• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Now, I know this won't mean much but hear me out

Arc's REALLY trying hard to make Guilty Gear big with Strive, maybe Nintendo's willing to give a push? I wish, but this stupid ****ing franchise deserves being mainstream dammit

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Now, I know this won't mean much but hear me out

Arc's REALLY trying hard to make Guilty Gear big with Strive, maybe Nintendo's willing to give a push? I wish, but this stupid ****ing franchise deserves being mainstream dammit
Here's hoping. Though I've heard some things about the game's early launch that have a slight bit concerned...

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
If this essay contains the words "Skylanders" in it, that will allow me to classify you as based.
There was zero mention of Skylanders in it, although I debated on including the DK and Bowser Skylander crossover as more evidence that Activision and Nintendo have a solid relationship.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
A whole new fighter in any regard just feels unwarranted for a series whose last main title was the shady, brain-dead abomination that was Sonic Forces.
I'm gonna be the complete buttmunch and say that Sonic got into Smash in the first place way back in Brawl coming off the heels of Sonic 06 and Sonic and the Secret Rings. Even his victory jingle is to this day straight up copy pasted from Sonic 06 (albeit without the acoustic second half of the stage clear music from that game) so... there's a weird little spectre hanging over Sonic in Smash: every fight he gets in is punctuated by a 2006 callback.

He's been in worse ditches than Forces.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Who is the Devil and why May he Cry?

Also, seeing Mankalor and remembering how big of a Mario Kart YouTuber he is reminded me of something:
What if it's revealed that Mario Kart Tour stuff you have can be transported to MK8D? 👀 👀

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Though, he also said that soon is relative.

As much as I want E3 to end it all here and now, 3 months from now would still be "soon" all things considered.
The last time Sakurai said that DLC was ending soon was in mid-December 2015 for Smash 4 and the last characters were released around 1 and a half month later.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
The I Am All of Me remix video being deleted gives more evidence for my Dante and Demifiend double reveal, as Demifiend is a SEGA character so a Shadow the Hedgehog Premium Mii could come with Demifiend.

Though I’m not sure if I should trust YouTube copyright shenanigans tbh.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Who is the Devil and why May he Cry?

Also, seeing Mankalor and remembering how big of a Mario Kart YouTuber he is reminded me of something:
What if it's revealed that Mario Kart Tour stuff you have can be transported to MK8D? 👀 👀
If it gets Dixie Kong (and the remixed version of Sunset Wilds) in an actual mainline Mario Kart game, then the entire MK gacha experiment was worth it.

Shroob

Sup?
The last time Sakurai said that DLC was ending soon was in mid-December 2015 for Smash 4 and the last characters were released around 1 and a half month later.
Right, but I also don't see us getting a patch this month and then another soo soon afterwards.

Back then, all 3 characters came out in the same patch(iirc), meanwhile, we've been getting solo-character patches. Unless the 2 final characters are like, tied to the hip in one way, I don't see us getting a patch with everything on it.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Also, unless his game comes out within the next few months, I CANNOT see us getting the SMT V protagonist. As playable, ofc.
Demi-Fiend from SMT III, if any SMT rep were to happen.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Right, but I also don't see us getting a patch this month and then another soo soon afterwards.

Back then, all 3 characters came out in the same patch(iirc), meanwhile, we've been getting solo-character patches. Unless the 2 final characters are like, tied to the hip in one way, I don't see us getting a patch with everything on it.
That still doesn’t mean a dual reveal isn’t more likely, just that it is possible the release dates of the characters could be spaced out by a month between.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Oh also by the way. A Shadow the Hedgehog Remix (I Am...All of Me specfically) was taken down by Nintendo

Evidence of the video existing

Now... this could be an absolute nothin muffin. It's probably safe to assume that it is. Youtube copyright things have lead to nothing before and they can again.

HOWEVER.

If Shadow really does show up to Smash some Brothers to "I Am... All of Me"

Then you and me...

We're goin to BURGER KING.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also, unless his game comes out within the next few months, I CANNOT see us getting the SMT V protagonist. As playable, ofc.
Demi-Fiend from SMT III, if any SMT rep were to happen.
Atlus did a ****y wucky so we know it's a November title, the question then becomes how much is V taking from Nocturne as it takes a ****ton from it and how much did the pandemic affect development

Shroob

Sup?
That still doesn’t mean a dual reveal isn’t more likely, just that it is possible the release dates of the characters could be spaced out by a month between.
Like, don't get me wrong. I want the speculation to end soon, because no matter how you slice it, the time between CP10 to CP11 if a solo reveal happens will be utterly miserable for everyone.

But I also am keeping a somewhat skeptical approach to all this. Sakurai's words could just as much mean a dual reveal as a solo, all he really said that DLC is coming to an end soon, nothing about speculation itself.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Atlus did a ****y wucky so we know it's a November title, the question then becomes how much is V taking from Nocturne as it takes a ****ton from it and how much did the pandemic affect development
Indeed.
Also, the game releases on November 11th, exactly. Thought I'd say it just for clarity :)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh also by the way. A Shadow the Hedgehog Remix (I Am...All of Me specfically) was taken down by Nintendo

Evidence of the video existing

Fake because if anyone is gonna be promoted it'll Waluigi.

Also the fact Geno returned as a mii in this pass.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
We will have at least one DLC reveal in the Nintendo Direct. I can almost count on that. Not sure if we will get both or not but I am kind of feeling like both will be referenced but one will have a fall release. (Similar to Banjo and Hero).

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Fa

Fake because if anyone is gonna be promoted it'll Waluigi.

Also the fact Geno returned as a mii in this pass.
Waluigi is absolutely THE ONE who would get promoted if ONLY one. And that's very much still possible, HOWEVER. I would argue that if they should upgrade TWO... then Shadow would be the second.

(Though I'd totally love if they'd do Krystal from Star Fox Adventures. I love SFA, would love to see a big HD stage based on it)

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright, so after thinking about the tournament thing... Still debating on if it's a deconfirm or not.

One on hand, we've had tournaments happen before a fitting character tournament, like Sephiorth and the lightweights, and I believe speedsters before Mythra. On the other hand, why the heck did they hold it back for so long? I've heard at least one theory that Byleth and Pyra were swapped, but I'm a bit hesitant to go with the shuffled fighters interpretation. Maybe they just thought it'd be funny to save the flame tournament for the fighter literally named "Flame?"

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Alright, so after thinking about the tournament thing... Still debating on if it's a deconfirm or not.

One on hand, we've had tournaments happen before a fitting character tournament, like Sephiorth and the lightweights, and I believe speedsters before Mythra. On the other hand, why the heck did they hold it back for so long? I've heard at least one theory that Byleth and Pyra were swapped, but I'm a bit hesitant to go with the shuffled fighters interpretation. Maybe they just thought it'd be funny to save the flame tournament for the fighter literally named "Flame?"
I think the tournaments CAN be hints. You said "why the heck did they hold it back for so long?". Well perhaps they were held back because they felt that the 2-in-1 tournament would fit Pyra/Mythra better.
Simultaneously, if they CAN BE SEEN as hints, they'd be small ones. If you told me that CP8 was a lightweight character, I'd probably never guess Sephiroth.

So MAYBE, CP10 could someone who isn't correlated to fire. CP11 could still be, but may also have other qualities unique enough for a themed tournament to be made correlating to it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so I found a Thing on a discord server
Brief summary, seems like GameStop is rumored to possibly double staff workers and not sell any switches (both original and lite) on June 15. And it is rumored to be about the Legend of Zelda’s 35th anniversary. . .
Yeah, I think ya know where this is goin’

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
Waluigi is absolutely THE ONE who would get promoted if ONLY one. And that's very much still possible, HOWEVER. I would argue that if they should upgrade TWO... then Shadow would be the second.

(Though I'd totally love if they'd do Krystal from Star Fox Adventures. I love SFA, would love to see a big HD stage based on it)
what if they do a smaller assist trophy promotion pass after fp2? for fanservice...I mean the models and moves are already there

waluigi/shadow/krystal/bomberman/zero ?!???

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Are memes making me want Sol Badguy, a character I know nothing about, in smash?

It’s more likely than you think.
Join us, Noipoi. And you will know the Smell of the Game, my friend.

No joke tho Sol’s themes are some of the best GG music there is.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
What's funny is that even with the tourney news, this might be the last quiet day for the next week. With Summer Game Fest starting tomorrow (no doubt sparking theories about which third party fighter the reveals could point to), various E3 events kicking into high gear, "leaks" being thrown about once the weekend hits, and the never ending talk about the Switch Pro?

We'll be hitting 2000 pages before you know it.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
what if they do a smaller assist trophy promotion pass after fp2? for fanservice...I mean the models and moves are already there

waluigi/shadow/krystal/bomberman/zero ?!???
For like a so-called "bonus fighter"?

Yeah like, if they wanna make Ashley from Warioware playable, that'd be neat. Skull Kid too.

EDIT: I remembered how to read

Yeah, 4 of em? I'd pick Krystal, Ashley, Skull Kid and Samurai Goroh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom