• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
If we put together things we know about certain companies then there’s a chance we could actually figure out the mii wave for FP11 or at least what companies might get content.

fortnite creator said no comment when asked on smash and nothings happened yet so that could potentially be a mii costume

vergeben back when his leaks were legit said Koei tecmo held talks with Nintendo and nothings really happened yet apart from a Sophia spirit which could be what he was referring to but there’s potentially a koei tecmo costume

sephiroth’s trailer gave us the sega theory which was basically sega will get content via mii costumes or a fighter so potentially one of the spots could be a sega mii costume.

we have 3 right there and don’t they usually come in groups of 4 or 5

that’s speculation though so don’t take it as concrete.

Are there any other companies that either have a solid theory backing them to get content or that the company has said no comment to for smash.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What? It's not being an intergalactic outlaw/bounty hunter gives her much time to meet people.
This text specifically does remind me of some fanart where Samus mutated because of the Metroid DNA, ADAM has an internal monologue on how much this must weigh on Samus, losing her humanity and the stress of all that and her PTSD.

Meanwhile Samus is pondering if chicks still like monster girls when checking her mutations

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Saw this in a thread and thought itd be interesting to look at it cause its pretty sound so im reposting it

Things we know about the next character;
-The Mii costumes will follow a theme related to the character they come with (happened every single time so far)
-Next character has a toy or figurine of himself of some sort (confirmed by Sakurai during Pyra's presentation that the remaining fighters had figurines of themselves)
-Next character won't be from the 2010's (Tournament theory which has been correct so far)
-Next character won't have a fire special move (same as above plus this tournament was delayed by 18 months just to include Pyra)
-Next character won't use his head for any attack at all (Tournament theory)
-Next reveal won't have wings (Tournament theory)
-Next character will have the same name everywhere (from Yoshichad's theory, we know they didn't bring back European voice actors, but now they didn't even record the crowd cheer in English for Kazuya when they did so for Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra, meaning that the last recording session didn't require an English crowd cheer for both characters).
-Any game that received a spirit event is out as they kept Byleth's game's event for the release of the character.
-Definitely not from Cuphead, Undertale or Shantae since these games received music as DLCs, and are still placed in the unrepresented franchises. Most likely these are out.

Now on the good news;
Next character can be from a franchise that already got a mii costume as, apparently, Sakurai favors following a theme over adding only costumes from the same franchise
Next character could easily be from Nintendo or a Third-party, as nothing indicates the contrary (so nothing favors one or the other)
It'll be a Boomer pick

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
If we put together things we know about certain companies then there’s a chance we could actually figure out the mii wave for FP11 or at least what companies might get content.

fortnite creator said no comment when asked on smash and nothings happened yet so that could potentially be a mii costume

vergeben back when his leaks were legit said Koei tecmo held talks with Nintendo and nothings really happened yet apart from a Sophia spirit which could be what he was referring to but there’s potentially a koei tecmo costume

sephiroth’s trailer gave us the sega theory which was basically sega will get content via mii costumes or a fighter so potentially one of the spots could be a sega mii costume.

we have 3 right there and don’t they usually come in groups of 4 or 5

that’s speculation though so don’t take it as concrete.

Are there any other companies that either have a solid theory backing them to get content or that the company has said no comment to for smash.
The Koei Techmo talks could have been just for the Byleth trailer because they helped with the cutscenes.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
No, not at all.

Why would you think that I, DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , would imply such a thing in the DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II Thread on the Child-friendly Smash Speculation Forum https://smashboards.com?? I assure you that I would never stoop to posting such low, base content on this serious website.
I mean it isn't really Rule 34, but I'm sure there's a Rule of the Internet that states that if two characters exist, there is a ship of it.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Saw this in a thread and thought itd be interesting to look at it cause its pretty sound so im reposting it

-The Mii costumes will follow a theme related to the character they come with (happened every single time so far)
-Next character has a toy or figurine of himself of some sort (confirmed by Sakurai during Pyra's presentation that the remaining fighters had figurines of themselves)
-Next character won't be from the 2010's (Tournament theory which has been correct so far)
-Next character won't have a fire special move (same as above plus this tournament was delayed by 18 months just to include Pyra)
-Next character will have the same name everywhere (from Yoshichad's theory, we know they didn't bring back European voice actors, but now they didn't even record the crowd cheer in English for Kazuya when they did so for Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra, meaning that the last recording session didn't require an English crowd cheer for both characters).
-Any game that received a spirit event is out as they kept Byleth's game's event for the release of the character.
-Definitely not from Cuphead, Undertale or Shantae since these games received music as DLCs, and are still placed in the unrepresented franchises. Most likely these are out.

Now on the good news;
The first point isn't really true. The only Mii costumes waves that follow a theme was wave 1 (Sega), wave 2 (Dragon quest), wave 4 (fighting game), wave 8 (Square enix), wave 9 (Capcom) and arguably wave 10 (fan favorites/Popular request). Wave 3, 5,6 and 7 didn't have a theme.

And even if it did follow a theme it doesn't really help speculation because we don't know that theme (unless they do like Sephiroth and show the mii before the characters but that would be a bit dumb honestly).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

-No they haven't. A lot of these "themes" are stretches at best, and some just flat out don't work.
-I don't think they said they have to have one, it's just helpful to see them in a 3D space for modeling purposes. (The strange thing about this is that it implies Sakurai does the modeling, though it could just be so he can visualize them in the game.)
-I think the results of my half joke challenge about Tournament Theory makes it pretty clear that it's bunk, as it disconfirms literally everything.
-I don't really buy into that theory since it kind of just goes off of coincidence. So far, the only characters that have been added have only had Japanese and English voice actors, or even just the Japanese ones in the case of Kazuya. I don't think this can really imply budget cuts. Even the fact that Kazuya has only one cheer could just be because his name is the same worldwide.
-Eeeeh. If we're saying that Mii Fighter costumes don't disconfirm, I'd say it would stand to reason that Spirit Events don't either. I'd still say it's much less likely, but a similar precedent is already there for something like that to happen, especially if they are from the Fighters Pass 1 era.
-Shantae got music? Anyway, I'd probably still put these in the same camp as the series that got Mii Costumes since they follow similar logic.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I have 0 confidence it's gonna be anything but a Pokemon. Nintendo wouldn't be smart enough to end an internet-breaking pick like Sora.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Oh, is it Mythra day? I'm a huge Xenoblade fan, but not a huge Xenoblade 2 fan, it's an alright game, but it has its issues. I still wanted Mythra in Smash, but at the same time dreaded Rex getting in, so I just kinda forgot about it, little did I know...

Mythra is great, love her design and character, and her moveset has a lot of the same flow that makes me like Roy and then some so she's easily slotted into my secondaries. Only wish Pneuma had been a part of her kit somewhere, easily could've been her final smash but hey, at least there's the green alt. Overall a great addition, my second favorite out of all the DLC, and fourth favorite newcomer in general.

Oh yeah, Pyra is cool (...hot?) too.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I swear on my life if a known leaker comes out tomorrow or the day of the presentation and leaves a cryptic hint towards Layton along the lines of something like “I don’t know who the last character is. It’s quite puzzling to me” then I’m gonna lose it.

I’m expecting the character to not get leaked though whoever it is
I hooe someone does that, I need a good laugh
Ah so she's ace. Got it.
Real talk, who has time for romance, ace or not. When you are constantly being hunted down by alians

Last edited:

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Was there ever a "verdict" on the crowd cheer thing? The fact that no FP2 characters so far have had crowd cheers in languages beyond English, Japanese and Korean remains. Could be problematic for any Pokémon, which are notable for having their names localised in almost every available language - but problematic enough to hinder their inclusion altogether?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom