• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I think pyra and mythra rep the xc2 era as a whole a lot better than rex since rex only appears in one game. Mythra is in 2.
Maybe rex could be an echo of the next xenoblade protag but thats it
Seeing as Torna can just be downloaded as DLC, but is also separately downloadable, I think it's more accurate to count it as half a game in this situation.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Good question. If it does mean anything then with the 2 music spots it tells us that the last 2 fighters are from new franchises. But only 1 of them is voiced. Rayman does speak all that much in his newer titles unless they wanted to base him off his 3D platformers.

Other mute game characters include Gordon Freeman, Chell, Chosen Undead, Doomguy (depending on how they want to approach him), Vaultboy, characters that are an object like a Tetris block, an NES character who wasn't modernized, some indies like Meat Boy, Quote, ect
Remember that it doesn't have to be a character that never talks, since Mega Man is unvoiced in Smash but not Mega Man 8, 11, MvC, or any other non-NES/SNES-styled games. Characters like Ryu Hayabusa, who as a ninja could be depicted silently, could be included..but I also think that we should take a sound test theory with a grain of salt as slots could be added easily.

Pillow

Smash Lord
You know

thinking about the concert rumor

If it’s true and he was able to pull that off no issue

then maybe just maybe EVERYONE IS HERE can happen again...
What is the concert rumor?

And there's basically 2 directions a theoretical Smash 6 could go in. One is basically a "complete" version of Ultimate, which would basically be the same game with a further expanded roster and maybe stuff like more game modes, better single player content, better online etc. I see this one being pretty likely, especially if Smash Ultimate DLC cycle ends at the end of FP2 or a Switch Deluxe console gets announced. The other would probably involve a massive downsizing of the roster with a completely new engine and new mechanics more similar to the transition between melee and brawl, or brawl to Smash 4 than Smash 4 was to Ultimate. I see the latter option as more likely the longer we have to wait, especially if we have to wait for an entirely new Nintendo console. Sakurai likely will have stepped down by then too.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think pyra and mythra rep the xc2 era as a whole a lot better than rex since rex only appears in one game. Mythra is in 2.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Solo Pyra and Mythra completely ignore the main mechanics of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, as well as the lore since both are entwined. The game has a major theme about the bonds between Blade and driver, and that's completely ignored as well. Rex & Pyra/Mythra is 100% the better pick here.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Remember that it doesn't have to be a character that never talks, since Mega Man is unvoiced in Smash but not Mega Man 8, 11, MvC, or any other non-NES/SNES-styled games. Characters like Ryu Hayabusa, who as a ninja could be depicted silently, could be included..but I also think that we should take a sound test theory with a grain of salt as slots could be added easily.
Yep, that can also include characters like Crash who don't speak much at all to begin with. That, or you have characters like Amaterasu who don't speak at all, but just have generic wolf/dog sound effects.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yep, that can also include characters like Crash who don't speak much at all to begin with. That, or you have characters like Amaterasu who don't speak at all, but just have generic wolf/dog sound effects.
Remember that they still gave ROB and Duck Hunt entries in the voice menu.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Water is wet.
ResetEra is that child that put his hands on his ears and scream "LALALALALALALA" When you spit fact, go to see her mom if you ever do anything bad to snitch, if you dont think like him, he'll call you a liar and meanie and the only way to be it's friend is by being in it's super sekrit club. No Too Hot girls allowed.
There's a definite irony that what prompts resetera's most adverse reactions is when we get female characters.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Remember that they still gave ROB and Duck Hunt entries in the voice menu.
True on that also, but I'm just theorizing for now since unless proven otherwise, the fighters after Pyra and Mythra may very well be the last characters in Ultimate.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
True on that also, but I'm just theorizing for now since unless proven otherwise, the fighters after Pyra and Mythra may very well be the last characters in Ultimate.
At the same time, the voice theory implies that only one fighter would get an extra folder. AC Cloud took up one once he got his unique FS, while Mythra would inevitably have enough voice clips to have her own folder as well.

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
You mean the rumor forgot about Ken's Theme?
just gonna lyk I found the og thread and op put ryu stage so im not doubting it. these were all the songs that were cut out in that screenshot that one person sent

Stack-Up/Gyromite
The Great Sea / Menu Select
Star Wolf (Brawl)
Final Destination - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Battlefield - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/ Wii U
Title Theme - Animal Crossing
Mega Man 2 Medley
Main Menu - Wii Fit
Rosalina in the Observatory / Luma's Theme
Jogging / Countdown
Battle! (Trainer Battle) - Pokémon X / Pokémon Y
Mii Plaza
Boss Fight 1 - Kid Icarus: Uprising
Dark Pit's Theme
PAC-MAN's PARK / BLOCK TOWN
Duty (Ablaze)
Id (Purpose)
Xenoblade Chronicles Medley
Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt Medley
Ryu Stage
Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY VII
Lost in Thoughts All Alone
Let's Dance, Boys!
Master Core
Lifelight
Splattack!
Underground Theme - Super Mario Land
Vs. Ridley
Vampire Killer
Divine Bloodlines
Prelude (Ablaze)
Vs. Parasite Queen
Gang-Plank Galleon
Tour - Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Battle! (Trainer) - Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon
Underground Theme - Super Mario Bros.
Beneath the Mask
Adventure - DRAGON QUEST III
Main Theme - Banjo-Kazooie
Kurikinton - FATAL FURY 2
The Edge of Dawn (Seasons of Warfare)
ARMS Grand Prix Official Theme Song
Halland/Dalarna
One-Winged Angel
Counterattack - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
N. Sanity Beach
Proof of a Hero
Galeem/Dharkon
Original Medley

sorry for the long post lol

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I wholeheartedly disagree. Solo Pyra and Mythra completely ignore the main mechanics of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, as well as the lore since both are entwined. The game has a major theme about the bonds between Blade and driver, and that's completely ignored as well. Rex & Pyra/Mythra is 100% the better pick here.
You're not wrong, but it would be awkward to display in Smash Bros..and I think Pyra is more popular than Rex is by a lot..I know I wanted her Solo, so I kinda prefer this.

Yeah, though I think dog noises count as voice clips..and Crash seems likely to have his funny babbling.

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
Rex is too op for smash so they had to limit him to a fs and taunt

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
There's a definite irony that what prompts resetera's most adverse reactions is when we get female characters.
"No not that one. The one I want!"

The fact that there was a group of people mad at Min Min because she "wasn't a minority like Twintelle" despite being a minority character is probably the funniest pocket of "controversy" I've seen.

It's been proven otherwise. Voice Theory is bunk.

You're not wrong, but it would be awkward to display in Smash Bros.
I personally disagree that it couldn't be handled well, and I can picture it working just fine, but I suppose since I've never actually developed a platform fighter all I can do is theorycraft so I guess that's not really worth much.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
When do you guys think Pyra's and Mythra's presentation will be in March?

Week before the next amiibos come out or last week of March?

I'm thinking one of those two.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I've had a Lora mii since base game, I didn't even register that was a possibility recently and now I really want one.
Yeah, I just thought about it. I mean, for all what we know we could not get new costumes for Xenoblade characters, but I think it would be really cool to get a few. I think she has a decent chance to make it as a spirit, but I don't know. They definitely have a lot of options to choose for new spirits, assuming they're able to use Nomura's artworks:
  • Jin
  • Malos
  • Vandham
  • Amalthus
  • Akhos
  • Patroka
  • Mikhail
  • Azurda

In a scenario like this I could see Lora and Addam being added. I'll take anything lol

Gotta be honest: with the way things seem to be shaping up right now, I'm kinda worried we might actually be skipping the "lower-key third-party" slot this time around since it makes up almost all of my current wants
Yeah I feel you. Next character might be a bigger one if it's revealed around E3. So it would be up to the last spot, where almost any character will suffer backlash because it's the last one. If you ask me, that feels like the last chance for some of my most wanteds: Kiryu, Sol Badguy, Adol/Estelle, Phoenix Wright...

Not that I ever thought they were likely, but still. In any case, I won't complain if I don't get one of my wants, I'm still enjoying all the other characters a lot. Some more than others, but they're great.

The only thing that would make me feel kinda bummed would be... not getting another Capcom character, even if that sounds kinda weird. Not getting another Capcom rep after 11 DLC fighters would be a bit sad for me.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If only that was the basis of the friction. Alas, it's resetera.

I wonder how many people were banned for thirsting when Sephiroth took his shirt off. None, would be my guess. >_>
Flashback to minefield it was for people trying to make a thread about the Good Smile figures.

IIRC, they couldn't even show images of them without censoring them.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If only that was the basis of the friction. Alas, it's resetera.

I wonder how many people were banned for thirsting when Sephiroth took his shirt off. None, would be my guess. >_>
This reminds me of what I found on Twitter a while ago, and I think it brings a valid point

Last edited:

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
Clearly they were intimidated by his stupid thigh cutouts and used Shackle Driver to seal him away for all eternity.
Well i mean it may not seem like it on a surface level but if you compare Rex to Addam, remember Addam could never Spoiler and Spoiler and rex could. Pyra and Mythra are kinda average powered without rex due to control issues

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
My current theory is that Pyra/Mythra were originally going to end FP2 but they decided against it due to all the backlash Byleth got. I'm still expecting another western pick and fighting character to mirror Banjo & Terry as the next two fighters.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I personally disagree that it couldn't be handled well, and I can picture it working just fine, but I suppose since I've never actually developed a platform fighter all I can do is theorycraft so I guess that's not really worth much.
The two ways I could see them done would be Pyra is off to the side and being closer to her makes you stronger, which could be a hassle on larger stages, even if you could warp her like Steve's table or she'd try to stay close to you, but that could be hard to do on certain stages where she'd possibly fall a lot or get stuck.
If popularity dictated the DLC roster, we’d get Dimitri over Byleth.
I don't know because all three House Leaders were fairly equal in popularity and Byleth, at least female Byleth, was pretty popular after Three Houses released. Byleth also reps the whole of Three Houses better than a single House Leader would while Pyra/Mythra funnily enough rep the whole of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 better than Rex due to Mythra also being a main character in the Torna DLC while both are equal to Rex in importance in Xenoblade Chronicles 2's main story.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My current theory is that Pyra/Mythra were originally going to end FP2 but they decided against it due to all the backlash Byleth got. I'm still expecting another western pick and fighting character to mirror Banjo & Terry as the next two fighters.
I don't think Nintendo cares about Byleth's backlash that much.

And even if they did, that's the wrong lesson to take from it.

People overall are still pretty positive to Pyra and Mythra.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This reminds me of what I found on Twitter a while ago, and I think it brings a valid point

I just want peeps to talk about them like they are characters and not just walking brests. Thats literaly what 90% of the conversations about those two are, "look boobs"

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Yeah, these two own their playable status to the Torna DLC. Without it was probably gonna be Rex but thankfully we live in the dankest timeline.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The two ways I could see them done would be Pyra is off to the side and being closer to her makes you stronger, which could be a hassle on larger stages, even if you could warp her like Steve's table or she'd try to stay close to you, but that could be hard to do on certain stages where she'd possibly fall a lot or get stuck.
The way I envisioned it was that she was like the other Ice Climber. She would echo your movements, and maintain a set distance from Rex. If Rex runs around too much, she does get farther away, but this is also a set distance, and honestly, they could just instead frame it in a way where she just has to focus on running rather than having her struggle to keep up.

EDIT: I don't think Pyra could get lost with this design, but if she somehow did, then she could teleport the second she went beyond her proximity markers, which makes losing her not too big of an issue.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't think Nintendo cares about Byleth's backlash that much.

And even if they did, that's the wrong lesson to take from it.

People overall are still pretty positive to Pyra and Mythra.
Also, a Xenoblade 2 character was highly requested unlike Three Houses.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
But once you start to do that:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There's no winning with some people. At least when people **** on Rex they try to be kind of funny.
this only cements my thought that some people only see these characters for their breasts. Being a woman is a sad sad life sometimes

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
But once you start to do that:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There's no winning with some people. At least when people **** on Rex they try to be kind of funny.
And people wonder why this fanbase gets a bad rep...

Like, C'MON! I do think Pyra and Mythra are well developed! The design is just an added bonus for me. But who'd want to believe THAT in this day and age?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yeah, as much as I thought "Of course Pyra has a spine. She needs it to hold up her-In this episode..." was hilarious, this bothers me immensely.

Watch that scene where Pyra threatens to annihilate herself, and convinces the bad guys that she can actually do this, if they don't let her friends go and tell me she has no merit other than boobs.

Like, C'MON! I do think Pyra and Mythra are well developed!
At the risk of undermining my previous point, the phrasing here got a chuckle out of me as well.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Yeah, as much as I thought "Of course Pyra has a spine. She needs it to hold up her-In this episode..." was hilarious, this bothers me immensely.

Watch that scene where Pyra threatens to annihilate herself, and convinces the bad guys that she can actually do this, if they don't let her friends go and tell me she has no merit other than boobs.

At the risk of undermining my previous point, the phrasing here got a chuckle out of me as well.
I'm bad with words, aren't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom