• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
For not covering the Mii face, it's surprising how good the Shantae Mii outfit looks assuming a decent Mii is made for it. The proportions certainly have a lot to do with that. It's nice to see! I understand it being a bit bittersweet for Shantae fans, but it does look a lot better than nothing!

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
On topic of Dragonborn..
I think this is great and deserving for sure

Super impactful game and iconic
One of the greatest named games of the decade

Let's not forget... the game was one of the first third party Switch games released AND...

It's the game's 10th anniversary this year. Incredibly fitting.
Waiting for Bethesda to tweet about it lol

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So, with this devastating Thanos Snap of Mii fighters, let's see the names this board will talk about

Crash
Master Chief
Sora
DoomSlayer (???)
Chun-li
Waluigi
Rayman (???)
Reimu
2B
Phoenix Wright
Spyro (???)
Amaterasu (???)

I'm firmly predicting that everyone will talk about these fighters, with the majority talking more about how Master Chief, Sora, and Crash are locked in, probably due to Halo Infinite coming out this year, Sora being a fan favorite, and Crash being beloved in Japan and how it would be the perfect send-off to the Fighters Pass and the DLC Saga.

We have a long few months ahead of us.
Then watch that it's none of these fighters. I'm having honestly a gut feeling about it.

Also Waluigi is an assist so that rules him out.

Technomage

Smash Champion
So, with this devastating Thanos Snap of Mii fighters, let's see the names this board will talk about

Crash
Master Chief
Sora
DoomSlayer (???)
Chun-li
Waluigi
Rayman (???)
Reimu
2B
Phoenix Wright
Spyro (???)
Amaterasu (???)

I'm firmly predicting that everyone will talk about these fighters, with the majority talking more about how Master Chief, Sora, and Crash are locked in, probably due to Halo Infinite coming out this year, Sora being a fan favorite, and Crash being beloved in Japan and how it would be the perfect send-off to the Fighters Pass and the DLC Saga.

There's also Shadow and Sergeant Cortez, due to them both having a fan who talks about them a LOT on here.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I hope that's not the case; it would suck if a company refusing to include a character as playable one time meant that they're never getting into any future installments of Smash.
I’m just going by the patterns so far. Geno’s been Mii’d twice, so has Monster Hunter, Heihachi (Kazuya’s overall better though), Lloyd, Akira Yuki (is also an Assist in Ultimate) and Gil… not that anyone expected Gil to be playable

I do hope that pattern can be broken but for now I guess I’ll take it at face value

first party miis like I said are fine to become playable next game though (Inkling, K. Rool, Isabelle, Chrom)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Crash
Master Chief
Sora
DoomSlayer (???)
Chun-li
Waluigi
Rayman (???)
Reimu
2B
Phoenix Wright
Spyro (???)
Amaterasu (???)

This is actually-acknowledging-that-final-characters-are-lowkey erasure.

Last edited:

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
Speaking of indies...

What do you think the odds are that FP11 is an indie? Any indie--Quote, Frisk, the Knight, Cadence, Reimu, Madeline...
An indie would be a tough one. Obvious picks like Shantae, Shovel Knight, and Sans have been costumed or Trophy'd. And other choices like Quote or Reimu are niche. And while an indie would be epic to get, it wouldn't be an all out way to end the final pass. Then again, Sakurai and Co have never cared much on ending Smash DLC with a bang. So really it's just a matter of picking a more well known character vs a smaller but more liked one.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Crash
Master Chief
Sora
DoomSlayer (???)
Chun-li
Waluigi
Rayman (???)
Reimu
2B
Phoenix Wright
Spyro (???)
Amaterasu (???)

I’d also add Octoling, a League of Legends champion (though I personally doubt at this point), Neku, and Ayumi Tachibana

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
Also, no miis of KOS-MOS, Nightmare, Klonoa, Solaire or even Jin. I guess they’re viable candidates for next Smash (seeing as how I believe Third Party Miis will stay as such as opposed to first party miis)
I mean you are free to believe whatever you want. However, considering in the same presentation we got verbal confirmation from sakurai that the only reason it wasn't Heihachi was due to no Devil gene, we have had multiple first party miis upgraded (meaning you have to apply this to a specific subset of miis for this to work) and there is no logical reason why they would ignore a character due to having a costume in the previous game, I personally would disagree with that stance.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
I've already seen people on Twitter think that Doomguy's chances have gone up now because of the Dragonborn outfit...

I don't know man...

Same goes for Phoenix Wright.. He's for sure our Capcom rep frontrunner in hindsight (RE could still happen, ya never know)

Indies Wise.. I'm going to watch out for Frisk.
Now that you point it out, it is pretty dang unlikely there'll be a Bethesda rep later if they revealed Bethesda costumes now. They would have coupled them together otherwise.

Case in point, Lloyd showing up only now with a Bamco rep

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Yeah I thought that was weird too. Devil Kazuya is completely aesthetic with only a single move that does something that isn't a normalish physical attack.

I don't really understand what the devil form did that makes him "actually viable" as opposed to Heihachi. Jump?
I’m guessing Up Special and the allure of Lazar was what convinced Sakurai.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So Sakurai confirmed he's been paying attention to our current character requests...
Wonder if CP11 is gonna be a character requested during the Ultimate era, BEFORE FP2 was finalized, and hasn't happened yet.
Who do you suspect would fit that criteria?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Soo…..which Assist Trophies do not have a Mii Costume yet? They seemed to be going for a gradual increase in Mii Fighter costumes but they didn’t add one this time. They’re some of my favorite costumes and it‘d be a shame if there was a viable choice that missed out.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
OUCH! Okay, that Mii segment was an absolute massacre this time. Skyrim, DMC and Shantae, all brutally slain!

Definitely grabbing that Shantae though and gettin' that music track!

Sakurai makes it sound like it's gonna be a loooong wait for the final character....not looking forward to that...

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace

Crash
Master Chief
Sora
DoomSlayer (???)
Chun-li
Waluigi
Rayman (???)
Reimu
2B
Phoenix Wright
Spyro (???)
Amaterasu (???)

I am convinced we will end on Legendary Pokémon Trainer.

We might get a bonus character BUT it probably won't be the one that I would pair off with Pokémon.

I think the best bonus character with a real shot would be Deku Baba as a semi-clone of Piranha Plant.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
An indie would be a tough one. Obvious picks like Shantae, Shovel Knight, and Sans have been costumed or Trophy'd. And other choices like Quote or Reimu are niche. And while an indie would be epic to get, it wouldn't be an all out way to end the final pass. Then again, Sakurai and Co have never cared much on ending Smash DLC with a bang. So really it's just a matter of picking a more well known character vs a smaller but more liked one.
I think an Undertale rep is the last remaining indie character that could be a genuine hit (ignoring region specificity like Touhou being huge in Japan).

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
View attachment 320894
So, this it. One last fighter before facing oblivion. Was nice while it lasted. Those Mii costumes do look nice though, even with The ESRB and their shenanigans.

Zagreus for Smash.
I mean, to play devil's advocate, if we were getting one bonus fighter, I doubt that he would reveal it here. It is unlikely, but I would say this is more of a death knell to FP3 than a bonys.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Look I'm sorry, I just fear that CP11 will be hated even more than Byleth while NOT being yet another shill swordie from FE, because of the fanbase's high standards.
My MW’s an obscure swordie, and I think she’d be a good pick regardless.

I don’t give a flying [EXPLETIVE] what the high-standards fans would think if she were to make it in.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Call me a fool but I think Resident Evil still has a shot. If Heihachi's Mii getting dropped earlier during the pass was done to trick us into thinking Tekken isn't getting a character then who's to say the Resident Evil spirit event isn't the same?
Assuming the spirit board happened during Pass 2 I'd honestly count it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom