• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Since Ultimate was revealed, the only presentations that didn't open with a character reveal were Isabelle's (Luigi's Mansion 3), Terry's (Overwatch), and the "Joker is still coming" one (Super Mario Maker 2). It is a bit hard to gauge since 2020 gave us so many standalone reveals, though. If they do have a new game, that'll take precedence as the lead in.

zferolie

Smash Hero
If Vergeben is true, which I think he is, then we all know this song will be used as the equivalent of Opening Bombing Mission in :4cloud:reveal trailer.
God I would love to hear that music in smash, Gives me chills still, and I don't even like any of the past 2 halo games And man, if they have the Multiplyer kill voice in the game somehow, maybe everytime he gets a kill, I would love it

But again, I'm not assuming leaks are real. I am waiting to see for myself

Dukefire

Smash Master
If we are looking at other games being presented during the direct, I can say that Breath of the Wild 2 may get the main focus of how the environment, controls, new weapons and much more to offer.
Splatoon 3's preview may be saved for the Winter direct as that one is coming next year. Metroid Prime 4 or Bayonetta 3? (Either one may get attention.)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yea I think the Champions thing is a load of bull. 4 different movesets for a single character is way too much work. It'd be more believable if it was a single champion. "What about Pokémon Trainer?" Don't care lol.
Well to be fair, the DLC period has been about as long as the development of the FULL game and he kept a lot of the team on board. They definitely should have had the time to do some crazy stuff.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Upon reflecting upon it, the only way I could really see the Champions realistically working in this current climate is if they're connected to a common character and are getting summoned for attacks. Basically, imagine Zelda using the spirits of the Champions as stands.

That being said, even that seems like a strange choice and it begs the question as to why people are claiming the character is the named "The Champions" and not "Wild Zelda" or something.
Okay, that's it, real final post before the reveal over. Good luck again, everyone.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Maybe CP11 could have been added because of Master Chief I just can't get over how well Finishes the fight works as a tagline. And maybe they added it so Microsoft could get an extra character when companies usually get 1 rep per pass.

I still think it would be weird for CP11 to leak before CP10, but I don't know, just a thought. I've always thought it was weird that we're getting 6 characters but perhaps I'm looking at the wrong character that it could be hinting at.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Well to be fair, the DLC period has been about as long as the development of the FULL game and he kept a lot of the team on board. They definitely should have had the time to do some crazy stuff.
Really, the only conceivable way I imagine it being possible is if they've been worked on for longer than any other. Because you're making 4 different characters, but that still seems like too much for a "single" character. It isn't like they aren't deserving or anything, but it's such an insane amount of work.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Maybe CP11 could have been added because of Master Chief I just can't get over how well Finishes the fight works as a tagline. And maybe they added it so Microsoft could get an extra character when companies usually get 1 rep per pass.

I still think it would be weird for CP11 to leak before CP10, but I don't know, just a thought. I've always thought it was weird that we're getting 6 characters but perhaps I'm looking at the wrong character that it could be hinting at.
Doubt it. Taglines are exclusive to the localised trailers.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Really, the only conceivable way I imagine it being possible is if they've been worked on for longer than any other. Because you're making 4 different characters, but that still seems like too much for a "single" character. It isn't like they aren't deserving or anything, but it's such an insane amount of work.
Would make sense considering BotW is their current cash cow.

A lot of priority would go into it

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don’t see the Lloyd Mii returning with Chief if he’s next. I think the last character will be a JRPG dude

and they’ll come with both Lloyd’s Mii and a Crono Mii

That’s right baby more in favor of my son Neku already! I’m getting the best for last!

Technomage

Smash Champion
Yeah, I doubt we'd get a single champion for a 4-in-1 champion; I'm placing my bets on either Wild Zelda or Mummydorf.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I see people (again!) mentioning Vergeben and leaks, did he leak something specifically related to today, like a new leak? Or are we taking info from an older leak? This thread is hard to keep up with and it's also hard to tell when people are just playing off a joke. I see "The Champions" talk and Master Chief talk. Are these actual predictions and somewhat likely based on leaks?

Last edited by a moderator:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I see people (again!) mentioning Vergeben and leaks, did he leak something specifically related to today, like a new leak? Or are we taking info from an older leak? This thread is hard to keep up with and it's also hard to tell when people are just playing off a joke. I see "The Champions" talk and Master Chief talk. Are these actual predictions and somewhat likely based on leaks?

Master Chief was leaked pretty directly by Vergeben. People think BOTW champions might come because it seemed like he hinted at in the comments, I doubt it though. He'd probably make a separate post for that.

Here's the post where he directly leaked Master Chief https://www.reddit.com/user/DasVergeben/comments/o0bery/cortana_tell_me_whos_coming_to_smash/

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
So, if it is a double reveal, does this thread just... not reopen? There'll be nothing else to speculate about. Unless people desperately want to discuss the final Mii costumes (I would but I know I ain't everyone)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Also, take into consideration they have until 12/2021 to meet their development deadline.
That's plenty of time to program everything and remain on schedule.
It's frankly ridiculous for Sakurai to cram four unique movesets into one slot. There's also plenty of BOTW content in Smash Ultimate already, and I don't know what more they could add aside from BOTW2 content.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Concerning the 2nd unconfirmed reveal...
The Champions could work if it's like... their ghosts fighting as one and they change form for each attack (ie Daruk attacks for Smashes, Mipha trident for aerials) but that would be incredibly noisy visually.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, if it is a double reveal, does this thread just... not reopen? There'll be nothing else to speculate about. Unless people desperately want to discuss the final Mii costumes (I would but I know I ain't everyone)
Let’s see what happens though. They could tease one final bonus fighter and not reveal them yet, there could be a post DLC ballot…

zferolie

Smash Hero

Supposidly, someone datamined the eshop, and there were 4 things. 2 were scrambled, and 2 others said Metroid 5 and Master Chief. Then Verge said he is coming to smash.

Honestly, Verge could be piggybacking, or what evenb could be happening is that thats for the maste cheif collection and not related to smash at all.

Basically, we have no hard proof, just people assuming

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If Chief is CP10 I expect CP11 to be a JRPG character and that Lloyd's Mii Fighter costume would come with them, unless it is Lloyd himself.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Supposidly, someone datamined the eshop, and there were 4 things. 2 were scrambled, and 2 others said Metroid 5 and Master Chief. Then Verge said he is coming to smash.

Honestly, Verge could be piggybacking, or what evenb could be happening is that thats for the maste cheif collection and not related to smash at all.

Basically, we have no hard proof, just people assuming

Honestly if Master Chief was actually datamined that could mean that he might get released soon after the direct.

D

Deleted member

I don’t see the Lloyd Mii returning with Chief if he’s next. I think the last character will be a JRPG dude

and they’ll come with both Lloyd’s Mii and a Crono Mii

That’s right baby more in favor of my son Neku already! I’m getting the best for last!
Gil's costume returned with Steve alongside Travis and Bomberman. The Mii Costumes around Master Chief could also involve an assortment of costumes from different series not entirely exclusive to anything from Microsoft.

On that note, I have a feeling Mii Costumes would be different for the last 2 Challenger Packs in that 1 of them will consist of costumes mostly from their respective publisher like Terry while the other will be an assortment of random costumes like Byleth and BK. Master Chief falls in line with the latter which makes sense if he'd be the last character of the Vol 2, so I'm certainly wondering how this will all play out.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Chief is CP10 I expect CP11 to be a JRPG character and that Lloyd's Mii Fighter costume would come with them, unless it is Lloyd himself.
This is how we get another double dip

This time being Square Enix

and yes. This is how Neku Sakuraba from the hit Nintendo DS JRPG The World Ends With You(TM) wins.

please 🥺🤞

Gil's costume returned with Steve alongside Travis and Bomberman. The Mii Costumes around Master Chief could also involve an assortment of costumes from different series not entirely exclusive to anything from Microsoft.

On that note, I have a feeling Mii Costumes would be different for the last 2 Challenger Packs in that 1 of them will consist of costumes mostly from their respective publisher like Terry while the other will be an assortment of random costumes like Byleth and BK. Master Chief falls in line with the latter which makes sense if he'd be the last character of the Vol 2, so I'm certainly wondering how this will all play out.
Gil and Steve have the whole spelunking thing in common so I can see why Gil’s costume returned with Steve

this ONLY affects the returning Miis from 4, that’s the pattern I’m gleaning. Any new ones don’t have a set pattern. After all we got Vault Boy with Min Min

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Honestly if Master Chief was actually datamined that could mean that he might get released soon after the direct.
I don't think that's happening unless the Sakurai Presents is included as part of the Treehouse or right after their trailer, but that likely means that we're only getting one reveal.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I don't think that's happening unless the Sakurai Presents is included as part of the Treehouse or right after their trailer, but that likely means that we're only getting one reveal.
Not really, it just means that one of the reveals is ready to be showcased. The other one would probably release in fall.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
If Smash ends with a "low note" and CP10 ends up being not only a western character, but also a heavy-hitter...
Considering everything else that's happened I'll be feeling even better about a certain shrine maiden's shot at CP11...
Until I get an explanation for the Hakurei Shrine trademark I'm not losin' hope.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I doubt it would be later today, i think it would be this month though, maybe later this week

Yeah lets not read too much into Mii Costumes.

And why are people giving the champions thing any substance. He was just saying he has returned, and payed his dues for being wrong in the past(If his leak is right). Thats all.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
If Smash ends with a "low note" and CP10 ends up being not only a western character, but also a heavy-hitter...
Considering everything else that's happened I'll be feeling even better about a certain shrine maiden's shot at CP11...
I really don't believe they'll end on a low note after choosing Master Chief of all characters. But we'll see.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I really don't believe they'll end on a low note after choosing Master Chief of all characters. But we'll see.
They could if they wanted to include a Japan-appeal character to contrast the Western-focused Master Chief.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
So if we go by this leak, is it gonna be a double reveal as everyone says or will it just be one big reveal? It seems to be conflicting even if I potentially know the names here.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
="TimeSpace, post: 24437737, member: 403579"]
I am referring to Master Chief as not being a low note, as the penultimate but not final fighter.
[/QUOTE]

I know you're not calling him a low note, I just thought you said CP11 would end on a low note.

So if we go by this leak, is it gonna be a double reveal as everyone says or will it just be one big reveal? It seems to be conflicting even if I potentially know the names here.
I'd say 2 big reveals.

Didn't mean to double post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom