• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilord

Smash Ace
So who are you guys hoping the last character will be? Not a prediction but someone you want it to be?

Depend on how realistic I'm being.

Hope? - Legendary Trainer - Could happen, ends on a big franchise and a 'big' character (three in one) but a first-party promotional one

Absurd? - Agumon - We're not getting another Bandai Namco rep but if we did it would be them

Ludicrous? - Shadow - The odds of upgrading not just any Assist Trophy but this particular one, when there are other awesome Sonic characters, ain't good

Fantasy? - Team Lora - Even if we somehow, someway did get a third (fourth?) Xenoblade rep it would be Elma

Dream? - Buck Bumble - Dreams are random and chaotic

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think if anyone from SMT would show up, I'd say Demi-fiend makes a bit more sense to me.

The SMT V protagonist, to my knowledge and after trying to find it, has a species name but the character himself has no revealed name yet. Unless that name is revealed soon, and unless the Cp11 reveal is sometime in late October, November, or December (to compensate for SMT V's release date) I can't see him happening.
I mean, Demi-Fiend is also a species name.

They're part human, part demon, and you get to name them whatever you want, they're only called Demi-Fiend by demons who know of their half and half nature.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I mean, Demi-Fiend is also a species name.

They're part human, part demon, and you get to name them whatever you want, they're only called Demi-Fiend by demons who know of their half and half nature.
I see.
That makes a lot of sense.
So in that case, since the species of the SMTV dude is called "Nahobino", that would have to be his name if chosen.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Phoenix Wright/Miles Edgeworth as Fighter 11, Steve/Alex style! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The lawyers just decide to give up the law books and just beat the tar out of you instead.
Bro Pheonix and his boyfriend- I mean rival would make a perfect team

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Suddenly I'm reminded of MissClick being the only person to recognize that Fallout was getting a Mii Costume despite a bunch of people here dismissing her as an egirl streamer thot who doesn't play games lmao
D-do they not pay attention that the streams, speculates on games with fellow YouTubers like Spawn Wave, and can RECOGNIZE GAME SONGS LIKE FALLOUT THEMES AND ONE WINGED ANGEL!?

People these days lol

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Phoenix Wright/Miles Edgeworth as Fighter 11, Steve/Alex style! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The lawyers just decide to give up the law books and just beat the tar out of you instead.
Add in Apollo and Athena there too, Hero style, (or I guess Steve/Alex/Zombie/Enderman, although I'd like them to have equal costumes like Hero more), since all the lawyers pretty much can play the same way anyway.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Was there some discussion on "deluxe Miis" earlier? It's been hard to keep track of this thread today.
I think the problem is that Sans and Cuphead, which originated the concept, were both packaged with a music track and completely covered the Mii face to make them much more "realistic." As such, there's some inconsistency among people regarding whether a deluxe Mii needs to be the former, the latter, or both.

Vault Boy and Bomberman cover the Mii face but don't get music tracks. Are they deluxe?
Shantae gets a music track but her Mii face is still visible. Is she deluxe?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
If I had to pick an assist trophy with some relation to the Mario franchise to be upgraded I'd pick Ashley tbh. Just for the simple fact that maybe that would give Nintendo more balls to pick better rosters for their Mario Spinoff games. People love the Warioware cast despite them barely being used.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If I had to pick an assist trophy with some relation to the Mario franchise to be upgraded I'd pick Ashley tbh. Just for the simple fact that maybe that would give Nintendo more balls to pick better rosters for their Mario Spinoff games. People love the Warioware cast despite them barely being used.
Considering the fact that they'd rather do random enemies, it probably wouldn't.

A Mario Kart with Paper Mario, Fawful, a handful of WarioWare characters, and Poochy would get all the buzz though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So since Sakurai mentioned that the last fighter would take much longer. Could we potentially be waiting until the VGA this year?

If this is the case as well and potentially a complex character like Steve was. What characters could potentially come to mind? Amaterasu already one that I can think of. Phoenix Wright as well depending if Sakurai can implement his moveset from MvC.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Hey kids. You wanna play as a GOOMBA?

I'm listening

So since Sakurai mentioned that the last fighter would take much longer. Could we potentially be waiting until the VGA this year?

If this is the case as well and potentially a complex character like Steve was. What characters could potentially come to mind? Amaterasu already one that I can think of.
Or maybe it won't take long but given the potential hype factor, Nintendo would want to save the reveal for TGA.. bring in a new audience at the last minute.. they did so twice, maybe a third and final time..

Speculation of course, mind you.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I actually like the regular enemy characters, but I would also like to have the spin-off characters as well.
I think in small amounts it's fine, but when new characters are usually normal enemies or alternate versions of characters like baby or metal versions you have to ask what are they thinking?

I talked about this a while back but they have a goldmine of great characters and they refuse to use them. I hope WarioWare sells well so maybe they think to use them outside of their own franchise.

MattX20

Smash Hero

If this is the case as well and potentially a complex character like Steve was. What characters could potentially come to mind? Amaterasu already one that I can think of. Phoenix Wright as well depending if Sakurai can implement his moveset from MvC.
He said it would be a little while before FP11, not that it would take much longer. FP11 will likely still be a September reveal/release

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Ok but imagine if Phoenix is the last fighter..

And the trailer themes around him taking Joker, our first FP character, to court for stealing HIS [Phoenix's] smash invitation.
That would be cute.

my brain immediately thinks of a cursed alternative where we get a "let's dunk on everyone" trailer where everyone is fighting over who the letter is addressed to before Phoenix Wright (or someone else) gets it and joins the game

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
SEGA's still on the table iirc..

Arle could work. She'd be a good character to end on, being another puzzle game rep (Yes, I'm counting :ultdoc:, watcha gonna do?), moveset potential, and she's got quite the cute and cartoony look for the game.
Not to mention that Puyo Puyo is SEGA's 2nd most profitable series, right under Sonic ofc.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I could only accept this trailer concept if Joker has an Ace Attorney style breakdown during it.
I'll cover this for anyone who doesn't want Ace Attoreny lore spoiled
Also, Eldrake I'll assume you're an AA fan for this one, but:

Dude he could pull a Kristoph Gavin and have his hair go whoosh upwards and his glasses come popping off as he crosses his hands like Demi-fiend and commences a sick breakdown

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If I'm being completely honest here, I don't feel like any of the four Mii Costumes we saw today really changed the landscape of speculation very much. Lloyd is self-explanatory. Dante was a big request, but we just got an entire bundle filled exclusively with Capcom costumes, so I don't think people had high expectations regardless. The other two I can somewhat understand, but still, we're looking at two big requests out of hundreds of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom