• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Woo hoo! Its Min Min´s day!

And the thread is basically retreading just like when it was the day of her reveal. With a "that´s cool" and then moving to something cooler, shinier and more interesting. Despite everything, it seemed like people were more excited about Captain Falcon eating noodles than her with videos covering the eating and the return of the voice actor and lots of fanart of characters eating ramen. And Min Min? Her only recognition being that she is annoying to play against.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Because he is. The only other Nintendo section is dedicated to Pokémon.

I suppose you could question why he's on the list at all since everyone they're supposed to be plausible, but eh.
Yeah bad wording on my part. I question why he's on the list (why he think he's plausible), not why he's in the Nintendo category.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Remember the freakin bird picture (I forgot what kind of bird it was) that everyone thought was a smash hint for months and a certain someone perpetuated it

see this is why I’m already looking forward to next cycle cuz I won’t have to hear of the same 3-4 randos pretending to be leakers for the sole purpose of clout

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Actually, do we have anyone who knows exactly which champions are free? I have a sneaking suspicion that they'd pick one of those since they're the only ones who new players can readily access, which means that they're a ton more likely to be (or get) familiar with them.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Actually, do we have anyone who knows exactly which champions are free? I have a sneaking suspicion that they'd pick one of those since they're the only ones who new players can readily access, which means that they're a ton more likely to be (or get) familiar with them.
I mean technically they’re all free if you grind for blue essence. You can choose one free when making a new account (among Lux, Ahri and a couple others I forgot) and for the first few level up bonuses you can pick champs to get free without Blue Essence or RP (which is the paid currency)

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Octoling
Elma
Sora
Doomguy
Crash
Cinderace
Sgt Cortez
Master Chief
Chozo Dude
Neku
Ahri

Names I see brought up by this thread's regulars. Daily. I miss anyone? Probably.... But I would be happy for any of these characters as cp11 since it's mw of one or more of you fine people. Feel free to add to this The List of MW by Smashboards DLC Speculation Vol 2 posters.

(I pick Master Chief)
add Frisk, Rayman, and Dr. Eggman

Noipoi

Howdy!
Remember the freakin bird picture (I forgot what kind of bird it was) that everyone thought was a smash hint for months and a certain someone perpetuated it

see this is why I’m already looking forward to next cycle cuz I won’t have to hear of the same 3-4 randos pretending to be leakers for the sole purpose of clout
That implies HeftyGentlemanStationedonFrost won’t return for the next cycle.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

I sheltered that in my mind, thank you for reliving me of that bird on a roof picture.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I feel more inspired choices are easily made in a game with a rodent scout firing poisonous blow darts so it’s not as much an insult to Ahri as much as the other characters are worth exploring as well
there might be but theres a delicate balance here. do you want another sword character? Because its a safe bet the smash fanbase will lose its mind. You need a character that can be a rep for a the franchise so you are going back to older heroes who inherently have more simple movesets and designs. I'd also lean humoid in design because of making character fits with preset bases is easier.

also calling her a rodent just seems weird to me. there are actual rodents in LOL.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Octoling
Elma
Sora
Doomguy
Crash
Cinderace
Sgt Cortez
Master Chief
Chozo Dude
Neku
Ahri

Names I see brought up by this thread's regulars. Daily. I miss anyone? Probably.... But I would be happy for any of these characters as cp11 since it's mw of one or more of you fine people. Feel free to add to this The List of MW by Smashboards DLC Speculation Vol 2 posters.

(I pick Master Chief)
I guess I don’t talk about the Battletoads often enough here. I’ll try to improve on that in the future.:4pacman:

Dukefire

Smash Master
If I can jog my memory, when you start with a new account. You'll be taking a tutorial first on playing MOBA game: towers, minions, gold, items, etc. Once you are done, you can select Ashe, Garon or Ahri as your first pick. Lucky, there are a few champions that are cheap for 450 blue essence, but the cost will go to 1350, 3150, 4800, 6300 for others. So, life is hard as a F2P, but events can help you speed it up a bit.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Octoling
Elma
Sora
Doomguy
Crash
Cinderace
Sgt Cortez
Master Chief
Chozo Dude
Neku
Ahri

(I pick Master Chief)
Perhaps I should start being more aggressive with my Decidueye propaganda
Like to the point it gets on everyone's nerves aggressive like I did in base game speculation :4pacman:

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
they now do a rotation 16 of the 157 are free for unranked play.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I really enjoyed Min Min. Her mechanics with her ARMS make her stand out from a huge chunk of the roster. If she makes a comeback next game, I genuinely hope she brings another character from her home game (probably Spring Man, but really, all of the fighters in ARMS are good fun).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Man

it deep down breaks my heart that Etika won’t be able to see the end of Ultimate DLC. iirc the last ones he saw before his death were Hero and Banjo

he would have been so excited over Steve, Min Min and Pyra. Probably Sephiroth and maybe even Kazuya too

did he ever play tekken on stream? I wonder

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Good list, but I would be curious why did you put Chibi robo in the Nintendo owned? No judgment but I really think that's pretty much impossible and others smaller Nintendo franchise that you didn't mentionned are more likely (like Rhythm heaven, Advance wars or even Golden sun). Honestly I don't see Nintendo picking Chibi robo after Zip lash killed the franchise.
On the grounds of him being a semi-popular fan request that's not tied up in Assist Trophies or Stages. He's not likely but it's still possible that he can climb out of Scott Wozniak's toilet bowl.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man

it deep down breaks my heart that Etika won’t be able to see the end of Ultimate DLC. iirc the last ones he saw before his death were Hero and Banjo

he would have been so excited over Steve, Min Min and Pyra. Probably Sephiroth and maybe even Kazuya too

did he ever play tekken on stream? I wonder
That just means we gotta destroy our furniture in hype for him.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
I loved Min Min's reveal trailer and I really dig her design and the ARMS music. I am not a fan of her moveset or stage however. I still wish there were actual character cameos or something else going on with that stage.

SKX31

Smash Master
Did you try it with the flicked version? Because I think that'll still hit me even at a full range zapple. Cos that is the range I try and stay at and I always have to watch out for it. And yeah, Acceleratle is good always!
Yes, I tried with the flicked version. It can be difficult to pull off in the moment, and might require prepping Zapple in anticpation for Blazing Ends - Zapple will either force Pyra to shield or get hit and take that damage - if you wanna discourage Blazing Ends that might be a good way to do it.

I was thinking trades because in most situations a Zapple vs. Blazing End situation will hit at least one of Hero / Pyra. The trade can be favorable if incredibly risky: Zapple deals practically equal damage to Blazing End, more if buffed by Oomph.

...That's a pretty nebulous metric, and it does sound a bit like you just prefer other characters, but I'm game with discussing the other options.
I mean, there are quite a few options:

• Ryze: One of the other early marketing favorites and a mage specialized in dark magic traps and warps. His lore focuses around keeping an ancient, powerful magical artifact secure - problem is, the other related artifacts have begun to stir and he can't rest easy considering that.
  • Renekton: The game's resident crocodile tank. In-lore he's a mummy / war vet who went nuts over betrayal within the ranks, and his gameplay reflects a croc who's ****ing nuts.
  • Lux: The game's resident Holy user. An optimistic lady who's determined to protect her homeland, she uses barriers, slows and pure energy to harass and damage her foes.
  • Draven: Meme Heihachi the character. His entire schtick is having an ego the size of Jupiter and gaining Adoration by throwing and catching his axes, then cashing out the Adoration points with some stylish kill confirm.

Here's where I shill Dota 2 since all playable characters are free.

Just don't be surprised when you're hit by a giant arrow coming from off screen (which also stuns for four seconds) and wonder WTF just happened. Dota 2's the kind of game which embraced that sort of thing. :roll:

Nah but seriously, LoL's champion rotation switches quite often but allows some leeway. I'm not entirely keen on that, but it allows you to get the champions you like and focus on them. It's a contributing reason why Ahri's popular - she's relatively simple to play but can make some interesting stuff happen each game, so a lot of people get her. I've seen similar things happen in Dota 2, where characters that play similar to her are decently popular at least.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Octoling
Elma
Sora
Doomguy
Crash
Cinderace
Sgt Cortez
Master Chief
Chozo Dude
Neku
Ahri

(I pick Master Chief)
I think Isaac, Nahobino and Waluigi will be the ones I will remember for over exposition. (Isaac is a MW though and I like the other two). I will mainly remember them, from the bad and forced narratives from certain people that always tried to push them forward regardless of context, timing or sense to the point of annoyance. And always accompanied with a lack of sense of irony and ready to insult both characters and people for daring to disagree with them.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Lux: The game's resident Holy user. An optimistic lady who's determined to protect her homeland, she uses barriers, slows and pure energy to harass and damage her foes.
The only reason i don't want Lux is i do NOT want a Palutena 2.0. If Lux plays significantly differently i would be fine with her inclusion.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Octoling
Elma
Sora
Doomguy
Crash
Cinderace
Sgt Cortez
Master Chief
Chozo Dude
Neku
Frisk
Rayman
Dr. Eggman
Battletoads
Decidueye
Nahobino
Waluigi

(I pick Master Chief)
He is talked about a lot more in other communities for some reason, but I think Phoenix Wright should be added. He is still brought up a decent amount here though.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I can't believe Spider-Man got leaked for Smash :4pacman:
(I'm pretty sure the tweet is referencing some kind of Spider-Man PS4 leak but it was made by a professional Smash player)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Here's the thing with Ahri
For people who wouldn't think right away "Oh she's from LoL" because they've never seen her before, I think showing off Summoner's Rift would help people realize what game Smash is crossing over with. I think the Summoner's Rift layout and design is very iconic.
How dare you snipe this topic from me! I'm kidding by the way.

Yeah Summoner's Rift could be one of the coolest large stages with platforms making three horizontal lanes, each designed to interact with each other, grass that can make players "invisible", and towers on each side that summon weak little minions to harass players every once in a while. They could even have functionality with team games and have the minions be loyal to a specific team.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
The Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II MW Character List

Octoling
Elma
Sora
Doomguy
Crash
Cinderace
Sgt Cortez
Master Chief
Chozo Dude
Neku
Frisk
Rayman
Dr. Eggman
Battletoads
Decidueye
Nahobino
Waluigi
Isaac
Phoenix Wright
Fulgore
Ezio
Tracer
Kratos
Gordon Freeman
King Boo
Scorpion
Reimu
Bill Rizer

Anyone I've missed?

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
How dare you snipe this topic from me! I'm kidding by the way.

Yeah Summoner's Rift could be one of the coolest large stages with platforms making three horizontal lanes, each designed to interact with each other, grass that can make players "invisible", and towers on each side that summon weak little minions to harass players every once in a while. They could even have functionality with team games and have the minions be loyal to a specific team.
As someone who's only played exactly 5 games of League (as Ezreal, too), I still find this stage concept very interesting. Stage Hazard count would be off the charts be tho lol

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’ve got a list of favorites that I bring up from time to time like Zegram, Magus, Illidan, Kerrigan, Gengar, Fulgore and others but I try not to overdo it because I don’t want to annoy people and have the opposite intended affect.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Min-Min turned out to be the biggest surprise for me. I went from expecting but not caring about Spring Man at the start of Ultimate, to being pleased that an ARMS rep was coming later on, but hoping for someone other than Min-Min, to enjoying Min-Min more than a lot of the roster when she released. Though I'm definitely happy with her, I still believe Lola Pop would have broken into my top 5 newcomers if she won in the end.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I’ve got a list of favorites that I bring up from time to time like Zegram, Magus, Illidan, Kerrigan, Fulgore and others but I try not to overdo it because I don’t want to annoy people and have the opposite intended affect.
Fulgore! yes I will add. I also agree that the effects of negativity definitely clouded my memory. I mean how would I forget Waluigi or Nahobino? Duh.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I honestly don't get the appeal of Sora.

His design, voice, personality especially the whole "Friendship is my powah!!!!" is just ugh...Comes across as some fangirls gary-stu of a character, also factoring in Kingdom Hearts basically being crossover fanfiction in the form of a video game with poor writing and the premise being just the re-tellings of Disney films with Final Fantasy thrown in.

That's just me though, nothing against anyone whose a fan. I just don't understand.
I mean the biggest selling point of Smash to most people is having "the Wacky Italian Stereotype whose hundreds of titles tell the same vaguely-misogynistic story over and over again" and "the Marketable Merch Mouse from the franchise that's only different from legalized cockfighting because of 'power of friendship' loopholes" battle it out. Trying to make it seem like Kingdom Hearts is at all worse than either of those just seems like a case of why those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I can't believe Spider-Man got leaked for Smash :4pacman:
(I'm pretty sure the tweet is referencing some kind of Spider-Man PS4 leak but it was made by a professional Smash player)
Watcha mean we had a trailer of a beloved Japanese property with Spider Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom