• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm gonna be straight-up honest here; my reaction depends on how her content would be handled.

If they pull a Terry and have her being all these other awesome Capcom IPs in music and Spirits, I'm on board.

If it's just more Street Fighter, I'll be genuinely pissed because it'd mean dozens of characters from really awesome IPs just lost to "Street Fighter but again". She might even be my most hated addition in Ultimate's entire lifetime if that's the scenario just from that alone, and I actually like Chun-Li as a character.

Not that Street Fighter isn't cool, but Capcom is way more than just that one franchise.
That's why we have Megaman and Rathalos here too. Capcom only has 3 ips, right? :4pacman:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Let's talk about inputs. How would a charge character work in smash for example?

Combo characters are going to despise her for being another Fighting Game character and is likely she will have the same passive as Ryu, Ken and Terry
Honestly, I have no idea since her inputs are pretty inconstant. My guess would be that they would sidestep back forward charge issues by using the Street Fighter III: Third Strike version of the character, who uses half circles instead.

He'd also have a really unique move set, because we still don't have a generic mage.
Well we do, but Zelda doesn't exactly do much with the concept since her moveset doesn't really accomplish anything.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
I'd be extremely hype for Kamek. He was either the first or one of the first characters i really, truely wanted (Marx is really close). He'd also have a really unique move set, because we still don't have a generic mage.
Heck yea my guy. Honestly kamek would be great, could come with a kammy alt, would fill the true mage archetype as you said, and could maybe even act as a second yoshi rep finally, not that that’s a big deal but just another cool thing he’d bring

Shroob

Sup?
Sounds like none of the objections to Chun-Li are... actually about Chun-Li.
Chun Li's one of the those characters that I don't think anyone would inherently hate. She's one of the most influential women in gaming for a reason.

It's just kinda a bummer that she's a 3rd SF character when that would mean Capcom probably wouldn't get to let another IP to shine.

But hey I got money riding on Chun Li so full speed ahead, thick thighs save lives and all that. :4pacman:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Counterpoint: he said “no plans” not “yup this is the final one no ifs or buts”. Plans CAN change. I’ve found the link to the interview that said Mewtwo was the only planned DLC for 4 at one point lemme find it
Don’t you mean I found it in the crash thread after you asked me about it :p.

But yeah, plans change.I think relying on Sakurai saying that right when FP2 started that there were no concrete plans after that is a bit of a reach. For all we know, his plans can change.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
King Boo isn't even the best "mario villain that primarily resides in spinoffs, fights a side character, and is based on a generic enemy".View attachment 296994
Why not both? (:

Since I don't have anywhere else to post these and it's more on-topic than it will ever be, might as well share some potential alternates I made for a lot of Mario characters. I was gonna do some fighter packs based on Mario's anniversary, but I planned too many characters at once and got bored of the idea. Still made these though.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I mean yeah, I have no qualms with Chun-Li herself, She is cool and is iconic as heck. But the Challenger pack could be very weak (with general representation not quantity) if she gets in.

Iirc it was due to a mistranslation.
The racist line was not just a mistranslation it was in the original footage as well

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Apparently it was racist too.

Like... what the heck happened there.
Like I hate the director for the way he treats his stuntmen so I have absolutely no pity, but from what I saw it was some old racist chinese rhyme.
I'm kind of amazed that they were stupid enough to put in a line to potentially insult China of all countries, so if this tanks his career once and for all, good riddance.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Since I don't have anywhere else to post these and it's more on-topic than it will ever be, might as well share some potential alternates I made for a lot of Mario characters. I was gonna do some fighter packs based on Mario's anniversary, but I planned too many characters at once and got bored of the idea. Still made these though.
The purple Geno burns my eyes, but the rest are neat!

metalhydra273

Smash Apprentice
If we're going with personal bias Capcom picks...
View attachment 296996

He's freaking cool, and has a theme to match.

I would also accept this song coming alongside Arthur.
Ridley already kinda has von boyage though, so there's that I guess. He'd be cool though since his moveset would prob be like giving wolf ridley's specials.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I don't hate Chun-Li per se (can't give much of an opinion as someone who hasn't touched much Street Fighter in his life); to me she just sounds boring 'cuz gives similar vibes to a character already in the 2nd Fighters Pass. Like I said before, at deeper levels Chun-Li and Min Min are different enough to stand out from each other, but Smash tends to stay surface-level when bringing characters in.
Apparently it was racist too.
What racism?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Big Brain Plays Time:

Captain Commando as the next Capcom Character in Smash.
View attachment 296997

Can easily have a Terry Situation for Music. Could call in Assist Characters from his game to reference the "Versus Series" for the MVC fans out there.
CapCom bringing Capcom... I love it 👍

Shroob

Sup?
I don't hate Chun-Li per se (can't give much of an opinion as someone who hasn't touched much Street Fighter in his life); to me she just sounds boring 'cuz gives similar vibes to a character already in the 2nd Fighters Pass. Like I said before, at deeper levels Chun-Li and Min Min are different enough to stand out from each other, but Smash tends to stay surface-level when bringing characters in.

What racism?
They included a joke that's really demeaning in Asian cultures, to the point the movie got pulled from Chinese cinemas, more or less.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
My only gripe with Chun-Li is that her getting in pretty much means characters like Sol and Nightmare... well, aren't

Other than that, it's ****ing Chun-Li, no way I can be mad about that
Big Brain Plays Time:

Captain Commando as the next Capcom Character in Smash.
View attachment 296997

Can easily have a Terry Situation for Music. Could call in Assist Characters from his game to reference the "Versus Series" for the MVC fans out there.
Give him Captain Corridor and you've got yourself a deal

Last edited:

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Why not both? (:

Pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom