• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
This is the second time in like 3 days you complained about this very thing. Just ignore it

Sidenote I watched M2K's reaction to the presentation and he did not recognize Skyrim. Suddenly I'm reminded of MissClick being the only person to recognize that Fallout was getting a Mii Costume despite a bunch of people here dismissing her as an egirl streamer thot who doesn't play games lmao
I mean, she wasn't the ONLY person to recognize it was Fallout before we saw Vault Boy

Sorry, that has nothing to do with anything. MissClick is alright by me, haha.

There were a FEW reactions today that didn't recognize Dovahkiin. Introducing the costume on Kapp'N's Bus as a reference to the "prisoner on a wagon" intro to Skyrim was kind of brilliant.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Open spots for what? Source/Context?
The notifications that pop up in the game's news menu when a character is released. It's stuff like:

-Version 12 is available now!
-Kazuya is available now!
-Fighters Pass advertisement
-Lloyd Mii costume
-Dante Mii costume
-Dragonborn Mii costume
-Shantae Mii costume
-???
-???
-latest Nintendo Online Subscription bonus

Those updates tend to have specific numbering, so we know there were six unknown spaces between Kazuya's update and the latest online bonus. (not counting the stuff that's consistently there when a new fighter releases) The Mii costumes take up four of those, and previously, it's been stuff like the Sephiroth Challenge or the spirits for Sophie and Arthur (where you get a new spirit for owning a certain game).

It could be that those spirits are being added into the regular rotation (and, in Sophie's case, being added to Joker's spirit board), but they don't usually announce it when that happens.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The notifications that pop up in the game's news menu when a character is released. It's stuff like:

-Version 12 is available now!
-Kazuya is available now!
-Fighters Pass advertisement
-Lloyd Mii costume
-Dante Mii costume
-Dragonborn Mii costume
-Shantae Mii costume
-???
-???
-latest Nintendo Online Subscription bonus

Those updates tend to have specific numbering, so we know there were six unknown spaces between Kazuya's update and the latest online bonus. The Mii costumes take up four of those, and previously, it's been stuff like the Sephiroth Challenge or the spirits for Sophie and Arthur (where you get a new spirit for owning a certain game).

It could be that those spirits are being added into the regular rotation (and, in Sophie's case, being added to Joker's spirit board), but they don't usually announce it when that happens.
Did they have a spot for Sans’s Megalovania song or Cuphead’s song?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Did they have a spot for Sans’s Megalovania song or Cuphead’s song?
I don't recall - from what I remember, the fact that it included a song was part of the description for the costume, so I don't think they did. However, I don't have the site on-hand. It should be the same as what was shown in the News section of the Smash Ultimate game, so I can check that when I get the chance. (and change this if it turns out that the songs got a separate entry)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
As far as SEGA is concerned, I have a hard time viewing the character as anything but SMT tbh.

Not necessarily the SMTV protag, but SMTV is Switch exclusive and they pushed out Noc HD on the Switch(Alongside other platforms).

I don't think a 2nd Sonic rep is likely, my own personal opinion, and Arle is.... well, I get Puyo's big, but at the same time... eh?

Like, SMTV was, if nothing else, announced the same day the Switch was, meaning that Sega was pushing it to be a "Big deal" in regards to the Switch, and both Nintendo and Atlus are hyping the hell out of it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, from the first Mario Kart game we had a Koopa Troopa.

Not exactly that odd. It's when the Metals(beyond Metal Mario at best, which isn't even consistently liked these days) and the tons of random Babies showed up that Mario Kart rosters began to get some heat. It doesn't help that while the enemies are iconic, the random quick clones are not. Whereas various returning veterans/other notable characters aren't treated that differently. Among the various races/species, the closest thing to annoyance from fans was Honey Queen, and that's only cause Waluigi wasn't there at the same time, making it seem like she replaced him as the oddball personality character. Albeit, Metal Mario too to a lesser degree(but people warmed up to him for not just being a quick clone, but actually having his own personality).

It'd be cool if WarioWare finally got some proper appearances in the Mario series beyond light cameos at most. It's the only Mario spin-off(to any degree) to completely separate itself from the Mario universe. Albeit, Mario is actually a Donkey Kong spin-off, but you get what I mean. Yoshi is only an honorable franchise separately, though it at least has its own style/aesthetics, and there's still a few enemies who haven't appeared in Mario, I think?

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
I kind of hope an SMT character doesn't get in. Like I love SMT but if the SMT V protag gets in that game and the MC will get hate for decades.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Hold up
We've been speculating on the SMT V protagonist as CP11
Don't forget about the possibility of that same character getting a Mii Swordfighter outfit.

YOU NEVER KNOW

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't know if they would do another Roy situation, especially with a third party. They've never had a third party shillpick before. 3rd party reps are chosen differently compared to 1st parties.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As far as SEGA is concerned, I have a hard time viewing the character as anything but SMT tbh.

Not necessarily the SMTV protag, but SMTV is Switch exclusive and they pushed out Noc HD on the Switch(Alongside other platforms).

I don't think a 2nd Sonic rep is likely, my own personal opinion, and Arle is.... well, I get Puyo's big, but at the same time... eh?

Like, SMTV was, if nothing else, announced the same day the Switch was, meaning that Sega was pushing it to be a "Big deal" in regards to the Switch, and both Nintendo and Atlus are hyping the hell out of it.
My pipedream is a Shining Force character. Poor guys can't even appear in the Sega All-Stars Racing games. D: I mean, franchise is that dead, and admittedly not the most iconic, so I get it.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't know if they would do another Roy situation, especially with a third party. They've never had a third party shillpick before. 3rd party reps are chosen differently compared to 1st parties.
I mean, doesn't have to be the V protagonist. 3 is right there and just got a port of his game on the Switch, and is arguably the post popular entry of the series.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I mean, doesn't have to be the V protagonist. 3 is right there and just got a port of his game on the Switch, and is arguably the post popular entry of the series.
That would be like adding Lyn to promote Three Houses, or adding Eevee to promote Sword and Shield.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That's three serious disconfirmations at the least.

Oof.

I seriously have no idea who else to expect at this point. This limits the third-party options, at least.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
So you're saying Dante was a misdirect, Heihachi style, and an SMT character is now confirmed?
..No?

I'm suggesting that in general, a SMT character could show up in forms OTHER than playable. Hence, why I said "could be a sword fighter outfit".

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Really hoping the final character will be a mascot. the most of this pass didn’t have that much variety other than steve. And Sakurai was foreshadowing about more characters like banjo in his presentation
I expect CP11 to be Chun-Li, so I don't think that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Really hoping the final character will be a mascot. the most of this pass didn’t have that much variety other than steve. And Sakurai was foreshadowing about more characters like banjo in his presentation
You'll get your mascot...
as a taunt-summon like Morgana and Slime.

jack frost im gonna kill you.jpg

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm honestly not really expecting the SMTV protagonist. I know that Byleth and Corrin have got the idea of a promotional character for the end in our heads, but even when compared to them he'd be pushing it as unless the Fighter is heavily delayed they'll release potentially two months away from SMTV and unlike even Corrin he wouldn't even be released in Japan to have some established fanbase to fall back on. Also, it doesn't really fit with how they've approached Third Parties so far as all of them have been pre-established characters and even the Luminary was already released on other consoles and was paired with other older protagonists.

If we get someone from SMT I'm still banking on it being Demi-fiend or Flynn, especially the former as he's already been established to be a very popular protagonist from the franchise and recently got a updated rerelease this year.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm just gonna assume it'll be a mascot (regardless of the game genre) or a Pokemon at this point, Spirit Events aside.

I have nothing else to go off of (and even if there are/were leaks about the last character at this point, I wouldn't really care. I stopped caring about leaks years ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom