• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Okay, forum game time. If you were tasked to make a Spirit Board event for one of the previously released DLC Mii costumes, what would you make it look like?
Okay, Lloyd’s getting a spirit board event.

Raine: White haired Zelda costume (magic elf). Healing items have a high chance of dropping, opponent attracted to items.

Sheena: female pokemon trainer. Assist trophies/pokeballs have a high chance of dropping, opponent attracted to items.

alternate Sheena: Set of battles: Incineroar, Greninja, Pikachu, Ending in a dark Sheik.

Genos: White Haired Male Robin. Opponent is small. Opponent starts match with golden hammer. Opponent favors specials.

Zelos: Red “Hero” costume. Opponent has boosted speed.

Presea: Female villager (pink hair). Opponent starts with a scythe.

Kratos: Sephiroth. opponent recovers when critical health, opponent regenerates health.

kylexv

Smash Master
Pic of the Day:

Today in 1994, "The King of Fighters '94" (The King of Fighters '94) started operation on MVS !! SNK's All-Star fighting game, in which a team of three fights. From the perspective of Smash Bros., it is a senior in a crossover fighting game. Yagami-an in the foreground of the photo has participated in the next work "'95".

Playcenter

Smash Rookie
Considering No More Heroes got a spirit, I think Frisk is going to end up being Challenger Pack 11.
Still no UNDERTALE spirits, or maybe King Boo? We also didn't get a spirit for him

Paraster

Smash Lord
Okay, forum game time. If you were tasked to make a Spirit Board event for one of the previously released DLC Mii costumes, what would you make it look like?
Undertale
Toriel
Sans
Papyrus
Mettaton (enhances into Mettaton EX)
(any one of the non-Sans spirits could probably be removed and this would be a reasonable event)

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Well yeah, that's what I meant. Those characters were popular enough to get a consolation prize, but not really enough to be made playable, like with K. Ridley-Kazooie.
I now want to see K. Ridley and Kazooie. I’d imagine Ridley’s head and purple color on K. Rool’s body with a giant firebreathing Kazooie complete with Krown and a blue backpack

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Pic of the Day:

Today in 1994, "The King of Fighters '94" (The King of Fighters '94) started operation on MVS !! SNK's All-Star fighting game, in which a team of three fights. From the perspective of Smash Bros., it is a senior in a crossover fighting game. Yagami-an in the foreground of the photo has participated in the next work "'95".
KOF 2002 is my personl favorite in the series though new KOF is looking pretty hype.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Speaking of Spirit Board events, I'm starting to get worried that one for NEO: TWEWY isn't happening....more of this game's marketing getting screwed over, I guess.

Ah, to think of what could have been...
I came up with a potential roster for a NEO: The World Ends With You Spirit Board event. It might seem a bit weird to fans, but I think this would work the best for representing the most important parts of the game without providing major spoilers. (The last spirit in particular was a replacement for a different one that was slightly spoilery in its implications and also hard to actually interpret as a spirit.)

View attachment 325788Rindo & Fret & Nagi

Class: ✩✩ Advanced
Type: Attack
Equip: Primary (3 slots)
Trait: PSI Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Shulk (orange)
    • Captain Falcon (black)
    • Inkling (purple)
  • Stage: Prism Tower
  • Music: Ink or Sink
  • Match: Stamina
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy's (Shulk) FS Meter charges quickly
    • The enemy’s (Captain Falcon) down special has increased power
    • The enemy’s (Inkling) neutral special has increased power
View attachment 325777Sho Minamimoto

Class: ✩✩✩ Ace
Type: Shield
Equip: Support (cost 1)
Skill: Easier Dodging
  • Puppet Fighter: Mario (black)
    • Giant Lucario (grey)
  • Stage: Moray Towers (Ω form)
  • Music Track: Battle! (Steven)
    • Mario: 141 HP
    • Lucario: 173 HP
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • Reinforcements (Lucario) will appear after an enemy (Mario) is KO'd
    • The enemy (Mario) is very fast and can’t stop quickly
    • The enemy (Lucario) will occasionally have super armor
View attachment 325778Mr. Mew

Class: ✩ Novice
Type: Neutral
Equip: Support (cost 1)
Skill: Lightweight
  • Puppet Fighter: Giant Incineroar (grey)
    • Tiny Tail Incineroar (grey) x5
  • Stage: Fourside (Ω form)
  • Music: Pop Fashion Show
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • Reinforcements (Giant Incineroar) will appear after an enemy (Tiny Incineroars) is KO'd
    • The enemy (Giant Incineroar) has super armor but moves slower

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Well here’s a crossover I didn’t expect to see today:

(swear warning: the video has the one swear lyric of Smell of the Game — just covering my butt so it isn’t a censor dodge)

That’s cool that ArcSys is doing more crossovers involving GG — we just got Baiken in Samurai Shodown too. Makes me really wish Tales of the Rays was still going on in the US now though…

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

(swear warning: the video has the one swear lyric of Smell of the Game — just covering my butt so it isn’t a censor dodge)

That’s cool that ArcSys is doing more crossovers involving GG — we just got Baiken in Samurai Shodown too. Makes me really wish Tales of the Rays was still going on in the US now though…
And yet no BlazBlue vs. Guilty Gear despite being under the same creators and companies...

SNEKeater

Smash Master

This Tales x Guilty Gear crossover is certainly surprising. Sol looks kinda funny here lol
20210825_054214.jpg

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
they built ultimate using sm4sh as a base instead of starting from scratch like every other installment. and you can tell tbh, its basically a port
Smash 4 was a good base. I got no complaints.

Smash Ultimate base roster and DLC has been very varied and Nintendo did a good job to cater different audiences..

Are you a hardcore smash fan? Here it is King K Rool, Ridley, Chrom, Dark Samus, Daisy and Banjo-Kazooie

Are you a bit younger and enjoyed modern nintendo games? Here lt is Isabelle, Inklings, Incineroar, Min Min, Pyra/Myrtha and Byleth

Are you maybe more an RPG and/or Playstation fan? Here is Joker, Hero and Sephiroth

Are you into fighting games? Here is Ken, Terry and Kazuya

Does your kids play minecraft every day? You can now play as Steve in Smash!
Are you DEX? Here's Simon and Hero.

yall gotta understand how difficult this is for the ppl who dont give a **** about any of the dlc characters revealed
I refuse.

Like, if they can't even find ONE character they like out of those 10, I don't even know wtf they video game for. Their taste is so esoteric, I don't know how they even like Smash in the first place.

Personally, I prefer to throw my temper tantrums in the shower instead of full view of the internet
That's a good way to slip and fall.

Smash Ultimate? More like "Smash Ultimately Should Be Appealing To Me and Me Alone Stop Adding Characters Other People Like" haha gottem
I'm a reasonable guy. Only half the characters should be for me specifically.

Geno has been recognized by Sakurai several times (in fact, his popularity is what got him his Mii Costume)
Yeah, but...he coulda fixed the head.

Eggman is an iconic villain too. Would he become everyone's secret most wanted if he was included?
No. Because there's nothing secret about him. Eggman is highly requested.

To be fair to Chrono Trigger, it did invent New Game +
Well, named/popularized it. It existed in games before that.

Hell, SMB1 arguably has NG+.

Ah, sorry mate. A bit cringe, innit?

....bloody 'ell.
Are you takin' tha piss?

the real question is who’s getting converted to smash 6 base roster shadow or knuckles ?
It's still astounding Shadow wasn't an Echo, and he has to be a shoe-in next time.

Primid as CP11 would be pretty epic.
That would be pretty disastrous.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Guys, I've cracked the code. I now know who the last character is. I can't tell you though, or the Nintendo Ninjas will come to my house and murder me. I can tell you who it's not though, so I made a list:
  • Sol
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Doom Slayer
  • Typhlosion
  • Master Chief
  • Kratos
  • Professor Layton
  • Phoenix Wright
  • King Boo
  • Jak & Daxter
  • Rillaboom
  • Amaterasu
  • Morrigan
  • Ragna
  • Zero
  • Lara Croft
  • Frisk
  • Ky
  • Yu
  • Scorpion
  • Euden
  • Shantae
  • Metroid
  • Mega Man X
  • Pyramid Head
  • Dixie Kong
  • Porky
  • Cinderace
  • Freddy
  • Jibanyan
  • Mario
  • Decidueye
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Fall Guy
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Frank West
  • Nathan Drake
  • Samurott
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Chell
  • Captain Toad
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Kiryu
  • Jin
  • Ryu Hyabusa
  • Octoling
  • Asura
  • Magolor
  • Sub Zero
You can trust me because there's no way I'd be able to guess who it actually is I mean I have a reliable source who must remain anonymous. And like, you guys know me: Would I spend 20 minutes on making up a list of random characters for just laughs? No way.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Here's Travis Touchdown's spirit event.
Say it with me folks:

DOWNWARD ****ING DOG

For real it's nice that a popular request who couldn't be playable for one reason or another is getting even more love, really hope NMHIII becomes a smash hit, I know some people who are hella interested

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My headcannon for a lack of Undertale spirits is that Monsters have no Soul, so they can't have spirits.

No, Ghosts don't count.
AKTHUTALLY, monsters have a soul.

It just dissipear immediately when they die, with a few rare exceptions.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
yall gotta understand how difficult this is for the ppl who dont give a **** about any of the dlc characters revealed, sure I got my MW added but tbh I feel bad for sum of the fanbases that have been holding out for so long
I haven't gotten a single character I really wanted since K. Rool. Hell, my most wanted straight up got denied in favor of someone else and is likely never getting another chance, but you don't see me saying this game with nearly 90 characters is a terrible product.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Not only have I not gotten my most wanteds in this DLC, it almost feels like all the characters added have gone out of their way to deconfirm characters I do want.

Joker kills any chance of SMT representation.
Hero and Sephiroth murdered 2B.
Banjo and Steve... well they doesn't overlap with anything so they're fine.
Terry and Kazuya got rid of any chance of Sol Badguy.
Byleth took the "obligatory FE spot" from someone like Lyn or even considering FE3H, Edelgard or Dimitri.
Min Min made it in as the Switch darling over Astral Chain's Officer Howards
Pyra and Mythra took Elma's spot
And that's not to mention the Mii costumes killing Dante, X and Zero, Monster Hunter, and Travis Touchdown.

Obviously this isn't how the decision process works, but still it's difficult to not feel that way when things have come so close to what I wanted, locking their chances away for another 5+ years.

That said, most of them are relatively fun to play, so I don't really regret buying all this DLC.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If it makes you feel any better it means that they have a chance of getting in with their Leigons rather than just going solo because the two together would take up too much memory and they're like "see the difference in detail between Akira and the Leigon(s) and Rosalina & Luma?".

ZelDan

Smash Master
Not only have I not gotten my most wanteds in this DLC, it almost feels like all the characters added have gone out of their way to deconfirm characters I do want.

Joker kills any chance of SMT representation.
Hero and Sephiroth murdered 2B.
Banjo and Steve... well they doesn't overlap with anything so they're fine.
Terry and Kazuya got rid of any chance of Sol Badguy.
Byleth took the "obligatory FE spot" from someone like Lyn or even considering FE3H, Edelgard or Dimitri.
Pyra and Mythra took Elma's spot
And that's not to mention the Mii costumes killing Dante, X and Zero, Monster Hunter, and Travis Touchdown.

Obviously this isn't how the decision process works, but still it's difficult to not feel that way when things have come so close to what I wanted, locking their chances away for another 5+ years.

That said, most of them are relatively fun to play, so I don't really regret buying all this DLC.
I know the feel tbh, when it comes to DLC or Ultimate in general.

I wanted Dixie Kong, we get :ultkrool:
Lyn is one of my most wanted FE characters and I was hoping for her before E3 2018, but all we got in base game is a Roy echo with :ultchrom:
I want master Chief, and the characters we got from Microsoft are :ultbanjokazooie::ultsteve:
I wanted Spring man and was mostly backing him during the ARMS guessing game times, we get :ultminmin
Like you I wanted Elma but we get :ultpyra::ultmythra:
I wanted Edelgard the most from Three Houses, or even Claude or Dimitri would be cool, but we get :ultbyleth::ultbylethf:

That said, I was still pretty happy to see :ultkrool::ultminmin:ultbyleth::ultbylethf:, and :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsephiroth: were pretty exciting for me. So there were still some characters I could have some appreciation for in Ultimate beyond the returning veterans, but...yeah, kinda sucks to get so close but so far away many times.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I haven't gotten a single character I really wanted since K. Rool. Hell, my most wanted straight up got denied in favor of someone else and is likely never getting another chance, but you don't see me saying this game with nearly 90 characters is a terrible product.
So not that I really care all that much, but apparently it caused quite the stir over here, so I decided to clarify very quickly without actually going into too much detail...something that we all know I struggle with.

1. I don't actually think Ultimate is a trash game. I've been on record around here throwing shade at games like Anthem, Fallout 76, and Sword and Shield, and none of them are in Ultimate's league in terms of effort put in. It was a ****post meant to get a rise out of people and to cause intrigue on clarification, but I'm not surprised that it only did the former and not the latter. In other words, we do a little trolling, but also it was a bait to make people want to know what I meant, but I was silly because I should have known the audience better.

2. Ultimate is in fact a rushed game when focusing on the base game alone, although arguments could be made for DLC as well. Too many things point towards a rushed production that needed more time in the oven, it just so happens that Sakurai and those he worked with have experience with rushed products and are damn good at what they do. See basically every Smash title for proof of Sakurai's experience in this field.

3. I've found a number of similarities between Ultimate's production and Melee's production and results. It's actually quite fascinating, and it strengthens my claim massively as Melee was also incredibly rushed.

4. Rather than pointlessly talk about things here, I think after I get a couple of life things straightened out, I'm going to take the time to make a video talking about this. Every Smashtuber wants to speculate DLC, or play the game, or talk about different portions of Smash's history...but I have yet to see anyone talk about Smash's history of being a rushed product outside of talking about cut characters. I think this is an important topic that can help people realize that Ultimate could have been so much more if they just gave it a little more time, but Nintendo was too worried about another WiiU to let Sakurai make any delays.

5. This has renewed my hopes for more content, but more out of a weird sort of desperation for Ultimate to be what it was supposed to be: the penultimate, clearly best Smash game, with tons of content and so many dream characters making it in. A true tribute to what Iwata wanted, something Sakurai COULD (not that he will) retire on and look back with pride instead of something Nintendo forced him to push out they year after the console's launch with DLC that is trying to fill in the holes caused by an early launch.

6. EDIT: I shouldn't need to mentioned this, but no, I'm not saying anything of this because Geno isn't in the game. I know you guys think that all my critical thinking somehow ties to the character I want, but all my thoughts with Smash in the past month have been thinking about just about everything other than specifically the character I want. Obviously if the game hadn't been rushed, that would in some way benefit his chances, sure. However, when I said that we all suffer from a lack of due production time, it's because not only the characters people want but just also the game itself as a whole could have had more fleshed out content in it. By pushing the game out to sell the Switch early, we lost the opportunity for a fuller game. It could have been EVEN BETTER!

Last edited:

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, like, mostly everyone saw it as bait, the problem is if you're going to "Do a little trolling", the bait needs to not be 'as' obvious.

Like, yeah it got a couple people, but then you had folks like me who just rolled their eyes and ignored it outright.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So not that I really care all that much, but apparently it caused quite the stir over here, so I decided to clarify very quickly without actually going into too much detail...something that we all know I struggle with.

1. I don't actually think Ultimate is a trash game. I've been on record around here throwing shade at games like Anthem, Fallout 76, and Sword and Shield, and none of them are in Ultimate's league in terms of effort put in. It was a ****post meant to get a rise out of people and to cause intrigue on clarification, but I'm not surprised that it only did the former and not the latter. In other words, we do a little trolling, but also it was a bait to make people want to know what I meant, but I was silly because I should have known the audience better.

2. Ultimate is in fact a rushed game when focusing on the base game alone, although arguments could be made for DLC as well. Too many things point towards a rushed production that needed more time in the oven, it just so happens that Sakurai and those he worked with have experience with rushed products and are damn good at what they do. See basically every Smash title for proof of Sakurai's experience in this field.

3. I've found a number of similarities between Ultimate's production and Melee's production and results. It's actually quite fascinating, and it strengthens my claim massively as Melee was also incredibly rushed.

4. Rather than pointlessly talk about things here, I think after I get a couple of life things straightened out, I'm going to take the time to make a video talking about this. Every Smashtuber wants to speculate DLC, or play the game, or talk about different portions of Smash's history...but I have yet to see anyone talk about Smash's history of being a rushed product outside of talking about cut characters. I think this is an important topic that can help people realize that Ultimate could have been so much more if they just gave it a little more time, but Nintendo was too worried about another WiiU to let Sakurai make any delays.

5. This has renewed my hopes for more content, but more out of a weird sort of desperation for Ultimate to be what it was supposed to be: the penultimate, clearly best Smash game, with tons of content and so many dream characters making it in. A true tribute to what Iwata wanted, something Sakurai COULD (not that he will) retire on and look back with pride instead of something Nintendo forced him to push out they year after the console's launch with DLC that is trying to fill in the holes caused by an early launch.

6. EDIT: I shouldn't need to mentioned this, but no, I'm not saying anything of this because Geno isn't in the game. I know you guys think that all my critical thinking somehow ties to the character I want, but all my thoughts with Smash in the past month have been thinking about just about everything other than specifically the character I want. Obviously if the game hadn't been rushed, that would in some way benefit his chances, sure. However, when I said that we all suffer from a lack of due production time, it's because not only the characters people want but just also the game itself as a whole could have had more fleshed out content in it. By pushing the game out to sell the Switch early, we lost the opportunity for a fuller game. It could have been EVEN BETTER!
I think if you want to have a conversation about the development times versus the ambitions of Smash games and their "rushed nature", that's a fine and valid conversation to have... but your original post was literally self described click bait that also went beyond out of its way to highlight the game needing more requests, so you literally had malicious intent in your original post and failed to recognize the medium indeed can be the message, so a trolling **** post is what people saw and responded to. That in no way, shape, or form was a good faith way to start a conversation about the topic you had and I know you know that.

I also think you're making a mistake in thinking that "cut content" is more indicative of a rushed game rather than it just being a reality that Sakurai and company have always, literally always, had greater ambitions for their content than their development time could sustain. Just because modes came back as post launch DLC also doesn't mean that wasn't planned from the start as a way to focus on the meat and potatoes of "Everyone is Here" and then building on the base. That's not a rushed product, that's just a product with different priorities.

And I'm so, so tired of seeing people use Iwata as their own personal justification for things. Iwata asked Sakurai to make a Smash game, and he made the best selling Smash game of all time that got fantastic critical reception and has been beloved by fans for literal years now almost universally. I think that's more than enough and shouldn't be manipulated by fans desperate to prove a point. And I similarly think Sakurai is more than content with most of the roster and getting to make this game with its insanely high number of characters and fanfare for them all, having worked with the greatest IPs in the Japanese gaming industry and making literally impossible stuff happen that no one else got to do, culminating in one final game that has it all if he does retire. Yeah, no, I think you not only lack sufficient evidence to prove any sort of Sakurai discontent, I think you're just fully projecting personal beliefs and readings on to the situation given literally all the actual evidence points to the contrary.

Shroob

Sup?
Sometimes, I think people get too caught up on the name "Ultimate."

And forget that in Japan, its home country, it's not called that, it's called "Special".

And yeah, Smash Ult/Special/whatever you wanna call it sure is special. 100+ stages, almost 90 characters, 25 hours worth of music? That's 100% special. No Smash game has ever done, or will ever do, that again.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I also just really hope one day that people will come to recognize that somebody who has supported a character for 15 years and some kid in high school who just started wanting a character are 100% equal if they buy the content and there's no like extra bonus points for supporting a character on forums for years. A brand new fan request is exactly as valid as one that's been around since the Brawl days.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I also just really hope one day that people will come to recognize that somebody who has supported a character for 15 years and some kid in high school who just started wanting a character are 100% equal if they buy the content and there's no like extra bonus points for supporting a character on forums for years. A brand new fan request is exactly as valid as one that's been around since the Brawl days.
Even so, we got 3 characters that have been popular requests for years now. I think too many people are taking that for granted.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
With a few more months of development Ultimate wouldn't have looked like the other Smash games anyway, because the conception from the jump was clearly to streamline development by focusing on returning elements instead of new ones. It used Smash 4 as a direct base and focused on veterans and old stages. It may have done so to compensate for Nintendo wanting to curtail the Wii U and bring the Switch to market with enough major software to appeal to consumers, but given the scope for Ultimate was just different than a normal Smash sequel, and yet the development time was basically the same, you could argue it was rushed from a conceptual standpoint, but from a practical perspective it just aimed for a different target, and seemed to deliver on the basis for which it strove.

I mean it may have been rushed a little bit, insofar as not everything made it for launch, and the launch was conspicuously late in Q4 for the big holiday title, but all that stuff has been resolved by now. It wouldn't have changed the part you're talking about, character-wise.

So to have received the game you envision, you'd not need a few more months, you'd need an entirely different project plan, which would extrapolate to an entirely different reality with Nintendo's hardware. And even then this is just a theory. It's possible even if Wii U had lasted longer and Switch had showed up later, this is still the direction they would've moved in.

Staarih

Smash Master
I know this (apparently) isn't about Geno not making it in, but I also kinda feel we wouldn't be here talking about Ultimate being "a rushed game" etc if he was in...

It's OK to point things out in games we're not satisfied with but with Smash it's often colored by disappointment of a "most wanted" not making it in. It's weird to me to think that only older fans with character requests from 15+ years should be catered to, when new fans are just as important. As for being a "rushed game", well, then pretty much every Smash game is rushed because of clones/echoes/cut content etc. It all really comes down to priorities, at least we now have DLC as a thing to help things out. Anyway, it really doesn't make Ultimate any more rushed than any other game - having any more dev time wouldn't equate to magically fulfilling all old dream requests.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I see we’re talking about ultimates modes and content. WOL is cool and all but I wish sakurai just copy and pasted subspace emissary into ultimate instead. No graphic upgrades, no changes. Just classic fashioned subspace emissary.

other than that I’d say the game is quite solid. Subspace emissary being able to be played on the go in handheld would offer soo much replay ability.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I know this (apparently) isn't about Geno not making it in, but I also kinda feel we wouldn't be here talking about Ultimate being "a rushed game" etc if he was in...

It's OK to point things out in games we're not satisfied with but with Smash it's often colored by disappointment of a "most wanted" not making it in. It's weird to me to think that only older fans with character requests from 15+ years should be catered to, when new fans are just as important. As for being a "rushed game", well, then pretty much every Smash game is rushed because of clones/echoes/cut content etc. It all really comes down to priorities, at least we now have DLC as a thing to help things out. Anyway, it really doesn't make Ultimate any more rushed than any other game - having any more dev time wouldn't equate to magically fulfilling all old dream requests.
There is definitely an air about, I don't want to say entitlement, because it's not 100% that, but there's definitely a lot of "I've been supporting this character for over a Decade, and Nintendo has done a poor job feeding people like me", and I've noticed this grow, a lot as of late.

I mean, I get it, having a MW, campaigning for them for years, and not getting them sucks, but at this point, a lot of the Brawl old guard's MWs are all in the game in one way or another, just not as playable. That, and the base game was basically an utter feast in regards to them.

I definitely understand wanting more picks that appeal to the 'hardcore' crowd, but can you really fault Nintendo for trying to rope in a wider, fresh audience, instead of a small vocal minority that have stuck with the game for 15 years? I can't.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I see we’re talking about ultimates modes and content. WOL is cool and all but I wish sakurai just copy and pasted subspace emissary into ultimate instead. No graphic upgrades, no changes. Just classic fashioned subspace emissary.

other than that I’d say the game is quite solid. Subspace emissary being able to be played on the go in handheld would offer soo much replay ability.
No, people would leak cutscenes and that's why we don't get story mode way back in Smash 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom