• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I should be able to watch this presentation live tomorrow. : ) Don't forget to turn off YouTube comments! They can be toxic and annoying.

Because of school (engineering go brr), I did miss the Pythra presentation live and was spoiled of the fact that Lloyd's costume did NOT return in Round 9. Thankfully, that was the one Sakurai presents I ever missed live, at the moment.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Here is something for fun
If you had the chance to add 5 more Mario character (including from:ultdk::ultyoshi::ultwario:) to smash who would they be and why.
Waluigi, for many reasons besides just memes.

Paper Mario, because he seemed like such a prime candidate for base game (plus, he'd rep a spinoff series).

King Boo, because he'd come with plenty of Luigi's Mansion 3 content (which could fit into the Loose Ends theory), and a character that floats a little over the ground could be unique.

Rabbid with gun, since it'd rep both Rayman and Mario + Rabbids.

Dixie Kong, since she was scrapped from Brawl, and she'd get a second chance due to my additions.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
If you had the chance to add 5 more Mario character (including from:ultdk::ultyoshi::ultwario:) to smash who would they be and why.
Dixie Kong - significant DK character, scrapped from Brawl.
Toad/Toadette - significant Mario character, Toadette would be an alt.
Ashley - fan favorite Warioware character
Waluigi - fan favorite Mario spin off character
Birdo - Mario spin off regular

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'd add gacha characters from Mario Kart Tour:slime:

Hakama Mario
Fairy Daisy
Penguili
Cat Toad
Builder Toadette
What? I like my salt:slime: :4pacman:

Last edited:

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
Dixie Kong (she's been playable in as many DKC games as Donkey Kong himself), Pauline (with her rise in popularity after Oddysey, plus... she's probably the oldest named female video game character. Nana and Peach are 4 years younger than her...) and lastly.... uhh... I agree with the DK Rap crew. Chunky would be DK mixed with slow super armour, Lanky would be Diddy mixed with Min Min mixed with Jigglypuff, and Tiny would just be Mr. Game and Watch with a projectile

Paraster

Smash Lord
Geno: Putting aside his nature as a fan-favorite, I just legitimately like his design and the aesthetic of his powers. Plus, timed hits could be a really fun yet simple gimmick.

Kamek: Just to have something else to rep Yoshi. And his magic attacks would probably be neat.

Paper Mario: Would be interesting in gameplay and have a fun aesthetic.

I have no preferences beyond that, so I'll say Dixie Kong and Ashley to fill fan requests (and give Wario more than a single rep).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Waluigi
Captain Toad/Captain Toadette
Shy Guy
E. Gadd
Funky Kong

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm not gonna be able to catch the show live. Gotta go do stuff with the kid while mama's off learnin to beat the tar out of people in the ring. I'm the stay at home dad since usual work is not for me (punched my boss's file cabinet in and smashed a table, earning myself the nickname "Super Smash Brother" ) so yeah... kids come first.

But we DID just go get our Space Jam cereal though so SPACE JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM! I'll have my Space Jam cereal ready for the show when we can watch it in the afternoon.

Space Jam man... manly tear falls from face

5 more rats and cats from Mario, huh?

1. Ashley
2. Lulu
3. Wart
4. Lanky Kong
5. Plum

And I love Mario and friends so much I could go on for more and more and more from there.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If Lloyd's costume doesn't appear tomorrow I don't think it means he's going to be the last character. Highlt unlikely we'll get 2 characters from the same company in a row.

If he doesn't come with Kazuya I'd assume CP11 uses a sword or it's a RPG character (Smash fans rejoice) and Lloyd's costume will come with the last character.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong
Toad
Funky Kong
Ashley
Captain Syrup

Dixie and Toad are kinda must have here, like, yeah. Funky Kong is cool so add him as a DK echo while using his surf board for side b and up b to give him a bit of gameplay changes (the 2 moves would become disjoints and up b would propulse him a hhighter, but they would loose power compared to DK's version of those moves), and then Ashley + Captain Syrup because while I'm not big on Wario's series, Ashley is the character most Warioware fans want from what I saw and Captain Syrup is like Ashley for for Warioland, also a cool female vilain is a cool female vilain.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If Lloyd's costume doesn't appear tomorrow I don't think it means he's going to be the last character. Highlt unlikely we'll get 2 characters from the same company in a row.

If he doesn't come with Kazuya I'd assume CP11 uses a sword or it's a RPG character (Smash fans rejoice) and Lloyd's costume will come with the last character.
Plot twist Lloyd's costume is shown off tomorrow but it's been reworked to this
htd7fg8fgy431.jpg

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
What if instead of Mii costumes with Kazuya, we instead get four echo fighters including Jin Kazama, while they save the Lloyd mii costume for Challenger Pack 11?

Adding on to that, who do you want those echo fighters to be?

My list
03e: Ocarina of Time Adult Link (Same as in Melee but with Gale Boomerang and Ice Arrows maybe)
14e: Dry Bowser (Melee/Brawl Bowser with Giga Bowser effects)
31e: Shadow (Different specials like Chaos control and Chaos Spear to replace spring jump and spin dash respectively)
81e: Jin Kazama (The mix of the mishima style and Jun Kazama's fighting style from Tekken 3)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Does a chainsaw count as a sword :)
jack.png

Hehehehe it'll NEVER happen but imagine we get MADWORLD hahahaha and the announcers crudely commenting on the fight hahahahaha

Gengar84

Smash Hero
What if instead of Mii costumes with Kazuya, we instead get four echo fighters including Jin Kazama, while they save the Lloyd mii costume for Challenger Pack 11?

My list
03e: Ocarina of Time Adult Link (Same as in Melee but with Gale Boomerang and Ice Arrows maybe)
31e: Shadow (Different specials like Chaos control and Chaos Spear to replace spring jump and spin dash respectively)
81e: Jin Kazama (The mix of the mishima style and Jun Kazama's fighting style from Tekken 3)
I would love all of these. That was pretty much my exact idea for Dry Bowser as well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Geno
Boshi(Yoshi Echo, but falls under Super Mario, not the Yoshi series anyway)
Toad
Metal Mario(regular clone. Can't be an Echo cause of a different weight alone)
Waluigi

...Mostly cause there's not a lot of interesting choices to me that only fall under Super Mario. That, and it's more fun to actually look at characters of interest instead of putting franchises together, at least for me~

Editing cause I forgot the two I want the most. XD Not to say that Birdo and Dry Bowser aren't cool too.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Definitely Toad and Waluigi. These are the two characters that would practically “complete” the Mario series for me. Pauline, Geno, Fawful, King Boo, etc. are all cool, but not all that necessary in my opinion.

After that, I’d probably beef up the DK representation with Dixie, Cranky, and Funky.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I forgot to mention mine:
1. Geno
Has been around in the smash community since day 1 which goes as far as melee and one of the longest massively supported character that has yet to become playable. Plus it would represent the Mario RPGs
2. Captain Syrup
Wario Land deserve Justice it’s needed for the missing content also a villain
3. Boshi (echo)
He is a villain for yoshi and easy to develop and a fan favorite among the yoshi fanbase.
4. Stork & Poochy (duo)
honestly best pick for next yoshi rep with interesting concept the game series has got many stages but I think another Yoshi character wouldn’t hurt.
5. Waluigi
Very popular pretty much his support is very massive to be left out.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

My list
Cool School.png

I see you've gone to Cool School with that line of thinking. I TOO am an alumni of Cool School, and I love this kind of thinking.

My 4 echoes:

Dry Bowser as an Echo of Bowser (actually surprised it isn't already a thing)

Hilda as an echo of Zelda (same thing, especially with Zelda's design in Smash. Surprised she isn't already there)

Metal Sonic as an echo of Sonic (YOU MIGHT KNOW EVERYTHING I'M GOING TO DO, BUT THAT'S NOT GOING TO HELP YOU BECAUSE I KNOW EVERYTHING YOU'RE GOING TO DO! STRRRRRANGE ISN'T IT? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

And yeah, if they could make Jin Kazama work, he'd be cool too, I had much too much fun with Devil Within to not want him. If not, then Gooigi as an echo of Luigi works too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

My list
81e: Jin Kazama (obviously)
64e: Octoling (I'll take them unique or echo i just want my babies 🥺 )
71e: Violet
11e: Black Shadow

Star Zen

Smash Rookie
Probably been mentioned here but a Jin echo fighter for Kazuya just works.

it might not be perfect but Simon and Richter weren't exactly perfect 1-1 either. Jin did fight like Kazuya in Tekken 3 after all and still retains the fighting style in some capacity he just chooses not to use it fully. he has the majority of his moveset in that game and most of the moves shown in the moveset breakdown. The stage even works for both of them. Regardless Mii fighter, spirit, background character is welcomed too and inevitable nonetheless. /Tinfoilhatbaby 🌠

Geno Boost

Smash Master

My list
My pick would be:
-Ms. Pac-man (replace fruit with the one from Ms. pac-man and give her some of Pac-man world moveset)
-Boshi (let him use some of the SMRPG items)
-Ninten (Let him have some Mother 1 moveset)
-Protoman (give him sheild and let him use the Megaman custom moves from smash 4)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

My list
Jin Kazama (since you pretty much mandated it)
Dixie Kong
Impa
Octoling

Paraster

Smash Lord

My list
I can literally just repost this (though sacrificing Shadow for Jin if Jin is required for this):
  1. Octoling, based on Inkling. See here.
  2. Medusa, based on Palutena. Light effects would be replaced by darkness. Maybe incorporate different KI:U powers if you wanted to differentiate more. (Would have listed Viridi as an alternative, but the difference in body type from Palutena means Viridi would need to be a semi-clone at least.)
  3. Galacta Knight, based on Meta Knight. Incorporate light/laser effects. Maybe up the range of melee attacks to match Galacta's lance (likely at the cost of making them slightly slower?).
  4. Shadow, based on Sonic. Honestly not for me personally, but I have no other ideas I'd really like and I know Shadow is popular. Presumably he'd use some of his "chaos powers."

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
On the topic of Lloyd's Mii costume showing up, if you had asked me about it a year ago I would have said 100% he was coming with Kazuya tomorrow. But man there's been too much chaos in the Mii realm hasn't there? There's zero pattern in Mii costume reveals that doesn't come with an asterisk. Yeah sometimes the costumes are based around the company the fighter is from, but sometimes it's more spread out. And now even Kazuya himself has totally napalmed the idea we were pretty confident in before that a DLC Mii costume was a deconfirm. So yeah no way to predict this stuff anymore dudes lol, but I'm okay with that. It makes things exciting for the last two rounds.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion

My list
Vampire Wario as an echo of regular Wario
Jeanne as an echo of Bayo
Dixie Kong as an echo of Diddy
Slippy as a Fox echo

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Rakka Rakka Rakka, I'm SUCH a cool guy... TOO COOL even for mySELF!

But yeah.. more echo fighters, I'm surprised they haven't done it. They made such a big deal out of the name and yet didn't do it.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Are people expecting Jin echo being shown tomorrow? I don’t see that happening as Sakurai did mention somewhere before that echo fighters wouldn’t be included as DLC at the beginning of the DLC pack but I hope I am wrong about that.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Geno, since he's one of my most-wanted characters.

Dixie Kong and Captain Toad, since they (or at least some form of Toad) really should be in Smash by now.

Captain Syrup, since it would be nice for Wario Land to get some content beyond a single song.

Waluigi, for the fans.

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Journeyman
papagenos papagenos

So you said in your latest video that you think Geno being revealed as a fighter after his costume reveal would be an unlike Sakurai kind of thing.

But what about how he initially tried to make Rex work as a fighter, despite his costume? Would it have been unlike him to do that, or is it a different case because Rex is first party?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Are people expecting Jin echo being shown tomorrow? I don’t see that happening as Sakurai did mention somewhere before that echo fighters wouldn’t be included as DLC at the beginning of the DLC pack but I hope I am wrong about that.
i think that was only for pass 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom