• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Huh, Blocked Content related video debunking a dubious leak.

Presumably this will be followed by a PapoGenos adjacent presentation suggesting not to get your hopes up too much about rumors and a GameXplain editorial decrying the lack of fair pair for employees in the video game industry.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
My bad. Anyways, Rayman and the Knight would be solid picks. In fact, I would really like to see Rayman make it in but he has had such bad luck with Smash with him only having minor roles in the games. Not that it's a bad thing, any kind of representation is a honor. But that, combined with his lack of popularity in Japan makes it seem like he will not happen, period.

Which is a shame, the Rayman games are solid and I hold the original Rayman up to a high regard. The game holds up so well today and the graphics don't even look like a PS1 game.

For the Knight, I have not played his game yet so I can't comment but I've heard great things about the game.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Huh, Blocked Content video debunking a dubious leak.

Presumably this will be followed by a PapoGenos presentation suggesting not to get your hopes up too much about rumors and a GameXplain editorial decrying the lack of fair pair for employees in the video game industry.
that's not a blocked content video though. this is his video:
as you can see his is a bit more... clickbaity

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
View attachment 299022
That's the Mii Swordfighter render, all right. Of course, that doesn't excuse the complete lack of series icon
I think the icon is there, it's just that it's almost the same color as the background for some reason. Notice how the Training Stage lines appear distorted close to the Mii Knight's percentage. (You can take a better look here)

...Of course, that doesn't mean this is real. In fact, it screams "fake" even more because of it.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I swear to god if someone just photoshopped a png of goku into a smash bros screenshot, blurred it, and sent it to blocked content he would make a 10 minute video on it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At least LaxChris knew when to quit.

also that flip flopping between calling him “The Knight” and “Hollow Knight”

ok but can I say it tho?

imma say it

RAYMAN POG RAYMAN POG

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Oh well. Fake or not. It's nice to see people put this level of effort into leaks again after so long without them.

It wasn’t made with that much effort, though, and was intended to bait Block Content.
I don't get that. Like I don't think Blocked content cares if it's fake or not as long as it's at least convincing enough to get clicks so it really does more to help him than expose him.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
At least LaxChris knew when to quit.

also that flip flopping between calling him “The Knight” and “Hollow Knight”

ok but can I say it tho?

imma say it

RAYMAN POG RAYMAN POG
I was half-expecting you to start pogging out over the Knight Mii, which could have led into the LoL leak and I know you want that one to pan out.

Though, it should be noted that for it to be true the Knight needs to come with Sealed Vessel. If it just comes with Hollow Knight Main Theme or Enter Hallownest... RIP

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I was half-expecting you to start pogging out over the Knight Mii, which could have led into the LoL leak and I know you want that one to pan out.

Though, it should be noted that for it to be true the Knight needs to come with Sealed Vessel. If it just comes with Hollow Knight Main Theme or Enter Hallownest... RIP
I was more pointing out that Rayman’s face in the thumbnail looked like a pog lmao

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The trailer for Bowser's Fury has released.
Hmm, the new stuff looks way more like Mario Odyssey than it does like 3D World.

Also, trying to make Bowser look like a badass? What is this, Smash?

So in other words, Giant Cat Bell = SSJ Godzilla Mario?
Golden Oozaru Mario. :p

Actually, this giant Bowser thing made me think of it as like.... Giga Bowser but official. Wouldn't be surprised if perhaps this replaced Giga Bowser in a future Smash game
I hope so. And if he does, I hope he gets unique boss moves next time instead of just being...Bowser's moveset, only bigger.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
A user here made a point about Ultimate‘s roster choices:

I know Ashley and Takamaru were likely out-prioritized, but I just wanted to give some food for thought.

That said, If I were in charge of roster picks, I’d easily replace :ultisabelle::ultincineroar::ultpiranha: with Ashley, Takamaru and Mimikyu (the last of which I just plopped I’m there for fun).
I remember Sakurai saying in a Famitsu interview that Takamaru probably would have been a character in smash 4 if his series got revived at some point, like Punch-Out (Wii) did in Little Mac's favour:

As for Ashley, the guy is right. I also remember her being heavily marketed and her popularity was even compared to Isabelle back then.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Mario, Sonic, and Dragon Ball? I think we all know we're this is going.....

Super Mario Bros. Z Is Returning After 3 Years | NintendoSoup
"Featuring Super Mario Bros Z Mario for Smash! When losing to Peach, the character will not clap but rather scream about hpw the feminists are taking over!"

That's all I know the creator by lmao
Hey guys whats-
*Notices Hollow Knight
*Gets Happy
*Realizes its just a fake leak
*Gets Sad
The solution is to sell people on the Knight and how cool they'd be. Hollow Knight's so cool that me not liking it is my only bad video game opinion

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok leaker now release the mod

three days later

“This page has been DMCA’d by Nintendo”

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Here's a theory I've been thinking about for a little.

Biggest Options Theory
Biggest Options Theory is simple: That each third-party character is one of (Though not necessarily the) biggest options their company has to offer. There's two definitions of "biggest option" here: Impact and recognizability in the overall industry, and popularity in the Smash fanbase.

Let's look at the third-parties so far:

• :ultsnake: - From arguably the most well-known stealth game and highly influential for storytelling (Though he could've been an exception due to being a Kojima request, he still fits regardless)
  • :ultsonic: - Was Mario's rival back in the day, immensely popular request, Sega's mascot
  • :ultmegaman: - NES legend, one of the biggest requests back in the Smash 4 days, one of Capcom's mascots (Or at least he was)
  • :ultpacman: - Easily one of the most recognizable video game characters period, Bamco's mascot
  • :ultryu: - Mr. Fighting Game himself, one of Capcom's mascots
  • :ultcloud: - Mr. JRPG, cited as being having the most requests for a Final Fantasy character
  • :ultbayonetta: - A potential exception; She was supposedly chosen for the ballot, which would give her the edge in popularity, but there's also the possibility that Nintendo chose her in advance to push her series, which Nintendo helped fund.
  • :ultsimon: - NES star, did well on the ballot
  • :ultrichter: - Sort of an exception; He was an easy clone who Simon took some moves from. Though, he's basically just a Simon alt so we can count him out.
  • :ultken: - The original Echo Fighter; Though, as a borderline-semiclone, he's still fairly easy to make compared to most of the fighters listed here, so we could count him out too
  • :ultjoker: - A recent success, he's been heavily pushed by Sega lately. If we narrow it down to Atlus specifically, his home series is easily their biggest IP (Sorry SMT)
  • :ulthero3: - Representative for the defining JRPG, a cultural phenomenon in Japan
  • :ultbanjokazooie: - Extremely popular, constantly topping polls since the Melee era. If we go for Rare specifically, I think they're easily their most recognizable creation
  • :ult_terry: - The mascot of SNK as a whole, despite his lack of relevance in recent games.
  • :ultsteve: - The biggest game ever
  • :ultsephiroth: - One of the most iconic villains in gaming, and has one of the most iconic boss themes to boot
Based on the 14-16 characters so far, we can predict that future third-party characters will also be the from the biggest games in a company's selection and/or the most frequently-requested characters they own.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I’ve watched the Bowsers Fury trailer 4 damn times now and I still don’t know what’s happening.
Bowser ruins a family vacation at the beach so his son is forced to join with his worst nemesis to stop him. And there's Super Saiyan cats too.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
:ultbayonetta: - A potential exception; She was supposedly chosen for the ballot, which would give her the edge in popularity, but there's also the possibility that Nintendo chose her in advance to push her series, which Nintendo helped fund.
It has been confirmed that Bayonetta started work just after the ballot kicked off. She is 100% not a ballot pick.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
New Switch color scheme bundle announced.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I have been working on a somewhat tangential theory myself - Trailer Theory

some can stand on their own like Steve or Terry or Byleth or Joker, but others might be follow ups to other trailers or have a connection to something else.

Banjo’s trailer - sequel to K. Rool’s
Hero’s trailer - post-WoL Bad Ending A (Galeem alone is defeated, Dharkon spreads their corruption all across the universe, everyone is being controlled. Link’s the last one to avoid giving in until the Heroes appear)
Sephiroth’s trailer - post-WoL Bad Ending B (Dharkon alone is defeated, Galeem is about to erase everyone else again. But for real this time. At least until Sephiroth kills them and is like “my city now”)
I make this sound like a visual novel lmao

what I think we might see
  • Final Battle trailer vs both Galeem AND Dharkon (boi if it ain’t Elma with Uncontrollable playing imma be miffed)
  • Sequel to Simon/Richter’s trailer (Reimu because Embodiment of Scarlet Devil? Ryu Hayabusa because NES connection?)
  • Sequel to Ridley’s Trailer (Master Chief? KOS-MOS?)
  • MAYBE a sequel to Kencineroar too? Assuming there’s more dlc after this pass ends

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom