• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

culumon

Smash Apprentice
That's fair as Banjo Bros have always been super vocal, the handpuppet's life shallbe spared for now, better not be any dumbasses trying to claim Banjo's a bigger deal though
Dumbass here to dumbassly argue that even if you strip absolutely all other shreds of context from both character's inclusions, Banjo is absolutely still a bigger deal because it represents Nintendo working with a direct competitor whereas Kazuya is just "oh hey guys who have developed the last three games in this series for us, howsabout your second character?"

Technomage

Smash Champion
The Sim's Final Smash should just be them having a pool party with their opponents. They get out of the pool, and then the ladder dematerializes, causing them to stand there and panic as all of their new friends drown instead of doing something to help them.

...That was a lot darker than it sounded in my head.
And if a fighter accumulates enough damage there, the Grim Reaper appears to instantly KO them with his scythe.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Verge saying he heard about Steve back during base game speculation.
I think he may have just heard Minecraft content, iirc he didn’t hear about Steve being playable until that Hitagi guy or whoever started claiming he was gonna be in.

although I guess that’s the same deal, idk. I remember Vergeben assuming it was all leakbait or something on GameFAQs before Steve finally showed up.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Dumbass here to dumbassly argue that even if you strip absolutely all other shreds of context from both character's inclusions, Banjo is absolutely still a bigger deal because it represents Nintendo working with a direct competitor whereas Kazuya is just "oh hey guys who have developed the last three games in this series for us, howsabout your second character?"
I can't tell if you're satirizing people who think Banjo is a bigger deal than Tekken or if you're upset I said Banjo's not a bigger deal than Tekken
Kerrigan? She's the Zerg faction leader in Starcraft.

Human psychic turned Zerg hybrid.
The **** is a Zerg? I'm asking for sales pitches people, not random descriptions

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, if we're bringing up Real-Time Strategy characters, the only ones I think have a chance are from Warcraft and Starcraft, with Thrall, Arthas and Illidan from Warcraft and Kerrigan and Zeratul or Artanis from Starcraft.

Shroob

Sup?
I can't tell if you're satirizing people who think Banjo is a bigger deal than Tekken or if you're upset I said Banjo's not a bigger deal than Tekken

The **** is a Zerg? I'm asking for sales pitches people, not random descriptions
Ever play Warhammer 40k? Or at least aware of it? It's Blizzard's legally distinct version of the tyrranids.

They're basically aliens with a "FEED THE SWARM" mentality, think the Flood.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Never heard of Kerrigan but now I'm curious
Well, how do I describe her briefly.
She was once human and an assassin with powerful psychic powers and potential, but she was betrayed by her superior, Arcturus Mengsk, who left her and her troopers behind to be overrun by the Zerg, a ravenous alien species of monsters and galactic threat. Instead of eating her, the Overmind, the hive mind controlling the Zerg, took interest in her psionic might and instead captured her to transform her into a half-zerg hybrid. She became... changed by the experience. After the Overmind's demise, Kerrigan took control of the Zerg Swarm, and became the Queen of Blades.

Last edited:

culumon

Smash Apprentice
Not upset! I just think Banjo's inclusion is a bigger deal for that reason if nothing else (though I would argue there are other contributing factors).

However, if you just meant which of the series is a bigger deal, then yeah, it's absolutely Tekken, with a bullet. I'm not that big a dumbass.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I love Banjo and was one of my most wanted characters. I know for a fact in no way, shape or form is the series bigger than Tekken. That's really reaching it.

There's a reason Tekken is amongst the most popular fighting game franchises alongside Mortal Kombat, and Street Fighter.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Who here wishes Nintendo would make a parody on Shrek, just so we can have an excuse to add the closest thing to Shrek to Smash? XD

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Last time I heard about him, the dumbass made a god angry and got lost in the sea. No idea what he's up to nowadays.
Who hasn't made a god angry these days?

Like you can't tell me the reason I hit my heels 3 times a month while I walk down the stair isn't because I made a god angry or something.

Don't ask me why I make a god angry btw, idk myself.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not upset! I just think Banjo's inclusion is a bigger deal for that reason if nothing else (though I would argue there are other contributing factors).

However, if you just meant which of the series is a bigger deal, then yeah, it's absolutely Tekken, with a bullet. I'm not that big a dumbass.
Oh so you mean in terms of parent companies, that I get lmao
Shroob, this is the 3rd time you've shown Lloyd dying in a volcano to the class.
Yeah cause he's trying to get Lloyd's fire sword, duh

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Who hasn't made a god angry these days?

Like you can't tell me the reason I hit my heels 3 times a month while I walk down the stair isn't because I made a god angry or something.

Don't ask me why I make a god angry btw, idk myself.
One More God Rejected Angered

Well actually maybe the rejection is what pissed them off :4pacman:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Jokes aside there's only two notable RTS reps I can see getting in and both are from the same company, Kerrigan and Arthas. The problem with other RTS games is that they're either realistic military games with little to no notable characters, historical games like Company of Heroes, or are from franchises that didn't originate as games like Warhammer 40k.

Kerrigan and Arthas are both similar and different in many ways. Both were once heroes that turned into villains after they got corrupted and they both serve as one of the most popular characters of their respective franchises.

Kerrigan is the Zerg Queen and she commands the Zerg swarm, an alien race that consumes planets of their life and resources before hunting the next planet. She wields psychic powers alongside her Zerg powers where she can summon a horde of different Zergs to fight for her. Think of Zerg as alien bugs that are big and can eat you.

1623871515820.png

Arthas is the Lich King and he commands an undead army. He uses death magic to pull off cool spells like revive corpses that he commands and stuff, he even has access to shadow magic. Both characters are similar in the sense that they were once good guys that turned bad and they have control of a monstrous swarm that consumes everything in their path. But other than that one is an alien that fights with bugs while the other is a lich that fights with zombies.

1623871831415.png

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
One More God Rejected Angered

Well actually maybe the rejection is what pissed them off :4pacman:
I ain't a lady killer or god killer in the slightest.

So this honestly make alot of sense.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Well, Steve was negotiated on for 5 years, starting in Smash 4; those negotiations never went anywhere until FP2. Thus I think Steve still counts.
Well we would have to know that they planned for Steve to be in Smash 4. I don't see how they could plan for that if they didn't know how long negotiations were going to take.

If you look at it that way then Steve's inclusion in Ultimate may not have been his "second" chance at all, but rather just when he was able to make it.

Don't get me wrong, I know that developers like to revist ideas that they couldn't realize at an earlier date, but I just don't think that's ALL they're going to be considering. I don't think anyone that hasn't been considered previously is just off the table.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I automatically read this in Dr. Light's voice. lol

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably add the Zero one to the list since it's for a hypothetical Zero pack.

EDIT: Also I forgot how good X Hunter Stage 1 was. My brain probably tried to forget about it because of the stupid wall crush gimmick.

That one's already in the game actually. Since it would also 100% be the stage I also put the original on my hypothetical tracklist.
I personally feel that if Zero got in, the stage could be a different one and not the opening stage from the first X game, which I feel would be more fitting for X himself. For Zero I'm thinking of either Zero Stage from X5

or the opening stage of X4, because it's the first time Zero is actually playable in the series (not counting X3 because that's kinda different)

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero

The Zerg are a race of insect like aliens that are all controlled by a hive mind. They can infest humans and basically make them drones that they can control. Kerrigan was essentially a space marine that was abandoned during a mission by her superior officer and was infested by these Zerg. Kerrigan then basically became a human insect hybrid hell bent on getting revenge on the military that left her behind.

Here is an example of the most iconic Zerg unit called a Hydralisk to give you a sense of what they look like.

1623872364837.jpeg

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well the question I have to ask is do you think CP11 will be more Low-Key than Kazuya, or more High Key than Kazuya?

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Well the question I have to ask is do you think CP11 will be more Low-Key than Kazuya, or more High Key than Kazuya?
I feel it either being something so big that it doesn't need a big event, like Steve. Or something super low-key which is what we usually see at a Nintendo Direct usually for Smash reveals. I'm personally leaning to the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom