• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think I read once that Nintendo Ninjas are real and actively hunt people down. Can’t remember when I read about it though...

Stull... that’s one mental image I now can’t get out of my head...
I know there was something about a Nintendo 3DS hacker that Nintendo was practically spying on sort-of and they had a plan to confront him and hire him or, if they couldn’t hire him, at least get him to stop hopefully without needing to go to court.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Anonymous, and legally speaking can't prove that he's leaking if it's hinted behind prediction, you don't know who or how he leaked it.
Unlike let's say, others insiders being public images, or journalists, where the backslash can be way way waaaay more severe, whenever it's cutting ties or Legal pursuits.
Reddit really is that anonymous, huh? Shows how much I know... I thunk that with the accounts and whatever it'd be pretty easy to trace but ehhhh I suppose Reddit is after my time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I just found this in the Rayman thread
It might be wise to stay off of twitter if you don't want spoilers in that case (and also to not look up PracticalBrush12 on Reddit).
Brace ourselves.

Who will CP10 and potentially CP11 be? Find out next time tomorrow!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Brace ourselves.

Who will CP10 and potentially CP11 be? Find out next time tomorrow!
Do note that apparently the info may not contain Smash according to the replies. So we might have to wait until the actual reveal for Smash stuff.

In either case, for those wishing to avoid spoilers might I recommend the E3 discussion thread? It’s spoiler free!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just hope Xenoblade X DE is among the Nintendo leaks… 🥺 I’d be ok with like Xeno Warriors too as long as it has X content

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
POKEMON Snap :)

Not knowing something isn't being dumb. It's normal, don't worry! Not everyone knows everything about everything! Cheer up!
It's all good. I just don't know the ins and outs of my YouBooks and FaceTubes. Honestly... lost a lot of Facebook friends because I didn't know how Groups and Privacy worked and uhhh hehehehehe some of my friends didn't really enjoy my DeviantArt fanart posts hehehehehehe. Was at a party with one of em and they showed it to me and they brought it up and my face couldn't have been more beet red.

Twilord

Smash Ace
Weird thought...

Bandai published Tamagotchi in 1996 - it helped spark a revolution in 'casual' gaming.

Bandai (Namco) published Dark Souls in 2011 - it helped spark a revolution in 'hardcore' gaming

In both cases the key innovation, Bandai's secret sauce for helping to spark those revolutions, was an unhealthy enthusiasm for the death of you (your avatar) and everything you love (your pet)...

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I just hope Xenoblade X DE is among the Nintendo leaks… 🥺 I’d be ok with like Xeno Warriors too as long as it has X content
Xenoblade BARFIGHT. It's basically just an endless Battle Royale in some bar and "Uncontrollable" plays when things really heat up. It all starts when Rex thinks somebody is looking at Pyra so he throws a bottle at them. Then it turns out that said guy is Shulk and he slaps a bottle back at Rex. EVERYONE starts throwing chairs and battles and such, then Elma KICKS DOWN THE DOOR and goes "KNOCK IT OFF" and a bunch of BLADES from N.L.A. start barfighting the Blades from the Core Crystals, it's BLADE ON BLADE ACTION and things get really insane. Then SONIC THE HEDGEHOG shows up for a 30th Anniversary promo and he's all "YOU JUST PICKED A FIGHT WITH A POORLY DISGUISED HEDGEHOG WHO'S SEEN TOO MANY ACTION MOVIES!" and he fights em all too. Then the Skells drop in and so too do the Urayan forces and Indoline forces and such, some Mechon too, and Uncontrollable kicks in as beer glass is flying everywhere and crash crash lots of screaming and yelling and "YOU'D BETTER NOT LOOK AT MY GIRL AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN" and such. Last one standing wins!

I'd play it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Weird thought...

Bandai published Tamagotchi in 1996 - it helped spark a revolution in 'casual' gaming.

Bandai (Namco) published Dark Souls in 2011 - it helped spark a revolution in 'hardcore' gaming

In both cases the key innovation, Bandai's secret sauce for helping to spark those revolutions, was an unhealthy enthusiasm for the death of you (your avatar) and everything you love (your pet)...
I mean, I would say Sony and Atlus had a hand with the Dark Souls hardcore train due to Demons Souls. Like I'm positive Dark Souls would not have happened had Demons Souls not been successful.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Weird thought...

The only left to do is make a crossover title between them for the ultimate gaming experience.

"Okay just fed my Tamagotchi, took them for a walk... and a Wheel Skeleton just killed him.

Damn it, I knew should have gone with the Digimon .hack pet instead."

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
I mean, I would say Sony and Atlus had a hand with the Dark Souls hardcore train due to Demons Souls. Like I'm positive Dark Souls would not have happened had Demons Souls not been successful.

I thought Demon Souls got a much more mixed response?

Bandai just happen to be predisposed to agreeing that death is life.

"Okay just fed my Tamagotchi, took them for a walk... and a Wheel Skeleton just killed him.

Damn it, I knew should have gone with the Digimon .hack pet instead."
Having a Tamagotchi somehow make it feel like it would be The Last Of Us of Souls-likes.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
My final predictions:

It has been hard to predict anything Smash related but I am going with a Namco Rep (likely Lloyd) and a Legend of Zelda rep themed after BOTW2.

A third potential option is Ryu Hayabusa.

Also the sad thing is, there is still a small piece of me that thinks Rayman could be one of them. I have no logic behind it, it is just a feeling. Even with all of the bad news against him from the Ubisoft Presentation.

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
At E3, we in fact get a triple reveal; both DLC characters and Fighter #0... Master Hand.

The latter of whom was so cleverly hidden in the game's code that they're retroactively declared a base game fighter going forward.
genuinely wouldn't even be surprised if they made masterhand, crazyhand, or tabuu playable

Technomage

Smash Champion
Also the sad thing is, there is still a small piece of me that thinks Rayman could be one of them. I have no logic behind it, it is just a feeling. Even with all of the bad news against him from the Ubisoft Presentation.
I bet the feeling comes from that iceberg on Battlefield.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I thought Demon Souls got a much more mixed response?

Bandai just happen to be predisposed to agreeing that death is life.
Probably in Japan, but Demons Souls was received very positively in the West and while Atlus didn't expect it to sell a lot, it sold around twice as much as they expected around launch and by April, it had sold past triple the amount they estimated and got a Sony's Greatest Hits version. So no, Demon's Souls was very popular, especially in the West.

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
Probably in Japan, but Demons Souls was received very positively in the West and while Atlus didn't expect it to sell a lot, it sold around twice as much as they expected around launch and by April, it had sold past triple the amount they estimated and got a Sony's Greatest Hits version. So no, Demon's Souls was very popular, especially in the West.

That is good to know. Thank you for the correction.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, even having Master Hand in just the Multi-Man Mode is good enough. He's not designed to be a typical fighter in any way. He's still a boss and has unique boss rules.

That would be a great option and they could add more of his moveset than what was in World of Light. It'd be a "mode update" instead of a proper new fighter, and not a new mode either, so Sakurai could legit get away with it through "exact words". Though to be fair, he meant there's 6 character packs, and MH would not be part of a pack either way. Since if he meant straight characters, Mythra would already change the meaning to be more confusing than his intention.

Sadly I don't think it's happening, but it would be nice. I've played him I think three times now overall in the games. Smash 64 being a Gameshark, Melee via the Action Replay, and properly in World of Light. I never did the Melee glitch to use him, though. He's fun, but I like him best in 64 and Ultimate where you can move him around and his input commands are the same kind as regular characters(Up A, etc.)

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
sooooooo was anyone expecting a second season of dlc before it was revealed?

just wondering how many people are gonna be surprised when FP3 appears...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
sooooooo was anyone expecting a second season of dlc before it was revealed?

just wondering how many people are gonna be surprised when FP3 appears...
Eh. I accept when Sakurai said this was it. He didn’t say that during FP1 iirc

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I personally think a Fighter Pass 3 is likely...

in Parallel Universe 1337 :p
Then Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will come, and SOMEHOW it will result in several characters entering the world of Smash Ultimate due to the shattering of the multiverse/Shuma-Gorath shenanigans... so yeah, Fighter Pass 3 WILL come but it'll come after Multiverse of Madness and Doctor Strange himself will be the first character of pass 3 hahaha

Technomage

Smash Champion
Okay, here's a game: What could Smash be like in an alternate dimension? For example, a universe where Pepsiman first appeared in a video game, and has gotten into the roster.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The one thing I hope about FP3 is that SOMETHING happens so that Smash fans have to think outside the box that formed during FP1 and especially FP2 speculation.

Twilord

Smash Ace
Fighter's Pass 3...

... but Sakurai has handed it over to Bandai Namco so he can take a break, and get to experience the hype of not knowing who is in.

I want to see what Sakurai is like as a Smash Bros speculator.

Sakurai: "Guys, guys! If I know Harada as well as I think I do, he is totally about to add Crash!"

Harada doesn't add Crash either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom