• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I can't think of much Dark Link would bring as an echo fighter that he doesn't have as an alt costume. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't he have the exact same appearance and animations as before?
Richter.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Voice theory can be true if we don’t get a dual gender fighter. 3 spots -> 3 fighters.
A single spot corresponding to a single character for the rest of the pass is the antithesis of voice theory. Voice theory was contingent on one fighter getting multiple voice slots.

That can still happen if we get a silent character, but since there's no indicators we will, the theory is done.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So Sephiroth's tournament.

So this tournament is based of Characters shrouded in Darkness? I think when it comes to speculation, this is potentially interesting, and here's why

-Sephiroth's Tourney is not based of his Sword, which is a major part of his Character

-Sephiroth's Tourney is not based of him being a Villain/Rival, like he is to Cloud, and this was also emphasized point of Sephiroth

The one thing I will say is that this could imply that we might still get a Character that uses a Sword, or perhaps a another Rival/Villain Character in the game. There's also the fact that a tourney based of Swords, or Villains can still come in the future, But I say we'll add to the theory craft as we move along

The one thing I worry is whether we won't get any characters that are Majorly Black. The only thing I'll say is that if We get a character with a Major Black Palette, they would have to have a tourney based of Something else. In any case, That's apart of my Tourney Theory craft

Greyfox22

Smash Apprentice
Richter looks completely different than Simon and it's not like Simon has any Richter alt costumes. I get that echo fighters aren't designed to be very unique but I think they should bring something new to warrant inclusion.

Shroob

Sup?
I will say.

Even though it absolutely CAN change.

There's 3 spots left in the voice menu for characters, and we have exactly 3 characters left.

Likewise

We have exactly 2 spots left for Music in the Music menu, but 3 characters left.

They could 100% add another row in, this is obvious, and yet, with the Chun Leak, existing, I'd be lying if I didn't say a part of me was leaning towards the idea of "We're getting another same-series character", and this really all started thanks to Sephiroth.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
A single spot corresponding to a single character for the rest of the pass is the antithesis of voice theory. Voice theory was contingent on one fighter getting multiple voice slots.

That can still happen if we get a silent character, but since there's no indicators we will, the theory is done.
For this theory, what are Banjo and Kazooie considered? Also Steve is silent, right?

Shroob

Sup?
For this theory, what are Banjo and Kazooie considered? Also Steve is silent, right?
The theory was, afaik, because there were 5 spots after Steve came out, and Steve had no voice, that they were either planning more DLC, OR that a character would have an alternate gender alt like Byleth.

Then Cloud got a new Final Smash in his Advent Children outfit and took up an entire spot on his own, and with Sephiroth, now there's only 3 left, and we have exactly 3 characters left.

This 100% could change, but with 3 spots and 3 characters, it seems kinda intentional, unless one of them is just mute.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I will say.

There's 3 spots left in the voice menu for characters, and we have exactly 3 characters left.

Likewise

We have exactly 2 spots left for Music in the Music menu, but 3 characters left.

They could 100% add another row in, this is obvious, and yet, with the Chun Leak, existing, I'd be lying if I didn't say a part of me was leaning towards the idea of "We're getting another same-series character", and this really all started thanks to Sephiroth.
All people should have to do is look at Smash 4's final roster to realize that perfect shapes are not worth predicating theories on.

Shroob

Sup?
All people should have to do is look at Smash 4's final roster to realize that perfect shapes are not worth predicating theories on.
Yes, that's obvious, and will probably be obvious for the stage select screen, but at the same time, I think it's understandable that due to this leak, there's some reason to at the very least entertain the thought that we could get another Sephiroth situation. Hell, even without the leak, people instantly jumped on the Eggman/Chun Li train as a potential candidate due to Sephiroth.

It's not a guarantee no, but it's something to keep in the back of your mind at the very least.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Yes, that's obvious, and will probably be obvious for the stage select screen, but at the same time, I think it's understandable that due to this leak, there's some reason to at the very least entertain the thought that we could get another Sephiroth situation. Hell, even without the leak, people instantly jumped on the Eggman/Chun Li train as a potential candidate due to Sephiroth.

It's not a guarantee no, but it's something to keep in the back of your mind at the very least.
We could get another Sephiroth situation just because there's nothing to indicate that we couldn't.

But leaks and theories based around a specious foundations like some menu ending up a rectangle isn't a credible basis on which to give more weight to the outcome of another existing series getting a character.

Shroob

Sup?
We could get another Sephiroth situation just because there's nothing to indicate that we couldn't.

But leaks and theories based around a specious foundations like some menu ending up a rectangle isn't a credible basis on which to give more weight to the outcome of another existing series getting a character.
Eh, it's just fun speculation at the end of the day. I admit it's tinfoil hat ****, but we got time to kill til March, why not dive off the deep end. :drshrug:

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Eh, it's just fun speculation at the end of the day. I admit it's tinfoil hat ****, but we got time to kill til March, why not dive off the deep end. :drshrug:
If you wanna talk about leaks that haven't been disproven yet that's one thing, but can we at least not keep theories that didn't pan out alive?

Might as well dig out the yellow and purple chairs at that point.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Only reason Voice theory caught on in the First place was because Coincidently with Byleth's inclusion, it managed to fit a Perfect Square

With that being said, The logic behind is not the most sound. I could maybe see if the Smash team were shuffling the menus in the best effort to look like a Perfect square, but they are not. Smash team would be working with a Limit on what characters they could choose to make that perfect Square

Also, with Cloud just getting a New Final Smash that has a new Voice clip, we don't know if any other Complications to the theory could arise

Shroob

Sup?
If you wanna talk about leaks that haven't been disproven yet that's one thing, but can we at least not keep theories that didn't pan out alive?

Might as well dig out the yellow and purple chairs at that point.
Cut one theory down, seven more grow from the stump.

Like my pride and joy fire theory which still has yet to be disproven and will 100% come to fruition I'm sure. :4pacman:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I will say.

Likewise

The missing spaces on the Stage Select Screen will both me more than anything. lol

Shroob

Sup?
The missing spaces on the Stage Select Screen will both me more than anything. lol
I'd honestly love for them to just, I dunno, repurpose some of the boss arenas or the ending stage in WoL to be a standalone stage, and while that's definitely still possible, walkoffs be damned, I'm not counting on it lol.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If they don't even centre the stages, leaving that lopsided empty black space there once finished, I think we may well and truly be dealing with psychopaths.

I mean I had my doubts when they ordered the characters in a method only intuitive to Sakurai, but this would clinch it.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I will say.

Likewise

The thing that really kills this theory for me is if Sakurai is dead set on making the voice menu fill out in a perfect square, why would he not do the same for the character and stage select screen? Granted there seems to be an effort to do so with the random omega and battlefield stages added but then that just leaves three more spaces after Fighter Pass 2.

I don't know, it just seems kind of random to focus on a screen that players aren't usually going to look at.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
If they don't even centre the stages, leaving that lopsided empty black space there once finished, I think we may well and truly be dealing with psychopaths.

I mean I had my doubts when they ordered the characters in a method only intuitive to Sakurai, but this would clinch it.
They have the option to arrange characters by series on the website, and the option to display Echo Fighters with the fighters they echo.
It does seem strange that they don't have the option to display Fighters by series in-game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They have the option to arrange characters by series on the website, and the option to display Echo Fighters with the fighters they echo.
It does seem strange that they don't have the option to display Fighters by series in-game.
If I had a nickel for every time I've helped someone who didn't play Ultimate that often find their character on the CSS, I'd have enough to buy a Mii costume and then promptly have to explain where to find it.

My baseless hope is that they add that feature once the roster is complete. Ultimate has been a game of providing a myriad amount of options, so this has been a glaring omission. Especially with how butt the current CSS ordering is.

But that is, like I said, a pretty baseless hope.

Shroob

Sup?
i don't know why they arent doing standalone dlc stages. they did em in 4 so unless they sold badly then why not do it again. look i just want pac maze back okay give me back pac maze and i'll shut up
Honestly, I kinda feel like if this is the last wave of DLC, I 'could' see them repurpose the WoL stuff. Walkoffs be damned.

Or, big brain, we get the Galeem/Dharkon stage from WoL which is just Battlefield but with 4 stages in a + shape, and they add 2 more extra buttons rofl.

Polan

Smash Lord
If I had a nickel for every time I've helped someone who didn't play Ultimate that often find their character on the CSS, I'd have enough to buy a Mii costume and then promptly have to explain where to find it.

My baseless hope is that they add that feature once the roster is complete. Ultimate has been a game of providing a myriad amount of options, so this has been a glaring omission. Especially with how butt the current CSS ordering is.

But that is, like I said, a pretty baseless hope.
i mean they fixed the battlefield/final destination music stuff and that wasnt that big of a complaint. if people are loud enough, i think they might do it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
i mean they fixed the battlefield/final destination music stuff and that wasnt that big of a complaint. if people are loud enough, i think they might do it.
I sure hope so. But tbf the amount of times we'd pick FD or BF and get like a Wii Fit song or some unfitting Wuhu Island thing honestly made me think the game was ****ing with me, it was so often. It made me not want to play the stages as much.

The CSS is pretty unfortunate but what they did to those stages was "omg fix this" levels of nope for me, lol.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's a cool story. But mechanically, it's poop.
Tbf it's a cool idea on paper, allowing full party customization alongside having a more realistic sense of training and improving, which is pretty fitting with the more realistic tone the story's going for. In practise it's a tedious mess but I see where it's coming from
And then they'll slap Yoshi in with Mario just like they did in Smash 4 and cause everyone to collectively have an OCD attack.
Honestly I'm waiting for the point they just classify Yoshi as a Mario character as it's obvious they're never going to do anything with the franchise itself for Smash anymore

ZelDan

Smash Master
FFII's leveling system was dumb but also kind of cool. there was dumb stuff like how you had to have your characters abused to increase their HP and whatnot but the amount of customization there was in terms of what spells your characters had, what spells they were good with, what weapons they could be good with was great. You could have someone be great at various magic and make them a mage of sorts, or maybe they were only trained in white magic and trained in swords and were basically a paladin. Maybe one team member was awesome at fire magic, one was awesome in thunder magic and one was great at ice magic. maybe you could have a lance user be great at various magic and have a magic dragoon of sorts, etc.

FFII, while not that great overall and one of the weaker entries in the franchise, could still be kind of fun, and there are definitely worse FFs than it. I don't even think it's the worst of the NES FFs (looking at you FFIII)

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
When you think of potential Smash Bros. characters, what comes to mind when you hear/read each of the following:
  • Fighting games
  • Horror games
  • Cereal Mascot
  • Anime Swordsman
  • PapaGenos
  • Mii Costume
  • Most Wanted
  • Visual Novel
  • Fake Leak
  • 2nd Party
  • 4th Party
  • Retrofuturism
  • Adult
  • Mario rep
  • Thread game
In other words, what character do you associate each term with when it comes to roster speculation?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
When you think of potential Smash Bros. characters, what comes to mind when you hear/read each of the following:
  • Fighting games- Street Fighter
  • Horror games- Resident Evil
  • Cereal Mascot- 90's mascot characters
  • Anime Swordsman- Overused complaint
  • PapaGenos- YouTuber
  • Mii Costume- Shattered hopes and dreams for some
  • Most Wanted- Controversial
  • Visual Novel- Saber
  • Fake Leak- ENDLESS TRASH
  • 2nd Party- Idk Pokemon?
  • 4th Party- Goku
  • Retrofuturism- the ****
  • Adult- Not for good boys and girls
  • Mario rep- Mario
  • Thread game- Dies after a couple pages to discuss someone's most wanted
And that's some bottom text.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
  • Fighting games
  • Horror games
  • Cereal Mascot
  • Anime Swordsman
  • PapaGenos
  • Mii Costume
  • Most Wanted
  • Visual Novel
  • Fake Leak
  • 2nd Party
  • 4th Party
  • Retrofuturism
  • Adult
  • Mario rep
  • Thread game
Okay, this sounds pretty fun. I'll give it a go.

Fighting games: Sol Badguy
Horror games: James Sunderland
Cereal Mascot: Klonoa
Anime Swordsman: Not sure
PapaGenos: Geno
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight
Most Wanted: Sgt. Cortez! Time to Split!
Visual Novel: Phoenix Wright
Fake Leak: Doom Guy
2nd Party: Not sure
4th Party: Goku
Retrofuturism: Not sure
Adult: Scorpion
Mario rep: Geno
Thread Game: Not sure

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
  • Fighting games
  • Horror games
  • Cereal Mascot
  • Anime Swordsman
  • PapaGenos
  • Mii Costume
  • Most Wanted
  • Visual Novel
  • Fake Leak
  • 2nd Party
  • 4th Party
  • Retrofuturism
  • Adult
  • Mario rep
  • Thread game
In other words, what character do you associate each term with when it comes to roster speculation?
FG-Chun Li
Spoopy-Jill Valentine
I LIEK CEREAL-Crash Bandicoot
Now with double the swords-Lloyd
So here's an interesting theory about colours and screenshots-Arle
Cacomallow not included-Geno
Well, my most wanted-Sora
Audiovisual novel-Phoenix Wright
The usual suspects-Reimu/Hayabusa/Doomguy/KOS-MOS
Not really a term-8th gen cynical choice
That's a lot of parties-Goku SSJ4Chan
Who's using that term-Get out of my house
Adult in what way?-[REDACTED]
Mario 35th-WAAAAH
Thread game on a forum about a video game-No one comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom