• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm going all in, and I don't care what anyone says. I think the last reveal will be hype. This may be the last chance to get excited about Smash for a long time... Let's go.
Don't let anyone take it away from you. We're adults (mostly,) if it doesn't go our way we can handle it. In the meantime, let's enjoy this.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Was there ever a "verdict" on the crowd cheer thing? The fact that no FP2 characters so far have had crowd cheers in languages beyond English, Japanese and Korean remains. Could be problematic for any Pokémon, which are notable for having their names localised in almost every available language - but problematic enough to hinder their inclusion altogether?
I'm pretty sure it just because:
  • Min Min's name is Min Min worldwide.
  • Steve/Alex's names are also universal.
  • So is Sephiroth's (though some seem to drop the "th" and just have a "t")
  • Pyra/Mythra's only other names are Homura/Hikari.
  • Kazuya's name is always Kazuya (though Russia does add a "d" likely because of how the language works, it's still otherwise the same name).
Who even does the crowd cheers anyway? Is it even different people between regions?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Favorite trailers, eh? Sephiroth's was incredible: I was watching that reveal with my brothers at the time and we all knew who it was from the very first "BUM" 'cause we're all three huge JRPG nerds, lol. I screamed, it helped that I had just beaten FFVII early last year and adored it.

Byleth I loved because the trailer was just so fun! The poking fun at the swordsman complaints was an extra cherry on top and Sothis is just a gem of a character to have narrate it.

Min Min was wonderfully animated and was a most wanted, so heck yeah I loved it! It gave us Kirby and Captain Falcon eating ramen, what's not to love?

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Who even does the crowd cheers anyway? Is it even different people between regions?
All (?) fighters prior to FP2 also had unique crowd cheers for the Italian, Dutch, French, German, Spanish and Russian-language versions of the game. I would've assumed that they got people who actually know how to pronounce these languages for those cheers.

However, it is worth noting that previous fighters with the same name across all localisations still had unique crowd cheers for each of them. Joker, for instance, despite having the same name in all of them, has unique crowd cheers for each.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, most of us will take it well lol. I think some people will get big baby mad lol
I might get big baby sad if it's just another big baby ad, but I won't get big baby mad. Hopefully I get big baby glad if I think the character is big baby rad. But if we get some passing big baby fad, the reaction might get big baby bad.

I might have gone overboard with this. Just a big baby tad.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
All (?) fighters prior to FP2 also had unique crowd cheers for the Italian, Dutch, French, German, Spanish and Russian-language versions of the game. I would've assumed that they got people who actually know how to pronounce these languages for those cheers.
Perhaps it is them cutting the budget where they can then, but even then I don't think it's likely to affect character choice, especially if it's first party; I don't think Nintendo would say no to a Pokémon or something because they'd be forced to do a bunch of different crowd cheers.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
That audio "leak"...

I'm just trying to think of a scenario of how you'd get an audio recording on your phone but not use one of the twenty cameras on the darn things.

Absolute best case scenario, everyone's phones were checked for audio but not video but even then...
Even then, in they hypothetical situation where you were leaking audio without video, I'd leak Sakurai talking about something. It's a lot harder to fake that.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Was there ever a "verdict" on the crowd cheer thing? The fact that no FP2 characters so far have had crowd cheers in languages beyond English, Japanese and Korean remains. Could be problematic for any Pokémon, which are notable for having their names localised in almost every available language - but problematic enough to hinder their inclusion altogether?
I dunno about Korean, but Pyra and Mythra's crowd cheers were done by Japanese. You can tell by the way Mythra's name is pronounced.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Who's gonna tell 'em about Lucina x Spiderman?
We don't need to tell them. No no. We don't need to tell them. We don't need to inflate the firestarter's ego. We don't need to deal with the issue that for the most part, it's not Spiderman, just an OC insert using the Spiderman mask. Don't need to acknowledge it. Just let it fade and die eventually.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ah, to think that Smash Bros. Ultimate speculation will be over soon...

I have to ask...

What's the best character to you that could be announced in the final presentation, whether you want that character or not?

And what is the worst character to you that could be announced in the final presentation?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ah, to think that Smash Bros. Ultimate speculation will be over soon...

I have to ask...

What's the best character to you that could be announced in the final presentation, whether you want that character or not?

And what is the worst character to you that could be announced in the final presentation?
I think at this point Sora would get the biggest reaction because of how much he’s been hyped up recently.

Cinderace would get ****, but it’d be funny to me!

It doesn’t matter though. We all know it’s Gex.

Ivander

Smash Legend
See, that's what I thought would happen too.

In 2014.
Just let it fade away from memory, even if just from our memories. Let's focus on bigger things in life. Let's focus on the fact that our last Smash Ultimate character is almost here! and not also think about the increasing amount of art of Lucina in a Hooters outfit.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm going all in, and I don't care what anyone says. I think the last reveal will be hype. This may be the last chance to get excited about Smash for a long time... Let's go.
Who said it wouldn't be? Hype is subjective, you'll either pop off or you don't.

Also criminal that no one has ever made a gif of that one dude who hyped so much for Banjo he hopped in his chair and then exploded

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
That audio "leak"...

I'm just trying to think of a scenario of how you'd get an audio recording on your phone but not use one of the twenty cameras on the darn things.

Absolute best case scenario, everyone's phones were checked for audio but not video but even then...
That was a good fake leak. That guy must've work really hard to make it real. He must've record the game, edit the audio, save it, and use the phone to record the audio.

Last edited:

kirbstr

Smash Apprentice
I really don't see why people think a cinderace/pokemon character is so likely. If they were going to have a pokemon from gen 8 it would have been in FP1, not 2 years after Sword/Shield's release. Maybe it's because smash speculation has been slowly slipping away from nintendo games and moving towards the mainstream, but I feel like it's way more likely we get a Zelda, Kirby, Splatoon, or Metroid character if they are going first party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom