• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yes, but when your goal is to make a fighting game focused on swords, you HAVE to prove that swordfighters are not automatically clones of one another.
Right, but arguing that they aren't all clones of each other only acknowledges like the lowest possible hanging fruit of that argument, because I would understand the swordfighter argument to be largely motivated by similar thematics rather than people who genuinely believe they play the same; with the arguments of that latter contingent just being easiest to rebut, because of course they don't.

But to sum up the entire dissent under that position is at least mischaracterization and verges close to strawmanning.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I feel like we're all missing the true crime here.
Hammer users: :ultkingdedede::ulticeclimbers:
Has a single hammer attack: :ultkirby::ultisabelle::ultgnw::ultbowserjr:
Has a hammer but refuses to use it for some reason: :ultmario::ultluigi::ulttoonlink:
Hammerless trash peasants::ultzss::ultzelda::ultyoshi::ultwolf::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario::ultvillager::ultyounglink::ult_terry::ultsteve::ultsonic::ultsnake::ultrichter::ultsimon::ultshulk::ultsheik::ultdarksamus::ultsamus::ultsephiroth::ultken::ultryu::ultchrom::ultroy::ultrosalina::ultrobin::ultrob::ultridley::ultpyra::ultpokemontrainer::ultdarkpit::ultpit::ultpiranha::ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultolimar::ultness::ultminmin:ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultbrawler::ultmewtwo::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultlucina::ultmarth::ultlucas::ultlucario::ultlittlemac::ultlink::ultkrool::ultjoker::ultjigglypuff::ultinkling::ultincineroar::ultike::ulthero2::ultgreninja::ultganondorf::ultfox::ultfalco::ultduckhunt::ultdoc::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultcorrin::ultcloud::ultfalcon::ultbyleth::ultbowser::ultbayonetta::ultbanjokazooie:
Every fighter could be a hammer fighter if you turn items on. :4pacman:

I know, crazy suggestion. Mention of items in the competitive Smash community...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I stayed out of this little spat on twitter yesterday but if these terms are sticking around that's gonna be a bummer. It's playground shenanigans.

Can't we just go back to simpler times and call each character [their most distilled surface quality] Marth again? You know like last time, how we got Book Marth, Girl Marth, Fire Marth, Dragon Marth, Big Sword Marth, and Round Yellow Ghost-Eating Marth?
Squid Marth
Space Dragon Marth
Orange Princess Marth
Christian Marth
Christian Marth 2
Girl Marth’s Father Marth
Dark Spaceman Marth
Crocodile Marth
Dog Girl Marth (I’m sorry I somehow forgot)
Fighting Marth 2
Lion Furry Marth
Plant Marth (sorry I forgot the plant too)

Thief Marth
Goku Marth
Bear Marth & Bird Marth
Fighting Marth 3
Teacher Marth

Noodle Girl Marth
Block Marth / Block Girl Marth / Block Undead Marth / Block Slenderman Marth
Big Sword Marth’s Dark Psychological Tormentor Marth
Fire Girl Marth
Light Girl Marth
[CP10 Marth TBA]
[CP11 Marth TBA]

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Squid Marth
Space Dragon Marth
Orange Princess Marth
Christian Marth
Christian Marth 2
Dark Spaceman Marth
Crocodile Marth
Fighting Marth 2
Lion Furry Marth

Thief Marth
Goku Marth
Bear Marth & Bird Marth
Fighting Marth 3
Teacher Marth

Noodle Girl Marth
Fire Girl Marth
Light Girl Marth
[CP10 Marth TBA]
[CP11 Marth TBA]
I can’t believe you left out Dog Marth!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Squid Marth
Space Dragon Marth
Orange Princess Marth
Christian Marth
Christian Marth 2
Dark Spaceman Marth
Crocodile Marth
Fighting Marth 2
Lion Furry Marth

Thief Marth
Goku Marth
Bear Marth & Bird Marth
Fighting Marth 3
Teacher Marth

Noodle Girl Marth
Fire Girl Marth
Light Girl Marth
[CP10 Marth TBA]
[CP11 Marth TBA]
That's all well and good but Fighting Marth 3 is actually the only character that isn't Marth. It's Hat Ken.

Which is strange because Ken himself is Blonde Hadoken Marth.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I don't really understand why people care about the animations of swordfighters being technically similar when the overall feel of the moves is often very different. Anyone who knows anything about animation will tell you that the number of frames spent, eg before a swing vs. during it has a huge impact on the feel of it. Look at Hero's bair vs Roy's and tell me they feel the same. The actual motion of those moves is very similar, but they don't feel similar.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I like the idea of using the boxing ring again, but I'd prefer if it was Ryu or Ken instead of Incineroar fighting Terry. Have Ryu and Terry fight for a bit until the camera focuses on the giant screen. Lights go out, the screen cracks and this pops up:

Sol breaks out of the giant screen and starts fighting both Terry and Ryu while Heavy Day plays, before transitioning into the gameplay montage.
This is a cool idea, at least the Here Comes Daredevil suggestion. I like it.

Gwen's idea is also nice, if Sol brought his Dragon Install as a mechanic, which is highly likely, I could totally see the trailer going a way where Sol ends having a hard time against the other characters until he decides to transform and proceed to beat everyone else. After that we could have the classic cut to gameplay.

Technomage

Smash Champion
We also got:

:ultmario:Italian Marth
:ultwario:Dirty Marth
:ultgreninja:Froggy Marth
:ult_terry:Trucker Marth
:ultrob:Robot Marth
:ultpiranha:Flower Marth
:ultpit:White-Meat Chicken Marth
:ultdarkpit:Dark-Meat Chicken Marth
:ultshulk:Star Wars Marth
:ultchrom:Daddy Marth
:ultroy:Ginger Marth
:ultsheik:Mummy Marth
:ultdiddy:Monkey Marth
:ultdk:Gorilla Marth

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
We also got:

:ultmario:Italian Marth
:ultwario:Dirty Marth
:ultgreninja:Froggy Marth
:ult_terry:Trucker Marth
:ultrob:Robot Marth
:ultpiranha:Flower Marth
:ultpit:White-Meat Chicken Marth
:ultdarkpit:Dark-Meat Chicken Marth
:ultshulk:Star Wars Marth
:ultchrom:Daddy Marth
:ultroy:Ginger Marth
:ultsheik:Mummy Marth
:ultdiddy:Monkey Marth
:ultdk:Gorilla Marth
Don't forget the best one
:ultgnw: Abomination Marth

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Shulk does know who the last two characters are, but he opted to post them in the form of a 4Chan leak, where none of us believed it.:4pacman:
That pathetic lightsaber couldn't predict a disease spreading causing all Nopon to say Meh Meh over and over again, why would you trust him with something equally important?

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else heard about this DOOM Slayer noise? Has it already been mentioned?

I don't think it's really evidence but I don't think I get the whole story behind it either... maybe someone else knows more?

MOD EDIT: LANGUAGE WARNING

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom