• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Hey guys, if I may ask, whoever it is that you want for Smash as the last DLC, what do you hope for? Not just the character, but what stage and music, and Mii Costumes do you want along with it?

EDIT: 2000 pages!

I’m hoping for one of these 4

an AT upgrade

a sonic rep

king boo

professor Layton or just any level 5 content

In terms of music I can’t really speak on the topic of sonic music (apart from I want all I am to come with a sonic rep) or AT music or Luigi Manson music since I don’t listen to much sonic music or wouldn’t know what tracks to bring with the AT or king boo

However Layton content is where I’m most comfortable at. There’s a good 40 tracks that fit into smash and don’t need remixes. Would love them to be added but I’d think he’d probably come with 30

Mii costumes that I’d like the character to come with would be

eggman gunner
Jibanyan beawler
Gooigi brawler
Fortnite Jonsey gunner
Ryu hayabusa swordsman
And a shadow the hedgehog deluxe depending on which character made it in out of the ones in hope for.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey guys, if I may ask, whoever it is that you want for Smash as the last DLC, what do you hope for? Not just the character, but what stage and music, and Mii Costumes do you want along with it?

Any of these as the fighter:
  • Octoling or Off the Hook
  • Elma (unlikely thanks to Pyra/Mythra. If I can’t get her, at least let there be a three stage bonus pack with an X stage and music)
  • Neku Sakuraba (only if Square double dips)
  • League of Legends character (prefer Ahri or Jinx the most)
  • Reimu Hakurei

For the stages, anything appropriate to each fighter I guess. I’ll have to make lists for the music for each, I’ll do so later.

as for miis:
  • Indie Swordfighter with a song (probably Hollow Knight or Zagreus. Maybe Hat Kid? Or even Kris Deltarune?)
  • Monokuma (Brawler)
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Swordfighter)
  • Uhhh I honestly don’t know or care go nuts at this point

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know it’d be funny if the last detail of the LoL rumor comes true (The Knight Mii with Sealed Vessel remix) but our last character isn’t from LoL

it really do be Dante In Base 2.0 if true

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman

Either Shadow or Raiden (the last feasible choices I have left) would make my day

As for what songs? Anything from MGR (and please don't "remix" anything like you did with Mishima's Dojo, those songs already are perfection) would be bonkers, but I want "It Has to be this Way" the most.

With Sonic music you can't go wrong as well, but Radical Highway is a personal favorite of mine.

For Stages, I want something more visually distinctive from the Sonic series, like Radical Highway (again). From MGR there aren't many interesting locations tbh.

Idc about miis

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Welp, we did it. Thats 2000 pages of Smash Speculation.

How do we feel about Hollow Knights chances of getting a mii? Its decently well requested and would work perfectly with Swordfighter.
Hey, didn't Volume I commit lock after ~2000 pages? Are we about to be on our way to Volume III?
For reference the previous Newcomer thread clocked in at... 4837 pages (March 2018 - December 2020). So in total, ca 6837 pages of speculation.

And really, I'd be in favor if this site adopted Alternatehistory.com's policy of allowing max 500 pages per thread. Edit: Because otherwise threads become massively draining for the servers (which is why the first Newcomer thread closed IIRC). One particular series of threads is up to its CLXXXVIII'th (188th) thread totalling ca. 93500 pages as of this writing. Not kidding.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Didn’t that happen at around 5000?
Oh OK. Never mind then.

For reference the previous Newcomer thread clocked in at... 4837 pages (March 2018 - December 2020). So in total, ca 6837 pages of speculation.

And really, I'd be in favor if this site adopted Alternatehistory.com's policy of allowing max 500 pages per thread. One particular series of threads is up to its CLXXXVIII'th (188th) thread totalling ca. 93500 pages as of this writing. Not kidding.
I feel like speculation would have forced to end on this site 3-4 months in if they did that...

That or we'd be on our 14th volume.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Well stage and music depends on the character, but I’d love to see a Shovel Knight Mii Costume!

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Paper Mario
-Rogueport
-Mii Costume? Umm.... kinda hard to see it working

Isaac
-Venus Lighthouse
-Mii costume: Garet

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Fighter: Isaac
Alt: Matthew
Stage: Venus Lighthouse
Music: Isaac Battle, Saturos Battle, Venus Lighthouse, Book One, The Elemental Stars, Fight of Sons...I could go on.
Miis: Felix (Swordfighter), Sveta (Brawler)

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace

A Bandai-Namco rep just to see the reactions of a third party company double dipping in the same pass.

As for specific candidates, either Agumon from Digimon or Chosen Undead from Dark Souls. Both can be very fun fighters with unique ideas.

For Mii costumes, Shovel or Hollow Knight swordfighter and a Sackboy brawler, just for having something from Sony in Smash.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
A Bandai-Namco rep just to see the reactions of a third party company double dipping in the same pass.

As for specific candidates, either Agumon from Digimon or Chosen Undead from Dark Souls. Both can be very fun fighters with unique ideas.
ngl I thought both these and many more namco chars would be on the roster by now after they worked on 2 installments

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I don't want to bring up the situation that may have caused it to close (for those who probably know what I'm talking about)

But I noticed Volume I went up to over 2500 pages.

So I think this one will last for a while

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Fighters with stages:
Sgt. Cortez with Space Station
Axel Stone with a Streets stage
Klonoa with the windmill stage

Mii costumes:
Yooka Laylee
Spark the Electric Jester
Lost Vikings
Ark (Terranigma)
Cormano

So basically, things that are never going to happen... except for Sgt. Cortez.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
So, did anyone like my gift on Page 1998?
You know that video that asks to keep your eye on a group of people passing a basketball around, but you get so focused on the basketball you miss the fact theres a dude chilling in a gorilla costume halfway through?

That was what it felt like finding the post on that page.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Amaterasu
Crash Bandicoot
Master Chief
Phoenix Wright

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
You know that video that asks to keep your eye on a group of people passing a basketball around, but you get so focused on the basketball you miss the fact theres a dude chilling in a gorilla costume halfway through?

That was what it felt like finding the post on that page.
It was the one with this:

SKX31

Smash Master
So basically, things that are never going to happen... except for Sgt. Cortez.
Time to (do the) Split!

I'm pretty okay with most anything, but to take my MW:

* Dota 2 representative (if not the water elemental Morphling, I'm willing to take what I can get due to how unlikely the game is - in particular, the burst-intensive fire mage Lina, the massively egocentric master of magic Invoker or the teleporting damage-dealer Anti-Mage).

* Roshan's Pit or the Secret Shop as stage. Either location would have something - whether the stage boss Roshan or the ability to "buy" items with a gold system similar to how people gather coins in Golden Plains.

* The base game's music is here, and additional tracks can come from later composed sources such as the OST (the track Spoils of War here) and the recently-released Nemestice battle pass.

* As for Mii Costumes.. hmm... all right, not going for the most requested characters of other Valve properties, so Atlas / P-Body (Portal 2), Alyx (Half-Life), and Engineer (TF2). Oh and Sniper (Dota 2).

* If DLC ATs were a thing I'd choose Dota 2's Magnus - the game's centaur / rhino hybrid. Not just for the insane 4 sec AoE stun that is Reverse Polarity (which groups everyone caught in its huge windbox together, then stuns them in front of Magnus): Magnus could also use Empower to buff the player's character's damage and give cleave on top, send Shockwaves that likewise pull caught enemies together, and then charge with his Skewer - anyone caught in the Skewer gets pulled along Magnus' horn.

*(Seriously considered Saxton Hale, but dunno if that would work.)

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

I got a few
This ranges from content of any kind, meaning if they even get spirits I'll be very happy. I'll list my top 10 of these

1) Skylanders characters
2) Tracer
3) Master Chief
4) Red from Angry Birds
5) Scorpion
6) Garchomp (let me dream, been my favorite Pokemon for years)
7) Crazy Dave
8) Spyro
9) Reiko Nagase (Ridge Racer)
10) An Apex Legend (Ya know, if they do Gibraltar, that'd be SICK)

Music... Hm

Skylanders has some good tracks:

Angry Birds theme remixed would be kinda fun lol
Halo theme ofc
And dear god Ridge Racer music is something else

Apex Legends' theme
MK theme
OW theme, especially a remix of the 2014 Orchestral version (yes that's a thing)
And "Zombies on your Lawn"

And Stages:
Ridge Racer 64's first track
Skylands
Angry Birds' first ever level
The Pit from MK
I'll take Celestic Town for a Garchomp stage LOL

Edit:

SUCH A BOP ITS A CRIME

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So did we ever figure out why the videos were privated?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
nope, it doesn't make any sense and there's no clear reason why they've suddenly launched such a focused effort across all regions except japan to take down the video
Especially considering it's only this video. As far as I can tell and have heard, there aren't any other Nintendo videos that have been taken down like this.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway it's all because they don't want to cause confusion with the 8/8 2021 direct where they reveal octoling as the final fighter, where the trailer will be like the one that revealed ultimate back in march 2018 except now the entire roster will be visible in front of the flames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom