• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think the problem with them is that Pyra/Mythra were designed to be provocative looking on purpose. I heard that the character designer of Pyra and Mythra is a hentai artist. Shirtless doesn't always mean sexy. For example, the Zero Suit Samus alt.
I -erm...Zero Suit Samus is not shirtless.

I mean I guess she is by the strictest definition, but she's wearing a top.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I find it hilarious that Bayonetta and Pyra were the totems of "too hot for Smash" for ages and they just, happened.

Besides Mai (who was specifically called out by Sakurai) who else is "too hot for Smash?" They might just end up being number 11.

First that comes to mind is Saber, because the first Fate/Stay Night was THAT kind of visual novel before the series bleached its underpants.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I think the problem with them is that Pyra/Mythra were designed to be provocative looking on purpose. I heard that the character designer of Pyra and Mythra is a hentai artist. Shirtless doesn't always mean sexy. For example, the Zero Suit Samus alt.
But at the same time, Rex would’ve made the roster if it weren’t for Hardware Limitations, so yeah. Still, that said Hentai Artist is also Female so…… eh? Xenoblade is weird lmao.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Short shorts
Sports bra
Abs?

Ah yeah, I do like me a sporty-lookin' girl who could kick my butt.

Wait, where are you taking me? No, noooo I don't wanna be banned plzzzzzzzzz
Yea. They are sports wear not skimpy tight outfits. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For me personally?

I don't like Edelgard because I find the game (and the fandom) excuses her bad behavior too much.

Ridley and Sephiroth are inarguably evil, but they're portrayed as evil. No one is gonna try to justify their actions. We love to hate them and see them lose. The game doesn't want us to cheer them on.

Edelgard gets away with crimes I feel she shouldn't get away with and doesn't even feel guilty for committing them. I find her to be a nice morally gray villain, but a trash tier hero. Cheering her on is very hard for me.

Some aspects of morality shouldn't be compromised imo.

That's just my two cents.
I've always been of the mind that people can like or dislike a character for whatever reason they want. It boils down to preference and opinions, doesn't it?

I wish I could speak more to the narrative context, and I should be able to, having played the three main routes. But I mostly just let the story happen and rushed back to the cafeteria so I could eat with Felix and Shamir.

"Oh what, we're going against the church now? Ok. As long as it doesn't interrupt my Fistful of Fish event."

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Hey Resetera called, they want their take back
No not just yet, they're still deeply saddened by Mr Sakurai making a rude implication by showing Rodin in front of Mario whilst he's using FLUDD, trying to use his version of Bayo's After Burner Kick IIRC, can't remember exactly since I can't find the original image for whatever reason. Definitely a reference to Mario Sunshine nonetheless tho.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Dude, from game 1 Zero Suit and her alternate forms were designed as fanservice rewards for playing Metroid well lol.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think we should change the topic, lest we all get banned 5 days before the end.

Has anyone listened in on the Japanese speculation scene? What characters are they angling for?

Because I don't think it's Doomguy

Last edited:

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I didn't get them.

I straight up had my Byleth S-Supprt Dedue because he deserved all the love.

My mind got blown from it.
The endings I ended up getting:
-Byleth/Mercedes
-Dimitri/Dedue
-Sylvain/Ingrid
-Felix/Annette
-Ashe/Marianne
-Caspar/Hilda
-Seteth/Flayn
-Gilbert alone lol

Really liked a lot of these endings and I'm glad I got them. \I've since read up on some of the others. Dimitri/Marianne, Ashe/Dedue, and Sylvain/Felix were also all good.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think we should change the topic, lest we all get banned 5 days before the end.

Has anyone listened in on the Japanese speculation scene? What characters are they angling for?
I think the language barrier is too hard to cross for most of us tbh.

I know stuff like Touhou and Fate are more popular on Japanese image boards than they are here for obv reasons, but that's about the extent of my knowledge.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

That’d be pretty funny though not gonna lie. Like, we’ve made it all this time only to eat **** at the end and die. I’d chuckle.

But seriously, I’d prefer not to have my neck snapped tonight, nor would I like to see any of y’all’ses necks get snapped, so let’s stop here.

I don’t know about Japanese spec, but I’d assume it’s the same characters as usual over there. Do we even have a person who looks at that side of spec? We used to have Push pop in for that, but he’s off being successful now so I don’t think there’s anyone who really focuses on that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom