• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Only difference I found is that Inkling is named Agent 3 using the yellow alternate costume in the Japanese version. Apparently, I used the Smash wiki to find that.
latest(36).png

Bit of an error there. The costume is not referred to as Agent 3 in-game, but there was a Japanese Nintendo Direct in which the costume was specifically referred to as Agent 3.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
As someone who was too young at the time of melee and never played it I’m quite sad to see that it wasn’t brought back for ultimate. Would’ve loved to play break the targets to get an idea of why everyone loved it soo much.
The hype was so real some of these runs are just bonkers amazing...

I can't find the snake one from brawl that Nintendo shared during the online era... But it was probably my favorite to watch.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Wait.
We're assuming that this 8.8 thing has to do with Smash.

Maybe they've got another direct of some kind planned around the same time.
Unless it's a different kind of game-specific Direct, I'd imagine it would still have something to do with Smash. Hard to imagine a general Direct right now without some kind of Smash news in it.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Waddaya mean they ran out of ideas? This centaur gremlin design is great! Maybe a bit too purple, but still nice.
Well yes I will admit that the design for that character (name Mysticat) is good.

I did cross out my statement though, because I was joking and also because I genuinely don't think it's 100% true. Even with their last mainline game, Imaginators had some good character designs. Heck, there were some SICK designs in each game imo.
Here's one character from Swap Force (Mainline Game #3) I just adore gameplay and design wise: Free Ranger

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hang on, let me dust this off real quick...

View attachment 325207

There we go.

When did Sakurai say this?

I know there was some confusion last summer when some people misinterpreted his "We're not sure how many we'll be able to make" comment. They thought he was talking about having to skip characters, but the translation just got kinda bungled. He meant "We aren't sure of the quantity", i.e. they'll make all of the main fighters, but (most likely due to COVID and overall demand) supply might be low on these last ones. He might have even been giving us a heads up that there would be no "Player 2" figures like there were with Cloud, Corrin, and Bayo.

He even made a comment in this last Sakurai Presents about Nintendo making Kazuya's amiibo. I wouldn't worry. I know Nintendo has made baffling decisions in the past, but to just drop one of their most popular physical products right at the end would be stupid even for them.
It seems like it may have been the translation issue. I do hope indeed they don't drop it- but if they aren't going to, I honestly don't even want to know. For this purpose, I have not rewatched that part of the Min Min amiibo announcement.

It's probably just a massive coincidence (its three year anniversary is coming up on Sunday - coincidentally Sunday is also the day the Olympic Closing Ceremony is held as well), but likewise, I do wonder why they decided to take down only that video and no other Smash Direct.

In b4 another Bloody Tears / Monster Dance happens at the Olympic Closing Ceremony somehow. :4pacman:
Hmmm... it would be brilliant for them to reveal something at the Olympics. I actually had not considered this.

SKX31

Smash Master
Hilariously, this is also a bad option for Twelve.
The fact that his projectile can be punished by the opponent after said opponent is hit by it is just depressing.

Even Nintendo Direct Minis can have Smash news. The first character of Fighter's Pass 2 being an ARMS character was revealed in a Mini.

Who's ready for another round of "Guess Who?"
Hey, pass opened with a guessing game

only fair it ends with one
Starts chanting "Pokemon (Unite) guessing game", "LoL guessing game" and "Azur Lane guessing game" like an insane mantra.

:4pacman:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The fact that his projectile can be punished bvy the opponent after said opponent is hit by it is just depressing.

Stars chanting "Pokemon (Unite) guessing game", "LoL guessing game" and "Azur Lane guessing game" like an insane mantra.

:4pacman:
Broke: LoL guessing game
Woke: Pokémon guessing game (Unite only)
Bespoke: Dragalia Lost guessing game
GALAXY BRAIN: Splatoon guessing game. See, seeing how the ARMS guessing went, this could be an inversion. You’d think it would be someone more off the wall like Off the Hook (pun unintended), Squid Sisters or DJ Octavio but surprise! It was the “obvious” choice aka Octoling all along!

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Even Nintendo Direct Minis can have Smash news. The first character of Fighter's Pass 2 being an ARMS character was revealed in a Mini.

Who's ready for another round of "Guess Who?"
If that is the case, I wonder which IPs would be better suited for this sort of thing. My best guesses would be:
-Fire Emblem
-Rhythm Heaven
-Pokemon
-Maybe Digimon?
-Maybe Kirby?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The fact that his projectile can be punished bvy the opponent after said opponent is hit by it is just depressing.
Of course, this was the only character I had any real interest in. Good thing I never even got past the skill floor of actually figuring out how to combo things! :4pacman:

Woke: Pokémon guessing game (Unite only)
No. Broke. Very broke. We do not need a Garchomp Vs. Cinderace war.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We do not need a Garchomp Vs. Cinderace war.
"no you fools! they'll take us all by surprise and add Crustle!"
"but Gardevoir and Gengar are mega popular too!"
"Alolan Ninetales would be more unique and still a super popular choice!"
"heheheh what if they add blissey when she gets added to unite enjoy your healing fighter"

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Remember guys - not everything revolves around Smash. The next thing we’re getting will probably be an Indie Showcase. They do one every year around this time
I don't doubt we will get an Indie Showcase this month. But that doesn't explain why they suddenly removed this Direct, which is Smash related. I'm betting on a mistake but as said previously that's a pretty big one lol

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You know one minor thing I'm glad that Super Smash Bros. doesn't have? A stage where background characters nearly fall over every time someone gets a knockdown nearby. It's a weird thing that probably bothers me and only me, but it's one of my pet peeves nonetheless.

I think the biggest reason as to why I hate this is because I find it distracting, but also...I'm not really sold that the impact of someone falling over would cause a tremor so massive that everyone nearly falls over, especially since the effect doesn't apply to the opponent.

Last edited:
I don't doubt we will get an Indie Showcase this month. But that doesn't explain why they suddenly removed this Direct, which is Smash related. I'm betting on a mistake but as said previously that's a pretty big one lol
Don’t random things like this happen all the time? And doesn’t it usually end up being nothing? Could be preparation for whenever they’re ready for the next reveal. Doesn’t mean anything has to happen anytime soon

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Of course, this was the only character I had any real interest in. Good thing I never even got past the skill floor of actually figuring out how to combo things! :4pacman:

No. Broke. Very broke. We do not need a Garchomp Vs. Cinderace war.
You’re right, we need Gengar! :094:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
You know one minor thing I'm glad that Super Smash Bros. doesn't have? A stage where background characters nearly fall over every time someone gets a knockdown nearby. It's a weird thing that probably bothers me and only me, but it's one of my pet peeves nonetheless.

I think the biggest reason as to why I hate this is because I find it distracting, but also...I'm not really sold that the impact of someone falling over would cause a tremor so massive that everyone nearly falls over, especially since the effect doesn't apply to the opponent.
This is an extraordinarily specific thing and I have no idea what other game has this.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Saw someone on Twitter say this. This probably the reason to why it’s been made private I guessView attachment 325241
Well, what do you know, Rynosukes extremely advanced detection technique called "jumping to conclusions" was absolutely correct

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Saw someone on Twitter say this. This probably the reason to why it’s been made private I guessView attachment 325241
I thought this at first too but after giving it some thought I don't think that's the case:
  • The August 2018 video wasn't unlisted AFAIK. We recently rated Ashley in the RTC thread and I searched up the Direct to see her AT segment, so it was definitely there up until a few days ago.
  • Smash Directs usually aren't unlisted as is the case of the November 2018 Direct which is still up as of now.
  • This Smash 4 video from 2014 is unlisted and hasn't gone private as per the Google update.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, if I may ask, whoever it is that you want for Smash as the last DLC, what do you hope for? Not just the character, but what stage and music, and Mii Costumes do you want along with it?

EDIT: 2000 pages!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom