• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Joker's reveal is being celebrated by the Smash Bros JP Twitter. I can't believe it's been nearly 3 years since his reveal.
Will never forget how I decided to stop watching TGA and go to sleep roughly five minutes before the Joker reveal.

I was confused as **** seeing the trailer in my feed the next morning, lemme tell ya.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
You know, I've been thinking. The final fighter might be Frisk from Undertale because not only we didn't get Undertale spirits yet, but also a lot of things:
Undertale turned 6 this month
Deltarune chapter 2 came out 2 weeks ago and a week later, the console port came out
The sale for Undertale ends at October 11
Fits the no voice theory and the color theory

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Unfortunately true. I’m starting to think that the western Smash fan base’s adoration for more western characters (especially Banjo) and hatred of “anime” characters is rooted in racism towards Japan. Do they forget who directs, develops, and publishes the ****ing games? Oh yeah, A JAPANESE MAN AND SEVERAL JAPANESE COMPANIES!
Or maybe it’s because people are inherently self-centered and people here, from the Western fanbase, will have a higher likelihood of having interacted with and liking Western characters instead of anime-esque characters?

I don’t think someone not liking Fire Emblem or Xenoblade means they’re going to go off about Asians being inferior or anything like that, and it’s ridiculous to think so.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don’t even care anymore. I hope whoever the next character is will make the fan base explode in rage. It’s clear that no one deserves nice things anymore. I’m so fed up with this stupid discourse that I want everything to burn.
Whoa, take it easy, man, it’s just a game

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I don’t even care anymore. I hope whoever the next character is will make the fan base explode in rage. It’s clear that no one deserves nice things anymore. I’m so fed up with this stupid discourse that I want everything to burn.

There’s being petty, and then there’s this. As a petty ***** myself I don’t know whether I should be appalled, impressed, or a little bit of both.

Last edited:

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Little late with my daily post because of work but it's Byleth day and I have OPINIONS..... that are all in favor of their inclusion :) Long post incoming.

BYLETH:
Oh Byleth. I watched this reveal live on a giant lounge TV at college with some friends since we all didn't have classes until later. One of the people with me was my best friend, and let it be known that Fire Emblem is one of his favorite game series of all time. He knew during the first frame of the trailer from the clouds alone and the pop off was legendary. At the time I was just more dumbfounded than anything because I really didn't expect another FE character. I dug what I saw in the presentation but I didn't really have a huge attachment. They came out and I had fun playing as them but they didn't leave too much of a lasting impression.

And then a little over a month ago I started Three Houses, my first Fire Emblem game. I just beat it (or at least one route) a bit ago. And let me tell y'all I fell in love. I did Blue Lions and I loved the characters, the story, the music, and the gameplay, both the combat and monastery life. I know some weren't big fans of the latter but I loved getting to know the school and the characters. I cried at few points, including one of the paired endings I got. I really fell in love with these characters. Byleth's lack of emotion was so pronounced and referenced in the game I actually grew to love that aspect of the character. Plus some of the dialogue options do allow for some funny personalization. I'll definitely be playing the other routes at some point in the future, but man this first run was magical. Blue Lions for life!

With all this in mind, I revisited Byleth in Smash and it was like experiencing a character reveal all over again. Byleth wasn't just another character on the select screen, they were Byleth now, if you know what I mean. Garreg Mach wasn't just another stage, it was the place where I spent so many hours talking to characters, gaining support points, and just vibing. Getting to see Dimitri and Dedue, two of my favorite characters is also a treat. And the music, oh god the music. It's so good. I feel like even people who don't like Byleth in Smash at least have to give them that. My personal favorite is Apex of the World. It's the final boss music in Blue Lions (also Crimson Flower apparently), and by god it just really stirs up those emotions and memories of that final map. On top of all this I find Byleth fun to play. Having a whip sword is fun and the relics are all so satisfying to land.

Byleth was one of those characters that I liked well enough to one of my favorite additions in Ultimate. Funny that, all it took was me actually playing their game to really appreciate them. That's the beauty of Smash, introducing you to magical new gaming experiences. Smash has done that so much for me and I hope it continues to do so in the future. And as an aside, I'm ready to be burned at the stake because by god I think I need MORE Three Houses in Smash. I need my boy Dimitri.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
Everyone in the Smash fan base acts so entitled and petty. It’s so frustrating that I just want everything to END.
But I guess I’m not exactly helping matters with my own rage. Fighting fire with fire only makes things hotter. Y’all have fun with your mud slinging. I’ll just try to focus on playing the damn game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This seems a lot deeper than Smash Bros.

I'd take a moment to just take a break. Do something you like to calm you down and come back later with a clear head.

Wanting everyone else to suffer is a cry for help.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
The jiggle for Pyra and Mythra was unnecessary but having big boobs isn't... bad? Big boobs exist in real life.

Pyra and Mythra are I guess more attractive and fanservice-y than, I don't know, Min Min? but I also think part of the problem comes from some folks that can't go around the internet without causing a scene or being instantly and absurdly horny each time they see a fictional female character showing even the slightest amount of skin.

I remember when P&M were revealed that a significant amount of reactions were just like "booba girls" and similar things. If anything I think the problem lies with the folks that see Pyra and Mythra and just see "booba" and think the characters don't have anything else to offer, and this goes to both fans and detractors of P&M.

Not to say, it also kinda weirded me out because before P&M we got Sephiroth, who had a lot of people simping for him, partly thanks to his shirtless alt. Then we got Pyra and Mythra, and suddenly things went like "Smash is crossing out the line, these characters are just waifu bait". I don't know, that whole thing didn't sit right for me back then.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
For me personally?

I don't like Edelgard because I find the game (and the fandom) excuses her bad behavior too much.

Ridley and Sephiroth are inarguably evil, but they're portrayed as evil. No one is gonna try to justify their actions. We love to hate them and see them lose. The game doesn't want us to cheer them on.

Edelgard gets away with crimes I feel she shouldn't get away with and doesn't even feel guilty for committing them. I find her to be a nice morally gray villain, but a trash tier hero. Cheering her on is very hard for me.

Some aspects of morality shouldn't be compromised imo.

That's just my two cents.
I Mostly dont like her because her fanbase jumps throgh so many hoops just to convence me she isnt that bad.

When all you need to do is look at Claude because all he wanted was everyone to get along. Hes the real good guy
Damn it, why isnt he romanceable as male byleth

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Everyone in the Smash fan base acts so entitled and petty. It’s so frustrating that I just want everything to END.
But I guess I’m not exactly helping matters with my own rage. Fighting fire with fire only makes things hotter. Y’all have fun with your mud slinging. I’ll just try to focus on playing the damn game.
I mean

You were the one who came into the pretty civil discussion and claiming racism of all things.

It's not Twitter o'Clock right now.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Whelp...This makes 9 whole pages of Byleth discourse and the conversations directly caused by it.

At least we made it until noon. That makes about 3 whole hours with Byleth on the brain without argument.

Just ignore the fact that that means we've been arguing about him for about 7.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The jiggle for Pyra and Mythra was unnecessary but having big boobs isn't... bad? Big boobs exist in real life.

Pyra and Mythra are I guess more attractive and fanservice-y than, I don't know, Min Min? but I also think part of the problem comes from some folks that can't go around the internet without causing a scene or being instantly and absurdly horny each time they see a fictional female character showing even the slightest amount of skin.

I remember when P&M were revealed that a significant amount of reactions were just like "booba girls" and similar things. If anything I think the problem lies with the folks that see Pyra and Mythra and just see "booba" and think the characters don't have anything else to offer, and this goes to both fans and detractors of P&M.

Not to say, it also kinda weirded me out because before P&M we got Sephiroth, who had a lot of people simping for him, partly thanks to his shirtless alt. Then we got Pyra and Mythra, and suddenly things went like "Smash is crossing out the line, these characters are just waifu bait". I don't know, that whole thing didn't sit right for me back then.
That's one thing that personally irks me.

The sexualization of one gender being treated as okay, but not the other. It really isn't empowering. It actively takes power away from a gender.

Really we should all be horny together. :4pacman: Be honest with our selves, our insecurities and accept that people being attracted to different things are okay.

Keep in mind, this is all assuming all parties involved are consenting adult humans.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman

I think the problem with them is that Pyra/Mythra were designed to be provocative looking on purpose. I heard that the character designer of Pyra and Mythra is a hentai artist. Shirtless doesn't always mean sexy. For example, the Zero Suit Samus alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom