• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Hey, here's a game for y'all: If you could get a different character from your most wanted character's series, who would you choose? (You can't actually choose your most wanted, to be clear. It has to be another character from their series.)

I'll go first, since it's only fair.
  • Paper Mario: I think on this one I'd have to go with a partner from TTYD. (Technically, I guess I could choose any Mario character, but it's more in the spirit of things to pick from the subseries.) For me, it's between Goombella, Vivian, and Bobbery. I guess I'll go with Vivian due to plot relevance.
  • Eggman: After Sonic, there's a lot of options for the second character to include - so while Eggman is first in line in my opinion, I would be perfectly happy with Shadow.
  • Rhythm Heaven character: This one's cheating. Nobody can agree on which RH character should get in anyway.
  • Chibi-Robo: This one is gonna be easier for me than you might think. I'm going with the Queen Spydor, final (and only) boss of the first game. Something I love about the original Chibi-Robo is that despite (or maybe because of) its goofy day-to-day casual vibe, it still manages to have a whole bunch of big moments... y'know, like fighting the Queen on the ceiling of the living room. You'd have to make up a lot of her moveset, but she's a quadrupedal spider-thing with web attacks. That's moveset gold right there.
  • Maxwell: Uh... Lily. From Unlimited. I guess she would play exactly like Maxwell would, but there aren't a lot of options here.
  • Amaterasu: Well, this is a tricky one, but I thought about it and... yeah, definitely Orochi. I don't care if he's too big and eight-headed, Orochi looks cool as heck.
For some of my most wanteds, I'd say:

- Guilty Gear: instead of Sol Badguy, I'd probably choose Millia Rage. Ky Kiske would be the next logical option after Sol, though, and he's a blonde swordfighter which would trigger some people, and that will always be a good thing in my eyes. But Millia is also cool and my main in GG.

- Yakuza: probably Akiyama, maybe Majima. This guy's gimmick in Smash would be being an absolute chad.

- Shin Megami Tensei: if not Demi-fiend, I'd go with Flynn from SMT IV or Jack Frost. Jack Frost would probably be a more likable option for outsiders of the series, I mean, who would say no to this adorable thing?

- Ace Attorney: Apollo or Miles would be really cool choices, and the ones that would make more sense after Phoenix Wright. Still, I can't help myself because I'd probably like to see Godot.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Honestly, I know we just got Sephiroth, but when it comes to iconic villains, I really hope we get Dr. Eggman.

Sonic is the longest running third party franchise that has been represented in Smash without getting a single new character. (Snake was cut from Smash 4 so Sonic has been in Smash the longest out of any of the other third party characters.) and yet, franchises that have joined Smash after him, like Street Fighter and Final Fantasy 7, and Castlevania, have all been given two playable representatives. With that in mind, who's the only other iconic villain left? Dr. Eggman, of course. He's probably my most wanted villain to join Smash at this point. It just seems really unfair that despite Sonic being in Smash for the longest amount of time compared to all the other 3rd parties that he still doesn't have a second playable representative.
eggman.png

Last edited:

Sophitia

Smash Cadet
ryu and Streetfighter's impact on fighting games far exceeds MK and scorpion's. mk 11 is drying up because graphics and story cutscenes dont make a game's core audience last. mechanics do and MK11 mechanics are awful in many players opinions. sfv is no masterpiece but it has retained its players better thaneven the guest character selections in 11 feel off.

street fighter 2 and 3 (mostly third strike) revolutionized fighting games. and 4 revived fighting games in general. not to mention sf 2 and 3 still have major events and tournaments cant say the same for old mk games.

I said that and I stand by it. byleth and hero are not similar in the slightest. both being from Jrpgs doesn't mean their aesthetics are overlapping or similar. hero and byleth do not share colors, weapons, personalities or mechanics. nor does joker with either. dante and sephiroth overlap ALOT. trench coat, hair color, main weapon, and more. One inspired the other for goodness sake. doesnt mean they are the same it means the two are similiar enough that it could be a choice to not go with dante as a choice and I can see why.

like if doomguy was in the game do you really think master chiefs chances wouldnt be impacted? seriously?

also funny to see some people still dont think lara croft is THE female videogame icon. i'd love to hear who they put over her. if they say peach or Samus I might lose it.
In terms of influence maybe, but MK is massive sales-wise. The only fighter that outsells it is Smash itself.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
- Guilty Gear: instead of Sol Badguy, I'd probably choose Millia Rage. Ky Kiske would be the next logical option after Sol, though, and he's a blonde swordfighter which would trigger some people, and that will always be a good thing in my eyes. But Millia is also cool and my main in GG.
I would be happy with Millia so long as she doesn't use her Guilty Gear Strive idle animation. I can guess why they made her stick her butt out, but it causes the rest of her pose to make her look self conscious, which I'd imagine is out of character (knees pointed toward each other, hand grabbing her arm like someone just smacked it). It's not the pose of someone who looks like they're ready for battle.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
The joke is the "dis pear" meme that's been a thing since Advent Children.
Oooh, now I get it! Can’t believe I didn’t sooner.

Anyways, back onto character speculation:
What do you think of these characters and Mii Costumes in the last three slots in FP2?

Rex & Pyra
Crash
Dr. Eggman
On a similar note, HWYR if the last 3 characters after :ultkrool: were Ashely, Takamaru and Mimikyu?

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
- Shin Megami Tensei: if not Demi-fiend, I'd go with Flynn from SMT IV or Jack Frost. Jack Frost would probably be a more likable option for outsiders of the series, I mean, who would say no to this adorable thing?
Having never played SMT, I fully support this idea purely out of a desire to see the tagline "Jack Frost joins the roster without your consent!" or something of that nature in a Smash trailer.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Honestly, I know we just got Sephiroth, but when it comes to iconic villains, I really hope we get Dr. Eggman.

Sonic is the longest running third party franchise that has been represented in Smash without getting a single new character. (Snake was cut from Smash 4 so Sonic has been in Smash the longest out of any of the other third party characters.) and yet, franchises that have joined Smash after him, like Street Fighter and Final Fantasy 7, and Castlevania, have all been given two playable representatives. With that in mind, who's the only other iconic villain left? Dr. Eggman, of course. He's probably my most wanted villain to join Smash at this point. It just seems really unfair that despite Sonic being in Smash for the longest amount of time compared to all the other 3rd parties that he still doesn't have a second playable representative.
I'd say Dr. Wily and Gruntilda are also very iconic. The former gets ignored due to assist trophy status while the latter because Banjo just got in and she's a stage cameo. I do agree that both seem very very unlikely to join the roster in Ultimate, just thought I'd point them out as characters that spring to mind when I think of "iconic gaming villains". Come to think of it more, Castlevania's Dracula does too, but I really like his role as a boss. Maybe because Alucard's his son and should be the next Castlevania rep assuming we get another one (probably won't for Ultimate but there will more than likely be more Smash games in the future). I know he's very different from Dracula but being his son kinda makes him feel Dracula enough, y'know?

Eggman's my most wanted, though. Let's go Eggman for Ultimate!

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'd say Dr. Wily and Gruntilda are also very iconic. The former gets ignored due to assist trophy status while the latter because Banjo just got in and she's a stage cameo. I do agree that both seem very very unlikely to join the roster in Ultimate, just thought I'd point them out as characters that spring to mind when I think of "iconic gaming villains". Come to think of it more, Castlevania's Dracula does too, but I really like his role as a boss. Maybe because Alucard's his son and should be the next Castlevania rep assuming we get another one (probably won't for Ultimate but there will more than likely be more Smash games in the future). I know he's very different from Dracula but being his son kinda makes him feel Dracula enough, y'know?

Eggman's my most wanted, though. Let's go Eggman for Ultimate!
Of course! I want Eggman in Ultimate as well!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If we're talking about iconic villains, then I really don't know how we missed the greatest rival character of all.
Remember when everyone thought it'd be Dante? :p
I thought it'd be Dante every single time there's been a character reveal since 2013.
Smash logo appears
Me: izzat Dante? Dante? DANTE!? DAN-

and of course, it never was (and it might never be)
dante eating sundae dmc anime.jpg

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If we're talking about iconic villains, then I really don't know how we missed the greatest rival character of all.

I thought it'd be Dante every single time there's been a character reveal since 2013.
Smash logo appears
Me: izzat Dante? Dante? DANTE!? DAN-

and of course, it never was (and it might never be)
View attachment 299430
That, my friend, is called an unhealthy obsession.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Figured I'd bump this.
Takamaru: Honestly not the biggest fan but he's cool enough and has a decent support base. Happy for his fans!
Ashley: Oh heck yes! Plus we need more mages
Mimikyu: Wellp looks like I'm maining my second favorite gen 7 Pokemon instead of my favorite (since I assume it would replace Incineroar). And as much as I love Incin, I can't honestly say Mimikyu would be any worse in my eyes. More of a win for others since Mimikyu was the most popular gen 7 Pokemon iirc, and they aren't that fond of Incin's inclusion more often than not.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So I had a thought about the Smash trailer lore that I wanted to share

The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Reveal Trailer Timeline explained - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

This isn't my Topic, it's someone elses with their own analysis, but I added my own in one of the posts below the OG Post, but here's the TL;DR

In my personal Opinion, the Timeline of the Smash trailers goes

Inkling > K.Rool > Isabelle/Joker/Terry/Byleth > Kencineroar > Banjo > Plant/Daisy/Chrom/Dark Samus (Have to be before WOL, but can be anywhere before though) > WOL Start > Ridley > Belmonts > Hero > Sephiroth > WOL "End" > Min-Min > Steve

The Smash tournament goes as planned until WOL starts, and Sephiroth's Trailer is where WOL "Ends", and the Tournament resumes. However there's very likely to be a 2nd return of both Dharkon and Galeem

Dharkon might have been "defeated" but perhaps never truly killed since we never see his Body or anything. However in order for Galeem to be powerful enough to body the Heroes, Dharkon has to be defeated for real or something

Galeem was killed, but there's a very plausible way for him (and Dharkon if he's dead) to Comeback to life.

In Sephiroth's Trailer, Bayonetta appears. In order to unlock Bayonetta in WOL, you have to fight Master Hand in the Final battle area at least once.

What might have happened is that the Fighters fought Master Hand only once (you need to fight him two times to free him, and be able to fight against both Galeem and Dharkon). after freeing all the Fighters, they decided to go defeat Dharkon, which Powers up Galeem to where the Heroes can't match against him. However Sephiroth managed to take care of Galeem

What happens though is that the Smash tournament resumes, with Master Hand sending out more invites because there may be more space. This is why Min-Min and Steve join the tournament

Steve's Trailer has the cast battling in a Regular Smash battle, which they probably wouldn't do during WOL Time

and Min-Min was a Spirit in WOL, meaning she could not have been in WOL because she was locked to Spirit form. Only after the Spirits are free does people return to their regular bodies.

However Master Hand (and perhaps Crazy Hand as well) might have some ulterior motives, because you need to fight them twice to clear them off Galeem and Dharkon's Incluence, but if you only fight them once, it's possible they might still have their essence inside them.

So what might be happening is that they are inviting New Fighters and New Worlds to be able to regrow a bigger and better army than before. This is why there are Still Spirits even if Minecraft Steve was invited after WOL.

So what will probably happen is that There'll at least be one trailer where it's just Regular, but there will also be at least one Trailer where Master Hand and Crazy Hand's Plan comes to fruition, as Galeem and Dharkon return to once more set upon events of WOL again. This Trailer would showcase whoever the Newcomer is helping the Heroes in achieving the true ending to the game, Bringing peace to the Smash world once and for all. Here's perhaps the Final Timeline after FP2 is over

Inkling > K.Rool > Isabelle/Joker/Terry/Byleth > Kencineroar > Banjo > Plant/Daisy/Chrom/Dark Samus (Have to be before WOL, but can be anywhere before though) > WOL Start > Ridley > Belmonts > Hero > Sephiroth > WOL "End" > Min-Min > Steve > CP9 > CP10 and/or WOL Return > CP11 > WOL True Ending

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Figured I'd bump this.
I’d be pretty indifferent all things considered. Only one I have any affinity for is Takamaru and it’s dissipated a little since both smash games he was in he got assisted

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Reveal Trailer Timeline explained - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

This isn't my Topic, it's someone elses with their own analysis, but I added my own in one of the posts below the OG Post, but here's the TL;DR

Inkling > K.Rool > Isabelle/Joker/Terry/Byleth > Kencineroar > Banjo > Plant/Daisy/Chrom/Dark Samus (Have to be before WOL, but can be anywhere before though) > WOL Start > Ridley > Belmonts > Hero > Sephiroth > WOL "End" > Min-Min > Steve

The Smash tournament goes as planned until WOL starts, and Sephiroth's Trailer is where WOL "Ends", and the Tournament resumes. However there's very likely to be a 2nd return of both Dharkon and Galeem

Dharkon might have been "defeated" but perhaps never truly killed since we never see his Body or anything. However in order for Galeem to be powerful enough to body the Heroes, Dharkon has to be defeated for real or something

Galeem was killed, but there's a very plausible way for him (and Dharkon if he's dead) to Comeback to life.

In Sephiroth's Trailer, Bayonetta appears. In order to unlock Bayonetta in WOL, you have to fight Master Hand in the Final battle area at least once.

What might have happened is that the Fighters fought Master Hand only once (you need to fight him two times to free him, and be able to fight against both Galeem and Dharkon). after freeing all the Fighters, they decided to go defeat Dharkon, which Powers up Galeem to where the Heroes can't match against him. However Sephiroth managed to take care of Galeem

What happens though is that the Smash tournament resumes, with Master Hand sending out more invites because there may be more space. This is why Min-Min and Steve join the tournament

Steve's Trailer has the cast battling in a Regular Smash battle, which they probably wouldn't do during WOL Time

and Min-Min was a Spirit in WOL, meaning she could not have been in WOL because she was locked to Spirit form. Only after the Spirits are free does people return to their regular bodies.

However Master Hand (and perhaps Crazy Hand as well) might have some ulterior motives, because you need to fight them twice to clear them off Galeem and Dharkon's Incluence, but if you only fight them once, it's possible they might still have their essence inside them.

So what might be happening is that they are inviting New Fighters and New Worlds to be able to regrow a bigger and better army than before. This is why there are Still Spirits even if Minecraft Steve was invited after WOL.

So what will probably happen is that There'll at least be one trailer where it's just Regular, but there will also be at least one Trailer where Master Hand and Crazy Hand's Plan comes to fruition, as Galeem and Dharkon return to once more set upon events of WOL again. This Trailer would showcase whoever the Newcomer is helping the Heroes in achieving the true ending to the game, Bringing peace to the Smash world once and for all. Here's perhaps the Final Timeline after FP2 is over

Inkling > K.Rool > Isabelle/Joker/Terry/Byleth > Kencineroar > Banjo > Plant/Daisy/Chrom/Dark Samus (Have to be before WOL, but can be anywhere before though) > WOL Start > Ridley > Belmonts > Hero > Sephiroth > WOL "End" > Min-Min > Steve > CP9 > CP10 and/or WOL Return > CP11 > WOL True Ending
Problem with this theory is that Simon Belmont appears in the WOL intro, meaning the Belmonts trailer would have to take place before WOL starts.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

At the very least, I think it's likely that we'll see Dharkon get defeated in a trailer like what they just did with Galeem. I could see that being our final trailer for Ultimate, with the two beings defeated. I could also see it being sooner than that, and the final trailer has the two regroup as our newcomer defeats them for good this time.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Problem with this theory is that Simon Belmont appears in the WOL intro, meaning the Belmonts trailer would have to take place before WOL starts.
You can obtain Simon before the Castlevania section, and you can have Richter right before the Dracula fight if you clear all the puzzles.

Not saying I believe in this theory, but at least the characters involved fit with the timeline of events for that mode.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Simon (and Richter) don't get their invitations in the Trailer though. It's very possible they would have gotten it before

It makes more sense that the Trailer takes place during WOL, as they are Fighting Dracula in the Trailer as well

The first time we see characters in the Trailer doesn't mean that's when they got invited into Smash, unless a Letter is explicty shown like in Isabelle, Joker, Terry, and Byleth trailer

At the very least, I think it's likely that we'll see Dharkon get defeated in a trailer like what they just did with Galeem. I could see that being our final trailer for Ultimate, with the two beings defeated. I could also see it being sooner than that, and the final trailer has the two regroup as our newcomer defeats them for good this time.
Depending on how you look at it, It's possible Dharkon got defeated in Hero's Trailer, but it was probably offscreen. That's why I'm not as adamant about a Trailer is defeated on screen since he technically already did have a trailer inspired by him. We've seen no traces of the True ending in any of the trailers

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's just that's some shakey you can't have another "Ryu" reasoning.
Ryu and Ryu Hayabusa aren't the same, and neither are Roy and Roy. But Ganon and Ganon are the same ****ing guy, there are no shortcuts around this. I'm not saying there can't be two Ganons, I'm saying the Ganon you're asking for is already a boss.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
nonono you see

Hero's and Sephiroth's trailers are AUs of the two bad ends

Dharkon controlling everyone in Hero's is a sign that the gang ****ed up by killing Galeem first, you see Mario collapsing to his knees, therefore he was the first to succumb to Dharkon's now universe-wide control

...i need a drink.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Also something I realized, is that Sephiroth's Trailer has evidence that adds to the thinking that Sephiroth is the character for the Japanese audience (which has been a line of thinking I've seen, but here's some evidence for it)

Erdrick/Arusu is the DQ Character in the Trailer, and Japan loves that Hero the most. Also Richter is in the Trailer instead of Simon, and Richter was said to be for the Japanesse audience

So yep, that's the evidence that Suggests Sephiroth was the Japanese Fan favorite character of this pass, Whether we get more is up to your interpretation

nonono you see

Hero's and Sephiroth's trailers are AUs of the two bad ends

Dharkon controlling everyone in Hero's is a sign that the gang ****ed up by killing Galeem first, you see Mario collapsing to his knees, therefore he was the first to succumb to Dharkon's now universe-wide control

...i need a drink.
Wait, I don't remember Mario collapsing to his Knees in the Hero trailer. Actually I don't even remember seeing Mario in that trailer at all

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also something I realized, is that Sephiroth's Trailer has evidence that adds to the thinking that Sephiroth is the character for the Japanese audience (which has been a line of thinking I've seen, but here's some evidence for it)

Erdrick/Arusu is the DQ Character in the Trailer, and Japan loves that Hero the most. Also Richter is in the Trailer instead of Simon, and Richter was said to be for the Japanesse audience

So yep, that's the evidence that Suggests Sephiroth was the Japanese Fan favorite character of this pass, Whether we get more is up to your interpretation

Wait, I don't remember Mario collapsing to his Knees in the Hero trailer. Actually I don't even remember seeing Mario in that trailer at all
that was from the WoL bad ending when Galeem is defeated only, Dharkon chains Galeem up and darkness spreads across the world

tl;dr Hero's trailer is a continuation of that ending

while Sephiroth's is an AU of the ending where only Dharkon is defeated, leaving Galeem about to erase everyone

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
that was from the WoL bad ending when Galeem is defeated only, Dharkon chains galeem up and darkness spreads across the world

tl;dr Hero's trailer is a continuation of that ending

while Sephiroth's is an AU of the ending where only Dharkon is defeated, leaving Galeem about to erase everyone
Oh yeah, I think Hero and Sephiroth's trailers being alternate universe takes on the endings make Sense...well actually the only way to make sense

The thing I wonder is

-Are Hero and Sephiroth's Trailer more Canon than the OG endings in WOL
-Are Hero and Sephiroth's Trailers related to each other

One thing I also could see is if Dharkon chains Galeem up (but doesn't destroy him for all time), it's possible that After the Heroes help Defeat Dharkon, Galeem is freed, but then because Dharkon is defeated, he gets a power boost and bodies the Heroes, in which Sephiroth needs to step in to put Galeem in his place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom