• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warumian

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2475-1882-3507
Well to be fair I still think the character's franchise need to have SOME history with Nintendo, but isn't KH on Nintendo platforms? the series story is a mess and basically you need to play every game, the 3ds, ds and GBA ones included.

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice
Does this guy not know the whole “Must originate from a video game” rule? Sora fits that rule. He is just owned by Disney.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm confident that the "imagination run wild" quote is indeed a hint towards the identity of the last fighter. I'm equally confident that, much like Sakurai counting in binary, it's simply too cryptic for us to guess beforehand. But that won't stop me from feeling dumb in hindsight!

1989gato

Smash Rookie
I think he's a troll, gentlemen.
Please explain why Duck Hunt was added in Smash 4 and then come back to discuss with me how the Sora theory holds so much weight from a deluded Walmart jingle he heard in his ear 👂remember now, Duck Hunt has no relatively new game to explain the inclusion of them. Samurai has never gone on to state it was Banjo Kazooies inspiration or whatever

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well to be fair I still think the character's franchise need to have SOME history with Nintendo, but isn't KH on Nintendo platforms? the series story is a mess and basically you need to play every game, the 3ds, ds and GBA ones included.
Tbh, I think as time goes on, "Nintendo connection" is less and less a big deal.

Like, Joker's claim to fame was a 3DS spinoff when he was added, yet he's very much Persona 5 focused and not said spinoff.

Tekken has like, 3 games.

And Final Fantasy 7 had never been on a Nintendo console until recently, with Cloud only making cameos in other games.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Please explain why Duck Hunt was added in Smash 4 and then come back to discuss with me how the Sors theory holds so much weight from a deluded Walmart jingle he heard in his ear 👂
I'm pretty sure the things you're doing to the English language could get you arrested in certain places.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Please explain why Duck Hunt was added in Smash 4 and then come back to discuss with me how the Sora theory holds so much weight from a deluded Walmart jingle he heard in his ear 👂remember now, Duck Hunt has no relatively new game to explain the inclusion of them. Samurai has never gone on to state it was Banjo Kazooies inspiration or whatever
Duck Hunt was the "Surprise" character, something Sakurai's said as such, which is what Piranha Plant is. Characters like ROB, Mr.G&W and Duck Hunt were meant to be the "Wait, what?" characters, per his own words.

And again, this is the discussion thread. This is a place to discuss leaks, both real and fake, if you don't like that, door's to your left.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Duck Hunt was the "Surprise" character, something Sakurai's said as such, which is what Piranha Plant is. Characters like ROB, Mr.G&W and Duck Hunt were meant to be the "Wait, what?" characters, per his own words.

And again, this is the discussion thread. This is a place to discuss leaks, both real and fake, if you don't like that, door's to your left.
To add to this, apparently Duck Hunt was chosen as the surprise character because Duck Hunt sold really well internationally and was thus well known internationally.

Duck Hunt's whole thing isn't really comparable to any Japanese only character.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So Sora can't get in because Duck Hunt isn't relevant and wasn't inspired by Banjo Kazooie.

Does that mean Sora is relevant AND inspired by Banjo Kazooie? 🤔

Shroob

Sup?
To add to this, apparently Duck Hunt was chosen as the surprise character because Duck Hunt sold really well internationally and was thus well known internationally.

Duck Hunt's whole thing isn't really comparable to any Japanese only character.
I mean, it had to have sold well, it was bundled with Mario Bros originally lol.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So Sora can't get in because Duck Hunt isn't relevant and wasn't inspired by Banjo Kazooie.

Does that mean Sora is relevant AND inspired by Banjo Kazooie? 🤔
Suddenly, Kingdom Hearts's theme of friendship makes sense.

1989gato

Smash Rookie
Warning Issued
I'm pretty sure the things you're doing to the English language could get you arrested in certain places.
Well broskie I'm from America, not communist East Stasi Germany, ahem. I'm pretty sure you're a mite yourself and at best trying to perpetrate on me ok we know I'm an old fan and you can't stand anyone debunking Sora from Kingdom Hearts being in something as a video game and we all know it's delusional to assume a jingle someone heard in Walmart. You hear jingles and jams around radios everywhere including clubs. I don't live in my parents basement but perhaps some of you do and this is your career. Mmmkay thumbs up gentleman

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well broskie I'm from America, not communist East Stasi Germany, ahem. I'm pretty sure you're a mite yourself and at best trying to perpetrate on me ok we know I'm an old fan and you can't stand anyone debunking Sora from Kingdom Hearts being in something as a video game and we all know it's delusional to assume a jingle someone heard in Walmart. You hear jingles and jams around radios everywhere including clubs. I don't live in my parents basement but perhaps some of you do and this is your career. Mmmkay thumbs up gentleman
I like you.

You're funny.

Warumian

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2475-1882-3507
Tbh, I think as time goes on, "Nintendo connection" is less and less a big deal.

Like, Joker's claim to fame was a 3DS spinoff when he was added, yet he's very much Persona 5 focused and not said spinoff.

Tekken has like, 3 games.

And Final Fantasy 7 had never been on a Nintendo console until recently, with Cloud only making cameos in other games.
I associate Joker with SMT as a whole, the classic FF games were a big part on Nintendo's NES and SNES era (that's why it was weird to me it was Cloud and not Terra) and the only one I can think breaks the rule is Tekken because it had some Wii U games and that's it (idk if it had more), and yeah, maybe the Nintendo Connection is getting gone and I wish that so I can see Nathan Drake finally be in the game (if Sony ffs wants to).

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
You do realize that he's a member of these boards, right?

This is outright flaming.
So I get this is an insult to PapaG, but I understand where this guy is coming from.

PapaG didn't start out this way, but he has turned into a channel that repeats the same dialogue and points multiple times not only within the same video, but over multiple videos. So I can understand someone comparing that to a mental disease that can put you in a similar kind of loop.

Not justifying it, but merely saying I see where it comes from.

EDIT: Holy **** this guy is wild, gonna pass on any more of this.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I associate Joker with SMT as a whole, the classic FF games were a big part on Nintendo's NES and SNES era (that's why it was weird to me it was Cloud and not Terra) and the only one I can think breaks the rule is Tekken because it had some Wii U games and that's it (idk if it had more), and yeah, maybe the Nintendo Connection is getting gone and I wish that so I can see Nathan Drake finally be in the game (if Sony ffs wants to).
Tekken also has a GBA and 3DS game.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not justifying it, but merely saying I see where it comes from.
That... really comes off a lot worse then I think you thought it would.

Not even trying to jump on ya dude, but you might want to edit that.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, that's nice but nobody else does.

Persona isn't even that similar to SMT aside from a single spin-off. It arguably draws much more heavily from Devil Summoner games.

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice
But…but…Sora is from a video game.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Duck Hunt was chosen as to make the perfect spirit battle for Donald and Goofy. /s
tbh I've seen a mockup of Sora before, and the part I liked most about it was that in his Classic route, every match had him paired up with Duck Hunt as his teammate to emulate Donald and Goofy. It was a fun little detail and one I could actually see them do if they did add Sora lol

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
That... really comes off a lot worse then I think you thought it would.

Not even trying to jump on ya dude, but you might want to edit that.
Nah, I'm good. I already explained why I understand the the logic behind the insult while clarifying that I don't approve of it being said.

Also already clarified that this guy seems off his rocker, which is has some comedy to it considering he's the one tossing out insults over age-related issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom