• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Poly relationships usually operate on consent and judging by how the girls Joker dates react to finding out about each other, I would hesitate to say they all agreed on sharing him.

For the FE characters, you'll only marry one at a time. For Bayonetta we don't even see her date anyone and if there's anyone special in her life, I only see Jeanne. And well, for Ganondorf, I don't even think he interacts with people as a whole... besides killing them.
I was mostly joking anyway. But in Ganondorf's case, isn't it part of Gerudo lore that males are super rare and have harems (or something along those lines)?

Unrelated to anything at hand, but the talk of the cooler non-Belmont Castlevania protagonists had me thinking - so far in this pass we've had 4/5 characters added that weren't the main protagonists of their own game. Are there any other characters you guys could see, or would like to see that are not that main frontrunner for their franchise?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was mostly joking anyway. But in Ganondorf's case, isn't it part of Gerudo lore that males are super rare and have harems (or something along those lines)?

Unrelated to anything at hand, but the talk of the cooler non-Belmont Castlevania protagonists had me thinking - so far in this pass we've had 4/5 characters added that weren't the main protagonists of their own game. Are there any other characters you guys could see, or would like to see that are not that main frontrunner for their franchise?
OoT had a Sheikah Stone or whatever they were called that said that the Gerudo often seeked Hylian boyfriends, it was the one close to the Temple of Time iirc

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
OoT had a Sheikah Stone or whatever they were called that said that the Gerudo often seeked Hylian boyfriends, it was the one close to the Temple of Time iirc
In BotW, they even hold classes on how to find boyfriends... at least without kidnapping and/or violence.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
When I feel nostalgic, I admit, sometimes I watch the DYKG vid on this game's leaks and rumors.

God it's only been 2 years but I feel old looking back on a lot of this stuff.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Poly relationships usually operate on consent and judging by how the girls Joker dates react to finding out about each other, I would hesitate to say they all agreed on sharing him.
There was that cut harem ending where all the girls are okay with sharing him, but it was a bad ending as it mentions about "taking out consequences leads to bad stuff" or something like that........which a harem ending wouldn't exactly be the best fit scenario when there are people in the world who'd be okay with a poly relationship.....not to mention cultural differences when in some countries, a person can give Valentines chocolate to anyone they care about and that can include everyone they care for, whether they have feelings for them or not.

Supposedly I heard that the cut ending does return in Royal as part of a side thing, a character development thing or something, but there is more to it than just the harem ending.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
There was that cut harem ending where all the girls are okay with sharing him, but it was a bad ending as it mentions about "taking out consequences leads to bad stuff" or something like that........which a harem ending wouldn't exactly be the best fit scenario when there are people in the world who'd be okay with a poly relationship.....not to mention cultural differences when in some countries, a person can give Valentines chocolate to anyone they care about and that can include everyone they care for, whether they have feelings for them or not.

Supposedly I heard that the cut ending does return in Royal as part of a side thing, a character development thing or something, but there is more to it than just the harem ending.
Man, what is it with the 'defy society' Persona games and cutting relationships that defy societal standards, first Yosuke in 4 and this

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
So I was jamming to some music, and I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but I do hope they include some music from Xenoblade Definitive Edition. Not just for the enhanced versions of songs like "You Will Know Our Names" but for songs like this:
I also hope that they restore Xenoblade's songs back to their original length as some are cut short, but I'm not expecting that.

I.D.

Smash Lord
So I was jamming to some music, and I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but I do hope they include some music from Xenoblade Definitive Edition. Not just for the enhanced versions of songs like "You Will Know Our Names" but for songs like this:
I also hope that they restore Xenoblade's songs back to their original length as some are cut short, but I'm not expecting that.
I just hope we get some good arrangements. We only have one from Xenoblade and it's just a medley with the most forced transitions ever. Baten Kaitos has a better music arrangement than Xenoblade which feels so weird.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Man, what is it with the 'defy society' Persona games and cutting relationships that defy societal standards, first Yosuke in 4 and this
IIRC, in Royal, the ending is part of something where the player is asked if they want to remove something specific and they can say yes, which leads to that ending, so that would make the "message" more in tact in the sense that the girls would not be okay with sharing him or him dating others behind their backs, but the player choosing that option basically makes it that if they did find out, they'd be okay with it rather than what they would really think about it, making it a sort of pseudo-mind control/suggestion deal.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Assuming all Nintendo characters will be characters that feature in successful Switch titles, here is a look at the best-selling Nintendo titles on the Switch and the possibility of getting characters from there in this pass:
  • Legend of Zelda:Breath of the Wild - doubt it. Wouldn’t it make more sense to save that BotW Mii costume and those Age of Calamity spirits for a BotW character pack.
  • Pokemon Sword and Shield - has a spirit event. Also, it would be weird that the Team Rocket Mii costumes weren’t saved for a hypothetical Gen 8 pack, so there is that to consider.
  • Splatoon 2 - would it not make more sense to save the Callie and Marie mii costume for a Splatoon pack?
So really, the standout in terms of Switch title characters are Waluigi, Toad, Bandana Dee and Dixie and if we are getting another Nintendo character these are strong candidates.
You know, they could always just.... add more?

Like if say we get Octolings, they can always add Pearl and Marina as mii costumes. They're from Splatoon 2 too you know. Is it really the end of the world if mii costumes of the Squid Sisters and Off the Hook weren't released together? Same for BOTW and Pokemon, they have Link's other armor sets to pull from. And if we get a Gen 8 Pokemon as dlc, they could restrict themselves to Team Yell or the Gym Leader challenger outfits the player wears when fighting the Gym Leaders, and they still have the rest of the villainous teams, and other gimmick outfits to make mii costumes from.

I will never understand why this fandom needlessly restricts themselves like this. At the very least, if any of what I suggested gets inserted into a mii fighter round whose DLC fighter is unrelated to them, your skepticism would have something to stand on.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Personally I'm hoping for full versions of the Gaur Plains Rock Remix and the Engage the Enemy Rock Remix.

But those were just made for Shulk's smash trailer so clearly they wouldn't exactly be... priorities.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I at the very least expect 1 DE and torna content with the presentation.

no X content. Not yet, at least... please?

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Like if say we get Octolings, they can always add Pearl and Marina as mii costumes. They're from Splatoon 2 too you know. Is it really the end of the world if mii costumes of the Squid Sisters and Off the Hook weren't released together? Same for BOTW and Pokemon, they have Link's other armor sets to pull from. And if we get a Gen 8 Pokemon as dlc, they could restrict themselves to Team Yell or the Gym Leader challenger outfits the player wears when fighting the Gym Leaders, and they still have the rest of the villainous teams, and other gimmick outfits to make mii costumes from.

I will never understand why this fandom needlessly restricts themselves like this. At the very least, if any of what I suggested gets inserted into a mii fighter round whose DLC fighter is unrelated to them, your skepticism would have something to stand on.
It's not that the Miis prevent them from adding anything more from that series, it's that if there was a big content pack coming up in the future, chances are those Miis wouldn't be released now in the first place.
So far, all the post-launch content from the series represented in a pack comes alongside that pack. The Persona Miis came with Joker, the Minecraft Miis came with Steve, the Final Fantasy Miis came with Sephiroth, the SNK Miis came with Terry, so on and so forth. The one exception is the Rex Mii, who was available from Day One anyways. Heck, Nia's Mii was in the base game, so it's clear they had time to think about the decision and go back on it.
Basically, it's the timing, not the content.

Shroob

Sup?

Dunno about first party, but they 100% save 3rd party Mii costumes if a character of that company is in the pass.

Again, dunno if this applies to 1st parties, but we've seen it with Joker, Hero, and Sephiroth now, and it's why soo many are calling Namco a likely goner atm.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Imran straight-up said not to trust him on the MH->Byleth thing, and either way the base game was way too long ago for Byleth to be considered. Wouldn't put too much stock in that one.
He said it might be bull**** not that it is bull**** from what I remember. Either way he likes to comment on fakes a lot. He did so recently with that 2.0 grinch fake leak.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Getting real sick of people saying Rayman is dead because "wouldn't it make sense to save the Ubisoft costumes for Rayman?"

Wouldn't it make sense to save the Rex costume for Pyra and Mythra?

Shroob

Sup?

Getting real sick of people saying Rayman is dead because "wouldn't it make sense to save the Ubisoft costumes for Rayman?"

Depends on how early Pyra and Mythra were even planned.

Rex was available in the very first pass, almost 2 and a half years ago now. Likewise, we have no way of knowing how long ago P/M were planned, for all we know they could have been planned sometime long after the Mii was released.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Another bored post.
Since I keep seeing those 'there's too many swords in Smash', let's find out if that's true..

Hand to Hand: :ultbanjokazooie::ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultganondorf::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultkrool::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultdoc::ultmario::ultluigi::ultbrawler::ultminmin:ultpacman::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultryu::ultken::ultsheik::ultsonic::ult_terry::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultduckhunt::ultkirby:

Swords: :ultcloud::ultcorrinf::ulthero3::ultike::ultjoker::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultswordfighter::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpyra::ultrobinf::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsephiroth::ultshulk::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:

Guns: :ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultgunner::ultmegaman::ultzss::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsnake:

Powers: :ultgreninja::ultlucas::ultmewtwo::ultness::ultpalutena::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultzelda:

Tools/Multi-Weapons: :ultbowserjr::ultbylethf::ultisabelle::ultolimar::ultrob::ultsteve:

Other Weapons: :ulticeclimbers::ultkingdedede::ultsimon::ultrichter:

Note that this is for the vast majority of moves, hence Fox, Falco, Wolf, & Kirby in Hand-to-Hand.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Rex was released Day One, so Pyra and Mythra's wave wouldn't be taken into consideration. In fact, we already have a base game XC2 costume with Nia. Similarly, Spring Man and Ribbon Girl had base game Miis, because Min Min hadn't been decided for FP2 yet and they wouldn't be able to take that into account.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

I remember people here unironically thinking namco miis don't hurt llyod the same way ubi miis hurt rayman and never had a logical arguement why.

Bias is always gonna be strong with smash speculation

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Another bored post.
Since I keep seeing those 'there's too many swords in Smash', let's find out if that's true..

Hand to Hand: :ultbanjokazooie::ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultganondorf::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultkrool::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultdoc::ultmario::ultluigi::ultbrawler::ultminmin:ultpacman::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultryu::ultken::ultsheik::ultsonic::ult_terry::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultduckhunt::ultkirby:

Swords: :ultcloud::ultcorrinf::ulthero3::ultike::ultjoker::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultswordfighter::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpyra::ultrobinf::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsephiroth::ultshulk::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:

Guns: :ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultgunner::ultmegaman::ultzss::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsnake:

Powers: :ultgreninja::ultlucas::ultmewtwo::ultness::ultpalutena::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultzelda:

Tools/Multi-Weapons: :ultbowserjr::ultbylethf::ultisabelle::ultolimar::ultrob::ultsteve:

Other Weapons: :ulticeclimbers::ultkingdedede:

Note that this is for the vast majority of moves, hence Fox, Falco, Wolf, & Kirby in Hand-to-Hand.
"But there's more ways to punch than swing a sword!" Some guy who popped off at Min Min who has the exact same kind of punch for half of her entire moveset probably

Shroob

Sup?
I remember people here unironically thinking namco miis don't hurt llyod the same way ubi miis hurt rayman and never had a logical arguement why.

Bias is always gonna be strong with smash speculation
I mean, there's kinda a reason everyone's looking at Lloyd like he's a dead man walking after this latest reveal, tbf.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Depends on how early Pyra and Mythra were even planned.

Rex was available in the very first pass, almost 2 and a half years ago now. Likewise, we have no way of knowing how long ago P/M were planned, for all we know they could have been planned sometime long after the Mii was released.
No, because Pyra and Mythra weren't going to be made until they decided FP2 will be a thing.
Rex was released Day One, so Pyra and Mythra's wave wouldn't be taken into consideration. In fact, we already have a base game XC2 costume with Nia. Similarly, Spring Man and Ribbon Girl had base game Miis, because Min Min hadn't been decided for FP2 yet and they wouldn't be able to take that into account.
That's the point, a costume decided on for the first pass has no bearing on the second pass.

Yet people will still swear up and down that Ubisoft isn't getting a fighter because they already got costumes... in the first pass.

Let's just ignore that they also had content in the base game.

Shroob

Sup?
That's the point, a costume decided on for the first pass has no bearing on the second pass.

Yet people will still swear up and down that Ubisoft isn't getting a fighter because they already got costumes... in the first pass.

Has anyone said it's impossible for this pass?

For FP1? Absolutely 100% it was.

For FP2? No, it's still very possible I'd wager. What happened in FP1 has no bearing on FP2, it's why Capcom's vomit of Megaman costumes in FP1 bears no weight on MonHun in FP2.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I mean, there's kinda a reason everyone's looking at Lloyd like he's a dead man walking after this latest reveal, tbf.
I'm talking bout prior to Pyra though. People acted like namco miis didn't hurt llyod like the ubi miis hurt rayman when it was 100% the same scenario is what I'm saying

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Has anyone said it's impossible for this pass?

For FP1? Absolutely 100% it was.

For FP2? No, it's still very possible I'd wager. What happened in FP1 has no bearing on FP2, it's why Capcom's vomit of Megaman costumes in FP1 bears no weight on MonHun in FP2.
I wouldn't bring it up if it wasn't still a thing being said.

People still bring up Brawhalla as a reason Rayman "can't be in Smash."

Shroob

Sup?
I'm talking bout prior to Pyra though. People acted like namco miis didn't hurt llyod like the ubi miis hurt rayman when it was 100% the same scenario is what I'm saying
I think the only real reason for that was Tales of Chun being a thing.

Frankly, I've always considered Lloyd's chances.... bad, at best, considering how Namco's treated its costumes.

Pillow

Smash Lord

Most of the arguments against Rayman's inclusions I've seen haven't had anything to do with him being a Ubisoft character. If anything, it's a point in his favor as Nintendo and Ubisoft have demonstrated that they actually have a very good working relationship. The biggest reasons people find Rayman unlikely is he's the star of a relatively dormant franchise that is very obscure in Japan, and Smash picks tend to be very Japan-centric and that trend has continued in FP2.

Another bored post.

Other Weapons: :ulticeclimbers::ultkingdedede:

In fairness, that is a lot of sword characters and a lot of the sword characters share a similar build and artystyle giving them a less diverse feel than hand to hand fighters.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
People generally don't talk very much about Ray-man in general on this thread I find.
I mean to be fair often times if Rayman gets brought up here it just gets received with negative comments that get a bunch of likes so I feel like alot of us wouldn't wanna come in here to talk about him though occasionally we'll wanna share some good points

SharkLord

Smash Hero

You wanted to know why Rex wasn't held back, and that's what I answered. Rayman wasn't really the focus of my post, though personally I'm not that bothered by companies. It's the series I'm worried about, so Callie and Marie are more of a bad omen for the Octolings than Altair is for Rayman.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not gonna say Lloyd is dead in the water but I don't feel confident in his chances, especially since Namco seems completely indifferent to having another rep and they've been sprinkling their Mii costumes throughout both passes.
The best thing that Lloyd had going for him was the Tales of leak.

With P/M here, I think we're all just kinda expecting the inevitable at this point. Like, the moment you saw Sephiroth, you kinda had to imagine "Yeah, Geno's ****ed", lol.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
People generally don't talk very much about Ray-man in general on this thread I find.
Rayman's in an awkward spot, he's pretty wellknown but so heavily overshadowed by bigger franchises from the same company and even the ****ing spinoff characters from his own game, doesn't help Michelle Ancel's the only one who seems to bother making his games at Ubisoft, which is pretty bad considering he's been working on Beyond Good and Evil 2 for like 5 years before retiring/evading bad press in October iirc, which is probably why he never gets talked about much, a franchise's wellbeing tends to help spark discussion on it. Personally, I don't remember much of the franchise beyond hating Rayman 1 on the GBA but liking Rayman 3's console game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Assuming all Nintendo characters will be characters that feature in successful Switch titles, here is a look at the best-selling Nintendo titles on the Switch and the possibility of getting characters from there in this pass:
  • Mario Games in general (MK8D, Oddysey, etc.) - Waluigi and Toad are possible.
  • Animal Crossing New Horizon - Has a spirit event
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - we already have Mr. Game & Watch, a Melee OC.
  • Legend of Zelda:Breath of the Wild - doubt it. Wouldn’t it make more sense to save that BotW Mii costume and those Age of Calamity spirits for a BotW character pack.
  • Pokemon Sword and Shield - has a spirit event. Also, it would be weird that the Team Rocket Mii costumes weren’t saved for a hypothetical Gen 8 pack, so there is that to consider.
  • Pokemon Let’s Go - See Sw section in terms of the Mii costumes. Also, it got post-release spirits.
  • Splatoon 2 - would it not make more sense to save the Callie and Marie mii costume for a Splatoon pack?
  • Luigi’s Mansion 3 - Everyone has obviously been asking for Gooigi. It’s weird how there is no spirit event for this title.
  • Ring Fit Adventure - got a spirit event.
  • Link’s Awakening - got a spirit event.
  • Age of Calamity - got a spirit event.
  • 1-2 Switch: ..............
  • Paper Mario - the Origami King - got a spirit event
  • Star Allies - Bandana Waddle Dee is still very viable.
  • Three Houses - covered with Byleth.
  • Tropical Freeze - most likely Dixie if we are getting a DK character, unless they pull a swerve and add in Funky or Cranky.
  • Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics - I mean, chess is iconic, so there is that.
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe - I really, really doubt Alph is getting promoted from an alternate costume to a separate fighter via DLC.
  • Xenoblade 2 - covered with Pythra.
  • Yoshi’s Crafted World - I doubt this.
  • Xenoblade DE - I doubt this.
  • Nintendo Labo - got a spirit event.
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - See SwSh section in terms of the Mii costumes.
  • Pokken Tournament - See SwSh section in terms of the Mii costumes.
  • Astral Chain - got a spirit event.
So really, the standout in terms of Switch title characters are Waluigi, Toad, Bandana Dee and Dixie and if we are getting another Nintendo character these are strong candidates.
If Ultimate had the approach to newcomers as Smash 4 did, we likely would've gotten newcomers from the games listed mostly. I especially think a BotW Champion would likely have happened, and Dixie at the expense of K.Rool. Rex , maybe combined with Pyra and Mythra and Min Min would be characters in the base game too.

Spirit events also don't mean too much anymore I feel...

Louie G.

Smash Hero

To be fair, Byleth was announced after FP2 had already been locked in, so I imagine that's where most people's skepticism comes from - I know that's why I personally feel that way. On top of the fact that Ubisoft never had costumes before, as opposed to...

The thing is, there's no feasible reality where they would outright cut the Monster Hunter costumes entirely. The strange part about MH's situation is that vomit of costumes just halting once FP2 started without Monster Hunter appearing whatsoever. If Capcom had no returning costumes to speak of and got the same treatment I wouldn't be nearly as positive about their odds of getting something this time around.

But I mean, Rayman can still happen. I just think that it's reasonable to have some skepticism about those costumes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom