• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Just a little over a week until the Ultimate ride ends for good. I can only hope I get one of my most wanteds in at the end (Sora, Demi-Fiend, Kiryu Kazuma, Shadow, Master Chief, etc). I just HOPE that Ultimate ends on a bang and makes me happy!
Yeah, as of this hour, it's now 8 days exact until the Day of Reckoning, as I like to call it.
So, with our final DLC fighter on the horizon, is there anything you would have added to any of the 11 fighters we have already received? Not replaced with, added to (big difference, see?). I was hoping that with Banjo & Kazooie, we would have gotten at least a few more of the original tracks from the series (especially a few tracks from Nuts & Bolts; controversial as it was, the OST is one of Grant Kirkhope's finest works).

D

Deleted member

I guess the leak is fake then.

Imagine all the freedom of guessing that a surprise fighter reveal can accomplish.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is probably some kind of prophecy then. Blaster Master is now our final fighter. :4pacman:
I'll be mad upset if that ends up being right as one time I had a dream which had Miriam, Terry Bogard again but he has a normal hammer, Strider Hiryu, Smash 4 Ryu and someone called Saac Clarke who was Haomaru but with melanin and that means I had a shot at Miriam

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
The Smash Bros. fanbase needs the same level of cooperation concerning keeping expectations in check as the Futurama fanbase has in balancing literally every like/dislike bar of any video with the Neutrals on Youtube, especially with next week's presentation.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I remember having weird dream.... Nickelodeon characters were in the last Mii wave. I remember seeing Ren and Stimpy in my dream.
Few days later, the last fighter reveal date is set at October 5...

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I remember having weird dream.... Nickelodeon characters were in the last Mii wave. I remember seeing Ren and Stimpy in my dream.
Few days later, the last fighter reveal date is set at October 5...
Yeah, odd dreams like that happen a lot if you're into something. I've shared here before that I dreamed that Harry Potter and Frank Reynolds were added as full-fledged fighters.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I once had a dream where Meruem from Hunter x Hunter was added to Smash, but his render was a poorly drawn portrait of him and there was no other content from Hunter x Hunter because it's not a video game franchise. **** was weird.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Just a little over a week until the Ultimate ride ends for good. I can only hope I get one of my most wanteds in at the end (Sora, Demi-Fiend, Kiryu Kazuma, Shadow, Master Chief, etc). I just HOPE that Ultimate ends on a bang and makes me happy!
Agree to disagree here in terms of the ride ending for good, but then again I have become ever the optimist over time.

I however do hope that this character is a big deal for the majority of the community. As much as I want the blue puppet, some very small part of me hopes that it isn't him as 11 just because of all the hate my boi would get.

Though that part of me is very small and would likely drink the tears if it did happen.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Harada theory doesn't matter. He talks ****, but he's not going to go to Sakurai and say "Don't add these characters because some losers on twitter annoyed me".
That's not the theory

The theory isn't that Harada went to Sakurai and said to make sure these characters don't get in, the theory is that Harada knew of what characters were being added to the FP2 line up, and only listed characters he knew were not Playable, or even perhaps making a appearance in Smash

There were other Twitter accounts (like an Heihachi one) that were involved in the scandal, but Harada didn't list them, only those 6. Even if this incident was before Harada got big promotion at Namco, Harada was still in big spot in Namco, the team that's lending their hand at Sora.LTD for Smash development, and Sakurai and Harada have talked before, like about the prospect of adding Rollback. It's a real possibility that Harada might be more in the know about what's going on in Smash development.

It's very speculative though, and I don't know if it's the most concrete. I will say at this point it has been coincidentally lining up since none of the characters listed actually have showed up at all. Take of it as you will

Also to add into the Sora Train, apparently Harada actually unblocked the Sora twitter account sometime in June of this year...very shortly before that 4chan post showed up. It might also be the only account that was unblocked by Harada

Due to that September post, that 4chan post is shady though. In any case though I'm liking the story that's going on regarding Sora. Stuff like KH Music playing in stores, the revelation that Harada unblocked Sora account, and the Disney game getting attention in the Direct, it's very interesting, even if it doesn't lead to much in the long run

Shroob

Sup?
That's not the theory

The theory isn't that Harada went to Sakurai and said to make sure these characters don't get in, the theory is that Harada knew of what characters were being added to the FP2 line up, and only listed characters he knew were not Playable, or even perhaps making a appearance in Smash

There were other Twitter accounts (like an Heihachi one) that were involved in the scandal, but Harada didn't list them, only those 6. Even if this incident was before Harada got big promotion at Namco, Harada was still in big spot in Namco, the team that's lending their hand at Sora.LTD for Smash development, and Sakurai and Harada have talked before, like about the prospect of adding Rollback. It's a real possibility that Harada might be more in the know about what's going on in Smash development.

It's very speculative though, and I don't know if it's the most concrete. I will say at this point it has been coincidentally lining up since none of the characters listed actually have showed up at all. Take of it as you will

Also to add into the Sora Train, apparently Harada actually unblocked the Sora twitter account sometime in June of this year...very shortly before that 4chan post showed up. It might also be the only account that was unblocked by Harada

Due to that September post, that 4chan post is shady though. In any case though I'm liking the story that's going on regarding Sora. Stuff like KH Music playing in stores, the revelation that Harada unblocked Sora account, and the Disney game getting attention in the Direct, it's very interesting, even if it doesn't lead to much in the long run
Again though. Neither Sakurai or Harada chose the DLC, Nintendo did.

I severely doubt Harada has enough power to overturn a Nintendo mandate.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Odds are the final character won't be ending things off with a bang as the most hype characters typically come in the first half (Hero and Banjo after Joker set the stage and Steve and Sephiroth after Min Min) but there is the off chance that this character is the final one as the negotiations were later in the process in the same way that Steve was in negotiation for five years.

I'm not banking on it but it's a possibility.

Looking at things as objectively as I can, here are all the characters I would put money on in order of least wanted to most

LoL character
Cinderace
Ryu Hyabusa
Phoenix Wright
Second Sonic character
and
Dixie Kong

Heoj

Smash Ace
So apart from the sketchy september backtrack thing, has the Sora thing been deconfirmed?

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
That september backtrack thing could also be a misunderstanding / forgotten thing. I mean, he may have forgotten about the October 5 date, and saw, when the Direct was announced he remembered "hey I probably know something!!". Then it turned out that - indeed - the music is for a digital presentation on October 5th like he said earlier and he remembered (or something like that).

If the post is real, that is. I don't know what to think at this moment. It feels so weirdly specific and so different in it's reasoning. I could actually believe that music for presentations have to be licensed differently than the music in the game.

And I still believe Sora could actually be in. That's probably working too. While Byleth and other closers were super mediocre, remember that this is THE ending to the ultimate Smash. I can't believe they would hold off a super lame character until the end. Especially since pass 2 started with Min Min, the least impressive so far (I think). If the "theory of hype characters first" is real, they could've hold here off at least until Steve (and Sephiroth) were out. And those rules of only one SE character per pass or something, is just a fan rule, it could be broken easily. Actually, Sora could be considered a Disney character (I would think for sure their copyright would be there at the end of the trailer at least).

Sora for me is actually a decently likely character (regardless of thinking about if this leak is real or not):
  • BIG character; one of the most requested ones for Smash ever. Banjo, Ridley and K. Rool already got in; is this one of the major ones voted for in the Ballot? I think so.
  • If they want to end of Ultimate really strong, then Sora is a good way to go. Together with Crash and Master Chief imo. Three biggies that are either gaming icons or HEAVILY requested (or both for some).
  • I don't think Disney is that stingy with their properties. Seeing their properties in Fortnite and Fall Guys make me feel like Smash is an option for Disney; especially since Sora isn't even a movie character.
  • Disney and Nintendo are on pretty good terms. Disney Magical World in the Direct, there is a special Disney Tsum Tsum themed Switch, Bowser got in Wreck It-Ralph... the list goes on.
  • Sora is different and unique enough to add something new to Smash. A criteria Sakurai has mentioned a few times before.
  • Disney music or Disney movie properties wouldn't even be needed for Sora to be in Smash if Sakurai wants exclusively game stuff in Smash.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144

Seems as though the official Twitter will be doing their own countdown to the final character, showing off the key moments and reveals since Ultimate's initial teaser.
3F01E4F4-F2B7-4F24-A74C-B44B98A1FB0F.jpeg

This… does put a smile on my face.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Every time someone uses "this is the ultimate Smash" to justify a character, they have to make another donation to Translators without Borders.

Seriously, all previous Smash games were considered as big deals by developers by the time came out and none of them went "****, we have to hold on to one of the big reveals for the sake of a strong ending". I don't see why this game has to be any different just because the translation team wanted to be cute.

D

Deleted member

I am inclined to believe the Sora stuff, but I'm still taking into note the surprise factor.

D

Deleted member

Either way, I'm probably gonna be happy that I'm part of this game's lifetime. I pretty much got some good picks that honestly make me satisfied enough whoever gets revealed.

While secretly hiding my salt over Danganronpa not getting in...we'll have our chance someday

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't really believe the Sora stuff but I'll be happy to be wrong.

We always seem to focus on one particular character before things drop and unless it's a genuine leak, it's rarely on the money. Steve and Sephiroth certainly got us by surprise and Byleth had that stupid Riddler game set up because the leakers don't wanna be the one to say "it a blue hair sword boi" and get torn to shreds.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, as of this hour, it's now 8 days exact until the Day of Reckoning, as I like to call it.
So, with our final DLC fighter on the horizon, is there anything you would have added to any of the 11 fighters we have already received? Not replaced with, added to (big difference, see?). I was hoping that with Banjo & Kazooie, we would have gotten at least a few more of the original tracks from the series (especially a few tracks from Nuts & Bolts; controversial as it was, the OST is one of Grant Kirkhope's finest works).
Hero - the WoL possession effects in normal gameplay since the trailer showed them
Byleth - Shambhala as a music track, and a Tsubasa Oribe Mii to go with her Spirit. That or an Itsuki Aoi Mii
Sephiroth - other Square Enix music and a Crono Mii
Pyra/Mythra - Xenoblade Chronicles X music
Kazuya - another Indie Brawler Mii (Ori maybe?) or a Monokuma Brawler Mii to go with the “half x” theme Kazuya’s pack overall had. Monokuma is half hope and half des-BEAR despair

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
on a side note I still see people talking about the sora leak. It’s probably fake. There currently 4 versions from what I’ve seen going around so it’s most likely either the same person spamming them hoping to be right or they saw the trend of the spam.

I’ll sum up the timeline of the posts here

A post was made on 30th of June under one of those Mystery threads saying “sora is last, he will be announced on October 5th”

then we got 2 posts about an hour apart on July the 30th both saying “I work at disney music and Nintendo rang disney to get the rights to several music tracks for a Digital event on October the 5th. Sora is in smash bros”

then we got a post on the day the direct was announced that was the same as the last post but it says “I work at Disney music Nintendo paid a hefty sum of money for kingdom hearts music. sora will be announced in September”

It’s most likely the same person.

D

Deleted member

on a side note I still see people talking about the sora leak. It’s probably fake. There currently 4 versions from what I’ve seen going around so it’s most likely either the same person spamming them hoping to be right or they saw the trend of the spam.

I’ll sum up the timeline of the posts here

A post was made on 30th of June under one of those Mystery threads saying “sora is last, he will be announced on October 5th”

then we got 2 posts about an hour apart on July the 30th both saying “I work at disney music and Nintendo rang disney to get the rights to several music tracks for a Digital event on October the 5th. Sora is in smash bros”

then we got a post on the day the direct was announced that was the same as the last post but it says “I work at Disney music Nintendo paid a hefty sum of money for kingdom hearts music. sora will be announced in September”

It’s most likely the same person.
I see I see.

If that September wedgie did not pull through, pretty much everyone would believe it. Though that single-handedly falsified the whole ordeal, but with those two posts he made back then, I could be wrong.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Considering everyone on 4chan is anon, we dont know if the October guy is the same as the September guy. And why he would say september..when its almost october🤷🏿‍♀️ Sep is almost over, why would you make a "leak" saying "this is happening in September" when there is only 7 days left of the month as of that direct?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't want to say it seals the deal for me yet, but it most likely seals the deal for me.
I mean, I dont belive it either just so I dont expect anything. i just find it funny that one poster said it was happening in Sep when there was on 7 days left in the month with nothig smash related scheduled

i belive the october ones more but im still a pessimist soo yeah

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
On another side note they seem to be hyping this character up. We got a reminder post from the Nintendo pages about the sakurai presents and now they’re doing the countdown to the announcement each day which to me says they’re confident in this pick.

I don’t think it’ll be a huge pick like sora as an example but I think it’ll be someone they’ve Never managed to get the rights for before. I’m talking a company that’s never had content whatsoever in smash before. There’s multiple companies out their that’s not had content in smash yet so I think the last character will be someone Nintendo finally managed to get their hands on after about 5 smash games.

think of the scenario as a company that was probably more stingy than square Enix.

obviously I’m gonna say my boy Layton. I’ll always will but there’s many other companies that’s had nothing in smash before so don’t underestimate smaller companies.

D

Deleted member

On another side note they seem to be hyping this character up. We got a reminder post from the Nintendo pages about the sakurai presents and now they’re doing the countdown to the announcement each day which to me says they’re confident in this pick.

I don’t think it’ll be a huge pick like sora as an example but I think it’ll be someone they’ve Never managed to get the rights for before. I’m talking a company that’s never had content whatsoever in smash before. There’s multiple companies out their that’s not had content in smash yet so I think the last character will be someone Nintendo finally managed to get their hands on after about 5 smash games.

think of the scenario as a company that was probably more stingy than square Enix.

obviously I’m gonna say my boy Layton. I’ll always will but there’s many other companies that’s had nothing in smash before so don’t underestimate smaller companies.
This.

This is what I'm talking about when I'm hoping for a surprise pick.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That september backtrack thing could also be a misunderstanding / forgotten thing. I mean, he may have forgotten about the October 5 date, and saw, when the Direct was announced he remembered "hey I probably know something!!". Then it turned out that - indeed - the music is for a digital presentation on October 5th like he said earlier and he remembered (or something like that).

If the post is real, that is. I don't know what to think at this moment. It feels so weirdly specific and so different in it's reasoning. I could actually believe that music for presentations have to be licensed differently than the music in the game.

And I still believe Sora could actually be in. That's probably working too. While Byleth and other closers were super mediocre, remember that this is THE ending to the ultimate Smash. I can't believe they would hold off a super lame character until the end. Especially since pass 2 started with Min Min, the least impressive so far (I think). If the "theory of hype characters first" is real, they could've hold here off at least until Steve (and Sephiroth) were out. And those rules of only one SE character per pass or something, is just a fan rule, it could be broken easily. Actually, Sora could be considered a Disney character (I would think for sure their copyright would be there at the end of the trailer at least).

Sora for me is actually a decently likely character (regardless of thinking about if this leak is real or not):
  • BIG character; one of the most requested ones for Smash ever. Banjo, Ridley and K. Rool already got in; is this one of the major ones voted for in the Ballot? I think so.
  • If they want to end of Ultimate really strong, then Sora is a good way to go. Together with Crash and Master Chief imo. Three biggies that are either gaming icons or HEAVILY requested (or both for some).
  • I don't think Disney is that stingy with their properties. Seeing their properties in Fortnite and Fall Guys make me feel like Smash is an option for Disney; especially since Sora isn't even a movie character.
  • Disney and Nintendo are on pretty good terms. Disney Magical World in the Direct, there is a special Disney Tsum Tsum themed Switch, Bowser got in Wreck It-Ralph... the list goes on.
  • Sora is different and unique enough to add something new to Smash. A criteria Sakurai has mentioned a few times before.
  • Disney music or Disney movie properties wouldn't even be needed for Sora to be in Smash if Sakurai wants exclusively game stuff in Smash.
The only thing is...Smash never ends on a banger.

Brawl: :olimar:
Sm4sh::4duckhunt:
Sm4sh (DLC)::4bayonetta:(Which was controversial given debate whether the ballot was rigged or not)
Ultimate (Base)::ultken::ultincineroar:

The most I'm expecting is a mid-tier reveal or a low-note.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Considering everyone on 4chan is anon, we dont know if the October guy is the same as the September guy. And why he would say september..when its almost october🤷🏿‍♀️ Sep is almost over, why would you make a "leak" saying "this is happening in September" when there is only 7 days left of the month as of that direct?
We can't know thanks to the lack of a tripcode on either post. The thing is that when Anon backtracked, it was the day before our Direct, and thus before we knew it was in fact October 5th, and thus before anyone had any reason to pay the initial "leak" any mind. It just didn't have enough attention drawn to it at that point for a copycat to be at all probable.

Now at this point I'm just speculating on a person's intent, but I'd imagine that after the Direct was announced, they figured that the Sakurai Presents would be in a matter of days from the Direct and that the same Direct would have had the reveal, whoever that may have been. The implication they were trying to sell was that the reveal would be on the Direct, and that it was Sora. And since their previous "leak" didn't really get that much attention, there was hardly any reason not to try again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom