• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
what if they do a smaller assist trophy promotion pass after fp2? for fanservice...I mean the models and moves are already there

waluigi/shadow/krystal/bomberman/zero ?!???
Considering Tekken 7's season passes after 2 have less characters than pass 2, and no guests, I think they would cut the budget if more DLC is coming after this. IF.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Join us, Noipoi. And you will know the Smell of the Game, my friend.

No joke tho Sol’s themes are some of the best GG music there is.
Hey, don't forget about the almost-original
Also if Sol somehow makes it in even with the fire tournament this NEEDS to play during any Sol ditto, or any ditto on the GG stage

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Also, I saw this really well made Google Doc by GameFAQS user Gnateb about a potential Smash x Dark Souls crossover.
TL;DR Dark Souls is the overall bestselling Bamco IP not repped in Smash at all, one of the most influential games of the last decade, across all platforms, and having a series whose own lore could tie in perfectly with SSBU's lore would be amazing

Shroob

Sup?
So if Gamestop's apparently got 'something big' related to Zelda on the 15th, the day of E3

I think BotW2 is 100% going to be shown off, which isn't a surprise, but we're going to get a release date 100%, probably holiday 2021.

BotW2 is going to be Nintendo's big E3 bombshell, while I think Smash will probably still be there, but in a much less state. BotW2 is going to be the big thing that they want everyone to focus on, especially if it's dropping this year.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
I saw on another forum the "big zelda" thing is just a poster. Don't know how accurate that is

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
u got good taste tbh Ashley been one of my MWs for a while

there's currently a glaring lack of mages on the roster
Well my reasoning is that:

1. Ashley from Warioware, there is very real love for that character, even if a lot of it is born out of a misheard lyric in... Warioware Touched? More Wario is always good by me and Ashley is far and away the Warioware extended cast character that has earned the love.

2. Skull Kid. VERY intense love for Majora's Mask. One of my favorites as well. More Majora's Mask love is always good.

3. Samurai Goroh. More F-ZERO in Smash would be great purely because it very much seems like Smash is gonna be where F-ZERO exists for the time being.

4. Krystal. PERSONAL want. Star Fox Adventures is one of my VERY VERY FAVORITE GAMES EVER. Krystal being the most prominent character that would immediately rep that game. Thorntail Hollow would be a great stage but like more of Dinosaur Planet/Sauria, I would LOVE this. That weird.. Sharpclaw? Shopkeeper guy floating around "Youuuuuuuuuuuu paaaaaaay this much..... OKAY I'LL SELL IT TO YOU!" I love that blasted game. I want it back man! Smash would be a great place to resurect it.

Shroob

Sup?
I saw on another forum the "big zelda" thing is just a poster. Don't know how accurate that is
Gamexplain said as such

But they also said that Gamestops are going into overdrive mode on the 15th, the same day as Nintendo's presentation. Something is happening then that'll cause people to rush to their game-stores, and it seems very likely to be Zelda-related.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Ya know
If that fire tournament really does deconfirm fire users (As CP10 at least)

Diablo's out for that spot ;'(
He could still be 11, and unless it already happened, we could get a Villains themed tourney

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
OH SNAP
According to icedragondam on GameFAQs:
So apparently the fire tournament's tourney number is 4013, while it was supposed to be 4048. 4013 would be the first tourney number AFTER Byleth released.

So they DID in fact delay this tourney, as Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra are usable in this tourney

And UltimateCyborgOverlord UltimateCyborgOverlord While the engineer in me would say yes because it's rocket fuel with heat being converted into thermal energy and whatnot, R.O.B's not usable in the tourney.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
OH SNAP
According to icedragondam on GameFAQs:
So apparently the fire tournament's tourney number is 4013, while it was supposed to be 4048. 4013 would be the first tourney number AFTER Byleth released.

So they DID in fact delay this tourney, as Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra are usable in this tourney
I’m not sure why it matters.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

He also doesn't feed his kids properly
This video is seriously very funny, at least for me.

We would also need a video about his rivalry with Ky and all the times they fought each other, and another video about Sol being an uncle while taking care of Ky's son.

Hey, don't forget about the almost-original
Also if Sol somehow makes it in even with the fire tournament this NEEDS to play during any Sol ditto, or any ditto on the GG stage
All amazing tracks, but you and NonSpecificGuy forgot to mention his Xrd's theme, which is also great.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice

You ever just... browse Twitter and see something you didn't expect to see, yet find it weirdly fascinating? Yeah... I'm having that moment.

Anyway, Raz for Smash.
For what I assume is supposed to be an all-star crossover-type image, the amount of Wolfenstein characters sure is disproportionate.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Gamexplain said as such

But they also said that Gamestops are going into overdrive mode on the 15th, the same day as Nintendo's presentation. Something is happening then that'll cause people to rush to their game-stores, and it seems very likely to be Zelda-related.
Nintendo on the 15th: "So botW2 will be like the first game, but bigger, improved, and have more variety and stuff to do!"

fans: "I mean, yeah, that figures, cool to know. Don't see why this news should make us feel the need to rush dow-"

Nintendo: "Also Sidon will be playable in BotW2"

Mass chaos and hysteria breaks out in front of Gamestop stores worldwide

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Nintendo on the 15th: "So botW2 will be like the first game, but bigger, improved, and have more variety and stuff to do!"

fans: "I mean, yeah, that figures, cool to know. Don't see why this news should make us feel the need to rush dow-"

And for first print run copies, Zelda is also playable, and she's a boxer! She can run really fast and use her boxing gloves to inflict damage on any and all enemies, bypassing weaknesses, and challenge NPCs to sparring matches. Gotta pay for this feature after a certain amount of time, but buy now for it to be free.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Sidon's seal of approval:

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

7NATOR

Smash Master
I’m not sure why it matters.
The fact that they delayed it to add in 2 of the FP2 characters, as well as the fact that they did it now (especially a week before the supposed reveal of at least CP10) kind of suggests that Both of the last 2 characters won't have Fire Special moves

Fake because if anyone is gonna be promoted it'll Waluigi.

Also the fact Geno returned as a mii in this pass.
I will say technically, Beware the Forest mushrooms was used for Geno's Mii Costume trailer, even if not in the actual game

In any case, I say this with respect to Waluigi and his fans (Waluigi is very eccentric), but Shadow does not need Waluigi to get in first to get in himself. Shadow can get in over Waluigi

I understand that Waluigi got Reggie to mention him, and he's very popular, but that doesn't grant him automatic priority over the other Assists, because there are different things at play here than just the Popularity and Reggie's word. I will say that Waluigi is definitely at the top in terms of potential Assist Promotions, but not the only option though

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
If there is a dual reveal at E3 it will be a pity that after some (potentially?) interesting and exciting games shown at E3, threads like this and some of the character ones will potentially have far less people to talk about them. Stuff like a new 2D Metroid, new DK, and BotW2 could be ripe for discussion, especially in a place like here.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I'm not trying to argue for or against Shadow here, but if you only consider a character's merits while ignoring everything else, then any character can seem likely. Goku is a relevant, popular, requested character, that comes from a 3rd party that's easy on licensing, and has an interesting move pool.
Goku? Easy on licensing? Hell no!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
If you had to put money on who the last two characters are in this Smash Fighter Pass, who would you put it on?
Hayabusa and...
mmm...
Sol

Why is the gear guilty?

What’d it do?
Explained here:

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero

You ever just... browse Twitter and see something you didn't expect to see, yet find it weirdly fascinating? Yeah... I'm having that moment.

Anyway, Raz for Smash.
I’m just really glad to see the Battletoads get some more recognition. Rash really does stand out from every other character here.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
It would be a nice surprise to have a Battletoads Switch port get revealed at E3. May not be likely, but given that the Ori duology got on the system (and that's been far more high profile), perhaps Microsoft could see some value in putting that kind of retro beat em up in front of a Nintendo audience.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It would be a nice surprise to have a Battletoads Switch port get revealed at E3. May not be likely, but given that the Ori duology got on the system (and that's been far more high profile), perhaps Microsoft could see some value in putting that kind of retro beat em up in front of a Nintendo audience.
I’m actually really hoping for RARE Replay to get ported to the Switch. That way, we can get all their great games like Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, and Banjo Kazooie in one package.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Yo dude, I'm going to assume you're a big enough GTA fan and follower to ask you this, but have FREQUENT rumors of GTA 3 hitting the Switch been swirling around? I heard this once and got kinda hype; I've always wanted to play a GTA game that isn't GTA 5 (funny cuz I dont even own Gta 5 myself I just got the chance to play it on my friend's PS5)
Yeah. GTAIII rumors have been floating around but it seems nothing has come up other than some ratings stuff from months ago for the Rockstar Games Launcher. If it happens now, it would be tied to the 20th anniversary like how the 10th gave us a mobile port. The game itself is great GTA fun but certainly not as good as the future titles. III has a few drawbacks like the lack of a solid map, more unfair missions, tough AI, clunkier shooting controls, and a simple story. The remasters seem to be more forgiving by letting you retry missions and giving checkpoints at least so it's still worth getting on Switch.

Ya know they could pull a Castlevania with GTA

Simon's the OG, and the most iconic Belmont, and he's the original, with Richter being a very popular Belmont and a representation of Castlevania's latter half of its history.

Now to GTA:
CJ or Claude could be our Simon. While they're not the first protagonists for sure of the series, they both are from, essentially the older half of the series, and CJ is arguably the series' most iconic character.

Someone like Franklin from GTAV could be your Richter; he's the most recent GTA protagonist, and he's gotten significant recognition. You can say the same thing for Michael and Trevor to an extent imo, but Franklin seems to me like the main of the three. After all, he's the one that "decides" on Paths A, B, and C in the story.

CJ as your original fighter, Franklin as the echo
Maybe just throw in different idle animations, and final smashes, and then call it a day.
I really hope they do something like that if GTA somehow happens. I wonder if CJ would make the cut oddly. The only reason I feel GTA has a hair of a chance is because of GTAV's world-shattering success. CJ from SA is mainly popular in the west. Vice City's Tommy Vercetti might make more sense for Japan since his game was the best-selling GTA until GTAV surpassed it by a lot. It feels like a Persona 5 or FFVII situation where they would only focus on oen game sadly. I love CJ though so my hope would be to see him be a semi-clone one day. If you scroll down through this concept, there's a version of how CJ would work differently.

I feel like Michael, Franklin, and Trevor could solidly work as simpler echos of each other. They're too different to be alt costumes tbh. A few different animations and maybe a few stat differences to reference their special abilities like in this concept would be super cool and make it so no specific fan of any of them would feel left out. They're all basically all just as deserving for being the sole GTA rep in Smash. Michael is the original protagonist created for GTAV and the one who the plot revolves around the most, Franklin represents the classic 3D era as he's a younger more level-headed character who makes it big and he decides the end, and Trevor initially became the breakout fan-favorite because of his personality and he plays a big part in kicking the plot into motion.
also pls.png
If you can't have more than one echo, having CJ and Franklin echo each other would still be perfect. Maybe mix a few elements from both moveset concepts where you're not sure who echos who just like Simon and Richter.

pls happen.png

If I could only get one of them, my idea would be to add Franklin as he represents GTA as a whole the best and would add a bit more real race representation to the CSS. His Final Smash could give you the ability to choose between Michael or Trevor helping. If you choose Michael, you Switch to him and get to snipe opponents from a safe vantage point. If you choose Trevor, you switch to him as he parachutes in, pulls out a minigun, and you control exactly where the shots go.

Then again... all this talk of Franklin and he's already in the game as a Mii Costume... Maybe next game?
0f80ni2beow51.jpg

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So 6, closer to 5 now, days until the big show, and even less if you're interested in the other companies.

Every day, the suspense is going to get worse and worse.
I do care about other companies, so I'm legit 'bout ready to go into hyper overload, man.

Really, really wanna see that SE presentation. FF and DQ goodies? GIMME GIMME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom