• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I think LiveStudioAudience actually meant to say Octoling.
Indeed I did. Basically between Splatoon being huge in Japan and big in the West, the first party DLC tending towards newer games, and plenty of mechanics that Inkling doesn't have that could be used, I think an Octoling bookmarking Ultimate as the last character has a decent chance.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Indeed I did. Basically between Splatoon being huge in Japan and big in the West, the first party DLC tending towards newer games, and plenty of mechanics that Inkling doesn't have that could be used, I think an Octoling bookmarking Ultimate as the last character has a decent chance.
If Smash Ultimate's first character revealed is Inkling and last character revealed is Octoling.

1623107926985.png

Last edited:

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
So, who do you guys think will be the last two DLC characters for Smash Bros. Ultimate?

EDIT: 1500 pages!
Demi-Fiend (to nobody's surprise), and... I'm really not sure. I'd have said Dante, but I feel like the miis made that unlikely. Crash feels like the obvious choice, but I think that's just because I hear people talking about him so often. I feel like a first party would make sense, and because of Age of Calamity and BOTW 2, it makes a decent amount of sense, so:

Demi-Fiend and Urbosa (or one of the other champions/Terrako if it has a role in the next game).

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
TBH the possibility of Octoling being dlc is kinda being slept on. They could even reveal it after sum splatoon 3 stuff at e3 if they want. Plus its easy promo for the game itself
I admit the reason I didn't consider them for the longest time was that I oddly kept thinking they'd have to be similar to Inkling in most of their moveset before realizing Splatoon has plenty of other weapon/elements to mine from. Moreover given that Xenoblade 2 got characters over three years after the release of its game, then essentially Splatoon 2 receiving one roughly 4 years after its one doesn't feel that much out there.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Its gonna be fun to come back and see who was most accurate in their predictions.
I'm gonna guess Chosen Undead and BOTW rep

Ivander

Smash Legend
So, who do you guys think will be the last two DLC characters for Smash Bros. Ultimate?

EDIT: 1500 pages!
I'll stick to my Phantasy Star and Halo/Master Chief reveals. Nothing wrong about sticking to it since there isn't anything to lose or gain.

I don't think I'll be right, as I think Dark Souls getting a character is more likely, but hey, nothing wrong about being wild with predictions.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, whatever happens, I bet most of us will be disappointed in whoever the last two DLC fighters really are...

...Because reality is often disappointing.

Technomage

Smash Champion
I'm gonna guess Chosen Undead and BOTW rep
Ah man, I totally forgot about a BotW2 rep AGAIN. Why do I keep forgetting that?

Anyways, I'm gonna add that to one of my predictions for a 1st-party rep.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The thing that makes me hesitant on a BotW2 rep is like.... who's even a viable candidate?

The Champions seem like the obvious answer, but I don't see one getting in without all of them getting in, since one really isn't any more important than the others.

There's Zelda, I guess, but Sakurai's done the whole "Eh, she doesn't look like a fighter."

Then there's Ganoncorpse, who we know jack about as of right now.

So that leaves what? Hyrule Warriors Impa? Which got a Spirit Event recently?

I'm kinda serious when I suggest Lynel as a BotW rep since no other characters really seem like they'd work tbh.

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
Is there any chance of Shinobi leaking the E3 character for us a few days beforehand like he did with Ridley and Banjo?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing that makes me hesitant on a BotW2 rep is like.... who's even a viable candidate?

The Champions seem like the obvious answer, but I don't see one getting in without all of them getting in, since one really isn't any more important than the others.

There's Zelda, I guess, but Sakurai's done the whole "Eh, she doesn't look like a fighter."

I'm kinda serious when I suggest Lynel as a BotW rep since no other characters really seem like they'd work tbh.
Well, BOTW Zelda also isn't very similar to regular Zelda, so he could more mean "she doesn't feel like she'd fight the same".

The next version of Zelda from the sequel could be a whole nother story. She might even be playable, or have something he can work with.

I do like the idea of a Lynel, though.

Yeah, I hope Ganoncorpse is interesting, at least. Apparently it might be the latest version of Ganondorf?

Technomage

Smash Champion

Honestly, I would have thought that Ninty would have given the details about Mummydorf if he were to be one of the DLCs.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I can think of someone people would probably go crazy for (again)...

Noipoi

Howdy!

Sidon, obviously.

edit: ninja’d

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
TBH the possibility of Octoling being dlc is kinda being slept on. They could even reveal it after sum splatoon 3 stuff at e3 if they want. Plus its easy promo for the game itself
I totally agree with you but there's one thing that worries me. Even if Octoling uses totally different weapons and attacks from Inkling, even if they share nothing except maybe the ink mechanic, I have a feeling that tons of people will be upset they paid for an "Inkling echo fighter"

I know Nintendo probably wouldn't take this backlash into account if they actually select Octoling for DLC, they don't particularly care about things like that, but it'd get toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom