• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
NEXT CHARACTER???
So apparently his source wrote "TS" is that Tales of Symphonia???? IS LLOYD THE CHAR https://www.reddit.com/user/Practic...i?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Trails in the Sky — Estelle confirmed

That or ol’ Brush misread it and the T was actually meant to be a Y

Edit: Lol imagine how confused PracticalBrush would have been if it actually was Trails in the Sky and his source sent him the full acronym:
“I asked who the character was and they just responded with... that”

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
The thing about DoTA is...nevermind being invisible in Japan, it's not even that popular in the US especially when compared to League of Legends. The big DoTA markets are China, Latin America, and Eastern Europe. While my personal opinion is that DoTA is the better game, LoL's popularity is just magnitudes higher and Riot has been very aggressively expanding their brand in the last year or two. I know you already said LoL is more likely, but I just want to emphasize the fact that I don't think they're even in the same ballpark.

Plus really...of all the heroes they choose to make a cartoon out of it's ****ing Dragon Knight, the most white bread ass character in the entire game?!
I'd argue SEA - especially Phillipines - as another big DoTA market, and a rare region where DoTA is arguably more popular than LoL. With the exception of Vietnam, where LoL is much bigger.

I can understand why they chose Dragon Knight, despite him being absolutely simplistic in game. The concept itself is cool, and the idea is simple to get across. Adapting to another medium might neccessitate it.

Still, yeah, agreed with your main point. The size of the franchise doesn't matter entirely - see Resident Evil - but LoL has much closer connections to Nintendo (not just through the owner Tencent, who also are hardcore marketeers), so there's that.

NEXT CHARACTER???
So apparently his source wrote "TS" is that Tales of Symphonia???? IS LLOYD THE CHAR https://www.reddit.com/user/Practic...i?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Can't believe the TeamSpeak program made it in. :4pacman:

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Kinda wish we had a dedicated leak thread to keep this place clear of spoilers. Plus, it'd be nice to have a little time capsule to peer into to reminisce on what speculation was like back then.

Anyways, I'm boutta head out. See you in a couple hours, once I get everything out of the way and I'm able to watch the direct.

Posting this for good luck; It's what tossed me down the Touhou rabbithole, so it's gotta help.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
I think Brush was just having fun with the person he was replying to. His previous post had two sentences, one that starts with T and one with S — the two capital letters in that comment (aside from the word I). He was over-analyzing his own post, so I wouldn’t put too much into TS tbh

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
You and me both. And it's still an hour and 15-ish minutes away.
Yeah. I kinda want to click these spoilers not gonna lie.

It's just one hour but it feels like it's going to be the longest hour of my life, because if some games/or the Smash fighter have actually been leaked, it's a matter of time Twitter will start talking about it, so I think I'll go and play something for a while and then come back for the Direct lol

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I think Brush was just having fun with the person he was replying to. His previous post had two sentences, one that starts with T and one with S — the two capital letters in that comment (aside from the word I). He was over-analyzing his own post, so I wouldn’t put too much into TS tbh
This is correct. That particular comment is not a leak.

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I kinda want to click these spoilers not gonna lie.

It's just one hour but it feels like it's going to be the longest hour of my life, because if some games/or the Smash fighter have actually been leaked, it's a matter of time Twitter will start talking about it, so I think I'll go and play something for a while and then come back for the Direct lol
Only some games have been leaked so i will tell you to watch out. The character has not been leaked though. Stay away from here if you can because it may happen soon

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Something to note is that he stated in the comments that Smash leaks are getting way harder to come by. Nintendo seems to be taking security regarding those pretty seriously now
Would explain why he didn’t find out about Sephiroth beforehand

SKX31

Smash Master
So, Zhuge doubled down on that leaked list. Wonder if he'll do his typical Smash hint right before the presentation lol.
The plot thickens indeed.

Something to note is that he stated in the comments that Smash leaks are getting way harder to come by. Nintendo seems to be taking security regarding those pretty seriously now
And there's a good reason why Nintendo does that - they as an organization work in secret partly so no one will ruin the surprise or copy whatever new "toy" / machine they're working on. Something instilled from Hiroshi Yamauchi, especially since Hiroshi Yamauchi was one of the main people who remade Nintendo completely into the video game corp it is today. Yamauchi did tell Gunpei Yokoi to work in secret for several of Nintendo's pre-video game toys for example. Ditto games like Smash and aspects like characters.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Curious these leaked games are all mostly third party made. Save for Skyward Sword HD, and Mario Golf. I wonder what Nintendo has in store for first party content. There's gotta be something.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Curious these leaked games are all mostly third party made. Save for Skyward Sword HD, and Mario Golf. I wonder what Nintendo has in store for first party content. There's gotta be something.
Lowkey hope Xenoblade X Definitive Edition is one of em

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Camelot is stuck in Mario Sports hell. We're never getting Golden Sun 4. What a sad fate that series has suffered.
Mario Sports Hell...
Is that the one where you try to make a good sports game but are only given enough time to make one court because Star Fox Zero got delayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom