• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Just wanted to point out that because we let Pearl win the final Splatfest in Splatoon 2, the whole city of Inkopolis got destroyed.
would you rather everyone be brainwashed slaves with surveillance everywhere? just sayin', thats what woulda happened if Order won
i can't believe splatoon 2 actually turned out to be deep social commentary on how society allows awful people to step into positions of influence over the general populace

D

Deleted member

It was just a joke, a harmless joke, a jab at all the dumb theories I saw posted all the time.

I jokingly suggested one night, "Hey, since the Fighter Pass 2 logo is on fire, maybe everyone uses fire in some way?"

View attachment 303666

It all started with Min Min...

View attachment 303669

Then Steve....

View attachment 303674

Then... Sephiroth...

View attachment 303675

AND NOW.......AND NOW......

View attachment 303676

DIOS MIOS
I’m gonna blow your mind... Fighters Pass 1 also works for the fire theory

Game2018

Banned via Warnings
Since Pyra and Mythra are main characters. The protagonist first rule hasn't been broken right?

ARMS doesn't count since everyone is the protagonist.
ARMS already broke it whether you like it or not.

But if you insist, Robin and Lucina broke it already, but you may argue that Marth is the original protagonist, so that doesn't count, to which I respond that Shulk is the original Xenoblade protagonist, which would put him in the same vein as Marth, thus Pyra didn't break the rule either.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
It was just a joke, a harmless joke, a jab at all the dumb theories I saw posted all the time.

I jokingly suggested one night, "Hey, since the Fighter Pass 2 logo is on fire, maybe everyone uses fire in some way?"

View attachment 303666

View attachment 303669

Then Steve....

View attachment 303674

Then... Sephiroth...

View attachment 303675

View attachment 303676

DIOS MIOS

FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

111a9b2adc022019308c8e754e3e1ed6.jpg

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Xenoblade 2 fans, it's time for you to present some sweet music that Pyra/Mythra could come with. I want to see some sugestions.
if Elma really is donezo, just rip the bandaid off and give me the X music i've wanted since base

if an Elma mii is absent, there's no X music AND they say more fighters in development, though... that may give me hope for Elma yet...but not holding my breath

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Just getting Pyra would've been bad enough, but wasting the stance change gimmick on her? When they already have a unique mechanic to pull from in their own game?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Over all, I'm...content! Still not huge on XC2 but Pyra and Mythra look really fun, and lots of my friends are really happy about this, so that's nice.

Also maybe it was just me, but the voice direction seemed a bit better here than in XC2. I wonder if it was the same dubbing studio.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I'm just OK with them. I didn't play Xeno2 so I'm not very into it and I already fullfilled my craziest dreams with Banjo-Kazooie and Min Min, anything more is just more joy. I know people who wanted them so if they are happy I'm happy too.
Mostly satisfied with the cast and more female reps are better than OK.

Game2018

Banned via Warnings
Since Pyra and Mythra are main characters. The protagonist first rule hasn't been broken right?

ARMS doesn't count since everyone is the protagonist.
ARMS already did, whether you like it or not.

But if you insist, Robin and Lucina broke it, but you may say Marth is the original protagonist, so it doesn't count, to which I say Shulk is the original XC protagonist, so Pyra didn't break the rule said because the other protagonist already made it

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
In all seriousness though, Pyrha being chosen over Rex does seem to heavily imply that costumes released after the game's release will not be upgraded to playable fighters. This likely extends to AT's as well.
SMAASH! Puppy SMAASH! Puppy Looks like our argument had a soul for a soul, we were both right. :239:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Also maybe it was just me, but the voice direction seemed a bit better here than in XC2. I wonder if it was the same dubbing studio.
Well Xenoblade Chronicles's team thought that Rex's "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-ya!" was such a good voice clip that they decided to use it multiple times in the same scene so it's probably not that high a bar. lol

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
ARMS already did, whether you like it or not.

But if you insist, Robin and Lucina broke it, but you may say Marth is the original protagonist, so it doesn't count, to which I say Shulk is the original XC protagonist, so Pyra didn't break the rule said because the other protagonist already made it
Bruh EVERY Character in ARMS is considered the Main Character, and Pyra/Mythra are still Main Characters.

toonito

Smash Ace

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm sure it was literally just that Rex was a DLC Mii Costume and wasn't allowed.
The unfortunate truth is that this is most likely accurate. Min Min had the excuse of winning the fan vote in the online ARMS tournament, but Rex has no excuse to be overshadowed.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Xenoblade 2 fans, it's time for you to present some sweet music that Pyra/Mythra could come with. I want to see some sugestions.
Might as well listen to the whole soundtrack because all of it is a masterpiece but sticking to just battle themes only, I hope we get these two at least:

D

Deleted member

It’s not too surprising Rex isn’t the focus here. Like yeah it’s unexpected, but all the movesets I’ve seen for him or made myself weren’t really satisfactory when it came to the question of, “How do you have both Rex and Pyra on the screen at the same time while remaining faithful to the original game?”. Like if Pyra is in the background it’s nigh impossible to recreate the distance part of affinity, and if she’s in the foreground getting hit that doesn’t jive with the combat or make for a fun character either. I’m fairly sure the Sakurai presents will say something to this effect, but as a Rex, Pyra, and Xenoblade 2 fan I couldn’t be happier right now. Tbh my voice still hurts from my 4 minutes of high-pitch screaming during the reveal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

View attachment 303666

View attachment 303669

Then Steve....

View attachment 303674

Then... Sephiroth...

View attachment 303675

View attachment 303676

DIOS MIOS
Firey Pants count right?

1613606803661.png

If not, the when's Scorpion? when's Kyo? Mega Man.EXE's got a TON of Fire moves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom