• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
One thing I’ll say about Gamecube controller support is that the modern GC controller adapters use standard USB connections. If the next Smash is on a console that has USB ports, adding GC controller support will be relatively easy.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Banjo's moveset feels fine to me TBH.

I don't really know how else you'd make them. 3D platformer movesets are meant to be simple, so it makes sense translating that to a Smash moveset would be similar.
Plus, the duo's simplicity is, from what I've heard on TVTropes, meant to mimic the simplicity of Melee's newcomers (since Banjo-Kazooie could have been a shoe-in for Melee).

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
Hold the phone.

There's Banjo hate now?

BANJO HATE?

Holy crap, I still remember the absurd amounts of hype behind him just 2 years ago. Everyone and their dogs had him as their number 1 most wanted.
Every list on youtube would end up like ".. and 1#... Banjo! Such an important character yada yada yada".

And now there's hate?

In the inverse thought, I remember the amount of salt produced when Byleth made it, and now you search "Smash Tournament" on youtube and he's/she's consistently in them.

Interesting.... Interesting indeed.
People literally spammed Sakurai's twitter account with the most childish of hate because he wasn't putting Ridley into Smash.

Now nobody seems to even remember that he's on the roster.

The most vocal of Smash fans are, like every other fandom, the worst Smash fans. I try to ignore them, which makes coming onto this site like swimming in shark infested waters. I guess I'm something of a masochist in that way.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
On GCN future support:

Seeing as Nintendo's plan seems to be building NSO as their main platform for retro content, I imagine updated, wireless GCN controllers will come eventually when they get around to adding GCN to NSO.

In 30 more years. :-)
[SCREAMS INTERNALLY]

real talk wireless GC controllers would be sick

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Allllllrighty then - so here's that tracklist I mentioned a few hours ago.

As I had mentioned, sometime ago, I did a tracklist for Opa-Opa that had a "general SEGA" theme going for it - but it only pulled from IP that debuted either in the arcades or in consoles before Sonic did. But today, I present to you a second version of this concept. And this time, I'm going unhinged. This time, all of SEGA is on the table. This whole shebang is about to come to an end, so I thought I'd do one last Cool Thing for y'all.

So to better accomodate the much wider variety of IP on the table, I set a rule for myself - when it came to the non-Fantasy Zone tracks, I could only include one track per IP. The one exception to this is Phantasy Star, cause I really did feel like it was that important to have both classic PS and PSO represented.

So then I was planning on making it a nice 50 tracks. Y'know, same number as Terry's! But you see, here's the thing:

I have zero self-control.

So as I realized I couldn't fit all the tracks I wanted in, I started stretching the track amount, until it reached a total of 70 ****ing tracks.

So any semblance of realism this whole idea might have still had has now been completely and utterly shattered. This has become less of a fan Challenger Pack tracklist and more of an exercise in shilling SEGA music. I have clearly gone way too overboard, but you know what? **** it. Making a 70-track list of SEGA music keeping it to mostly 1 track per IP besides Fantasy Zone and Phantasy Star is an achievement in itself. This **** is gonna end up on my resume. This is my goddamn magnum opus. And as such, despite the fact that I'll still stick around after all this is over, I'm still treating this as a "parting gift" of sorts. And if the crazy amount of tracks wasn't enough, I also wrote some notes on why I included said tracks.

So without further ado, here is digital proof that I have officially lost my mind:
Bold means new remix
  1. Opa-Opa! - Fantasy Zone
  2. Keep on the Beat - Fantasy Zone
  3. Dreaming Tomorrow - Fantasy Zone
  4. Ya-Da-Yo - Fantasy Zone
  5. Cholacoray - Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa
  6. Opa-Marimba - Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa
  7. Fly High - Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa
  8. Cosmic Dance - Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa
  9. Victory Way/Flow My Tears - Fantasy Zone/Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa
  10. Mango! - Super Fantasy Zone
  11. Ya-Da-Ne - Super Fantasy Zone
  12. Endless Love (Link Loop Land) - Fantasy Zone II W
  13. Hey Hey Why - Fantasy Zone (SEGA AGES Saturn port)
  14. Space Harrier Theme
  15. Sprinter - Super Hang-On
  16. Quartet Theme - Quartet
  17. Main Theme - Enduro Racer
  18. Magical Sound Shower - OutRun
  19. Main Theme - Alex Kidd in Miracle World
  20. System Down - SDI
  21. Thunder Blade Medley (Thunder Blade/Burning Point/Round Clear)
  22. Phantasy (Opening Theme) - Phantasy Star II
  23. Opening ~The Whole New World~ - Phantasy Star Online
  24. Beyond the Galaxy - Galaxy Force
  25. Like the Wind - Power Drift
  26. Origin ~Awaken~ - Gain Ground
  27. Rise From Your Grave - Altered Beast
  28. Wilderness - Golden Axe
  29. Idaten - Shinobi III
  30. A Night in Otorii (Name Entry) - Super Monaco GP
  31. Clotho - Columns
  32. It's Been a Long Time Since We Passed Through Space Time (Puyo Puyo Chronicle ver.) - Puyo Puyo
  33. Earth Frame G - G-LOC R360
  34. Circus Battle - Shining Force
  35. Can You Become a Rent-A-Hero for Mankind's Sake? (Fighters Megamix ver.) - Rent-A-Hero
  36. Go Straight - Streets of Rage 2
  37. Replay - Virtua Racing Deluxe
  38. Arabesque Court in Dream - Monster World IV
  39. Metal Squad - Thunder Force IV
  40. Ride the Tiger - Virtua Fighter 2
  41. Empire ~ The Final Assault - Gunstar Heroes
  42. Let's Go Away - Daytona USA
  43. Arms Black Market (Saturn ver.) - Virtua Cop
  44. Flight Theme - Panzer Dragoon
  45. Desert Replay - SEGA Rally Championship (Saturn port)
  46. Armstone Town (Day) - Fighting Vipers
  47. In the Blue Sky - Cyber Troopers Virtual-ON
  48. The Sky Leading Towards the Future - Victory Goal '96
  49. Dreams Dreams - NiGHTS into Dreams...
  50. Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Group - Sakura Wars
  51. Flight in the Dark - SCUD Race
  52. AMS Agent (HotD2 ver.) - The House of the Dead
  53. Theme of Spikeout - Spikeout
  54. Angels with Burning Hearts - Burning Rangers
  55. Spaceport: Introducing Ulala!! - Space Channel 5
  56. Shenmue ~Sedge Tree~ - Shenmue
  57. Let Mom Sleep - Jet Set Radio
  58. Vyse's Theme - Skies of Arcadia
  59. Vamos a Carnaval - Samba de Amigo Ver. 2000
  60. My Mashu - Roommania #203
  61. Buggie Running Beeps 01 - Rez
  62. Segagaga March - Segagaga
  63. Jungle - Super Monkey Ball
  64. Funk Goes On - Yakuza
  65. Main Theme - The Rub Rabbits!
  66. Battlefield ~ Swords Bursting - 7th Dragon
  67. Devil's Mountain - Border Break Airburst
  68. Main Theme - Valkyria Chronicles
  69. Phantom R's Theme - Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure
  70. SEGA Saturn, Shiro! (Theme of Segata Sanshiro)
NOTES:
-yes i know outride a crisis is the more iconic track from super hang-on but sprinter is my favorite ok let me add at least one bias pick
-I honestly have no idea why I didn't add any Thunder Blade music to my original tracklist. My brain keeps allowing Thunder Blade erasure and I feel bad about that
-A Night in Otorii might be a weird pick, but I think Blind Spot's vocal remix of the track is a great example of how you could turn this pretty nice but short tune into an absolute groove
-After Burner's in kind of an interesting situation here cause its main theme....is already in Smash. Now I could just add another version of it, but I don't know how I feel about that. Honestly I'd just make it so that you could also play That Track Specifically in Opa-Opa's stage, meanwhile we get to add another track from the series to this list. And while I did consider Final Take-Off, which I believe to probably be the second most iconic track in the original game, I decided to go for what I felt was the more fun alternative - Earth Frame G from G-LOC, the series' spinoff. I feel this track is one of the more underappreciated bangers from this era of SEGA music, and it helps that it also kinda serves to represent the R360 cabinet, which I personally see as one of SEGA's more iconic arcade endeavors simply because of how ridiculous it is.
-I picked The Sky Leading Towards the Future to represent SEGA's wide repertoire of football games. While games like Virtua Striker and Football Manager are certainly much more well-known than Victory Goal, frankly this track just slaps.
-I avoided adding any Atlus stuff cause I feel that's kinda Joker's ballpark at this point and I wanted to give the spotlight to other SEGA things
So there we go! This is the peak of my presence on this board, I have nothing else to do, I shall now retreat to the mountains and live out the rest of my life as a hermit.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Banjo is fine. I never understood the beef people had with his moveset. That includes those who says it’s boring or that B&K content paled compared to other content. I’m just happy we got any at all. He’s been in my MW since 64.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
[SCREAMS INTERNALLY]

real talk wireless GC controllers would be sick
BRING IT BACK NINTENDO YOU COWARDS:

In the meantime, though:

If you're interested in the concept, PowerA makes wireless GCN controllers and I actually legit think their builds are better than Nintendo's, as they make some QoL adjustments to them.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Banjo is fine. I never understood the beef people had with his moveset. That includes those who says it’s boring or that B&K content paled compared to other content. I’m just happy we got any at all. He’s been in my MW since 64.
To be fair some of the salt also came from the whole Banjo vs. Steve war so in hindsight they probably wouldn’t have as many naysayers.

I will say that Banjo has the most tame moveset of the entire DLC. Now that is far from bad because it reminds me of some of the Melee movesets which just screams to me that Sakurai was calling back to the fact people on N64 and Melee all unanimously said “where’s Banjo?”.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

As I had mentioned, sometime ago, I did a tracklist for Opa-Opa that had a "general SEGA" theme going for it - but it only pulled from IP that debuted either in the arcades or in consoles before Sonic did. But today, I present to you a second version of this concept. And this time, I'm going unhinged. This time, all of SEGA is on the table. This whole shebang is about to come to an end, so I thought I'd do one last Cool Thing for y'all.

So to better accomodate the much wider variety of IP on the table, I set a rule for myself - when it came to the non-Fantasy Zone tracks, I could only include one track per IP. The one exception to this is Phantasy Star, cause I really did feel like it was that important to have both classic PS and PSO represented.

So then I was planning on making it a nice 50 tracks. Y'know, same number as Terry's! But you see, here's the thing:

So as I realized I couldn't fit all the tracks I wanted in, I started stretching the track amount, until it reached a total of 70 ****ing tracks.

So any semblance of realism this whole idea might have still had has now been completely and utterly shattered. This has become less of a fan Challenger Pack tracklist and more of an exercise in shilling SEGA music. I have clearly gone way too overboard, but you know what? ** it. Making a 70-track list of SEGA music keeping it to mostly 1 track per IP besides Fantasy Zone and Phantasy Star is an achievement in itself. This ** is gonna end up on my resume. This is my goddamn magnum opus. And as such, despite the fact that I'll still stick around after all this is over, I'm still treating this as a "parting gift" of sorts. And if the crazy amount of tracks wasn't enough, I also wrote some notes on why I included said tracks.

So without further ado, here is digital proof that I have officially lost my mind:
Bold means new remix
  9. Victory Way/Flow My Tears - Fantasy Zone/Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa
  14. Space Harrier Theme
  20. System Down - SDI
  29. Idaten - Shinobi III
  31. Clotho - Columns
  32. It's Been a Long Time Since We Passed Through Space Time (Puyo Puyo Chronicle ver.) - Puyo Puyo
  35. Can You Become a Rent-A-Hero for Mankind's Sake? (Fighters Megamix ver.) - Rent-A-Hero
NOTES:
-yes i know outride a crisis is the more iconic track from super hang-on but sprinter is my favorite ok let me add at least one bias pick
-I honestly have no idea why I didn't add any Thunder Blade music to my original tracklist. My brain keeps allowing Thunder Blade erasure and I feel bad about that
-A Night in Otorii might be a weird pick, but I think Blind Spot's vocal remix of the track is a great example of how you could turn this pretty nice but short tune into an absolute groove
-Lastly, After Burner's in kind of an interesting situation here cause its main theme....is already in Smash. Now I could just add another version of it, but I don't know how I feel about that. Honestly I'd just make it so that you could also play That Track Specifically in Opa-Opa's stage, meanwhile we get to add another track from the series to this list. And while I did consider Final Take-Off, which I believe to probably be the second most iconic track in the original game, I decided to go for what I felt was the more fun alternative - Earth Frame G from G-LOC, the series' spinoff. I feel this track is one of the more underappreciated bangers from this era of SEGA music, and it helps that it also kinda serves to represent the R360 cabinet, which I personally see as one of SEGA's more iconic arcade endeavors simply because of how ridiculous it is.
-I picked The Sky Leading Towards the Future to represent SEGA's wide repertoire of football games. While games like Virtua Striker and Football Manager are certainly much more well-known than Victory Goal, frankly this track just slaps.
-I avoided adding any Atlus stuff cause I feel that's kinda Joker's ballpark at this point and I wanted to give the spotlight to other SEGA things
So there we go! This is the peak of my presence on this board, I have nothing else to do, I shall now retreat to the mountains and live out the rest of my life as a hermit.
I know you were already at 70 tracks, and I'm not even sure how well they would fit the environment, but I was a little sad to not see any Billy Hatcher tbh, mostly because I'm super nostalgic for tracks like Bossa Nova of Briny Air and Tumbling Xylophone (plus i just generally like tracks like Bang! Bang! Big Horns Explosion) lol

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I know you were already at 70 tracks, and I'm not even sure how well they would fit the environment, but I was a little sad to not see any Billy Hatcher tbh, mostly because I'm super nostalgic for tracks like Bossa Nova of Briny Air and Tumbling Xylophone (plus i just generally like tracks like Bang! Bang! Big Horns Explosion) lol
Full disclosure, I am not exactly the biggest Billy Hatcher fan in the world for reasons that I'd take a million years to fully explain, so it mainly comes down to me finding just about every track I added to the list to be a more interesting addition than anything from Billy Hatcher

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Full disclosure, I am not exactly the biggest Billy Hatcher fan in the world for reasons that I'd take a million years to fully explain, so it mainly comes down to me finding just about every track I added to the list to be a more interesting addition than anything from Billy Hatcher
Right, like I said, mostly personal nostalgia, especially for Bossa Nova of Briny Air lol

I will say, I'm super glad Mango is there though, I've fallen in love with that track since I heard the SiivaGunner arrangement of it for KFAD2 which led me to fall in love with the original lol

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Now nobody seems to even remember that he's on the roster.
This is still the worst take in this fanbase that somehow seems to be brought up all the time.

People who pulled for Ridley for decades didn’t all of a sudden forget he was in the game. People who pulled for K. Rool and Banjo neither. Hell, I was rooting for all 3 and Simon and Snake through thick and thin and I’ll tell you that every time I jump on the game I play my first game with Snake. It’s become a ritual at this point and every time I see Banjo, K. Rool, Ridley, and Simon I smile.

Do we really expect people who got their characters in to come into the thread and say “LOOK BANJO IS IN SMASH!!” Everyday? No. Why would you? You’re satisfied with your character and that’s it.

I always link back to this post whenever this is said:
Ok, I gotta complaint about our little community.

I'm irritated that people continue to say this, "Everyone wanted [insert extremely popular character] but whenever they get in people drop them a week later", I'm paraphrasing but this is the most untrue thing I've ever heard thrown around these boards.

There are 5 specific characters that I pulled for ever since I've been on these boards that made it into Ultimate. 6 YEARS of supporting these characters, of waiting for those characters. They are Snake, K. Rool, Ridley, Simon, and Banjo. Those 5 have carried me through my entire time on these boards because of my love for them, and what? Just because they're not new means that I'm over them? There are 4 of those that I go back to multiple times each time I play. They are at the top of my playtime list and they are well deserving. Ridley is the only character that I didn't jive with gameplay wise and yet I still get a little sense of childhood joy everytime I see his scary ass face on the roster. I play Snake the first game EVERY TIME I boot up Ultimate. I play Banjo all the time on different Nintendo stages, especially Mario, because of the childlike wonder that brings me. I play as K. Rool all the time because how goofy and fun his animations are. I play Simon all the time because of how happy it makes me to see one of my favorite franchises alive and well.

So, please, please stop saying this phrase. It is just incorrect. Ultimate has been out for over a year and I still haven't gotten over that Snake, Simon, ****ing Ridley, ****ing K. Rool, MOTHA ****ING BANJO-KAZOOIE, are in Smash. Everytime I see them, everytime I play them, it just makes me happy. And I'll probably never lose that feeling. And I'm 100% sure this isn't just me.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
People literally spammed Sakurai's twitter account with the most childish of hate because he wasn't putting Ridley into Smash.

I hate it when people say this. Twitter is twitter, Sakurai gets toxic tweets when he tweets about his cat. His twitter feed is absolute cancer and people usually just spam him irrelevant memes whatever the topic is. Just because there were a lot of toxic Ridley fans doesn't mean all of them or even a significant portion were toxic. People should stop saying this about Waluigi too.

Here's a challenge. Scroll down to the comment section of this game anniversary tweet and try to find one comment that is even remotely on topic.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
If Sora is a mii costume, wouldn’t they put them in Kazuya mii wave? It was clearly themed as “popular request characters” and he is a popular request. Unless CP11 mii costume wave is also another “popular characters that were made mii costumes to pleased fans” and well, that would validate Sora…
[/QUOTE]

Kazuya’s mii wave theme was half blooded (however you say it)

each Mii character was half off something. The mii wave wasn’t based off popularity

Edit: I messed up my reply because I accidentally sent half a post on top of a full post lol so this looks weird. You’ll probably be able to make out the reply l still though

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master

So any semblance of realism this whole idea might have still had has now been completely and utterly shattered. This has become less of a fan Challenger Pack tracklist and more of an exercise in shilling SEGA music. I have clearly gone way too overboard, but you know what? ** it. Making a 70-track list of SEGA music keeping it to mostly 1 track per IP besides Fantasy Zone and Phantasy Star is an achievement in itself. This ** is gonna end up on my resume. This is my goddamn magnum opus. And as such, despite the fact that I'll still stick around after all this is over, I'm still treating this as a "parting gift" of sorts. And if the crazy amount of tracks wasn't enough, I also wrote some notes on why I included said tracks.

Bold means new remix
  14. Space Harrier Theme
  20. System Down - SDI
  29. Idaten - Shinobi III
  31. Clotho - Columns
NOTES:
-After Burner's in kind of an interesting situation here cause its main theme....is already in Smash. Now I could just add another version of it, but I don't know how I feel about that. Honestly I'd just make it so that you could also play That Track Specifically in Opa-Opa's stage, meanwhile we get to add another track from the series to this list. And while I did consider Final Take-Off, which I believe to probably be the second most iconic track in the original game, I decided to go for what I felt was the more fun alternative - Earth Frame G from G-LOC, the series' spinoff. I feel this track is one of the more underappreciated bangers from this era of SEGA music, and it helps that it also kinda serves to represent the R360 cabinet, which I personally see as one of SEGA's more iconic arcade endeavors simply because of how ridiculous it is.
From what I've heard, fantastic selection of music. Hearing Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack again was a throwback.

Also I assumed Receive You was going to be the track for Yakuza, but can't complain with Funk Goes On. I'm finding some cool stuff here for the first time, so the list is appreciated.

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
Kazuya’s mii wave theme was half blooded (however you say it)

each Mii character was half off something. The mii wave wasn’t based off popularity
It was though?
Sakurai quite literally stated that in the Kazuya Sakurai Presents, the moment after the Mii costume wave was shown, that the Mii costumes for this wave was based on requested characters.
1632783756275.png

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Bold means new remix
  14. Space Harrier Theme
  20. System Down - SDI
  29. Idaten - Shinobi III
  31. Clotho - Columns
NOTES:
This is truly an amazing list. A few months ago I also made a list of 50 Sega music that I would want in Smash, although it wasn't really a "realistic" list and more a wishlist (which is why there's a big biais towards some franchise). The goal of this was to make a Sega pack with franchise from before Sega went third party (so no Billy Hatcher, Monkey ball or Yakuza) and also no Puyo puyo because I thought that it was big enough to get his own pack. I think some links are dead and I'm too lazy to update them but here you go:
Main theme (Space harrier)
Main theme (Alex Kidd in miracle world)
Castle (Alex Kidd in the enchanted castle)
Round one (Fantasy zone)
Don't stop (Super fantasy zone)
Keep on the beat (Super fantasy zone)
Splash wave (Out run)
City 202 (After burner 2)
Final take off (After burner 2)
Battle (Phantasy star)
Battle (Phantasy star 4: the end of the millenium)
Idaten (Shinobi 3)
Battlefield (Golden axe)
Wilderness (Golden axe)
Death adder (Golden axe)
Stage 1 (Bonanza bros)
Attack the barbarian (Streets of rage)
Dreamer (Streets of rage 2)
Dub slash/Enter shiva (Streets if rage 3)
Replay (Virtua racing)
Theme of Jacky (Virtua fighter)
Ride the tiger (Virtua fighter 2)
Main theme (Daytona usa)
Empire (Panzer dragoon)
Into the dark (The house of the dead)
Revenge (The house of the dead)
Emperor theme (The house of the dead 2)
Nights and Reala (Nights into dreams)
Message from Nightopia (Nights into dreams)
Patternal horn (Nights into dreams)
We are burning rangers (Burning rangers)
Main theme (Chuchu rocket)
Single player theme (Chuchu rocket)
Earth and sea (Shenmue)
Forklift racing (Shenmue)
Spaceport: Introducing Ulala (Space channel 5)
The reporter from space channel 5 (Space channel 5)
Asteroid belt Go! Go! Go! Astrobeat jr (Space channel 5)
Coco tapioka the huge dancer (Space channel 5)
Guitar showdown (Space channel 5)
Opening (Skies of Arcadia)
Vyse's theme (Skies of Arcadia)
Sudden storm (Skies of Arcadia)
Battle theme (Skies of Arcadia)
Humming the bassline (Jet set radio)
Let mom sleep (Jet set radio)
Magical girl (Jet set radio)
That's enough (Jet set radio)
Funky radio (Jet set radio)
Creation the state of art (Rez)

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
It was though?
Sakurai quite literally stated that in the Kazuya Sakurai Presents, the moment after the Mii costume wave was shown, that the Mii costumes for this wave was based on requested characters.
View attachment 331848
dude literally went out of his way AFTER saying that to give some special highlight to the Dragonborn and Shantae outfits. What a guy.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
It was though?
View attachment 331848
whilst popularity did come into this wave and played a part, it wasn’t the main factor. Every mii wave so far has had a theme. It’s just that some of the more popular Characters fitted into this mii theme over others.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
whilst popularity did come into this wave and played a part, it wasn’t the main factor. Every mii wave so far has had a theme. It’s just that some of the more popular Characters fitted into this mii theme over others.
Still sad Kazuya’s wave didn’t have a Monokuma Mii

he fits the half motif literally PERFECTLY

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
As a Banjo and Kazooie main, I feel like I should say something in their behalf.

This was my most wanted character since Smash
64, to the point that when I unlocked the first four unlockable characters, I was disappointed to find Ness and Jigglypuff instead of Banjo and Kazooie. Still I understood as they were new characters. But then Melee happened and I was a little annoyed, but understood quickly when it was announced Rare was purchased by Microsoft. As a dedicated Nintendo fanboy I was crushed. Not only were we losing Banjo, but Rare as well who at that point was on a hot streak of making my favorite games.

I was devastated.

Needless to say when they were announced in 2019, it was cathartic, much like when Steve from
Blues Clues posted that video that went viral a week or so ago. It just felt like getting some closure on Banjo as an official Nintendo icon and legend. It is much easier to be at peace with Rare leaving in 2002, especially with their game coming to the Nintendo Switch Online.

As for how they play?

I think someone else really put it into words best, but I will try my hand at it:

This character, frustratingly, gets mischaracterized due to a few reasons.

Number one, despite being designed as a easy to use all-arounder like a Mario, they are subtlety more complicated than that due to the nature of the projectiles and how they move. They are actually quite fluid if you know how to use them. So when people first pick them up, they feel clunky, so people stop playing them, and it is hard to get into them at first.

Number two, people spam Wonderwing because they don’t know how to play them. Wonderwing is a great move if used intelligently, and not like PK Fire.

So over time, I put in the work, and frankly love that they aren’t played as much as the other DLC because many people don’t know how to play against someone who actually knows how to use Banjo. And so, for me, they have became my true main.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
This is another thing which started with PapaGenos IIRC.. Suffice to say that the theming with Kazuya alone is so loose that this is a pattern not worth considering. Remember Daisy theory? That also started with PG.. Unless people still think that's indicative of something over a year later, just try to look at things logically. PG is a big named speculator yes, but I think that's what makes all the wrong stuff PG says even more noticeable. People can't tell me they wouldn't be considering all these theories if PG didn't cover them. It's fine to discuss them, but echoing the exact same thing the person who helped popularize it is the issue IMO, as there are a lot of discrepancies with this whole mii costume theory alone. When we were told it was based on fan demand, there really isn't much reason to not take that at face value when Sakurai had no reason to tell us to begin with, let alone lie. Lloyd could have returned with any other character as they already were dripfeeding the previous Namco mii outfits, but he didn't and instead returned with Kazuya, who has no association with anything half blooded directly. If they were so set on having them overlap, Lloyd likely would have returned elsewhere.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If this Mii Costume wave theme thing has been around through all of DLC, I'm gonna need someone to tell me what the theme is for Banjo's wave, because we got Goemon, Proto Man, Zero, Team Rocket, and Sans, and I can't decipher a theme in there for the life of me lol

Ivander

Smash Legend
If this Mii Costume wave theme thing has been around through all of DLC, I'm gonna need someone to tell me what the theme is for Banjo's wave, because we got Goemon, Proto Man, Zero, Team Rocket, and Sans, and I can't decipher a theme in there for the life of me lol
I saw someone say it was partners, as Goemon has Ebisumaru as a recurring partner, Proto Man and Zero are partners to Mega Man and X, Team Rocket is a "team" and Sans has Papyrus.

Rather pushing it, but it's not out of nowhere random.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I saw someone say it was partners, as Goemon has Ebisumaru as a recurring partner, Proto Man and Zero are partners to Mega Man and X, Team Rocket is a "team" and Sans has Papyrus.

Rather pushing it, but it's not out of nowhere random.
I mean if it was Jessie and James I could see that, sure, but it was just random Team Rocket grunts that are usually in groups of like at least 6 when you see them in the games lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean if it was Jessie and James I could see that, sure, but it was just random Team Rocket grunts that are usually in groups of like at least 6 when you see them in the games lol
You do sometimes fight them in a male/female pair, but it's not that common. Especially as Doubles weren't introduced till later on. And it can be two male or two female pairs too. They can loosely fit the concept, but not enough it feels like a clear theme.

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
Literally where is this coming from? is your source PapaGenos or something?
1632786098801.png

It amazes me how one is even able to dance around what was said by the game's director and come up with a made-up pattern despite that, but suit yourself I suppose.

EDIT: Sorry if this seemed a bit rude, I was heated while writing

Last edited:

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I think people trying to apply themes for these Mii waves are desperately grasping at straws. The few times when there actually has been a theme, Sakurai has said so. Pyra/Mythra having capcom costumes to promote new games and Kazuya's wave being fan requested characters. We have heard this FROM THE MAN HIMSELF.

The only other times there have really been themes is stuff like Hero coming with DQ costumes, Joker coming with Sega, etc. But waves like Banjo and Byleth are just random selections of costumes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom