• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Hey, I wouldn't mind that, partly since then a certain meme would come to pass:

By SharkLord SharkLord

I'm hyped, because no matter which character we're getting I'm pretty confident that Sakurai and co. will ensure that he / she / they're fun.

And that's honestly what matters in the end. Yeah, if you'd ask me I kinda am tempted to lean towards a bigger character (partly because I want to believe, but also since they're going all out), but I'm fully prepared for the case where it turns out to be a smaller character and they just wanted to advertise the presentation + any retrospective of Ultimate they might have prepared. Plus any future plans for support such as balance patches, official events etc.

In the end, yes, this is really openended, but even though these last 2 days might be long it's honestly going to be interesting either way.
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. Big or small, I've always been pretty content with whoever we got. I really can't be bothered to worry about getting hyped or overhyping when either way it's 99% gonna pay off anyways. I'm just gonna see what happens on Tuesday.

And yeah, being able to post the Adol Car at the very end would be one hell of a finish for my SmashBoards career. Doubly so that he says "I am speed" and in this hypothetical scenario he'd be the last one to appear...

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Oh boy, here we are over speculating again…

I’m still gonna keep my hopes low and ask for my boy.View attachment 332876
Speaking of, I just finished the first Zero game last night. Copy X phase 2 was a PAIN, but I'm glad that I can finally move onto Zero 2 now cause Zero 1 is a meh game in my opinion. My buddy tells me Zero 3 is "the best Mega Man game ever" which makes me curious if it'll dethrone X4 for me. I'm much more of an X series dude as I've beaten all games in the series and would rather have that version of Zero in Smash, but I'm open to this one as well.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
When theres only one more chance for your favorite character to get into smash.
I want one of those pictures people spread on Twitter to where it goes "There are 0 Smash characters left to look forward to let [insert series] fans be happy"

I never really liked that trend, it feels pretentious to me, although its obviously not intentional.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I couldn't imagine leaving my friend bubble/art friends' circle and exploring greater Twitter. Every glance I've taken, it's just hell. Imagine actually speculating on Smash there... yikes.
Quick story after 5 years, AOL, etc I left the net in 99 for 2 years and when I returned in 01 I joined gamefaqs where I met my wife.

Fast forward 20 years and my nieces all get smartphones for Christmas so rather than ignoring us by sitting around the computer watching flash renditions of creepypastas now they're watching YouTube channels, sharing photos of food and outfits on instatwitter or the ****in Facebook.......

This place the message board is the last bastion of internet sanctity and Smashboards is as pure as you get.

This post was inspired by Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo

Copyright © 2021 all rights reserved.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Speaking of, I just finished the first Zero game last night. Copy X phase 2 was a PAIN, but I'm glad that I can finally move onto Zero 2 now cause Zero 1 is a meh game in my opinion. My buddy tells me Zero 3 is "the best Mega Man game ever" which makes me curious if it'll dethrone X4 for me. I'm much more of an X series dude as I've beaten all games in the series and would rather have that version of Zero in Smash, but I'm open to this one as well.
As a Zero player who actually went through all the games and unlocked Ultimate mode in most games, I can't really vouch for Zero 3 being the best Mega Man ever. Just as a heads up, if you're gonna touch it, please consider you'll need to be almost a perfectionist to get all the content in that game, really.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hi, I am a random person who has lurked here for like 3 years. Anhyhoos, I am here to say that Pya/Mythra is definietly my favourite addition to smash, getting me to pick up the game again and even go to a local smash bracket. Hope the last character makes lots of people happy.
Welcome to the forums! I hope the last character makes me happy, too. I also hope it makes as many people happy as it can.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hi, I am a random person who has lurked here for like 3 years.
It's weird how 81 people who don't make an account currently watching this thread just also happen to actively watch 70 other people babble about Smash Bros. but also choose to not be involved in the conversation.

Are we like primetime entertainment or something? :cheersleo:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I can tell you MMZero 2 and 3 are far, far better in every single way.

I think Zero 2 is just as good as Zero 3, only hold back by the whole "Grind your ass for hours just for your weapons" mechanics from Zero 1 which slows the game down a lot. but was at least removed by Zero 3.

Zero 3's only weakness is how Ex Skills are still Rank-Locked (which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't by the fact that you only get 1 shot, so i reset everytime i don't get an A Rank)

Take it for me, a hardcore MMX4 enthusiast.

Also Dashing With Shoulder buttons is MUCH more comfortable than using A/Circle for my hands, i think it should always have been that way for Mega Man Dashing.

Last edited:

Aligo

Smash Ace
It's weird how 81 people who don't make an account currently watching this thread just also happen to actively watch 70 other people babble about Smash Bros. but also choose to not be involved in the conversation.

Are we like primetime entertainment or something? :cheersleo:
Yes. I believe it's because smashboards is unique in the fact that people actually like videogames here. You are'nt going to find that on any regular old internet forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom