• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Punch-Out!! has already seen criticism directed towards its stereotyped characters. King Hippo in particular is one I remember seeing a bunch of criticism towards.
King Hippo? We don't even know where he's really from. But if it wasn't an issue in 2009 with Next-Level Games, I know it won't be such a groundbreaking issue today. The intention and design (again, I'm using the 2009 Wii game's standards, **** like Vodka Drunkinski and Pizza Pasta definitely didn't pass) still aren't racist at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Where the **** is the Garou jacket.
Both in Smash and KoF?

Yall gave Joker his goddamn school uniform but not the outfit where Terry got his goddamn BUSTAH WORUF?
Cap animations, please understand. Now excuse us while we give female Byleth her own animations.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Both in Smash and KoF?

Yall gave Joker his goddamn school uniform but not the outfit where Terry got his goddamn BUSTAH WORUF?
And he manages to get his actual animated adaption alt too.

Makes me wonder how much was on SNK and how much was on Sakurai for why it was left out. That said, I miss when we had more than 8 costumes.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
King Hippo? We don't even know where he's really from. But if it wasn't an issue in 2009 with Next-Level Games, I know it won't be such a groundbreaking issue today. The intention and design (again, I'm using the 2009 Wii game's standards, **** like Vodka Drunkinski and Pizza Pasta definitely didn't pass) still aren't racist at the end of the day.
I don't think they are offensive but even in 2009 you had people being critical of the characters amidst 21st century climatic changes to how stereotypes were perceived. People are even more critical now, unless its stereotypes in memes or of old people because social media is full of hypocrites.
Articles like this and this released at the time took the stance that the portrayals were unacceptable.

Humorously though, a lot of criticisms often ignore who is behind the games. The Escapist article writer didn't seem to link the fact Nintendo, a Japanese company and the ones publishing Punch-Out!! were perfectly fine with Piston Hondo shouting sushi and kamikaze.

Punch-Out today, whether the depictions are problematic or not, will most likely draw more attention and criticism.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
I think the criticism towards King Hippo originated because of his obese figure, due to the fact that his canon residence is an island in the South Pacific, which is a region that's been suffering from an awful obesity epidemic in recent times.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I like these suggestions a lot. Never thought about the retro medley but it makes a ton of sense.

I think the Wii boxer themes ought to be in Smash by now. The excuse I always use is that we got pretty much the entire ARMS soundtrack, which is equally creative in its use of a similar motif throughout the whole thing... so what's the hangup with Punch-Out? Give us a bunch of iterations of Minor Circuit, they all succeed at being very much their own thing. In particular I'd push for Glass Joe and Super Macho Man's themes.

Stage cameos feel like a no-brainer nowadays, I feel like Suzaku Castle feels empty for a similar reason. Had Mac or Ryu been added as Ultimate DLC for whatever reason I think they would have taken this approach. Obviously they were not - but an AT and maybe a boss battle could be fulfilling anyway. My choices would be Glass Joe as a joke AT and then King Hippo as a boss battle. I know asking for a boss is a bit of a stretch, but Punch-Out is pretty much a boss rush game anyway so I think it's fitting enough.

They would go over just fine. The characters are fleshed out beyond their (harmless) stereotypes and are just fun in their own right. I've never seen anyone offended by Punch-Out before and it won't start now - it's not as if people aren't aware of the series nowadays considering it is playable on every Nintendo console since the Wii.

That's the key though, none of the stereotypes are outright offensive to any minority groups or anything. Punch-Out actually has some of the best black representation out of any Nintendo series for example, with Doc Louis and Mr. Sandman playing very important roles (and Disco Kid is there too). The only negative stereotypes I can think of are Glass Joe being a cowardly frenchman and Soda Popinski being a russian drunk. But despite this, Joe makes up for it with his will power and never-give-up attitude and Popinski is strong as hell. The stereotype is rarely the one and only punchline / facet of these characters.

And just for the record, nobody is offended by Speedy Gonzales either - a character celebrated by the very culture he takes after. Most of these outrage stories stem from fearmongering to push an agenda (and it works). That is the only context I've ever seen Punch-Out called offensive, never once by the party that people seem to assume would be offended by it.
They aren't racist, they're called caricatures. They do not state any truly harmful stereotypes, and everyone I know that recognizes Punch-Out finds it funny instead of hateful. Believe me, if it was truly such an outrage, we'd have seen it years and years ago.

Like look at Macho Man, that's a funny take on American Californian culture. I'm not offended as an American.
I definitely agree on all that, But I have seen it brought up before in discussions and wasn't sure how it was generally viewed or if some changes needed to be made like Popinski, Personally I find a lot of the characters really charming, funny and likable.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
There's a long and storied history of cultures thinking that their stereotypes in other cultures are fun and endearing, anyways. Most aren't offended by the superficial stereotypes that describe how someone dresses or eats or talks because it's not an attack on their character. Most famous example of this is probably how Mexicans adore Speedy Gonzales from Looney Tunes, even with the gigantic sombrero and awful accent. So yeah, I don't think Punch-Out should have anything to worry about.

hot take but Glass Joe actually smashes French stereotypes. He's weak but not cowardly, he's actually very, very resilient!

Shroob

Sup?
I definitely agree on all that, But I have seen it brought up before in discussions and wasn't sure how it was generally viewed or if some changes needed to be made like Popinski, Personally I find a lot of the characters really charming, funny and likable.
I remember one time being called anti-Semitic for criticizing a character in the Bible's actions.

Unironically, mind you.

Sometimes, you just have to ignore stuff like that.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Weird how Terry's teammates still have updated outfits but Terry's back to his classic look.
I mean, it's his most recognizable look even if I prefer his Garou design. Plus he has been in some crossovers since KOFXIV (Smash and well, Fighting EX Layer) so I can see why they want to keep classic Terry so people outside of KOF can recognize him more easily.

I guess they'll do DLC costumes, or maybe he has the bomber jacket as an alt. Or even better, they're finally making a sequel to Garou: Mark of the Wolves and want to keep his Garou design for that game. lol

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That feel when Terry was about a Fighter's Pass away from not having to have his Final Smash be two Special Moves put together.

As for the PUNCH-OUT!! thing, I remember seeing a video about where the various character stereotypes came from, why they were less than stellar, and how PUNCH-OUT!! for the Wii used them to create more positive depictions of these characters (with some examples given like how Piston Honda introduces himself as a Japanese man would, and how all of the characters speak their mother tongues). For the life of me, I can't find it though. IIRC, it goes through a lot of the conclusions that have already been made here so it's not that big of a deal. It's just gonna bug me now.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Can we all agree that if Lara Croft were to be playable, she’d be based off her classic design with the reboot design probably being an alternate costume?
Depends on what the IP Owner wants..like I'm positive that had Sakurai chosen, Hero's default would have been Erdrick, not Eleven, they even gave Eleven a shield that he never used which is more fitting for Erdrick.
Both in Smash and KoF?

Well, I mean, Joker spends about half the game in his School Uniform, while Terry has most of his games with the primary outfit as his only outfit..don't get me wrong, I agree, but I also feel like almost all Smash characters need to have alternate costumes..

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
For Reference:
80s: :ultgnw::ultpacman::ultmario::ultdk::ultluigi::ultlittlemac::ulticeclimbers::ultrob::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultpiranha::ultlink::ultzelda::ultsamus::ultridley::ultsimon::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultsnake::ultryu::ultken::ultmegaman::ulthero3::ultdaisy:
90s: :ultmarth::ultdoc::ultfalcon::ultyoshi::ultsonic::ult_terry::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultwario::ultfox::ultfalco::ultmetaknight::ultrichter::ultness::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultcloud::ultsephiroth::ultwolf::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultbanjokazooie::ultpichu:
00s: :ultvillager::ultolimar::ultroy::ultbowserjr::ulttoonlink::ultzss::ultike::ultdarksamus::ultlucas::ultlucario::ultrosalina::ultwiifittrainer::ultbayonetta:
10s: :ultshulk::ultsteve::ultdarkpit::ultrobin::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultisabelle::ultgreninja::ultinkling::ultcorrin::ultjoker::ultincineroar::ultminmin:ultpyra::ultbyleth:

Small Note: Hero's date is placed when Erdrick's debut was (DQIII) and Steve's date is placed when Minecraft's 1.0 release was.

Brawl came out at a time when so many iconic GBA and very early DS characters should've been shoe-ins. The problem was that so much time had passed since Melee, and Brawl needed to play catch-up in terms of iconic Nintendo characters in general. We're talking about a game that introduced Wario, Diddy Kong, Dedede, Meta Knight, and Kanto's three starter Pokemon. Not to mention the Gamecube's golden boy Olimar, long-dead fan-requested Pit, and the one-two sucker punch of Snake and Sonic.

It wasn't like Ultimate or even Smash 4 where the newcomer wish list felt more like a fun free-for-all with your Rosalinas and Palutenas and Bowser Jrs. No, Brawl had to add some seriously big Nintendo icons. And with the inclusion of ATs in that game, squeezing prominent main protagonists like Lyn and Isaac into a "support item" position felt like an...okay compromise for the time. Just to get them in before Brawl's stressful production wrapped. Surely they'd get their chance in the next game now that the roster was a bit more representative, right?

Welp...

Just victims of really bad timing.

For those curious, the YouTube channel Nitro Rad has done a whole series on various later Frogger games.

Definitely has it lows, but there is some surprising depth to be found in the franchise interestingly enough.
This series fascinated me.

Not because I'm a huge Frogger fan or even necessarily because his games are these quirky hidden gems, but because of how in-depth Nitro went when covering that franchise. He goes hard, harder than anyone (including anyone at Konami) has ever seriously thought about the Frogger platformers. I'll never understand why he did it, but it made for bafflingly compelling content.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
with some examples given like how Piston Honda introduces himself as a Japanese man would
Fun fact: Piston Hondo introduces himself two ways in the Wii version. When you first go to fight him and in his fight intro, he will introduce himself to you and bow to you with no eye contact. This is normally the respectful way of bowing and introducing yourself in Japan.
While fighting him though, he will bow to you, but compared to the intro screen and fight intro, he will have his face forward to you when bowing. Normally, this is a disrespectful way of bowing to somebody in Japan, but martial artists keep eye contact when bowing within striking distance, as this is being prudent and nothing to do with bowing etiquette.

Oh and the book he reads in his Title Defense is apparently not just manga, but Sailor Moon manga.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
In order to help give Mega Man X a mechanical identity separate from Mega Man other than "Mega Man, but bigger and/or more aggressive", one thing they could do is implement the Variable Weapons System (or whatever Mega Man X's variant is): His Neutral or Down Special would allow the player to change what weapon he has equipped for his Neutral Attack, Forward Tilt, Neutral Aerial, and Forward Smash. By default it would be the X Buster that works similarly to the Mega Buster, and his Forward Smash would fire a Charge Shot, and you would be able to swap it out for one of 2-4 other weapons, each with their own energy bar that depletes as you use it. If you run out of energy for that weapon, you can't use it until your next stock or something.

For a example of what a Maverick Weapon would be like, I'll go with Storm Tornado. With it equipped, your Neutral Attack, Forward Tilt, and Neutral Aerial become a multi-hit horizontal tornado projectile that travels straight forward deals a lot more damage than what can be expected with the X Buster. The tradeoff is that you can only have one shot on screen at a time. Your Forward Smash becomes a vertical wind pillar that forms around you that extends quite high above you, and low below you, but only goes through semi-solid platforms when extending downward so as to not be way too powerful as an edge guard tool.

EDIT: They wouldn't all have to be "buster replacement" style weapons, that would be really boring. Storm Tornado is just the only weapon I'm familiar with that wouldn't have significant issues upon implementation since I've only played through the first game so far.

Because this mechanic would require pallet swapping Mega Man X to show what weapon he has, he would have to have alternate costumes instead of pallet swaps*, which could be based off of the various armours seen throughout the games assuming there are 8 of them.

*I know Mega Man takes on a new appearance for weapon swapping in Mega Man 11, and that would work for him in Super Smash Bros., but I don't think that'll ever carry over to Mega Man X because of those armours, so this is probably what the workaround would have to be.

Depends on what the IP Owner wants..like I'm positive that had Sakurai chosen, Hero's default would have been Erdrick, not Eleven, they even gave Eleven a shield that he never used which is more fitting for Erdrick.
They could even amalgam the designs like they did with Snake (although it was two different characters in that case). Probably the least likely option, but I would think it's still in the realm of possibility.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My brain has broken when it comes to Terry. I always call him Ringo because that’s what it sounds like he says during Rising Tackle sometimes.

As far as characters I want, I got Pyra so even though I’d love the likes of Adol, Phoenix, Yuri, or Bandana Dee, the thing Smash most sorely lacks is a black character. Honestly don’t know who has a realistic shot at this point given how characters are generally chosen & all the current disconfirmations, but I guess someone like Marina as part of an Off the Hook duo would be the frontrunner as of now. Although given Splatoon 3’s announcement that seems like a long shot.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
My brain has broken when it comes to Terry. I always call him Ringo because that’s what it sounds like he says during Rising Tackle sometimes.
Could be worse. Your brain could have read "Rising Taco" and get confused about the context surrounding it, resulting in thinking the term was referring to Spinning Bird Kick rather than what Terry sounds like when using Rising Tackle. lol

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
In order to help give Mega Man X a mechanical identity separate from Mega Man other than "Mega Man, but bigger and/or more aggressive", one thing they could do is implement the Variable Weapons System (or whatever Mega Man X's variant is): His Neutral or Down Special would allow the player to change what weapon he has equipped for his Neutral Attack, Forward Tilt, Neutral Aerial, and Forward Smash. By default it would be the X Buster that works similarly to the Mega Buster, and his Forward Smash would fire a Charge Shot, and you would be able to swap it out for one of 2-4 other weapons, each with their own energy bar that depletes as you use it. If you run out of energy for that weapon, you can't use it until your next stock or something.

For a example of what a Maverick Weapon would be like, I'll go with Storm Tornado. With it equipped, your Neutral Attack, Forward Tilt, and Neutral Aerial become a multi-hit horizontal tornado projectile that travels straight forward deals a lot more damage than what can be expected with the X Buster. The tradeoff is that you can only have one shot on screen at a time. Your Forward Smash becomes a vertical wind pillar that forms around you that extends quite high above you, and low below you, but only goes through semi-solid platforms when extending downward so as to not be way too powerful as an edge guard tool.

EDIT: They wouldn't all have to be "buster replacement" style weapons, that would be really boring. Storm Tornado is just the only weapon I'm familiar with that wouldn't have significant issues upon implementation since I've only played through the first game so far.

Because this mechanic would require pallet swapping Mega Man X to show what weapon he has, he would have to have alternate costumes instead of pallet swaps*, which could be based off of the various armours seen throughout the games assuming there are 8 of them.

*I know Mega Man takes on a new appearance for weapon swapping in Mega Man 11, and that would work for him in Super Smash Bros., but I don't think that'll ever carry over to Mega Man X because of those armours, so this is probably what the workaround would have to be.

They could even amalgam the designs like they did with Snake (although it was two different characters in that case). Probably the least likely option, but I would think it's still in the realm of possibility.
I mean, there's enough to pull from with the X games to give X a completely different moveset from Mega Man.
The only thing I worry about is that X's most popular weapon, Storm Tornado, seems a bit OP for Smash simply for its size. Metal Blade was an easy transition.
Maybe Storm Tornado could be a no-knockback move like Fox's Blaster so it can still be big and annoying.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I mean, there's enough to pull from with the X games to give X a completely different moveset from Mega Man.
Oh definitely, but I do think a highly likely route for them to take with the character is to give him the same buster mechanic as Mega Man, which could lead to the character's general perception to be Mega Man, but slightly different despite the different other moves (and the fact that the X Buster handles differently from the Mega Buster). Evolving the mechanic could be a way they could circumvent that, and I think it's a neat idea to boot.

I also just like the idea of allowing X to charge his Maverick Weapons since that's the coolest feature that X has that Mega Man generally doesn't imo.

The only thing I worry about is that X's most popular weapon, Storm Tornado, seems a bit OP for Smash simply for its size. Metal Blade was an easy transition.
Maybe Storm Tornado could be a no-knockback move like Fox's Blaster so it can still be big and annoying.
I was thinking more like low knockback, but this works too, and would probably even be better/more accurate to how it works in the original game.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Oh definitely, but I do think a highly likely route for them to take with the character is to give him the same buster mechanic as Mega Man, which could lead to the character's general perception to be Mega Man, but slightly different despite the different other moves (and the fact that the X Buster handles differently from the Mega Buster). Evolving the mechanic could be a way they could circumvent that, and I think it's a neat idea to boot.

I also just like the idea of allowing X to charge his Maverick Weapons since that's the coolest feature that X has that Mega Man generally doesn't imo.

I was thinking more like low knockback, but this works too, and would probably even be better/more accurate to how it works in the original game.
I mean, I guess it could be high damage output if you sit and tank the whole move. But I imagine it just being a big hit box that you bring out as a trap for free chip damage. Basically Piranha Plant's Side-B with a much larger hotbox and nowhere near as much damage to balance out the fact that it'd have more range than Robin's Thoron.

But yea. Chargeable moves should absolutely be part of X's moveset. Basically Hero's specials.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Obviously the 2000s seem to be lacking a bit in terms of character representation, but who could potentially help fill in that void? Well, here are some options:

• Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell
  • Various Capcom characters (Dante, Phoenix Wright, the like)
  • Sora
  • Professor Layton
  • Shantae
  • Paper Mario
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)
  • Waluigi
  • Master Chief
  • KOS-MOS
  • Rhythm Heaven rep
Mind you, I think a most of these don't have much of a chance to be one of the last two characters, but it's fun to think about it.
Let’s not forget the game that almost everyone played during that era which was Club Penguin.
Peashooter from plant vs zombies
King Boo
Grovyle from PMD2

Last edited:

Kyphlosion16

Smash Rookie
As far as the pass I have to judge the first four by two categories; their presence in the game itself and how they play.

Min Min
Presence: Neutral leaning positive. I didn't play too much of ARMS outside the demo (could never shake the sense that I wished it was a multiplayer Punch Out spin-off) but it is a distinct new Nintendo IP and I'll always be happy that new franchises are getting some sort of spotlight.
How they play: Fairly happy. She's relatively simple, but still feels distinct and as someone fond of utilizing the Belmont whip, getting another fighter within that wheelhouse is a plus.

Steve
Presence: Neutral with an asterisk. Never been a Minecraft guy, however as someone who was put off by the fights about Banjo vs. Steve I was happy that fans of the latter managed to get their character in eventually.
How they play: A pleasant surprise overall. The Sakurai presentation had me fairly skeptical, I admit. Playing as him though, has been an enjoyable novelty; the nature of mining, making weapons, and planting TNT fits within my playstyle, even if I can't say I'm always proficient with him.

Sephiroth
Presence: Intellectually I recognized his value. Emotionally as someone getting a bit of FFVII fatigue, I would have preferred literally anyone other Final Fantasy game get a rep. Thus his inclusion was a bit of disappointment, albeit one I knew made sense.
How they play: Pretty great actually. The length and impact of Masamune alone does make him easy to jump in as a fighter and his particular gimmick stands out without being distracting. Probably the character I'm best at using in the second pass.

Pyra/Mythra
Presence: Pretty neutral. Not really a Xenoblade fan, yet their designs in Smash do work and the means/execution of their reveal was at least done far better than the likes of Byleth. Plus the franchise felt like it deserved another character.
How they play: A very effective duo, probably the most fun transformation character in Smash thus far. Both seem like they work well for various scenarios and knowing which one to utilize feels really intuitive.

Basically as characters in and of themselves, nothing that really excited me. As fighters however they're all fun in their own ways; doing better in the latter category than the first pass did.
Have to agree none of the characters are that exciting for me (except maybe Sephiroth) but they all play very smooth and have great models.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Aside from Ryu Hayabusa and Bomberman, what other classic NES-era third-party characters have yet to be playable?
Well...

1616055135306.png

WELL...

I like King Hippo (I like all of these clowns) but Mr. Sandman does a much better job of representing Punch-Out!!'s other side of the ring than what he would, seeing as he's a one-off gimmick opponent.
NO! It has to be King Hippo! He is Mac's ultimate foil! Mac is the smallest and the fastest! Hippo is the biggest and the slowest and he works for Mother Brain!

Punch-Out!! has already seen criticism directed towards its stereotyped characters. King Hippo in particular is one I remember seeing a bunch of criticism towards.
Which is weird because he's like the only Punch-Out character that doesn't come from a real place.

Weird how Terry's teammates still have updated outfits but Terry's back to his classic look.
It's almost as if they're trying to make sure he's recognizable to a whole generation of players who might have only recently found out who he was...

DarthEnderX is typing....
I came as soon as I could!

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Would Ryu Hayabusa come with Dead or Alive tracks?

I don't think they are offensive but even in 2009 you had people being critical of the characters amidst 21st century climatic changes to how stereotypes were perceived. People are even more critical now, unless its stereotypes in memes or of old people because social media is full of hypocrites.
Articles like this and this released at the time took the stance that the portrayals were unacceptable.

Humorously though, a lot of criticisms often ignore who is behind the games. The Escapist article writer didn't seem to link the fact Nintendo, a Japanese company and the ones publishing Punch-Out!! were perfectly fine with Piston Hondo shouting sushi and kamikaze.

Punch-Out today, whether the depictions are problematic or not, will most likely draw more attention and criticism.
I mean, even though there are definitely some people who would criticise Punch Out today (key word being some) the general audience even today would be fine. It’s not as if Pythra’s inclusion as DLC in a mainstream game in 2021 generated this huge, massive outrage and there was reason to assume they’d be controversial. Also, the Street Fighter series is still a thing, and that franchise is known for goofy national stereotypes.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're still talking characters who debuted in the 2000's/GBA/DS era. Other than Isaac, Lyn and Andy. I would like to shill Mega Man.EXE and Phoenix Wright as well. Also Starforce Mega Man is pretty dope too.

For the decade on the whole, there's also Dante and Ratchet and Clank.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For obscure NES people, add the Shatterhand guy.

Joe's is based on an older design as well. I think either Real Bout Joe or Fatal Fury 3 Joe.

Andy's is just re-used from KOF14.
Both in Smash and KoF?

Hopefully, They'll have multiple costumes for characters that aren't Kyo and Iori.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I had a dream a couple nights ago where Agumon was announced.

It's always disappointing waking up from the dreams especially the ones that I've had with Crash, Phoenix Wright and others. But at least if none of them makes it in I got the feeling of hype for them, even if it was just for a moment.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That's fine and dandy but how did she play in those?
Like she’d constantly be hovering a la Dark Samus with her yin yang orbs like the former and could use bombs:

she even used her Gohei and other moves from Sky Arena, I don’t remember the specifics:

What I do remember is everyone pinging me on discord saying REIMU’S IN

edit: oh **** today’s ZUN’s birthday, this dream cannot be coincidence

Last edited:

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
Could be worse. Your brain could have read "Rising Taco" and get confused about the context surrounding it, resulting in thinking the term was referring to Spinning Bird Kick rather than what Terry sounds like when using Rising Tackle. lol
It could be so much worse. When female Byleth does her down special, your brain could exclusively hear her shout "Paaaap SMEAR!" like mine does.

This isn't me being childish or trying to make a sex joke like some tryhard South Park spec script writer or something. I legitimately don't know what she says and for the life of me I wish I did...

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
It could be so much worse. When female Byleth does her down special, your brain could exclusively hear her shout "Paaaap SMEAR!" like mine does.

This isn't me being childish or trying to make a sex joke like some tryhard South Park spec script writer or something. I legitimately don't know what she says and for the life of me I wish I did...
I think the axe is called Amyr, and Byleth is just saying it's name during the attack :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom