• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Not to instill hope (meaning still keep expectations in check), but there was a direct that was announced for Thursday on a Wednesday before.

It was the March 2018 Direct that announced Smash Ultimate ironically enough. So there is precedent weirdly enough for Thursday live Directs being announced on a Wednesday lol.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not to instill hope (meaning still keep expectations in check), but there was a direct that was announced for Thursday on a Wednesday before.

It was the March 2018 Direct that announced Smash Ultimate ironically enough. So there is precedent weirdly enough for Thursday live Directs being announced on a Wednesday lol.
That’s happened a few times actually

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
  • Multiple games leak from ratings boards all over the world? Check.
  • Companies like Capcom still not yet talking about their schedule for TGS and Square still doesn't have a Triangle Strategy segment when TGS is next week? Check.
  • Controller filing that doesn't fit anything other than an NSO controller due to the technologies mentioned on the FCC file that should be revealed Thursday, handled exactly like the SNES controller trademark? Check.

Sounds like a Direct is on the menu and ready to go.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Watch we do get a direct this week announced tomorrow and airing Thursday but CP11 isn't shown.
I feel like you need this in your life right now:

No but seriously, even if they don't show off the character themselves, they'll more than likely give us a date. There really isn't much to worry about in that regard.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Never mind. Anyway, you all ready for whatever happens tomorrow?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Shroob

Sup?
  • Multiple games leak from ratings boards all over the world? Check.
  • Companies like Capcom still not yet talking about their schedule for TGS and Square still doesn't have a Triangle Strategy segment when TGS is next week? Check.
  • Controller filing that doesn't fit anything other than an NSO controller due to the technologies mentioned on the FCC file that should be revealed Thursday, handled exactly like the SNES controller trademark? Check.

Sounds like a Direct is on the menu and ready to go.
On the flipside though, if it's not announced in 6~ or so hours, then we're back to where we were in the first place, completely in the dark without any idea as to what's going on.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I feel like it'll be a Mini Direct tbh. Third party stuff, more on Metroid/Mario Party/SMT, updates/DLC for existing games, a reveal of something a little niche like Tomodachi Life or Style Savvy and then something like a 2D DK to end on.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, y'all failed to mention the possibility that it may just be a Nintendo Direct Mini 😏
And I still believe they will reveal the final fighter in its own standalone Sakurai presentation like Byleth, no way they won't milk the hype of the finale by just spoiling it on a direct in which they might want to give more spotlight to other announcements.
Also if it's not this week you can kiss the chances for September direct goodbye because we ain't getting one next week for sure.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, y'all failed to mention the possibility that it may just be a Nintendo Direct Mini 😏
And I still believe they will reveal the final fighter in its own standalone Sakurai presentation like Byleth, no way they won't milk the hype of the finale by just spoiling it on a direct in which they might want to give more spotlight to other announcements.
Also if it's not this week you can kiss the chances for September direct goodbye because we ain't getting one next week for sure.
And what do you say about the fact that we never get character reveals in Sakurai presents unless there is no Direct within proximity? Now if there's no Direct on the horizon that's one thing, but when was the last time a full Direct shirked a Smash reveal, only to have that reveal happen within that same timeframe?

If anything, Nintendo seems to want people who aren't big on Smash to see the reveal, and people who tune in for Smash reveals to catch all their other products, and that's why they have the two airing together, symbiotically, at every opportunity.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wow this is our Direct news, so cool!
I wonder if the usual suspect will use this to smugly claim everyone's an idiot for thinking a Direct could happen despite doing it themselved

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Maybe I can still get that amiibo pack via pre-order. Almost none are easy to get anymore. I don't mind paying for it beforehand, but seriously, with the scalping...

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I wonder if the usual suspect will use this to smugly claim everyone's an idiot for thinking a Direct could happen despite doing it themselved
Thats a damn shame, my UK friends are gonna be fuming over this.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Damn Daniel

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There's a Japanese holiday today so I'm willing to bet a direct will not be announced.
Japan is one day ahead.
Whelp, that's that then. No direct announcement today. :4pacman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom