• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Hey so the news section of the Kirby site has replaced everything with a Lorem Ipsum placeholder and all the articles are Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis for some bizarre reason
The Official Home of Kirby™ - News (nintendo.com)
My assumption is that there's something new coming up that they started editing in advance or something but why is frigging Kafka a placeholder for a Kirby website
That happened the same with animal crossing a long time ago and even today it remains the same
Okay, now this is absurd.

It kinda begs the question why they even keep the websites up whe-

Next Kirby game turns out to be "Kirby in The Trial."

trial.png

:4pacman:

(I know, quick job in Paint.Net, but still.)

I guess we can take GTA in Smash seriously after all...
"ALL WE HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE DAMN TRAIN, C-"

Smoke turns around, sees that CJ is holding and inspecting a certain letter,

Cue trailer.

Imagine people’s reaction if a GTA character ends up being a playable character in a Smash game.
It would be all over the place, and I'm pretty sure some would ask how Sakurai managed to convince CERO that GTA characters could be in a 10+-rated game.

Which is a good question.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Just realized something

If this rumors turns out to be true, announcing the trilogy at the September Nintendo Direct would be good timing, especially since part of the rumor suggests an October/November release.
If anything, the Indie World plus the rumor mill picking up again is probably a good indicator that a Direct is coming next month.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
All this Rockstar talk reminds me of the fake "leaker" on Twitter who said CP10 was Dante, and 11 was Arthur Morgan from RDR2, while also saying Cp10's Mii Wave would include Dovahkiin

Funny enough, dude got the latter part "right", but yea. Remember that leak. Good times.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
At this point I'm, like, 80% sure there's gonna be a direct next month. There is way too much suspicious activity going on in the Nintendosphere lately, it's surreal. Kafkaesque, perhaps? I kid...

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Let me enlighten y'all with possibility
CJ is Pack 11
Officer Tenpenny is a stage cameo character with audible voice lines
Tenpenny is voiced by Sam L. Jackson
Jackson is Smash canon
just hearing the words “Samuel L Jackson” and “canon” gives me flashbacks to how everyone theorised that the incredibles was canon to the mcu because of the “wears my super suit” scene being practically the same as the ending of infinity war.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
That happened the same with animal crossing a long time ago and even today it remains the same
https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/8aohna
I didn't know about that, though... while this is true, Animal Crossing's news page has actually been fixed, the specific placeholder page is still around but the main news page is normal right now.
Instead Kirby's news page is still all filled with placeholder text last time I checked, even the main news page. Also, partially unrelated but, when that happend to Animal Crossing in 2018, New Horizon was still yet to be announced, though it took another year for even a teaser (after the Isabelle Smash trailer), so even if the works on the page are related to a new announcement, this does not mean that the announcement will be near.

Next year will be the 30th anniversary of the series and there will almost certainly be a new major game within one year from now... they might be working on the site in preparation for the anniversary or something... (it will be during next year's spring so there's a lot of time left still).

There's also the thing that I said earlier about Twitter: for a few months, they keept a post with advertising of the artbook of Kirby Star Allies pinned to the top of the official page, but some days ago they unpinned it. We're getting close to september, and in the last few years, september has been the time for some Kirby spin-offs to be announced: Super Kirby Clash was released at the beginning of september 2019, and Kirby Fighters 2 got released late during September 2020; the marketing of both games on the twitter page lasted for one year each, after that the banner at the top of the page was changed with the one of the newer game and the amount of promotional posts of the previous game decreased consistently. If this is also true for Fighters 2, they will probably stop focusing on the game around september to leave space for something new, that could still be a spin-off but we are not sure.

There's a rumored Kirby 3D title in the work and while most people think that it will be the next mainline title, I can totally see it being the next spin-off announced next month and being an upgrade of Blowout Blast with abilities and more content; it will probably be the game that will fill the space until the anniversary game will actually come out. Speculation, obviously.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Grand Theft Auto: Mute City

The Captain Falcon game I never knew I needed until now.
I'm so conflicted with this new information that I've been given. On one hand, it would be the coolest thing ever to see Rockstar and Nintendo make an open world F-Zero game but on the other hand, I can't even bear to imagine Captain Falcon running on the streets and hijacking other people's machines. It doesn't feel right and I'd feel dirty but I just can't say I don't want this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom