• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
So I just finished watching Alpharad gush about getting his two absolute most-wanted dream picks as DLC and...hey, that's really cool. Good for him and all that. And while I personally got two of my biggest dream picks in the form of Simon and B&K, I'll admit, watching it got me a teensy bit bummed out that there's no way in hell that the last two characters will get me feeling anything close. Super selfish, I know, but I'd love to at least experience that rush one more time before Ultimate wraps up for good, y'know?

And it got me wondering, just out of personal curiosity and general interest in everyone in this thread: Who's the one character that would get you popping off if they were the last DLC announcement? Your dream character, the one you've always had in the back of your head whenever a new Smash reveal was on the horizon, even if you had to talk yourself down because you knew how improbable it was?

For me, that's Shantae. She's 100% not getting into Ultimate, but I've spent countless hours imagining her moveset, taunts, alt colors, Spirits, music tracks, Mii costumes, Classic Mode route, Final Smash, all of it. Just seeing her make a Sakurai-designed jump from 2D sprites to full 3D render would completely blow my mind. And this isn't me just bandwagoning, I've been daydreaming of that since before I even knew that this site existed haha.

Other characters would definitely still excite me (Neku Sakuraba and Leon Kennedy may be out of the running, and Eggman is all but deconfirmed by Pollock, but Amaterasu still has a...slim-but-still-existing chance), but if we're talking Banjo-Kazooie-levels of unbridled joy, none of them would match seeing Shantae get that Smash invite.

View attachment 304482

What about you guys?
I don't know, i don't really have a dream character, rather a collection of characters that could come together to make a dream roster.

in terms of my dream pic? a KT or Marvelous character, i feel those two companies deserve something greater in smash since they've been two of the closest companies to Nintendo, Marvelous's lineup for next year are basically all Nintendo exclusives, i don't really care who it is as long as it's a character from one of them.

anyway Phoenix Wright is probably who i want the most.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
And it got me wondering, just out of personal curiosity and general interest in everyone in this thread: Who's the one character that would get you popping off if they were the last DLC announcement? Your dream character, the one you've always had in the back of your head whenever a new Smash reveal was on the horizon, even if you had to talk yourself down because you knew how improbable it was?
Bandana Dee, obviously, Toad and Tails would also make me very excited

if they announced an Angry Bird though, I would be in absolute shock, even if it's not high on my want list

Last edited:

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
So I just finished watching Alpharad gush about getting his two absolute most-wanted dream picks as DLC and...hey, that's really cool. Good for him and all that. And while I personally got two of my biggest dream picks in the form of Simon and B&K, I'll admit, watching it got me a teensy bit bummed out that there's no way in hell that the last two characters will get me feeling anything close. Super selfish, I know, but I'd love to at least experience that rush one more time before Ultimate wraps up for good, y'know?

For me, that's Shantae. She's 100% not getting into Ultimate, but I've spent countless hours imagining her moveset, taunts, alt colors, Spirits, music tracks, Mii costumes, Classic Mode route, Final Smash, all of it. Just seeing her make a Sakurai-designed jump from 2D sprites to full 3D render would completely blow my mind. And this isn't me just bandwagoning, I've been daydreaming of that since before I even knew that this site existed haha.

Other characters would definitely still excite me (Neku Sakuraba and Leon Kennedy may be out of the running, and Eggman is all but deconfirmed by Pollock, but Amaterasu still has a...slim-but-still-existing chance), but if we're talking Banjo-Kazooie-levels of unbridled joy, none of them would match seeing Shantae get that Smash invite.

View attachment 304482

What about you guys?
Im in the same situation as alpharad (xc2 characters most wanted) but sam porter bridges from death stranding(impossible pick) would have me screaming

CureParfait

Smash Ace
For me a MapleStory rep, Dungeon Fighter rep, Boyfriend, or Darkrai.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nintendo will get a next smash bros made with sakurai, or not. It's a cash crop, even without sakurai it will sell
I agree. That's an obvious meaningless statement that has literally nothing to do with what I said.

The context of that argument is what Smash would look like in the future and saying "It's DEFINITELY going to be Smash Ultimate but MOAR" is a bit too confident for a statement that's that unfounded.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
New theory: Funnyman theory. If local internet Funnyman Alpharad wants a character, and that character is not named Lyn, they get in.

He wants Bayonetta, we get Bayonetta. He wants Joker Persona 5, we get Joker Persona 5. He wants Today, we get Sephiroth who's kinda in the same ballpark. He wants Pyra/Mythra, we get Pyra/Mythra.
Or Geno

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
I'm really hoping that they threw him in a victory screen or two as well.
i really hope he's secretly on the sidelines or sum like pkmn trainer but it wasnt ready to show off yet (never happening sadly). Since rex has to be there alongside them (he is but off screen since he appears as a taunt)

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I think Kazuma Kiryu could be FP10 or 11 tbh. At this point I’m willing to place my bets on the characters that seem viable yet are not often in the conversation, since Nintendo is being so unpredictable.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm really hoping that they threw him in a victory screen or two as well.
I hope they... don't.

I don't hate Rex as much as the people thate hate him might, but I really dislike when characters that aren't there participate in the victory screen when they didn't do anything.

"Get out of here Chrom, final smashes are off and you didn't do **** to help me."

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I hope they... don't.

I don't hate Rex as much as the people thate hate him might, but I really dislike when characters that aren't there participate in the victory screen when they didn't do anything.

"Get out of here Chrom, final smashes are off and you didn't do **** to help me."
"I'm being helpful!" Chrom says as he did nothing that entire battle while player 2 claps to congratulate Robin for their win. Player 2 being Chrom obviously

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
I agree. That's an obvious meaningless statement that has literally nothing to do with what I said.

The context of that argument is what Smash would look like in the future and saying "It's DEFINITELY going to be Smash Ultimate but MOAR" is a bit too confident for a statement that's that unfounded.
oh yeah ur 100% right. The next smash game could literally only be mario characters lmao. They could even just make ultimate deluxe with no new **** except like one character and a stage lmao

I hope they... don't.

Rex is the only one who can do the final smash unless it was siren which i think only mythra can do lmao. Also remember they are literally bonded and can't be separated. Canonically rex goes thru all pain pyra and mythra does so he deserves to be in the victory screen.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

"Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn" released today in 2007 !! Ike in Smash Bra came with the blue flame version in "X" and the Akatsuki version in "for", and both variations can be used in "SP". "Akatsuki no Megami" is "Blue Flame Trail" Setting after 3 years. #Smash Bros. SP

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 304482

What about you guys?
For me it’d 100% be Phoenix Wright. There are other characters I’d pop off for (the ones in my signature, along with a few others), but Ace Attorney has been such a major franchise for my family and I. I got my sister into it, and then the two of us got my dad to play it. Now we’re all caught up with the franchise (including AAI2) and are trying to get my mom to play it. Heck, my family named our dog Maya, and she has a little purple collar to match Maya Fey’s spirit medium robes, so the Ace Attorney franchise definitely has a special place in our hearts.

Beyond the personal connection, though, Ace Attorney is just a phenomenal game franchise. It’s filled with so many exciting mysteries, lovable characters, and catchy songs. Just the thought of battling with AA music playing or seeing a fully 3D Detective Gumshoe as a stage cameo has me really hoping we get Ace Attorney content in Smash.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
I hope they... don't.

How could you not like Doc Louis being there for Mac?

The model could've been better, but it's always a neat touch for me.

Paraster

Smash Lord

As I won't shut up about, Quote from Cave Story. My number one for years, my Smash Ballot vote, a character who I feels legitimately deserves a slot with his place in gaming history, a character who I've built an almost 30-page Google Doc for.
I've recently become a bit more certain that he has a chance, but my feelings would be the same even if I thought he was impossible.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

What about you guys?
Sora is the only character who could make me feel any spark of real joy towards this hell game.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

View attachment 304482

What about you guys?
I've..had that three times with Ultimate for Joker, Byleth, and Pyra thus..and of course the ridiculously hype 'EVERYONE IS HERE' trailer.
Were I to pick what characters would do that for me again, I would say these three..
  • Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • 2B (NieR Automata)
  • Saber / Artoria Pendragon (Fate/stay night)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I hope they... don't.

Speak for yourself, precious slimei bois make this one of the most adorable victory screens in the game.

Untitled.png

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
just wondering since i haven't been on in a while did Nagoshi's paid for Dinner situation get mentioned here?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Considering Fire Emblem Heroes

Multiple Chroms existing at once isn't even weird tbh.
It's weird how it's not mentioned so much. You do have some characters(like Robin and Corrin) interact with some versions of other characters(like Chrom and Xander), but aside from the Fallen versions or their opposite gender counterpart in the case of the Avatar characters, you don't really see the characters really interact with their other selves. I think the only times so far have been:
-Ilyana with her Halloween counterpart, with both of them in a group that involves heavy eating.
-Azura with her younger Adrift counterpart.
-Not really an interaction, but the Brave versions of the 3 House Leaders and Lysithea trying to avoid meeting their younger selves.
-One time in the comic where all the versions of Azura were sleeping in a bed and they all got bed head, then were trying to find a way to hide it and Adrift Azura suggests wearing a hat, resulting in all of them wearing various helmets.

Not sure why they don't do more opportunities showing characters interacting with their other counterparts. But then again, maybe it's because I want to see all the versions of Lyn, Eliwood and Hector interact with and jump hug Mark when they finally arrive, since Katarina didn't waste a moment's notice when Kris arrived.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Even assuming some people making this critique are legitimate white supremacists (I mean, I've never seen a white supremacist on Smashboards in the 5+ years I've been here, but I also don't really leave this thread much) and this is their genuine motivation for disliking these characters, it's extremely imprudent and dangerous to assume that this is the universal motivation for anyone pulling the "anime swordfighter" card. As someone who's most wanted were Byleth and Eight, I get it's an annoying, superficial, and childish critique, but trying to paint these people as a legitimately evil group that many of them almost certainly are not is only going to end poorly.

Also, if Japanese xenophobia was a major issue in the Smash fanbase, wouldn't Joker have been the major recipient of this? His game, series, and character are deeply connected to modern Japanese culture and iconography, yet he had the warmest reception of any DLC fighter aside from Banjo.
There was a guy here, Rebellious Treecko, or something similar, who used to be openly racist and was a white supremacist. Other than that, there's never been anyone.

D

Deleted member

Ngl I find it hilarious we take things like ATs and stage cameos so seriously to make sure none of the characters overlap. Like yeah sure have Alfonso take charge of the Spirit Tracks stage when Toon Link is in the battle... fighting 7 other Toon Links. Don’t get me wrong it makes sense why but like really Sakurai? You’re drawing the line here of all places? :4pacman:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Ngl I find it hilarious we take things like ATs and stage cameos so seriously to make sure none of the characters overlap. Like yeah sure have Alfonso take charge of the Spirit Tracks stage when Toon Link is in the battle... fighting 7 other Toon Links. Don’t get me wrong it makes sense why but like really Sakurai? You’re drawing the line here of all places? :4pacman:
CP11 isn't actually a fighter. It's just replacing any and all instances of character overlap with Alfonzo.

Alfonzo: Leave it to me! (x1000000000000)

7NATOR

Smash Master
Umm, so If we are talking about theories, I kind of want to plug in one of the Theories I had made that has become more Relevant

Theory: Vergeben's Deconfirmation list might have had info on FP2... - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

Theory: Vergeben's Deconfirmation list might have had info on FP2 (PART 2) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

Pyra/Mythera give more Credence to "Vergeben List deconfirm" Theory - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

So I had made a theory that Vergeben's Deconfirm list for CP5, might have actually turned out to be relevant for FP2, as none of the characters in FP2 were on the More Accurate version of the CP5 Deconfirm List

Pyra/Mythra are the 4th example of this happening, and they are probably the most interesting. One thing I noted is that if you look at the list, Both KOS-MOS and Reiji and Xiamou are listed seperatly from the Bandai Namco Company deconfirm, despite their rights I believe being owned by Namco (though I've heard Reiji and Xiamou are owned by Monolith)

KOS-MOS also had that thing where the Source was not sure about her. This led to me thinking that perhaps the reason KOS-MOS got an unsure was that there was some type of hearing of Monolith getting Another character. While I did get the particular character wrong (since I was predicting Elma) I was on the right track that perhaps there was another Monolith character in this pass

Anyway if you don't want to click on the topics, Here are the OG (Inaccurate) List and Accurate List side by side

• Bandai Namco character
    [*]Level-5 character
    [*]Ubisoft character
    [*]Falcom character
    [*]Nippon Ichi Software character
    [*]Gordon Freeman
    [*]Doomguy / Doom Slayer
    [*]Geno
    [*]Scorpion
    [*]Ryu Hayabusa
    [*]Arle Nadja
    [*]Sakura from Sakura Wars