• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Also here is Papageno's Final Smash Speculation Video, It's almost an Hour long of content and was just posted. Yes

Papagenos spend 40 min about the Sora Leak, and trying to defend it and show that it could be legit.
**** me, can we just get someone credible coming in and saying "Ya, **** no, it's not Sora."
I made my peace for more than a year now.
Why now?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
** me, can we just get someone credible coming in and saying "Ya, ** no, it's not Sora."
Why now?
Because there's a lot of ****ing idiots in this fanbase that can't temper their expectations lmao

1989gato

Smash Rookie
Famicom Detective Club 1988 game that was recently revived on Switch. Everyone was wrong i think so. I believe it's the rumor of "a character that doesn't normally fight" fits the rumors, not phoenix wright and definitely not Sora because Kingdom Hearts is already a Disney exclusive game. They already have Cloud and Sephiroth. I'm saying it now so no one is disappointed so hopefully it's true because that's actually something Sakurai likes doing is surprising his fans that way.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Famicom Detective Club 1988 game that was recently revived on Switch. Everyone was wrong i think so. I believe it's the rumor of "a character that doesn't normally fight" fits the rumors, not phoenix wright and definitely not Sora because Kingdom Hearts is already a Disney exclusive game. They already have Cloud and Sephiroth. I'm saying it now so no one is disappointed so hopefully it's true because that's actually something Sakurai likes doing is surprising his fans that way.
That "rumor" specifically mentioned they're Capcom though
Also it was confirmed fake

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
"Banned for Mods whinning/mod complaining"

You can actually get banned there for complaining about their mods on a different site, which is just, oh, perfect "heard you were talking ****" behaviour, lmao

** me, can we just get someone credible coming in and saying "Ya, ** no, it's not Sora."
Why now?
First "leak" of note since... the Master Chief one around E3? Which came and went too fast to really be capitalized on. But people are thirsty and boy is everyone making the most of it.

Even though as far as fake leaks go it's pretty unremarkable.

1989gato

Smash Rookie
That "rumor" specifically mentioned they're Capcom though
Also it was confirmed fake
Regardless i believe it's the female and male character from famicom detective club because well Sakurai is the type to wow his fans for better or the worse. Wouldn't you want to play as the chick that beats up Marth with a briefcase?

Warumian

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2475-1882-3507
My opinion of the Aegis, I didn't care about Xeno2 (but know I want to buy it), and they are very fun to use, however playing online against them is dreadful (specially Pyra).

Shroob

Sup?
Regardless i believe it's the female and male character from famicom detective club because well Sakurai is the type to wow his fans for better or the worse. Wouldn't you want to play as the chick that beats up Marth with a briefcase?
Considering the game wasn't even going to be translated by the time that FP2 was finalized, and Sakurai's reluctance to include one-region only characters, consider me not believing.

Reminder, he's gone on record to say Lucas wouldn't have made it in Brawl if he had known that Mother 3 wouldn't have been localized.

1989gato

Smash Rookie
Considering the game wasn't even going to be translated by the time that FP2 was finalized, and Sakurai's reluctance to include one-region only characters, consider me not believing.

Reminder, he's gone on record to say Lucas wouldn't have made it in Brawl if he had known that Mother 3 wouldn't have been localized.
He could just say that because of Reggie saying he was griped at by mother fans honestly this is super old. I think it's going to be an ip than no one has ever put thought into and the only one i could see it being is a recent game revived and the only one that sticks out is either Shin Ga Onishima or Famicom Detective characters

Shroob

Sup?
He could just say that because of Reggie saying he was griped at by mother fans honestly this is super old. I think it's going to be an ip than no one has ever put thought into and the only one i could see it being is a recent game revived and the only one that sticks out is either Shin Ga Onishima or Famicom Detective characters
Sakurai said that long before the "Give us Mother 3" crowd started iirc.

This is also the reason why Takamaru wasn't made playable in Smash 4, "Because the West wouldn't know who he is."

You have to remember that the 2nd FP was chosen in 2019. FDC was not planned for an international release.

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
pythra's reveal trailer was confusing but their gameplay is cool I like how theyre blatantly broken yet still fun to play

imo mythra is the fun one pyra is just psyche up

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It's kinda funny that despite how huge Kingdom Hearts is, I only ever played Chain of Memories, and the only reason I did was because my mom was like "I got you this game, it has Donald and Goofy on it!"

As you could imagine, I had no ****ing clue what was going on in the plot, why Disney and Final Fantasy were crossing over, or any other major plot detail.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
:ultpyra::ultmythra: Pyra/Mythra time it is! With all the success that the Xenoblade series has acquired since the first game and how it's grown in popularity thanks to Xenoblade 2 doing very well, I always held that the series was worthy of getting a newcomer since we had Shulk make his debut back in Smash 4. Admittedly I've still yet to beat the game (says a lot about me as a gamer - I pick up a game, sometimes sink several hours having fun but sometimes move on to other stuff in the backlog or fall to Apex addictions and assignments), but ever since the start of Smash speculation, it was always Rex & Pyra in my mind being the newcomer as part of a team character.

With the Rex Mii Costume and everything else, I thought we wouldn't see anything for Xenoblade 2 again, but nope - they proved me wrong again with Pyra/Mythra being the fighters! What a truly pleasant surprise. I like their playstyle dichotomy - Pyra (my personal preference) being a heavy-hitter and raw power, with Mythra being a combo-blitzer. Both of them have stylish specials and they complement each other well. If you ask me, Xenoblade was more than worthy of getting a newcomer, and Pyra/Mythra delivered if you ask me. I'd probably put them close to Sephiroth in terms of how I rank the overall Fighters Pass 2 at this rate.

1989gato

Smash Rookie
It's kinda funny that despite how huge Kingdom Hearts is, I only ever played Chain of Memories, and the only reason I did was because my mom was like "I got you this game, it has Donald and Goofy on it!"

As you could imagine, I had no ****ing clue what was going on in the plot, why Disney and Final Fantasy were crossing over, or any other major plot detail.
Bro you are totally not getting Sora let's just face it. Disney and smash bros. Doesn't make sense. Doomguy makes sense

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wait, for real? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, considering some of the stuff we talk about, but still, that's pretty incredible...
Well you can get banned there for complaining about certain "insiders", so either way we wouldn't stand a ****ing chance.

He's also given it as the reason Takamaru hasn't it made it yet: unfamiliarity abroad. So I wouldn't hold your breath on these kinds of characters.

That's probably the way most people stumble onto Kingdom Hearts in the west, tbh. Through the Disney aspect, I mean.

Last edited:

1989gato

Smash Rookie
I never said we were?

This is a discussion thread you know. Like, by just reading my post you should be able to deduce that I barely know anything about the series.
Yeah but come on bro it's almost like you're saying kingdom hearts characters have an advantage over an old golden nintendo ip such as famicom detective club and that's hilarious because that's like putting master chief and sora as the characters that had little to no impact on Nintendo consoles and rather other ips such as Xbox and Playstation... See, you know that matters when clearly the west had no idea of Marth and Roy and question why they were put in Smash Melee for the same reason they'd have intended to put old 1980s characters in future games. That was obviously going through Sakurais mind back when he made Melee cause there's trophies of it

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I never said we were?

This is a discussion thread you know. Like, by just reading my post you should be able to deduce that I barely know anything about the series.
Bro you are totally not getting a healthy discussion let's just face it. Smashboards and reading comprehension. Doesn't make sense. Misconstruing other people's posts makes sense

Warumian

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2475-1882-3507
I... How the **** do you even manage that? It's not THAT detailed of a leak. Like, I can understand 40 minuts talking about Grinh or CacoMallow, but a run of the mill 10 word text leak?
Crazy, but he talked about 2 other 4chan posts and some Walmart music thing, idk still doesn't make any sense.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah but come on bro it's almost like you're saying kingdom hearts characters have an advantage over an old golden nintendo ip such as famicom detective club and that's hilarious because that's like putting master chief and sora as the characters that matter when clearly Marth and Roy were put in Smash Melee for the same reason they'd have intended to put old 1980s characters in future games. That was obviously going through Sakurais mind back when he made Melee cause there's trophies of it
There's a very big difference between the characters Sakurai put in the second game in the series that only had Nintendo characters and the DLC of the fifth game in the series which has been dominated by third-parties.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah but come on bro it's almost like you're saying kingdom hearts characters have an advantage over an old golden nintendo ip such as famicom detective club and that's hilarious because that's like putting master chief and sora as the characters that matter when clearly Marth and Roy were put in Smash Melee for the same reason they'd have intended to put old 1980s characters in future games. That was obviously going through Sakurais mind back when he made Melee cause there's trophies of it
"Golden age Nintendo character" that are Japan exclusive, and were still Japan exclusive by the time that the DLC was chosen.

Remember, Marth and Roy were almost cut from Melee for the Western release because Fire Emblem wasn't a thing in the West.

Japan-only characters have a very, VERY bad track record in Smash, and get in through sheer luck.

Marth and Roy were almost cut from the West.

Lucas would have been cut had Sakurai known that M3 was never going to come here.

Takamaru was considered but dropped for Smash 4 "Because the West doesn't know him"

FDC was not planned to come to the West in 2019, when the DLC was chosen.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I know that you maybe forgot to do your daily sport, but in no way, shape, or form, Shroob even said any of that or said ANYTHING about Sora and Master Chief beside having played CoM as a kid.
Tell me your daily mental gymnastic routine please

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I hate that I have to choose between sleep and getting behind 20 pages on here. Sleep is worth it tho I slept all day now I'm at denny's then I'm gonna go finish Squid Game cause that show is awesome.

Sooooo....

Hmm...

Doooh. Imagination... Figment. :/ yeah someone posted a Pic of figment 10 pages back.... Sigh. Sora for smash

099d443d9538e71ec54752dd43fe8196.jpg

Nah jk y'all sora fans ok if he gets in yay for u but I'll admittedly unimpressed.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah but come on bro it's almost like you're saying kingdom hearts characters have an advantage over an old golden nintendo ip such as famicom detective club and that's hilarious because that's like putting master chief and sora as the characters that had little to no impact on Nintendo consoles and rather other ips such as Xbox and Playstation... See, you know that matters when clearly the west had no idea of Marth and Roy and question why they were put in Smash Melee for the same reason they'd have intended to put old 1980s characters in future games. That was obviously going through Sakurais mind back when he made Melee cause there's trophies of it
"I'll add this trophy of Ayumi Tachibana into Melee so I can add her as DLC to a Smash Bros. game 20 years from now! It's a foolproof plan!"

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Two days remain...

Up next.

My second least favorite newcomer in Smash Ultimate. I have no interest in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, it just seems very cringey to me. The game has a very mixed reaction among people too so it feels like I’m not alone.

I had speculated a lot about a Xenoblade 2 character because it “made sense”, but I didn’t actually want it to happen. It was very jarring crashing back down to Earth after the highs that Steve & Sephiroth gave me. Usually there’s a steady decrease in hype but this went from the very top to the very bottom for me. But I guess I like that they went with the girls instead of Rex; like I said with Min-Min we need some more women, I just wish it would’ve been one from Zelda.

The characters play fine but it’s not a moveset that’s appealing to me. I really hate fighting against these two, they have some really obnoxious & oppressive moves.

I actually really like the stage. It’s nice & simple so I find it fun to play on. I have to give it to XBC2, it has some banging music. The side content almost makes me like this character choice

1989gato

Smash Rookie
I know that you maybe forgot to do your daily sport, but in no way, shape, or form, Shroob even said any of that or said ANYTHING about Sora and Master Chief beside having played CoM as a kid.
Tell me your daily mental gymnastic routine please
Hey now I've been a fan for years since the first game was announced in 1997 and don't really have the idea to play video games because unfortunate whatever thats personal life. Hell i remember when this board first started thats how old i am folks so you know honestly its a matter of common sense that Disney is no where mentioned as an ip character Shroob definitely entertained the idea but yeah he didn't say . I'm more or less referring to papagenos bogus theories. He sounds like an old man with severe dementia

Shroob

Sup?
Hey now I've been a fan for years since the first game was announced in 1997 and don't really have the idea to play video games because unfortunate whatever thats personal life. Hell i remember when this board first started thats how old i am folks so you know honestly its a matter of common sense that Disney is no where mentioned as an ip character Shroob definitely entertained the idea but yeah he didn't say . I'm more or less referring to papagenos bogus theories. He sounds like an old man with severe dementia
You do realize that he's a member of these boards, right?

This is outright flaming.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

I...
Uh...
What? I'm sorry...What?
blinking-eyes-man.gif

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm glad that this thread is still flipping both birds to this dumb 4chan leak.

If he does get in, this makes it even more funny than if he doesn't and people believed it, mostly because the 4chan **** can be totally fake and we could still get Sora.

1989gato

Smash Rookie
Yeah and he's wrong so just you know Sora is not in the game it's a slimey theory at best cringe fringe just use common sense it's going to be a first party character man
You do realize that he's a member of these boards, right?

This is outright flaming.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm just trying to comprehend how you got all this from Shroob saying his mom bought him Kingdom Heats: Chain of Memories because of the Disney characters.

Are you someone's annoying alt? Because you seem like someone's annoying alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom