• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Someone awhile back joked about Chrous Kids being added to fulfill the Gematsu leaks and honestly I think they'd be an awesome pick.

It's an unrepresented Nintendo franchise that's small but has a very dedicated fanbase. They'd be wildly unique. They fit second chance easily since we know a RH character was planned and Gematsu was right about everything else, just outdated since we know Chrom was planned at one point. Having the last piece of Gematsu come to fruition would be an awesome bit of closure, especially as someone who started following Smash speculation around E3 2013 and the reveal of Smash 4.

Plus they'd be one more piece of the Grinch leak come true. It would cool for that to slowly become real over the years too haha.

I would love a Smash game that had Ultimate's roster but also added the remaining characters from Gematsu, the Grinch leak, and the Brawl Forbidden 7. Now that's an Ultimate Smash game.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Was there some new Rayman buzz? I saw the "PoorlyAgedThings" account tweet a picture of someone mocking Rayman's chances, which made me think maybe there was a leak

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Just to throw out a prediction, necessary or not, I'd probably say a gen 8 mon. If this ends up actually being the case, then I can only imagine what would happen, whether it would just be another rehash of what happened almost 2 years ago or whether people have set their expectations or even standards lower in terms of what is deemed "hype". I'm certainly not expecting this one to be blowing much of anything out of the water though. Either way, we are pretty close to definitely seeing smash in the direct for the few that are still convinced otherwise. Even if it's an announcement of the announcement, we're definitely seeing it in at least some form, best case scenario, we get the character revealed, and a few extra tidbits, like maybe showing off some mii outfits similar to Cloud's reveal in smash 4 with the chocobo hat and a date for the sakurai showcase. Obviously the mii costume thing may not be too likely but it's best case scenario in terms of finally giving us all the info. Worst case is an announcement of the announcement.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
The Kaz thing is someone I know. The Pyra thing is a twitter user I follow with encyclopedic Monolith Soft knowledge and a casual connection to the company. And Blurry McBlur being the final fighter is from the same person as the Kazuya thing.
I hope you're right. The "finishes the fight" tagline writes itself.
I can't think of a bigger deal than Microsoft's mascot. It would probably be a bigger deal than Cloud was.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Nate isn't perfect Leaker, but I trust in him to have some sort of Credible info, and the fact that he said Waluigi has a chance I think is a good sign for Waluigi

Depending on how he's wording it, it could mean 100% chance, since the FP2 roster was picked long time ago, so technically there's only one character has 100% chance, and the other characters have 0%.

But I'm not thinking that's what he saying, This might be a case where he might not be sure who CP11 actually is, but knows who it's not, and considering the characters he said it wasn't, perhaps the character might not be a bombshell in terms of what Company it's coming from. It's looking like it might be a Company already in the game? Up to intpretation whether to believe it, and if you do, what he's actually saying

Shroob

Sup?
The Kaz thing is someone I know. The Pyra thing is a twitter user I follow with encyclopedic Monolith Soft knowledge and a casual connection to the company. And Blurry McBlur being the final fighter is from the same person as the Kazuya thing.
I remain somewhat unconvinced, but the Kazuya thing is definitely something.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Are you Implying that you have somewhat of an idea who CP11 is thanks to your friend?

to be forgotten

Smash Rookie
Welp, I was basically only here because Smash fans started caring about Phantasy Star suddenly. No matter who the last character is, that's probably pretty much done until next time. So. Uh. Recap:

The original PSO and Phantasy Star II are probably the most influential and iconic games that're worth looking at, even if PSII is really rough around the edges. Phantasy Star IV is still the best "classic era" one though, so if you only want to play any single one, do that. Especially if you're spoiler sensitive and have somehow evaded them this long. Just go in blind.

The original Phantasy Star Online is still well beloved and is worth a try on a private server. Get a good group and it's a blast. Single-player has some good characters and stuff too. There's a reason Kireek and Rico keep coming back.

'til next time.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Maybe they're not technically leaks, but both Kazuya and Pyra were hinted at in private discord servers. A twitter user with Monolith Soft connections knew of Pyra a week in advance and brought them up when they otherwise never talk about them, and Kazuya was hinted at on a friend's server of all things by someone spamming the Tekken 1 ending of Kazuya's face leading up to E3.

So there ARE leaks, they're just not being shared with you or me. Except this one. Master Chief.

Not the first time leakers have hinted at Master Chief, I'll believe it when I see it.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I remain somewhat unconvinced, but the Kazuya thing is definitely something.
Absolutely take it with salt, I'm not a leaker. I'm a guy who knows a guy knows a guy that fell of the back of the truck. The real point is that the final fighter is probably a known factor, being bandied around a discord server as we speak.
And that it's Captain King

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Master Chief being the final character would definitely be

Unexpected, in many ways, all good.
I'm not sure how chief would be unexpected but yeah he would be cool. I would have preferred him over characters like Sephiroth, Min Min and Pyra/Mythra.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not sure how chief would be unexpected but yeah he would be cool. I would have preferred him over characters like Sephiroth, Min Min and Pyra/Mythra.
Unexpected in that a lot of people are on-board with the "It must end on a low note" camp, and that would be, well, not a low note by any means.

I don't think the DLC will end on a "Low note", but it'd be YET ANOTHER fan rule completely shattered.

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Master Chief being the final character would definitely be

Unexpected, in many ways, all good.
I think he does fit as a final character for finishing the fight

Heck if the trailer starts with the clash against both Galeem and Dharkon, then it's him.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Well so much for keeping the current character in the spotlight secret lol.

But yeah I'd totally be excited to see Master Chief as CP11. That said I'm going to take this stuff with a grain of salt.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anyone doubts Waluigi has a chance(Well, I don't, but I also think anything's likely).

But he's also saying Waluigi has a chance, not that he's confirmed.

Let's take a step back and put the champagne and hookers away until the party actually starts.

Nate's like, never leaked Smash info, period. He's leaked games yes, but Smash? No. And considering PracticalBrush12, the guy who actually has a flawless record pretty much has told us straight out how hard it is to get Smash info nowadays, consider me wary.
He leaked Smash once, but it was a long time ago: he stays away from Smash because of the hell Smash fans gave him and his friends because they were saying the Grinch Leak was fake. That said, his words to me suggest he only knows some info for the character at best, so no reason to get worried about it right now.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ending the pass in such a bombastic way with a tag line that speaks for itself is way too perfect to happen. Not even being negative that just sounds way too perfect lol.
The Japanese people making the trailers wouldn't even care if MC's tagline could be "Finishes the fight!". Their taglines are always "Joins the battle!".

Shroob

Sup?
The Japanese people making the trailers wouldn't even care if MC's tagline could be "Finishes the fight!". Their taglines are always "Joins the battle!".
To be fair, those taglines seem more for us, the Western fans, than for the Japanese audience.

We got **** like

"Hits the BIG time" for RIdley

"RARING to go!" for Banjo

etc

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Yea that's another issue. The tag line stuff is just gone from the JP side of things.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Unexpected in that a lot of people are on-board with the "It must end on a low note" camp, and that would be, well, not a low note by any means.

I don't think the DLC will end on a "Low note", but it'd be YET ANOTHER fan rule completely shattered.
A Microsoft rep would be pretty much the only way for it to be a low note for me. Idunwaneet

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wait, is it actually chief? Is that why they're in spoilertags?

Did it already get leaked?

Hold on, wait, what?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Was there some new Rayman buzz? I saw the "PoorlyAgedThings" account tweet a picture of someone mocking Rayman's chances, which made me think maybe there was a leak
I saw the tweet. It was mocking the 2nd guy who said that the ice thing could happen when it most likely isn't at this point. I think the only reason it was posted now is because we're in the endgame and Rayman most likely has nothing to do with the Battlefield ice.

Like I don't care if people think Rayman is likely, but the whole thing of him being in the ice is still one of the dumbest Smash theories to this day.

Now watch Rayman actually break out of the Battlefield ice tomorrow and this comment will end up on that account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom