• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
CERO is more concerned about upskirt shots than anything else. thats the primary issue it has or did everyone making this comparison forget ZSS is in the game already?
Boi, those booty shorts are so tight, she has a visible bulge despite being a girl. Ain't nobody gonna look up those.

7NATOR

Smash Master
To my Knowledge, here's the List of Rumors and theories that either were kept intact, Killed, or given more credibility

Kept Intact

-The Tales of Chun Leak (Pyra and Mythera being in doesn't affect the leak. In fact, the leak never outright said Tales of characters and Chun-Li would be included in DLC, just that they were planned. Both these characters can not be in DLC and technically the Leak would still be real)

-League of Legends leak (not affected, However need to see Mii Costume wave if Hollow Knight shows up)

-Falcom Leak (Not affected, but we'll see with Mii Costumes)

Killed or damaged

-The 4chan list Leak (with Doomguy, Rayman, Ryu)

-The Crash-Reimu-KOS-MOS leak

-Profile Picture theory (this theory suggested characters that didn't have Icons were more likely, but Pyra and Mythera had profile icons)

-Voice Theory (This theory was really already killed, since the theory was just based of CSS, and that even if it were based on slots, the slots wouldn't mean anything since they can be changed. Pyra and Mythera probably kill this harder, Unless one of the next 2 characters are mute.)

-Ryu Amiibo theory (Technically it could be for the next 2 fighters, but the timing of re-release implied CP9. However it wasn't confirmed if it re-released yet, and the Splatoon Amiibos did end up paying off with Splatoon 3 being announced)

-VA mention Smash deconfirm character theory (not really a theory, but One of the voice actors among Pyra and Mythera mentioned Smash at one point, when she was talking about a role she got which was actually for a Gnomeo movie i believe.)

Got more credibility

-Base game leftover theory (Xenoblade 2 was also mentioned with ARMS in being too late for Base game)

-Fire Theory (Shroob might have considered it a joke theory, but a lot of the time there is Truth in Jokes)

-201X Theory (Implied we would have gotten another 2010's character, and we just did with Pyra and Mythera)

-Vergeben List deconfirm theory (Pyra and Mythera were not on the Deconfirmed list for FP5, and KOS-MOS being separate from the Full Namco company Deconfirmation implied more Monolith content, which we just got

There's probably more, and I did plug in some theories I made, but I thought it still be interesting since those Theories I made were affected by Pyra and Mythera being in

Pillow

Smash Lord
your last sentence says why your opinion is not informed.
at least come forward with another JRPG character that could switch between two personalities and movesets, AND has the move set potential to rival this. she has a speed form and a power form at first glance as well as two separate final smashes.
I mean yes, the last sentence was me literally admitting I am not well informed. But there are plenty of characters, including JRPG characters, I like the design of from games I have never played - Pyra is not one of them.

And I never said anything about their moveset, I was speaking only of their visual design and nothing more. They look fun to play.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
your last sentence says why your opinion is not informed.
at least come forward with another JRPG character that could switch between two personalities and movesets, AND has the move set potential to rival this. she has a speed form and a power form at first glance as well as two separate final smashes.
Gameplay and visual design are two entirely different areas. Complaints about one doesn't have to have anything to do with the other.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
In-universe blades "evolve" by incorporating characteristics from their previous drivers (and sometimes current ones) at different points in their evolutionary life cycle. Therefore having them designed by completely different people is a stroke of meta-genius. Y'all just don't understand.
Oh I think that's fine. There just needed to be a bit more communication so that they don't have silliness like one blade using the same artstyle as the main cast while another looks like it fell out of Octopath Traveler's art book.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Except for the fact that one of the problems with XC2s character designs are inconsistent. You have stuff like this
and then you have regular anime girls.
Xenoblade 2's BLADE designs are kinda a meme themselves. I mean, the Xenoblade 2 creators went to various artists, gave them mainly an element or theme to draw on rather than to draw something specific and the majority of the artists drew female characters with the element or theme, resulting in the majority of female BLADES you get.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
THE FACT THAT I SAID THIS YESTERDAY AND EVERYONE WAS LIKE EH IT DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING. LMFAO
It still doesn't... because you can make that argument for countless games. FE titles, Zelda titles, Kirby titles, SF titles... their spirit representation also comes at the exclusion of comprehensively representing all their titles.

If your point was indicative of causation and not coincidence we'd be awaiting far more than just two remaining characters.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Nobody told me that the Metal Heads were in this game!
Seriously, WHAT.
Wulfric is a pretty well executed kindly beast character. He's into reading, and wants to help everyone, but also has a tendency to roar loudly and scare people half to death. He gains access to one of his affinity chart rings due to being so happy that he was finally accepted by someone who wasn't his driver.

Also he has a chest laser.

Ivander

Smash Legend
No alts tho.

Which is actually pretty odd
Yeah, it's been pointed out, considering Steve's and Sephiroth's Alt costumes could be seen after their reveal rather than after their Sakurai Presents videos. So it's possible that Pyra and Mythra might have a or some notable costumes.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It still doesn't... because you can make that argument for countless games. FE titles, Zelda titles, Kirby titles, SF titles... their spirit representation also comes at the exclusion of comprehensively representing all their titles.

If your point was indicative of causation and not coincidence we'd be awaiting far more than just two remaining characters.
This is how Gooigi can still win.

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice

Xc2 does not have spirits for any of it's antagonists... That is a completely different case than every series spirits you mentioned

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’m sorry if this has been brought up already, I haven’t kept up with this thread much today. I was curious if anyone thinks if the Ninja Gaiden collection has any impact on Ryu Hyabusa’s chances. On one hand, having games on Switch makes him a lot more relevant. On the other, you would think this would have been the time to announce him. I like Ryu but part of me is hoping he doesn’t get in just because he is the main NES rep preventing the Battletoads from having a chance.

On another note, I wonder if the exclusion of Rex helps Akira Howard’s odds. The Blade and Legion concepts were pretty similar and now that Pyra and Mythra are just transform characters, they don’t really have much in common with Akira now.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Gameplay and visual design are two entirely different areas. Complaints about one doesn't have to have anything to do with the other.
individual design complaints from this forum being prude and averse to ANYTHING sexual are nothing new. gameplay complaints on a character with 2 forms and one being speed and one being power when that is 100 percent different from the rest of the roster is picky at best and ridiculous expectations at the worst.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

1613613909218.png

"Guys I'm just saying, it's kinda suspicious we have a huge lack of Fire Emblem Blazing Blade characters...

I'm thinking the Lyn... is in."

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, it's been pointed out, considering Steve's and Sephiroth's Alt costumes could be seen after their reveal rather than after their Sakurai Presents videos. So it's possible that Pyra and Mythra might have a or some notable costumes.
One color seems pretty obvious, the green one.

If they actually somehow get their swimwear ala Shulk, I would be ****ing stunned tbh.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
Also... UUUUH

They're counted as two separate characters in the website. #79 and 80.

So we're gonna end up at 82, not 81 like we thought. Curious, tbh.
Makes sense. All of Trainer's Pokemon have separate numbers.
Also, just going to lay out this obvious truth that a shocking number of butthurt people on the internet seem to be misinterpreting: No, this does not mean that Pyra and Mythra are two separate slots in the Fighter's Pass. We do, in fact, still have two more full characters to go.

I know you all know, just...sheesh...

I.D.

Smash Lord
One color seems pretty obvious, the green one.

If they actually somehow get their swimwear ala Shulk, I would be ****ing stunned tbh.
I'm JUST saying, they gave them competition swimsuits instead of actual bikinis...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Simple answer could be they havent finished them yet.

Or, that there's something they don't want to show us yet :O But why...
I think you either misquoted or misinterpreted.

Also, just going to lay out this obvious truth that a shocking number of butthurt people on the internet seem to be misinterpreting: No, this does not mean that Pyra and Mythra are two separate slots in the Fighter's Pass. We do, in fact, still have two more full characters to go.

I don't think anyone was thinking otherwise. Not anyone here at least.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Ah, yes, they occupy a singular slot in the site and there's two empty ones, so CLEARLY they take up two slots! :4pacman:

I get you, tbh. People sometimes...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Surprised some people think Pyra & Mythra look like boring generic anime swordscharacters.

Mythra has Ultra Instinct Shaggy powers, and people think she's boring?!?!

(not necessarily talking about here, but elsewhere. I may not have wanted them personally (was just neutral) but they sure seem cool lol)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom