• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, I'm watching Leffen's reaction, and he called Kazuya "better Little Mac", which is an...interesting observation but at the same time:
  • Armoured Smash Attacks
  • Good ground normals
  • A comeback mechanic with a "gotchya" move as the main attraction
  • Garbage initial jump
  • Probably pretty "meh" recovery
  • Probably mediocre aerial attacks
The assessment might actually be accurate. lol
Sakurai really did just look at Little Mac and thought "You what if he had a reflect and wave dash"

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Imagine Sakurai takes a full year hiatus after CP11, and the end of a random Nintendo announce Subspace 2, with Tabuu coming back, and the ENTIRE roster being part of it, with proper VA and interactive cutscenes.
That would require mixing Japanese only voices with the many english Voices and actually hiring vas for voiceless characters

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Saw this in the Waluigi thread
https://imgur.com/a/CF9VX2D
Yeah that's not happening at all. Aside from the fact that he's specifically called out a decade of continuous development coming to an end and FP11 being the final character, three bonus fighters, one from a new series, would be truly absurd. You can predict anything when you're vague and wave your hands in the air while saying "whooooooo"

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
How y'all still taking the Mii deconfirmations?
If they came as Miis, that's more than they were gonna get without the costumes. At this point, in the final stretch of things, with ONE fighter left, yeah I definitely want the Smash team to just go to TOWN with the Mii costumes. Gimme all the franchises because we wanna pad out this crossover aspect as much as we can before the end lol.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Bethesda’s Twitter tweets about the Dragonborn costume!

The best part is people are gonna make Todd Howard Miis and give him the Dragonborn outfit

Todd has been given too much power

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
If they came as Miis, that's more than they were gonna get without the costumes. At this point, in the final stretch of things, with ONE fighter left, yeah I definitely want the Smash team to just go to TOWN with the Mii costumes. Gimme all the franchises because we wanna pad out this crossover aspect as much as we can before the end lol.
As a Mii main, the last two waves having 4 costumes has been a bit of a bummer. That's 2 chances to rep a character that would have otherwise had nothing gone begging.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That would require mixing Japanese only voices with the many english Voices and actually hiring vas for voiceless characters
Eh, I think you could get away with characters that just pantomime since they're mute like Steve, unintelligible like the Inklings, or just don't speak in full sentences often like Mario, especially with the "everyone is multi-lingual but refuses to speak the same language" logic that Kazuya, Min Min, and sadly, the Final Fantasy duo force.

Last edited:

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
While it sucks that Shantae is a mii costume the way I look at is its one step closer for her becoming a playable character for the next game. I'll continue to support her after DLC is done (like the Ridley, KKR, and B&K fans did), for her to hopeful become a playable character. As for the final rep I have no l idea who it as I thought it was going to be Shantae, so I'll just wait and see. The only other think that sucks is no extra DLC fight like Plant which surprises me considering the website leak.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbh I kinda wanted a Monokuma Mii to celebrate Danganronpa coming to Switch

maybe in the final presentation and make HIM come with a song. Brawler and NOT-Indie coming with a song would be dope

and Danganronpa has great music soooo
Sakurai said the next character will be the last one and this says otherwise
I was being rhetorical lmao

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
How y'all still taking the Mii deconfirmations?
Lloyd was pretty much expected at this point. There is no reason not to include his mii costume.
Dante was a surprising inclusion. I thought he might have still a chance of being Fighter 11.
Shantae being a mii costume is pretty cool and she'll be another mii costume I buy because it has music.
Controversial opinion here: I'm glad Dragonborn is a mii costume. This was really the only way they could represent him without making him look out of place.

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 320936
Made this mock-up after the presentation to share my thoughts, anyone I’m missing?
The new character has to sell something imo. I dont think original smash characters would promote anything. Zelda game possible but tingle is unlikely.

If we get advance wars I want them to implement multiple COs. Like the different color schemes could be orange star, blue moon, yellow comet, green earth, and black hole. A good/bad unlikely idea is that all the color schemes provide different stats matching with the COs of that nation.

Last edited:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
What about Chun-Lee though? In terms of 3 most likely Capcom reps now I'd say them and Amaterasu have the best shot.
Ending on two fighting game characters in a row feels super unlikely. Even :ultsephiroth: and :ultpyra: really don't overlap in what they represent that much. I'd feel comfortable saying that Vergil has a higher chance than Chun-Li at this point.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
What about Chun-Lee though? In terms of 3 most likely Capcom reps now I'd say them and Amaterasu have the best shot.
I don’t count her out completely but I just can’t imagine we get two FGC reps in a row.
JRPGs have the excuse of being mega popular and Promotional Picks.

Honestly don’t know enough about Ameratsu. Though she did just gain a fair bit of traction so who knows? Anything can happen.

Hell at this rate we may get Frank West.

Last edited:

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
"Who are you?"
Littlemac.jpg

"I'm you but stronger."
Kazuya_Mishima_(T7).png

Kinda sad to see the state of Little Mac, not only was he kinda split reception wise when he was first revealed, but it seems like he's doomed to always be doo doo in terms of stats and playstyle. And with the addition of Kazuya, it kinda feels like power creep for the guy, in terms of archetypes and all that.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ending on two fighting game characters in a row feels super unlikely. Even :ultsephiroth: and :ultpyra: really don't overlap in what they represent that much. I'd feel comfortable saying that Vergil has a higher chance than Chun-Li at this point.
Tekken's a pretty different fighting game to a lot of others.
That said I see us get an anime fighter like Sol if we did get another fighting game character

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

Saw this on Twitter. If you haven’t seen this list before: it was an unofficial poll done by someone asking people on Europe, USA, and Japan what their most wanted Ultimate DLC characters were.
Someone crossed off and check stuff off based on today’s news.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
If last one is a Capcom rep, lt may be a Resident Evil rep. Its the last mayor japanese third party IP that its only representation in ultimate is as spirits.

For Nintendo, it would be a very great achievement to have all 9/10 best selling japanese third party IPs with full representation in smash ultimate, plus Monster Hunter with Rathalos as an assist/boss (+ music, spirits and 3 mii costumes)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Saw this on Twitter. If you haven’t seen this list before: it was an unofficial poll done by someone asking people on Europe, USA, and Japan what their most wanted Ultimate DLC characters were.
You can preemptively scratch off Gundam because that’s not a video game character

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It's not even a poll, one dude just counted replies to NoJ, NoA and NoE tweets asking for characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom