• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Its funny, I think I can see heavy hitters like Sora or Master Chief getting in, but my weird instinct is that they'll be inclusions in the next likely game; basically that the negotiations and/or cost might make them prohibitive for time sensitive DLC now, but within a few years they'll be the fighters to really sell the next entry.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Ok I can't lie...

Octoling doesn't feel like an E3 pick to me. Sure, Splatoon's become a flagship Nintendo franchise at only 6 years old. Sure, it could promote Splatoon 3. But idk, man...

CureParfait

Smash Ace
IT IS FINALLY DONE. HUZZAH.

I made a graphic showing all the color predictions thus far for Fighter 10, 11 and a potential bonus one (if that ever happens of course.)

I also threw in a bonus... predicting how many letters/spaces the next fighter might have as well!

Because of how less reliable the model gets when you predict farther stuff, I'll try to update this graphic when Fighter 10 is revealed (well, provided a double reveal doesn't happen.)

If the colour theory holds up I imagine 81 being Reimu, Sakura, Amami Haruka, Monokuma, maybe Dungeon Fighter's female Mage, or somewhat of a stretch but MapleStory's Angelic Buster.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
I kind of want to vote for concepts as well like certain modes, music, more Echoes in general, better online

but here’s my 9 characters vote:
1. Elma
2. Mecha-Fiora
3. Neku
4. Octoling if they’re not among the last two; if they are then KOS-MOS
5. Ahri if she’s not among the last two; if she is then T-elos
6. Reimu if she’s not among the last two; if she is then any of the previous ones that don’t make it
7. Black Shadow
8. Violet (Persona 5 Royal)
9. **** it, Crash if he doesn’t make it. The fans deserve this at least

Everyone Is Here Again is a concept so I’m not listing it but if I could vote for concepts I’d add that
Oh, another game? Sounds fun; here's my 9 votes:

1) Krystal
2) Dr. Eggman
3) Freddy Fazbear
4) Crash Bandicoot
5) Coco Bandicoot
6) Imperial (Etrian Odyssey)
7) Chun-Li
8) Morrigan Aensland
9) Squall Leonhart

Twilord

Smash Ace
Its funny, I think I can see heavy hitters like Sora or Master Chief getting in, but my weird instinct is that they'll be inclusions in the next likely game; basically that the negotiations and/or cost might make them prohibitive for time sensitive DLC now, but within a few years they'll be the fighters to really sell the next entry.

I kinda agree. I doubt Sakurai thinks about this, he clearly gives every game his all...

BUT the 'Everyone Is Here' dynamic probably isn't coming back so reveals like that would be great and needed.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I made a graphic showing all the color predictions thus far for Fighter 10, 11 and a potential bonus one (if that ever happens of course.)

I also threw in a bonus... predicting how many letters/spaces the next fighter might have as well!

Because of how less reliable the model gets when you predict farther stuff, I'll try to update this graphic when Fighter 10 is revealed (well, provided a double reveal doesn't happen.)
It's easy to think Master Chief for Pack 11, with the green and whatnot. As for the Pink, well, there are alot of possibilities. I remember when the Pink used to be a bit more dark-redder that I suggested Matoi from Phantasy Star Online 2 since it was close to her color scheme. Matoi's palette doesn't really fit the new color, but Alis Landale's coloring is close to the new one.

In case you're wondering, PS1 Alis is the original artwork, the one on the right image is from PS1 Generations, the PS2 remake, and the PSO2 version is not the original, but a version that was created by the "time and history of the universe"/A vast "library" called the Akashic Records after Dark Falz/The Profound Darkness managed to find and corrupt part of it.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Ok I can't lie...

Octoling doesn't feel like an E3 pick to me. Sure, Splatoon's become a flagship Nintendo franchise at only 6 years old. Sure, it could promote Splatoon 3. But idk, man...
I could see it if there’s an additional reveal later. Min Min was probably scheduled for a reveal at E3 too, so Octoling would be just fine.

I still have my reservations about whether Octoling has a good chance or not, but yeah. In this hypothetical where these colors apparently have panned out and we got Octoling as our pink character, we also probably got Master Chief.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I kinda agree. I doubt Sakurai thinks about this, he clearly gives every game his all...

BUT the 'Everyone Is Here' dynamic probably isn't coming back so reveals like that would be great and needed.
That's an excellent point. If/when the next Smash comes out, there will be fighters not coming back. Getting big third party icons won't completely make up for it to all fans, but it would mend a decent amount of the disappointment.

Ok I can't lie...

I could see an Octoling (provided they played fairly differently from the Inkling) at E3 if there was a big Western appeal character alongside them. Not that Splatoon isn't killing it in the West; its just that is the kind of Pyra/Mythra fighter that even with their popularity in the US/Europe, it will play much bigger in Japan because they're that beloved.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I could see it if there’s an additional reveal later. Min Min was probably scheduled for a reveal at E3 too, so Octoling would be just fine.
That's an excellent point. If/when the next Smash comes out, there will be fighters not coming back. Getting big third party icons won't completely make up for it to all fans, but it would mend a decent amount of the disappointment.

I could see an Octoling (provided they played fairly differently from the Inkling) at E3 if there was a big Western appeal character alongside them. Not that Splatoon isn't killing it in the West; its just the kind of Pyra/Mythra fighter that will play much bigger in Japan because they're so beloved.
Fair, I suppose.

After all, considering the 4 currently giants of Nintendo rn...
Animal Crossing got Isabelle as an Ultimate newcomer,
Zelda got Young Link Back
Mario Series got Daisy and PP

And Splatoon.. only has Inkling rn.

Twilord

Smash Ace
Nine votes huh?

1. Shadow The Hedgehog. (Lost my dog named after him last year)
2. Team Lora.
3. Father Balder.
4. Rodin.
5. KOS-MOS.
6. Vaati.
7. Gargomon.
8. Kamek.
9. Pokémon Photographer.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Fair, I suppose.

After all, considering the 4 currently giants of Nintendo rn...
Animal Crossing got Isabelle as an Ultimate newcomer,
Zelda got Young Link Back
Mario Series got Daisy and PP

And Splatoon.. only has Inkling rn.
Moreover, the first party DLC has been geared towards making recent IP's/entries more notable. The newest Fire Emblem, the newest Xenoblade, the new fighting game series ARMS. An Octoling would fit within the pattern of promoting the newest release of Splatoon and pseudo promotion for the upcoming sequel.

SKX31

Smash Master
Don't worry, they won't do that.

Instead, they'll skip out on such a monumental series like Halo because Minecraft and actual FFVII content are here and that was enough to get the majority to buy the pass.
Sakurai / Nintendo adds a Garena Free Fire character.
SmashBoards: Does not compute, does not compute, system shutdow- Blue Screen

:4pacman: (Okay, extreme and practically impossible example, but it's to illustrate the point that we're dealing with one of the most unpredictable cycles by Nintendo standards. CP10 / 11 could be relatively small in the grand scope of things, but I'm not discounting the bigger characters because of that.)

Sidenote: Given that Terry's background color is blue (and I do not know why - the jeans perhaps?) it may for the best to be cautious before calling certain characters.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sidenote: Given that Terry's background color is blue (and I do not know why - the jeans perhaps?) it may for the best to be cautious before calling certain characters.
I think it's because it makes Terry's jacket pop out more? This works with Joker's red too to emphasize the coat but after that, not really.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Moreover, the first party DLC has been geared towards making recent IP's/entries more notable. The newest Fire Emblem, the newest Xenoblade, the new fighting game series ARMS. An Octoling would fit within the pattern of promoting the newest release of Splatoon and pseudo promotion for the upcoming sequel.

Jesus Christ, it's all making sense now.

Not to mention, Octo Expansion didn't get spirits... like the final boss of that expansion is not a spirit in Smash.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I’ll do the Nine Votes, I’d like to participate in a ballot if it was done right.
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Porky
3. Pyramid Head
4. Scorpion
5. Zagreus
6. Dr. Robotnik
7. Doomguy
8. Gordon Freeman
9. Corrin (again)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Jesus Christ, it's all making sense now.

Not to mention, Octo Expansion didn't get spirits... like the final boss of that expansion is not a spirit in Smash.
OE did get two spirits, Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy; and Octoling Octopus. But no others like CQ Cumber, Iso Padre, the OE versions of Cap’n Cuttlefish and Off The Hook, and the phone

there’s literally zero OE music either. I NEED Fly Octo Fly.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I kinda want a CQ Cumber spirit just for the memes

You turned me into a Spirit - test failed.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
But no others like CQ Cumber, Iso Padre, the OE versions of Cap’n Cuttlefish and Off The Hook, and the phone

there’s literally zero OE music either. I NEED Fly Octo Fly.
Dang it, that really do be CP material. close to 8 spirits right there.
Music tracks, we could get around 10 no problem, I'm sure some Splatoon songs aren't in smash yet.
Maybe even an OE-themed stage.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'll cite an extra two characters on the extremely miniscule chance I somehow get two of my top 9

1. Master Chief
2. Kiryu Kazuma
3. Dante
4. Nightmare
5. Fulgore
6. Waluigi
7. Edelgard
8. Scorpion
9. Orie

10. Alucard
11. Zasalamel

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
I kind of want to vote for concepts as well like certain modes, music, more Echoes in general, better online

but here’s my 9 characters vote:
1. Elma
2. Mecha-Fiora
3. Neku
4. Octoling if they’re not among the last two; if they are then KOS-MOS
5. Ahri if she’s not among the last two; if she is then T-elos
6. Reimu if she’s not among the last two; if she is then any of the previous ones that don’t make it
7. Black Shadow
8. Violet (Persona 5 Royal)
9. **** it, Crash if he doesn’t make it. The fans deserve this at least

Everyone Is Here Again is a concept so I’m not listing it but if I could vote for concepts I’d add that
  1. Krystal for sure
  2. Midna
  3. Skull Kid
  4. Porky
  5. an Undertale/Deltarune rep but like, for real this time, not just a blue hoodie to put on a mannequin
  6. whatever my favorite gen 9 pokemon ends up being, or Genesect if (Arceus forbid) i'm lukewarm on the whole batch again
  7. Bandana Dee/Magolor/the Mage Sisters/Daroach/whoever, just give Kirby something that isn't 20+ years old
  8. Medusa/Viridi/Phosphora/PYRRHON, Uprising deserved better than a sentient palette swap
  9. ...am i allowed to just put in Krystal twice? the rest of this pretty much covers my bases. maybe i'd give this last one to Geno, poor guy was robbed no wait i take it back, give me Primid. unironically, i'd love to see a Primid. give Subspace Emissary a presence on the roster, it's the best thing that ever happened to this series
i'd like to think my current top-tier favorites are safe if they decide to start thinning out the roster - two of em are mainstays since day one, and the rest either returned or got in in the first place thanks to high fan demand. that said, i'd consider dropping the last three and putting in votes for Ridley, Mewtwo, and Wolf if i found myself feeling anxious when the ballot went up

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Dang it, that really do be CP material. close to 8 spirits right there.
Music tracks, we could get around 10 no problem, I'm sure some Splatoon songs aren't in smash yet.
Maybe even an OE-themed stage.
Should be EXACTLY 8 spirits to go with the 8 motif OE pushes

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Looking at all the Nintendo franchises with playable representation and what characters they got as newcomers this time.

:ultmario:: :ultdaisy: (Echo), :ultpiranha:
:ultdk:: :ultkrool:
:ultlink:: None, got :ultyounglink: back.
:ultsamus:: :ultridley:, :ultdarksamus: (Echo)
:ultyoshi:: None.
:ultkirby:: None.
:ultfox:: None, got :ultwolf: back
:ultpikachu:: :ultincineroar: (in addition to getting :ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer:(:ultsquirtle::ultivysaur:) back)
:ultness:: None.
:ultfalcon:: None.
:ulticeclimbers:: None and what a shame as we all wanted the Polar Bear with Sunglasses.
:ultmarth:: :ultchrom: (Echo), :ultbyleth:
:ultgnw:: No Miss Game & Watch!?!
:ultpit:: None
:ultwario:: None.
:ultolimar:: None.
:ultrob:: None as he’s the last of his kind.
:ultvillager:: :ultisabelle:
:ultwiifittrainer:: None because how would a balance board even work? :p
:ultlittlemac:: None.
:ultshulk:: :ultpyra: & :ultpyra: as a transformation duo.
:ultduckhunt:: None, for obvious reasons.
:ultinkling:: Just got introduced in this game.
:ultminmin: Just got introduced in this game.

So yeah, just something interesting.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
How bad of an idea would it be to put in Spyro over Crash?

I don't really know either franchise but I have a softspot for quadrupeds...
Definitely not a bad idea. The two franchises have a lot of overlap in terms of fans.
While Crash is more popular there is certainly nothing wrong with Spyro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom