• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Soo…..which Assist Trophies do not have a Mii Costume yet? They seemed to be going for a gradual increase in Mii Fighter costumes but they didn’t add one this time. They’re some of my favorite costumes and it‘d be a shame if there was a viable choice that missed out.
Rodin, Yuri Kozukata, Guile, Riki, uhhhhh that’s all I could think of atm

MisterMike

Smash Champion
User was warned for this post
So, with this devastating Thanos Snap of Mii fighters, let's see the names this board will talk about

Crash
Master Chief
Sora
DoomSlayer (???)
Chun-li
Waluigi
Rayman (???)
Reimu
2B
Phoenix Wright
Spyro (???)
Amaterasu (???)

I'm firmly predicting that everyone will talk about these fighters, with the majority talking more about how Master Chief, Sora, and Crash are locked in, probably due to Halo Infinite coming out this year, Sora being a fan favorite, and Crash being beloved in Japan and how it would be the perfect send-off to the Fighters Pass and the DLC Saga.

We have a long few months ahead of us.
Shazam.png
  • >CAPCOM characters still have a chance after the deluge of CAPCOM content being used as Mii Costume filler since the early days of Ultimate DLC
  • >SquareEnix characters still have a chance after Sephiroth
  • >Dudebro Shooter Men still have a chance despite having no presence in Japan
  • >Spyro still has a chance despite being objectively less popular than Crash
  • >Reimu still has a chance despite having no presence in the good old US of A
  • >Sora still has a chance

Call me a fool but I think Resident Evil still has a shot. If Heihachi's Mii getting dropped earlier during the pass was done to trick us into thinking Tekken isn't getting a character then who's to say the Resident Evil spirit event isn't the same?
You're a fool.

Last edited:

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Then watch that it's none of these fighters. I'm having honestly a gut feeling about it.

Also Waluigi is an assist so that rules him out.
You would think that would rule him out but Sakurai is an unpredictable man. and I Loathe Waluigi. And I agree, no one saw Kazuya coming (And as a Tekken fanboy for life) I needed this so we may see a wild pick for FP11

I’d also add Octoling, a League of Legends champion (though I personally doubt at this point), Neku, and Ayumi Tachibana
Feel Free to add to the list.
There's also Shadow and Sergeant Cortez, due to them both having a fan who talks about them a LOT on here.
Feel Free to add to the list.

So Sakurai confirmed he's been paying attention to our current character requests...
Wonder if CP11 is gonna be a character requested during the Ultimate era, BEFORE FP2 was finalized, and hasn't happened yet.
If I take Joker's inclusion and third party characters into account, Aloy and 2B came out in the same year as P5 and I know Sakurai loved Nier Automata and he and Yoko Taro hold massive respect for one another which is why, along with moveset potential, made me believe 2B would be in this game. Aloy has a **** ton of potential too but no talks about her

Kyphlosion16

Smash Rookie
So, with this devastating Thanos Snap of Mii fighters, let's see the names this board will talk about

Crash
Master Chief
Sora
DoomSlayer (???)
Chun-li
Waluigi
Rayman (???)
Reimu
2B
Phoenix Wright
Spyro (???)
Amaterasu (???)

I'm firmly predicting that everyone will talk about these fighters, with the majority talking more about how Master Chief, Sora, and Crash are locked in, probably due to Halo Infinite coming out this year, Sora being a fan favorite, and Crash being beloved in Japan and how it would be the perfect send-off to the Fighters Pass and the DLC Saga.

you forgot a Pokemon....Decidueye???

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Man the Mii costumes were random as ****
Didn't expect Dante at all, I was one of those who thought he was either going to be playable or not have nothing at all

Not really sad to be honest, maybe because I already accepted he was very very unlikely at this point, so I'm glad he is at least in the game in some form. It would have been better if he came with Devils Never Cry but hey I'm not gonna complain. I'm loving all the memes though

At this point I'm still surprised Ace Attorney doesn't have anything at all. With Resident Evil, DMC and Monster Hunter in the game, I hope they don't forget about Ace Attorney. Probably a Spirit event or a costume for Nick, but I'll be rooting for him to be the final character

As for Kazuya, he looks dope and the music selection is great. They literally included all the songs I wanted (I think lol), I'm happy
Also, Jin's spirit evolving into Devil Jin, nice

Last edited:

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
An indie would be a tough one. Obvious picks like Shantae, Shovel Knight, and Sans have been costumed or Trophy'd. And other choices like Quote or Reimu are niche. And while an indie would be epic to get, it wouldn't be an all out way to end the final pass. Then again, Sakurai and Co have never cared much on ending Smash DLC with a bang. So really it's just a matter of picking a more well known character vs a smaller but more liked one.
The Undertale fan in me hopes that they pull a Kazuya and make Frisk the playable fighter despite already giving us a sans mii costume. But I already know there's a lot of hurdles in adding an indie character to Smash. My only hope is the fact we didn't get Undertale spirits at the same time we got ones for Cuphead despite being the more popular of the two. (Perhaps saving it for a future Undertale Rep?)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You would think that would rule him out but Sakurai is an unpredictable man. and I Loathe Waluigi. And I agree, no one saw Kazuya coming (And as a Tekken fanboy for life) I needed this so we may see a wild pick for FP11
The reason Waluigi won't happen is because he's a spin-off character from Mario sports games and has no importance. The fact Piranha Plant got in over him shows this. Piranha Plant having more importance because he's one of Mario's most iconic enemies who has appeared in nearly all Mario mainline games.

Even Daisy appeared in Super Mario Run, I recall Nintendo considers that a mainline Mario game.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Who do you suspect would fit that criteria?
Hmm
Rayman, but some people here yesterday stated that Ubisoft pushed for him.
If Nintendo isn't interested, I can't see it. Unless that said "Ezio or nothing" and Ubisoft said "ok fine"

I'm also trying to think third party...
I feel like Phoenix fits this...
Crash..? Idk

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Assuming the spirit board happened during Pass 2 I'd honestly count it out.
But Heihachi's mii costume was dropped at Min Min's presentation which was during Pass 2, Kazuya was already chosen by then and they chose to reveal it anyways. I really don't see how Resident Evil couldn't have a similar argument made for it in that regard.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Capcom is getting the Namco treatment.

Namco: Hey Capcom? You wanna trade places?
Capcom: Sure why not?
Namco: Ha! Now you're gonna get the mii costume treatment I suffered in Smash 4!
Capcom: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Not that I agree with this guy on GameFAQs, but he's got an interesting point:

"
that Lloyd, Dante, Dragonborn and Shantae were HEAVILY requested was a bad move

they obviously were but NOW

if the final character is dogs***, he and nintendo are gonna get piled on more than ever with comments like "you KNEW these others were more popular but you gave us "x" instead?!"

"

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Y'all better not be sleeping on Andy's chances i swear.
I'll be real with you Ura, Andy is someone they should've added back in Brawl, or might've been more likely if Advance Wars didn't do so poorly in Japan. It's really hard to imagine him getting in now, as much as I also wish Advance Wars got good Smash representation.

Crash
Master Chief
Sora
DoomSlayer (???)
Chun-li
Waluigi
Rayman (???)
Reimu
2B
Phoenix Wright
Spyro (???)
Amaterasu (???)

I'm just going to save my sanity and expect Hanafuda to somehow be the last fighter.

Smash favors final reveals being more inexplicable than satisfactory (G&W, ROB, Duck Hunt, Corrin, Piranha Plant), and if you think about it, they are more likely to deflect mass disappointment by choosing someone so confusing that confusion becomes people's foremost reaction. Either that, or satisfy a slice of the crowd that you can only hope is big enough to drown out the disappointment from the rest.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
But Heihachi's mii costume was dropped at Min Min's presentation which was during Pass 2, Kazuya was already chosen by then and they chose to reveal it anyways. I really don't see how Resident Evil couldn't have a similar argument made for it in that regard.
Just asking, but have we received an M rated character yet? Most of the mii costumes from M rated series usually use the characters name alone, not the series itself. And while I know Bayo is from an M game, I cannot think of any Ultimate DLC coming from those types of games.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
I think an Undertale rep is the last remaining indie character that could be a genuine hit (ignoring region specificity like Touhou being huge in Japan).
See, I would agree with you, but it's that Sans Mii costume that kills Undertale's chances for me. Never say never, obviously, but I think the doors closed for an Undertale rep.
I mean, to play devil's advocate, if we were getting one bonus fighter, I doubt that he would reveal it here. It is unlikely, but I would say this is more of a death knell to FP3 than a bonys.
Counterpoint, if there was a bonus fighter, then I feel like he wouldn't say "There will be no more fighters." He could've said something along the lines of "This will be the end of Fighter's Pass 3." Not something so definitive. Plus, combined with him reminiscing about Smash 4's and Ultimate's Dev cycle, it seems like he is telling us the truth. I will acknowledge however that we are basically arguing semantics.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The reason Waluigi won't happen is because he's a spin-off character from Mario sports games and has no importance.
I think you (and everyone else) underestimates the importance of Super Mario spin-offs. I mean, Mario Kart alone is a system seller.

Even Daisy appeared in Super Mario Run, I recall Nintendo considers that a mainline Mario game.
They do? That's weird 'cuz it really isn't one. lol

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not a good comparison no characters from spirit boards have even happened.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’d also add Octoling, a League of Legends champion (though I personally doubt at this point), Neku, and Ayumi Tachibana
I actually feel pretty good about Lu Bu now after the presentation. We have been getting a lot of heavily requested characters as Miis and still no sign of Ryu Hyabusa who was one of the most requested of all of them. Since he was essentially deconfirmed, I could see him getting a Mii along with the Ninja Gaiden theme along with Lu Bu.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
ALSO CAN WE TALK ABOUT KAZUYA HAVING A REFLECT AND A MOVE THAT IGNORES SHIELDS?
On top of that, he has a Bowser style command grab, a down smash that breaks shields ala Sephiroth, and a Fox/Falco style recovery...

Sakurai said the character was struggling during the balance tests, but man they really went kinda crazy lmao

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Except said Spirit Event deconfirmed all the likely characters in one fell swoop.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If anything now I feel like that bonus slot on the eshop is either an all DLC bundle like they did at the end of 4’s DLC (even if the placement seems odd) or a stage pack. Or some miscellaneous feature that’s super super cheap

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm going to come back to this post when eventually the last character isn't a assistant throphy

Because why waste programming on making a character that was assist, and later force players pay to "upgrade" them
I'm not even insisting that we will get an assist
Just that there's literally nothing stopping one from getting promoted to playable status because all the arguments against them are misinformed and stupid

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

"

if the final character is dogs***, he and nintendo are gonna get piled on more than ever with comments like "you KNEW these others were more popular but you gave us "x" instead?!"

"
They'll get salt regardless but this might at least give people time to get over it, rather than bank everything on the last reveal and then get the double blow of the Mii costume.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman

"

"
Last character is Rean Schwarzer, someone people will complain about as another anime swordsman, and the Mii Wave consists of Crash, Sora, Rayman, Chief and Doomguy.

The ultimate salt to send off the ultimate Smash Bros.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
If anything now I feel like that bonus slot on the eshop is either an all DLC bundle like they did at the end of 4’s DLC (even if the placement seems odd) or a stage pack. Or some miscellaneous feature that’s super super cheap
Probably that. Get Passes 1+2 togther.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom