• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I'm worried about Monster Hunter because it seems like things are lining up for it a bit too well. Call me superstitious, but it feels almost too good to be true. I'm a bit hesitant to invest in "safe" picks for that reason.
On one hand, this would make a whole lot of sense for us to get a playable Monster Hunter and it'd be the perfect time to strike while the iron is hot.

On the other hand.... When it comes to Smash, "Safe" picks usually end up falling flat in our faces. hard.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Tfw ALL your picks are risky af so you have nothing but hopes to ride on

and let out the biggest YEAH BOIIIII EVER when by a miracle your risky picks get in

best feeling ever
Yeah at this point even I'll pop off if Elma is revealed, despite knowing **** all about the character, from all the secondhand hype.

D

Deleted member

Tfw ALL your picks are risky af so you have nothing but hopes to ride on

and let out the biggest YEAH BOIIIII EVER when by a miracle your risky picks get in

best feeling ever
What are your picks that you consider them all long shots?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Monster Hunter could be CP10 or CP11. Yeah, CP9 would be perfect timing but it's not like CP9 is the last chance for the character. Specially considering these characters were decided in 2019 and we're in a pandemic where a lot of games have been delayed.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Monster Hunter could be CP10 or CP11. Yeah, CP9 would be perfect timing but it's not like CP9 is the last chance for the character. Specially considering these characters were decided in 2019 and we're in a pandemic where a lot of games have been delayed.
Yeah MH is big enough that it can be revealed at any point. If we're talking frontrunners for specifically CP9, given that it's a Nintendo focused info drop, I think it's both the best and last chance for most the 1st party characters people want. If we don't get Rex, Cinderace, Bandana Dee, etc. today then they likely won't come during this pass.

It's funny to think that we've reached a point that Nintendo characters are competing with each other for a spot in Super Smash Bros after so many 3rd party characters.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I mean if it's related, it could possibly help us cross out characters like crash but idk if it is
Personally with the tourney being this close to the direct, I imagine it be related

anyway the Smash wiki has the list of characters in the tourney

Online Tourney - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

Go all the way to the bottom. Like I was thinking, not every Non-Weapon character is included. characters like Falcon, Ryu, Ken, Terry, and Little Mac aren't included in this tourney. However I will say that just because Weapon based characters have less chances of using their body, they might seem more likely

In any case, I doubt Pokemon or Crash being the reveal if this tourney is related.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What are your picks that you consider them all long shots?
Let’s see here:
  • Elma (duh) it seems to be the consensus that Rex is likelier so that’s why she’s considered “risky” esp considering many believe she hinges on an X port
  • KOS-MOS. Yeah I don’t think anything needs to be said here
  • Reimu Hakurei. Yes an official Touhou game got announced for switch. Whether it’ll come worldwide is another question
  • Octoling. Many believe they’d have been better as an echo in base. Having played Octo Expansion and thought of a high-risk-high-reward play style with different weapons, I beg to differ
  • League of Legends rep, i also believe I don’t need to say anything here
  • Neku Sakuraba. Yes he was spared from Sephiroth’s Mii wave but he p much hinges on a potential pass 3 now. And I hope it happens cuz holy frick I love TWEWY
  • Black Shadow... cries in F-Zero Hiatus

D

Deleted member

Let’s see here:
  • Elma (duh) it seems to be the consensus that Rex is likelier so that’s why she’s considered “risky” esp considering many believe she hinges on an X port
  • KOS-MOS. Yeah I don’t think anything needs to be said here
  • Reimu Hakurei. Yes an official Touhou game got announced for switch. Whether it’ll come worldwide is another question
  • Octoling. Many believe they’d have been better as an echo in base. Having played Octo Expansion and thought of a high-risk-high-reward play style with different weapons, I beg to differ
  • League of Legends rep, i also believe I don’t need to say anything here
  • Neku Sakuraba. Yes he was spared from Sephiroth’s Mii wave but he p much hinges on a potential pass 3 now. And I hope it happens cuz holy frick I love TWEWY
  • Black Shadow... cries in F-Zero Hiatus
Alright, yeah, some hope is needed there. At least they're not extremely far out there.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Neku Sakuraba. Yes he was spared from Sephiroth’s Mii wave but he p much hinges on a potential pass 3 now. And I hope it happens cuz holy frick I love TWEWY
Just wondering, i hear a lot of good about this game but i already have a gigantic backlog of RPG's so what's it like, i don't know if i want to get it or not.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yeah, my favorites are all fairly risky as well.
  • Reimu - Not as much Nintendo connection, region-centric, kinda relies on the cultural osmosis and the fan's roundabout methods to get around those issues
  • Adol - Niche series from a small company, competition from the arguably more popular Trails
  • Bandana Dee - DLC hasn't been very kind to supporting characters, and the two we have so far have unique circumstances surrounding them
  • Klonoa - Press F to pay respects, Bamco didn't even give him a chance. The Encore trademark means he could have a second shot at life, but he's got a long way to go before he can reach even the lower levels of Smash-tier.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
After some thinking I am placing my money on either Reimu or Monster Hunter getting in today.

Reimu because this slot seems like the perfect time for someone like her to get in and she isn't as "Far fetched" as people think she is. A Direct is the best time to announce someone like her as well, just like with Terry in FP1.

Monster Hunter even if I said that was "too safe" of an option but really... This would be the perfect time to announce them if they got in. They may get in other slots because it's freaking Monster Hunter but this is the most appropriate slot.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Just wondering, i hear a lot of good about this game but i already have a gigantic backlog of RPG's so what's it like, i don't know if i want to get it or not.
It's got a very JRPG aesthetic if that's your thing. I enjoyed the game a lot, but it's not for everyone. I'd also highly recommend playing it on a DS over anything else, because the game was pretty much designed with the dual screen function in mind.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm worried about Monster Hunter because it seems like things are lining up for it a bit too well. Call me superstitious, but it feels almost too good to be true. I'm a bit hesitant to invest in "safe" picks for that reason.
I think Monster Hunter is probably the most likely pick now too.

The more I read about the chances, the more certain I get about their chances.

Could be a double reveal tho! Monster Hunter, fighting a Pokemon. I could see that totally being trailer worthy.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
It's got a very JRPG aesthetic if that's your thing. I enjoyed the game a lot, but it's not for everyone. I'd also highly recommend playing it on a DS over anything else, because the game was pretty much designed with the dual screen function in mind.
got it, since i don't have much easy access to a DS i'll just wait for the sequal, by any chance is the aesthetic somewhat similar to the Jet Set Radio games?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Get it, but if you get the switch version (which has a new epilogue that will tie into the sequel TWEWY NEO), please play it handheld. It plays HORRIBLY docked, as in docked mode it’s really meant for 2 players

:ultgreninja: ’d

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Did Resident Evil stop existing or something? Especially since it's sold more total than Monster Hunter has (90 million vs 66 million).
I ****ing hate the _____ is the last thing to make Smash "complete!!" looking at you PapaGeno

That logic always falls flat when you actually think about for more then 5 secs

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I recently played it and it's great. I completed the main story + the new scenario they added for the Switch in almost 30 hours. The story and the characters are cool, music is great and combat is fun and original.

Personally I was expecting the Switch version to be more problematic in terms of controls and gameplay, considering it was originally designed for DS but... I barely had problems with that, so I guess it depends on each one.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Get it, but if you get the switch version (which has a new epilogue that will tie into the sequel TWEWY NEO), please play it handheld. It plays HORRIBLY docked, as in docked mode it’s really meant for 2 players
well i barely ever play docked, (im a god at splatoon 2 in handheld mode with motion controls but any other playstyle and im painfully average.)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If the characters actually leaks please use the spoiler tag.

Actually, Floyd exists:

Yeah he was the protagonist of Tales of Not Existing.

It was a very strange follow up to Tales of the Abyss, though I will say I enjoyed Tear's tapdancing scene.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ah yes, Monster Hunter faces off versus a pokemon in a trailer...then after defeating said pokemon they proceed to skin it and wear it as a hat.
I dunno. I saw the thread of Zamazenta , the flagship Pokemon of Pokemon sword, dog Pokemon with the sword , and imagined then fighting Monster Hunter. And it sort of seemed like a great matchup for some reason in my mind. Maybe cause the new Monster Hunter game has a dog companion? Dunno.

Whatever happens, Monster Hunter will likely have a losing matchup to Pikachu in the actual game anyway lol.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
I ****ing hate the _____ is the last thing to make Smash "complete!!" looking at you PapaGeno

That logic always falls flat when you actually think about for more then 5 secs
the last franchises required to make smash feel complete (for the japane marekt) are

Monster' Hunter, Resident Evil, Ace Attorney, Devil May Cry, Okami, Contra, Bomberman, Goemon, SIlent Hill, Momotaro Dentetsu, Tokimeki Memorial, Shin Megami Tensei, Yakuza, Phantasy Star, Puyo Puyo, Touhou, Dungeon Fighter Online, LoL, SaGa, Bravely, Chrono, Nier, Twewy, Ninja Gaiden, Nioh, Dynasty Warriors, Atelier, Fatal Frame, Angelique, Rune Factory, Story of Seasons, Sakuna, No More Heroes, Trails, Ys, Tekken, Dark Souls, Tales of, Taiko no Tatsujin, Danganronpa, Famicom Detective club, Rhythm Heaven, Syle Savvy, Ring Fit, Disgaea, Neptunia.

at least for the Japanese market, i don't know as much about the western market so im not going to get into that.

Last edited:

metalhydra273

Smash Apprentice
the last franchises required to make smash feel complete (for the japane marekt) are

Monster' Hunter, Resident Evil, Ace Attorney, Devil May Cry, Okami, Contra, Bomberman, Goemon, SIlent Hill, Momotaro Dentetsu, Tokimeki Memorial, Shin Megami Tensei, Yakuza, Phantasy Star, Puyo Puyo, Touhou, Dungeon Fighter Online, LoL, SaGa, Bravely, Chrono, Nier, Twewy, Ninja Gaiden, Nioh, Dynasty Warriors, Atelier, Fatal Frame, Angelique, Rune Factory, Story of Seasons, Sakuna, No More Heroes, Trails, Ys, Tekken, Dark Souls, Tales of, Taiko no Tatsujin, Danganronpa, Famicom Detective club, Rhythm Heaven, Syle Savvy, Ring Fit, Disgaea, Neptunia.

at least for the Japanese market, i don't know as much about the western market so im not going to get into that.
Maybe some day people make enough high quality M.U.G.E.N. characters where we can have our "dream smash roster" of literally every somewhat large franchise

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I've said it before but Monster Hunter probably ain't happening. Not only do these things line up a little too well to really seem plausible, but if Capcom was getting a character this pass I really would imagine that would have got out during that massive Capcom leak.

You're all going to look like lunatics when this direct is over~
:4pacman:

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
wdym? Bayonetta 2 released in 2014 :4pacman:
meant bayo 3. but appreciate the jokes ya'll

idk why people are surprised RE doesn't have a smash character inclusion or AT inclusion. Re characters don't really translate to smash IMO. unlike someone like tracer that has a mechanical issue making her hard to implement Re characters don't transfer well because Sakurai wants characters from third parties to really feel like their source game counterparts. Re main characters are all normal humans with guns and the villains are mostly enhanced monsters that are really out there for smash inclusions. they often have designs meant to make a player feel disgusted or fear which is very different from even Bayonetta summonings or FF summonings on a stage.

other issue for RE is re is a resource management game: how many herbs do I have how many bullets where's mr. x?, do i engage or run form this fight? ect
if leon gets in smash and his gun runs out of ammo is that fun? how do I make that fun? does leon craft healing herbs during the match or have a set number? a RE character is a design nightmare. everything doesn't translate to smash and thats fine but sales and relevance alone doenst mean you are getting in. Sakurai wants characters to be fun. and we as players want that as well.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You've heard of Toon Link. Now get ready for: Toon!

Yup. I'm really doing this. This is a moveset for the Toon from Disney's Toontown Online, a really fun online game that is sadly now defunct. It's like Kingdom Hearts in which it's a fully original IP that also uses preexisting Disney IPs, but in all honesty, Mickey and the gang don't really do much of anything, so focusing on the Toons and Cogs was pretty effortless.

The Toons of Toontown are a peaceful folk who live in a genuine utopia where they’re allowed to play all day. At least, they were until the Cogs showed up. The machines quickly took over the streets, turning houses to corporate buildings, and spreading unhappiness throughout the land. Resilient folk, the Toons now fight back against the Cogs by pranking them until they explode.

In Super Smash Bros. they fight in just the same way with a series of visual gags rather than any traditional attacks. This is literally “it’s just a prank bro”, the fighter.

The Toon’s Neutral Special is Whole Cream Pie. It is an incredibly straightforward projectile that flies in a slight arc. Players can hold the Neutral Special to “charge” the move, and throw the pie higher, similarly to how the Inkling’s Splat Bomb works (though it’s a boost to the height and not the distance). If the opponent gets hit in the with a pie the cream will linger on their bodies for a few seconds unless they’ve been inked. In which case, the ink effect is more important to see. While it isn’t a particularly spammable or powerful projectile due to the end lag, it does help the Toon rack up damage from afar.

The Down and Side Special moves work together. The Down Special, called Quicksand, has the Toon take out a box with a button on it (which I will now refer to as a trigger box), and presses the button, causing a patch of quicksand to appear in front of them. If an opponent walks onto the quicksand, they will be buried. The Toon can only make two of these at a time, but if they use the move after that, the oldest quicksand will disappear on its own, so you don’t have to manually remove it from play like with the other trap moves in the game. Unlike the other trap moves however, there is no hitbox that goes above the ground, and it does nothing if the opponent is not standing directly on it. It’s basically the Pitfall item. This move does not work if there is no ground in front of the Toon, or if it is used in the air.

This is where the Side Special, Hypno Goggles, comes in. The Toon puts on a pair of Hypno Goggles, and does a silly hypnotic gesture. This is a command grab that hits a set distance in front of it; no closer, and no further. If the grab hits, then the opponent is forced to walk towards the user, and if quicksand is between the two of you, then they get buried. Even if there isn’t any quicksand though, the Toon recovers slightly faster than the opponent, so their quick options will still be able to hit, or they can run away if the opponent has something scary up their sleeve. This move also works in the air, and both characters float through the duration if it hits.

The Toon’s Up Special is the High Dive. The Toon jumps off of a ladder, and then dives to the ground. A glass of water appears just before they land, allowing them to safely complete their dive…It’s cartoon logic. Don’t question it. Anyway, this is a pretty terrible recovery, as while the Toon’s dive is swift, it doesn’t have a hitbox until the Toon lands, and it’s another one of the up and down Up Specials that tend to send you flying toward your doom. Thankfully though, you are able to angle your initial jump to sacrifice height for distance, or vice versa.
The Toon’s Neutral Attack has them pull out a Squirt Gun and shoot out water that goes a short distance in front of it. This is a quick attack that can be spammed, allowing you to use it to interrupt any up close opponent’s slower options, assuming they can’t low profile it. Like the rest of the Squirt Gag attacks, this is not a projectile.

Their Forward Tilt is a slap attack similar to Wario’s that has them try to bean the opponent in the face with a Cupcake. They step forward as they do so, making the range about the same. This combined with the higher damage causes it to be a move of higher risk, but higher reward than the Neutral Attack.

Their Up Tilt has them fire the Squirt Gun upward at a 45 degree angle. This is a good anti-air, but only hits in front of them, so it does leave them with a blind spot over their head. It can lead to combos at low percents. Their Down Tilt has them attach a Squirting Flower to their chest, and strike a pose as they activate it with a trigger box. This is their best combo starter, but it comes out a little slow. It becomes an invaluable tool against buried opponents.

The Toon’s Forward Smash uses the Whistle. They grab a Whistle, and make an exaggerated blowing motion into it, causing the word “TWEEET!” to pop out, damaging opponents. The power of this move is pretty mediocre for a Smash Attack. Their Up Smash has them shake a Seltzer Bottle, and spray it straight up. This can catch opponents directly above the Toon, and is a pretty powerful K.O. move, but it’s a much slower attack than the Up Tilt.

The Toon’s Down Smash has them press the button on a trigger box, causing a Grand Piano to fall from a hole in the sky. If the piano would fall onto the Toon during the move’s end lag, they will notice, and jump backwards out of the way. Charging the move causes the piano to fall later rather than upping its damage. This is a really powerful attack, but as you can imagine, it’s also incredibly slow, so it’s more of a ledge trapping tool than anything else. It also won’t go through platforms, so anyone with a platform over their heads is safe from this move.

The Toon’s Dash Attack has them try to roll a bowling ball, only for their fingers to get stuck and fly forward with it. This is one of the the Toon’s most powerful K.O. move due to the speed and power, but if you miss, you will likely be punished.
The Toon’s Neutral Aerial has them take a Seltzer Bottle and sprays it around themself. This move acts similarly to Lucina’s Neutral Aerial, and is the Toon’s strongest combo and aerial spacing tool. Depending on how you hit with it, it can combo into itself and/or the Toon’s Forward Aerial. Said Forward Aerial uses the Bike Horn, shooting out the word “HONK!” to deal damage. This attack is a good combo ender, but its range is pretty narrow, and not really all that long to compensate. It’s very likely to whiff on standing short opponents like Pikachu. The honk sound it makes and the absurdity of the attack in general makes it one of the most fun moves in the game though.

For their Back Aerial, the Toon drinks a Glass of Water, and then does a spit take behind them. This attack is more powerful than it has any right to be considering the act, but it is pretty on par with most semi-slow startup back aerials in terms of K.O. power. It does have the same narrow range issue that the Forward Aerial does though, but it does have a longer range so it’s a bit better in that regard.

The Toons Up Aerial has them hold aloft an old timey car horn that shoots out the word “AOOGAH!”, which actually has a lot more coverage than the Bike Horn. It’s one of the slower Up Aerials, but it makes for a decent K.O. move if you manage to catch the opponent with it at high percents. The Down Special has the Toon drop a Sandbag. This is a projectile attack that spikes at the start. It can also be used from above to help cover your decent. As you can imagine, using it against a reflector gets you hit.
The Toon has another of those fancy tether grabs, so it’s slow, but long ranged. To grab, they use a fishing pole, and they pummel you with a squirt bottle. Their grab aerial can help with the narrow range of their Forward Aerial, but it only does damage at the part with the bobber, so using it requires good positioning.

They blast their opponent away with a fire hose for their Forward Throw, which gives them some really good stage control do to the low angle it sends them at. For their Back Throw, they press a button on a trigger box, causing a spring loaded platform to knock them backwards. This is not a K.O. throw, but it can setup into the Back Aerial if you’re good enough.

Their Up and Down Throws use the trigger box as well, with the Up Throw summoning a geyser to launch opponents upward, K.O.’ing at high percents (about 120%), and their Down Throw summoning a Safe from a hole in the sky, forcing the opponent into a knockdown state. You can’t tech this. This is a series first, though it doesn’t really matter that much since tripping is basically the same thing.
The Toon throws a ginormous wedding cake, starting a cinematic if it hits. During the cinematic, a firing squad of Toons pelt the opponents with Whole Cream Pies. Once they relent, and the opponents and the opponents are left standing in a daze, the player’s Toon presses the button on a trigger box, causing the Toontanic to fall on them, ending the cinematic.
The toon is a dedicated trap character, using their traps to control space, the Hypno Goggles to force mistakes, and combo them when they make said mistakes. For this reason, they can be quite explosive, especially if they land something powerful like the Grand Piano. That being said though, they do suffer from some awkward hitboxes, and a bunch of really slow, but powerful options.

All in all, they’re the embodiment of a prank; They live and die by whether or not their opponents fall into their trap.

The stage begins on the gazeebo at the center of Toontown Central, oriented slightly differently so as to have both The Gag Shop and Trolley Games clearly visible. In front of both facilities, is a pond that some Toons are fishing in (the fishing docks are normally on the other side, but eh). You can also see a bunch of other Toons running about and talking to each other, and sometimes there is a Toon that just stands there, imitating a player that’s away from the keyboard. The stage itself is a flat plain in the gazeebo, that slopes down on either side, and continues onward from there, creating walk-offs.

After a bit, a shadow looms over the gazeebo, and then a Cog Building crashes down onto it, flattening the entire stage. Almost immediately afterward, a platform will rise up from the center, and all players must get on it. The platform takes you to the higher floors of the building, changing the platform layout with each floor. How many there are, and what platform layouts that appear is random. There can be either 1 or 5 floors, not counting the ground floor that the players don’t really stay on.

Because the Cogs are all about quantity over quality (they are the embodiment of corporate after all), the platform layouts are all from pre-existing stages, though the fact that they’re all here together is a bit unique in and of itself. The platform layouts that they pull from are:

• Battlefield
  • Big Battlefield (the main platform never changes, so the bottom row extends beyond it a bit)
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Town and City (both layouts)
  • Skyloft (hazards off)
  • Kalos Pokémon League
  • Pokémon Stadium
  • Minecraft World (Birch Forest Biome)
  • Spring Stadium (hazards off)
  • Spear Pillar (moving platforms only)
Cogs will also join the battle with every floor, with their strength and numbers increasing with the floor number. They mostly just walk and jump around the stage and do random attacks. Up to 4 Cogs can join in, and the last floor will always have a tougher Cog than normal (except for floor 5 because it is always the last floor). The Cogs are as follows:

• Starting at Floor 1
    • Flunky “I’m going to use you to step up the corporate ladder”
      • They will throw ties at players, pound the keys on a telephone to have numbers hit players, and use a paper shredder to hit players with paper shreddings.
    • Bottom Feeder “Let’s talk about the bottom line.”
      • They will fire the word “canceled” at opponents with a stamp, spew water from a watercooler, and use a paper shredder to hit players with paper shreddings.
    • Short Change “I’m going to Short Change you.”
      • They will throw ties at players, spew water from a watercooler, and throw a bouncing check projectile.
    • Telemarketer “Can I interest you in an insurance plan?”
      • They will throw ties at players, shout corporate word projectiles at them, and fire business cards from a rolodex.
  • Starting at Floor 2
    • Pencil Pusher “Let me get right to the point.”
      • They hit players with a burst of ink from a fountain pen, turn them invincible by erasing them, and fire a check mark at them.
    • Bloodsucker “I’m going to leave you high and dry.”
      • They will summon clouds that create puddles of water that bury opponents and throw red tape that paralyzes opponents.
    • Double Talker “I’m going to give you double the trouble.”
      • They will throw a bouncing check projectile, fire the word “canceled” at opponents with a stamp, and shout corporate word projectiles at them.
  • Starting at Floor 3
    • Micromanager “We’re going to do this my way.”
      • They will hit players with a burst of ink from a fountain pen, and summon a cloud that rains down damaging words for a bit.
    • Mover & Shaker “This should be a moving moment.”
      • They will cause the platform to shake, tripping opponents, and throw ties.
  • Starting at Floor 4
    • Downsizer “You’ve just become expendable.”
      • They will throw a bouncing pink slip projectile, trap players in a sack, and shrink them down with yellow particles.
    • Spin Doctor “Care to take a few turns with me?”
      • They will fire check marks at players, cause the platform to shake, causing tripping, and fires red particles that spin players in place, effectively stunning them.
    • Two-Face “You don’t know who you’re facing.”
      • They will throw red tape that paralyzes players, hang up a phone, creating a shockwave that damages players, and use a toothy smile sign that shoots a ring of sparkles at them.
  • Starting at Floor 5
    • The Big Cheese “Careful, I know your expiration date.”
      • They will shoot golf balls, and literally glare daggers at players.
    • Legal Eagle “I’m bringing down the law on you!”
      • They will shout legalese word projectiles at players, and summon birds that home in on them.
    • Loan Shark “You’ve been on borrowed time.”
      • They will throw Beastballs, and fire a check mark at players.
    • Mr. Hollywood “I’m ready to rock and roll your end credits.”
      • They will use a toothy smile sign that shoots a ring of sparkles at players, and shoot blue sparks that trip them.
The Pallet swaps have four different types of animals, with one of them being male, and the other female. Because this is older cartoon logic, this means that one does not have eyelashes, and the other does. Shorts and skirts were male and female only respectively, but I’m not going to strictly adhere to that.

• Flippy: The default look is based off of Flippy, the tutorial NPC & promo character. He’s an anthropomorphic, cartooney dog with aqua fur, an orange shirt with red stripes at the bottom, and purple shorts…Yeah I dunno what that color combo is either. He, and all the other toons also wear the iconic white gloves.
  • Bright Red (Female Dog): A red dog wearing a light blue shirt with a picture of the sun wearing sunglasses on it, and a blue skirt.
  • Orange (Male Cat): An orange cat wearing a purple shirt with a ghost on it, and black shorts.
  • Royal Blue (Female Cat): A royal blue cat wearing a red shirt with a Loony Labs logo on it, and brown shorts.
  • Yellow (Male Duck): A yellow duck wearing a light green shirt with a picture of an old boot on it, and royal blue shorts.
  • Green (Female Duck): A highlighter green duck wearing a red striped shirt underneath a blue vest. There is a sash going across the vest. They also wear black shorts with a red scarf around them.
  • Brown (Male Mouse): A brown mouse with a yellow shirt with a jellybean jar on it, and red shorts with a yellow belt.
  • Pink (Female Mouse): A pink mouse with a purple shirt and skirt.
  • Duck Hunt (Duck Hunt)
  • PAC-Man (PAC-Land)
  • Sonic (Green Hill Zone)
  • Toon Link (Pirate Ship)
  • Villager and Isabelle (Tortimer Island)
  • Mario and Luigi (3D Land)
  • Bonus
  • Master Hand & Crazy Hand (Final Destination)
There aren’t many characters that parallel corporate greed, so a battle between the cartooneyist of fighters it is!
This game’s soundtrack is just so fun and cheery. A lot of the music will need remixes due to the lightheartedness and older sound quality, but I think they’ll be really great. So I don’t create a headache, I will refrain from adding song titles that are named after Mickey and the gang.
  • Main Theme/New Toon in Town(Remix)
    • A cheery medley of the music you’ll here on the title screen, and as you make a character. Both are a tad repetitive, but that’s why it’s a medley.
  • Toontown Central(Remix)
    • The theme of the first town, and therefore the first hub where you’ll be spending all your time as a new player.
    • They could also throw in the remix that plays when inside a building.
  • Dancing in the Streets(Remix)
    • One of the better street themes, this one playing Minnie’s Melodyland Street.
    • They could also throw in the theme for being inside a building in Minnie’s Melodyland.
  • The Brrrgh Medley (Remix)
    • A medley of The Brrrgh themes. The Brrrgh is a late game area, and it’s also where you can find Pluto.
  • Trolley Tracks
    • Theme of the trolly, a place where you play minigames for invaluable prizes. You’ll be going on the trolley often.
  • Trolley Games
    • The theme that plays for a handful of the trolley games. This one has a special place in my heart.
  • The Funny Farm(Remix)
    • The Gag Shop theme. I don’t have much of an opinion on it, but it is for an important location considering that you need Gags to battle.
  • Encounter With Cogs(Remix)
    • The Street Battle Theme. It’s not bad, but I prefer others.
  • Building Excitement/Cog Building Intermission
    • A medley of the Cog Building battle and after winning said themes. To me, these themes are just a build up to Cog-Tastrophy!.
  • Cog-Tastrophy!(Remix)
    • The battle theme that plays at the top floor of a Cog Building. I love this theme so much, and I bet the remix would make it a banger.
  • Selling You Short
    • The Cog HQ Battle theme. It’s a remix of the Street Battle theme, but it sounds so dire. I love it.
  • C.E.O. Battle v1/Bossing You Around(Remix)
    • The battle themes that play when battling the leader of one of the Cog divisions.
  • Flunky (Novice)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle a horde of Pits on Toontown Central. Flunkys are the only Cogs that can appear, and they always come in 4’s. Toontown Central is the music for this battle.
    • Effect: Primary Spirit. Is Neutral Type, and has 1 slot.
  • Bottom Feeder (Novice)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle Wolf with item gravitation that is distracted by items on WarioWare, Inc. Encounter with Cogs is the music for this battle.
    • Effect: Grants KOs Heal Damage.
  • Pencil Pusher (Advanced)
    • Spirit Battle: You Battle Isabelle on Tomodachi Life. Nikki is summoned every so often. The music for this battle is Main Theme/New Toon in Town.
    • Effect: Grants Slumber Immunity.
  • Bloodsucker (Advanced)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle Ganondorf equipped with Lip’s Stick on Dracula’s Castle. Trolley Tracks is the music for this battle.
    • Effect: Primary Spirit. Attack Type, and has 2 slots.
  • Double Talker (Advanced)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle a purple Wario with a fast Final Smash Meter at WarioWare, Inc. The Funny Farm is the music for this battle.
    • Effect: Grants Chance of Double Final Smash.
  • Mover & Shaker (Advanced)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle Ganondorf on Shadow Moses Island, with the hazard being a periodic burial effect for players on the ground. Cog-Tastrophy! Is the music for this battle.
    • Effect: Grants Bury Immunity.
  • Downsizer (Advanced)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle a green Ridley on Living Room while you are periodically shrunk. Dancing in the Streets is the music for this battle.
    • Effect: Grants Giant.
  • The Big Cheese (Ace)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle Bowser who is distracted by food, and Bowser Jr. & the Koopalings on Shadow Moses Island. Defeat Bowser to win. The music for this battle is Building Excitement/Cog Building Intermission.
    • Effect: Primary Spirit. Is Neutral Type, and has 2 slots.
  • Loan Shark (Ace)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle a green Wario that grabs a lot on Great Bay. Selling You Short is the music for this battle.
    • Effect: Primary Spirit. Is Grab Type, and has 2 slots.
  • C.E.O. (Ace)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle King K. Rool on Shadow Moses Island as random Assist Trophies spawn in at random. C.E.O. Battle v1/Bossing You Around is the music for this battle.
    • Effect: Primary Spirit. Is Neutral Type, and has 3 slots.
  • Flippy (Legend)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle Toon with on Toontown Central with no special effects. Main Theme/New Toon in Town is the music for this battle.
    • Effect: Grants Gag Item Equipped, which gives you a funny item like the Superspicy Curry or the Bunny Hood at the start of each stock.

Last edited:

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Missed the comparisons between RE and MH, and I don't know enough about either series to know if this will even change the conclusion but PSA: if you're going to use sales numbers as an argument, don't use total sales count. That's directly impacted by number of games in the series, which tends to hurt newer series unjustly. Average sales is a better metric.

D

Deleted member

Another 45 minutes and I can leave work to go home and it'll be less than an hour before the Direct. This wait has made the day so slow.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
I have a whole lot of wants for this direct. Rhythm Heaven Switch, Wario Land 5, Halfways actually decent Mario Party, a few misc wants for Ultimate, maybe some new consoles supported by NSO (WHERE IS GAMEBOY AND N64 NINTENDO)

but no matter what happens, i'll just be happy to have some Nintendo news. As long as they reveal Rick the Hamster for Smash, or else I'll have to unleash hell upon the world, sorry.

blackghost

Smash Champion
After some thinking I am placing my money on either Reimu or Monster Hunter getting in today.

Reimu because this slot seems like the perfect time for someone like her to get in and she isn't as "Far fetched" as people think she is. A Direct is the best time to announce someone like her as well, just like with Terry in FP1.

Monster Hunter even if I said that was "too safe" of an option but really... This would be the perfect time to announce them if they got in. They may get in other slots because it's freaking Monster Hunter but this is the most appropriate slot.
ok i need you to clarify 1. why this character that multiple posts have said they have never seen or heard of prior to coming to this forum isnt "farfetched" does she have backing in a corporate setting like banjo did? is her game series building block in the progression of the genre like Terry? Im still confused how she fits into the puzzle. Not opinions i need some factual objective information about this character.

given the pandemic a direct is the perfect opportunity to announce everything so that doesnt matter. especially since we havent had a direct in a year.

i stand by the only "safe inclusion" that was easy to see coming in smash ultimate was inkling. and that's why they showed that character during smash ultimate, reveal it was too obvious. all other inclusions were obvious to some but not others. I thought sephiroth was an obvious inclusion that was shown to be a minority view.

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
Personally with the tourney being this close to the direct, I imagine it be related

anyway the Smash wiki has the list of characters in the tourney

Online Tourney - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

Go all the way to the bottom. Like I was thinking, not every Non-Weapon character is included. characters like Falcon, Ryu, Ken, Terry, and Little Mac aren't included in this tourney. However I will say that just because Weapon based characters have less chances of using their body, they might seem more likely

In any case, I doubt Pokemon or Crash being the reveal if this tourney is related.
Well if it goes against anyone its for sure crash since like almost all his attacks use his body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom