, yes?
If you think we were talking leaks and not just bull****ting for the past three hours you would've seen us only talking about these leaks and not talking about the character select screen. You're isolating yourself for no reason lol

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Say next Smash we somehow get all of the characters back, again, hypothetically speaking, emphasizing the "somehow" once again. Do you think we'd have to actually separate the characters by pages, kinda like how Smash 3DS had to do it just because there were too many to fit on the screen?

FullNoboruGongenzaka.png

I wouldn't have made it this small if Smashboards stopped being so weak on filesize support but you get my gist. :nifty:

Last edited:

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman

All those video/articles proclaming that they know who the character is for each pass with no explanation.
Like those obvious clickbait titles like "NEXT SMASH CHARACTER LEAKED?!?", "NEXT CHARACTER IS...", and "MAJOR SMASH LEAK!!!". Caps locks extremely necessary.

Just type "final smash character" on youtube search right now, and just bask on the shamelessness. Some of them are only weeks apart by the same user, they just cycle like the same four characters on the thumbnail (Waluigi, Crash, Sora, and Doomguy. Dante and Lloyd were included until they got Mii'ed).

Someday, whenever I have a lot of free time, I want to make playlists for every pre-release fighter "leak" so that I can and just listen how off they mark they were.
It's probably going to destroy my recommendations page, though.
Blocked Content is going to have to finally get a real job.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Knowing how some leaks have worked in the past, the last fighter has already been leaked, but our skepticism puts us on our guard.

It could be any leak, it could have been leaked anywhere. 4Chan, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Deviantdard, [REDACTED], it Could be in this very site:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
With how long it takes to load alt colors, I'd be horrified to see the CSS have to pre-load like 200+ models.
At that point I think they'd have the sense to just use the same model and just color them manually to represent pallet swaps.

That's still roughly 146 of them, and that's not accounting for texture changes or how many Mii Fighters there are.

Warumian

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2475-1882-3507

So PapaGenos and Blocked Content are gonna be dead?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Say next Smash we somehow get all of the characters back, again, hypothetically speaking, emphasizing the "somehow" once again. Do you think we'd have to actually separate the characters by pages, kinda like how Smash 3DS had to do it just because there were too many to fit on the screen?

I wouldn't have made it this small if Smashboards stopped being so weak on filesize support but you get my gist. :nifty:
depends on the resolution of the next console

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Probably not. The splitting of the screen really only worked because each person had their own screen. I think the closest you could get on a home console is to have the screen scroll sideways.

EDIT: Which would still be problematic depending on how much scrolling was necessary.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I can't see it happening.

p1:"come on, get off screen one! my main's on screen three!"
p2:"I haven't selected my guy yet!"
p3:"uhh, where's Olimar? I thought he was in this game?"
p2:"oh, he's on screen two. one down, 8 in"
p3: "ok"
p1: "god damnit let me select Balan already"

cashregister9

Smash Hero

I'm think they might go with a scrolling menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom