• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Why is that weird?
Well I just think it's weird that people always say that they'll be happy no matter who is revealed, but if it's someone like Waluigi, (who actually has a pretty high chance at this point) they'd probably be very upset.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
If 11 is really Master Chief himself
Looking forward to Smash fans asking for Kratos to complete the console game mascots trilogy (tho I wouldn't complain lol)

kylexv

Smash Master
Pic of the Day:

Happy 131st Birthday Nintendo!

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I don't want Waluigi, but I really don't care enough to be upset. Would just be like ew and move on to the rest of the direct which I'm looking forward to.
Which already goes against the "happy no matter what"

People are never truly "happy no matter what" there's always some characters they'd prefer not to be in the game and I wish people wouldn't say things like this that are clearly untrue just to make themselves look better.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Pic of the Day:

What stage is this from?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Pic of the Day:

In 1889, 131 years ago, that Nintendo was founded today !! If it weren't for this company, the games in the world would be completely different. The Kyoto company building is traditionally square. I'm not a Nintendo person. #Smash Bros SP

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Which already goes against the "happy no matter what"

People are never truly "happy no matter what" there's always some characters they'd prefer not to be in the game and I wish people wouldn't say things like this that are clearly untrue just to make themselves look better.
Me with Steve. One of my absolute least wanted characters. Wasn't even gonna pretend to be happy. Dumb block lookin head. I like Minecraft too so it's nothing against the game.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Pic of the Day:

Well we got our pic of the day without any mention of the direct.
I feel like if we weren't getting any news about smash tomorrow, Sakurai would have tempered our expectations here.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's Wrecking Crew. The image on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's website doesn't give us a great view of the background, but the buildings you can see look exactly like this. EDIT: In fact, I'm confident that you can see the building in question here.

Also the image is in the game's artstyle so it's not from Google Maps.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Pic of the Day:

It's wild to think about how long Nintendo has been around for. I always get kinda emotional whenever I look at the history in WarioWare Gold (which is pathetic, I'm not scared to admit). Makes me wish they brought their toys across the Pacific, they all look like they were a ton of fun.

Shroob

Sup?
The Post of the Day will turn out to be a vital clue when the last fighter is a Nintendo Playing Card, officially making it the oldest character in the game at 132 years old.
Hollar if you remember back during Smash 4 times people suggesting Nintendo's Napoleon Bonaparte Hanafuda cards as a fighter.

I do.

1632366533367.png

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Well, if Master Chief is the last character. It means I just won a bet though it also means I will be cosplaying the character. :shiro:

Shroob

Sup?
So...

Assuming they DO show off FP11 tomorrow, and give us a date which is relatively soon, when do you even think they'd come out?

Next week? The week after seems kinda sus due to Metroid Dread launching that week iirc.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
So...

Assuming they DO show off FP11 tomorrow, and give us a date which is relatively soon, when do you even think they'd come out?

Next week? The week after seems kinda sus due to Metroid Dread launching that week iirc.
IF they're revealed tomorrow, and if we get the date of the Sakurai Presents, my guess is early october.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
IF they're revealed tomorrow, and if we get the date of the Sakurai Presents, my guess is on early october.
Issue I see is that Metroid Dream comes out October 8th, and I don't see a world where they drop the new Smash character the same week as the game they've been advertising to hell.

And the first 2 days of October are.... next week.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Just got back into Halo so I am so down for Master Chief. Theres a lot of potential and it'd certainly be a massive moment in gaming.
Who do you think could make a good Echo Fighter? From what I've played, there's plenty of options, like...
Locke
Sgt. Johnson
Noble Six
The Rookie
The Arbiter

Really, the list goes on.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Who do you think could make a good Echo Fighter? From what I've played, there's plenty of options, like...
Locke
Sgt. Johnson
Noble Six
The Rookie
The Arbiter

Really, the list goes on.
Dream scenario would be Arbiter

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Yea with Dread coming out the timing is interesting. Could be really soon after the direct or we could be waiting a bit. Dont think they'll release the last fighter near Dread. Though since it's a DLC fighter and not a full game maybe they won't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom